The Fanpoppy Awards 2009 Award Categories

hooch-is-crazy posted on Jan 29, 2009 at 08:09PM
The Fanpoppies are back! WHOOOO! for those young whippersnappers who don't know what the Fanpoppies are, read link article. Anyway, to make the Fanpoppies more awesome than they were last year (which, by the way, was extremely) one thing we need is the categories for awards, this list is the list for last year's awards.

Best Pick Series-
Best Option Added to an Existing Pick-
Best Spot Icon/Banner-
Best Event (stuff like Fanpop's Got Talent and Fanpop Secret Santa)-
Best New Fan-
Best Soapbox (Entertainment)-
Best Soapbox (Informative)-
Best FanArt-
Best Video-
Best Comments on a Pick-
Best Comments in a Forum-
Best Series of Comments -
Best Pick-
Best Spot in the category of...
Books/Literature-
Hobbies-
Lifestyle/Politics-
Movies-
Television-
Other-
Pending-
Outstanding Contributions to...
Picks-
Images-
Videos-
Links-
Single spot-

Then there's the three special awards

-The Lifetime Achievement Award
-The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award
-The Fanpop Four Award For Constructive Criticism

And these are some other possible ones

Best Username-
Best quiz question-
Best motto-
Best individual comment-
More categories for best spot.

But suggestions are needed, if you can think of anything else that could do with an award, or an award that isn't really needed, then comment.

P.S. If an award category is accepted but there is a lack of nominations, it will have to be removed, but we'll try to stop that from happening, only if there's only one or two (or no) nominations.

P.P.S. nominations aren't open yet, so don't nominate anyhting, they will come later, but first we need to know of all the categories.

The Fanpoppy Awards 44 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 germany123 said…
smile
hmmmm..im confused..what do i do!?

*nods*
i agree...
一年多以前 hooch-is-crazy said…
Just suggest any new award categories you can think of so a final list can be made.
一年多以前 germany123 said…
hmmmm well i still like the "best quiz option" thing i suggested some time ago..but that might be too confusing :S

and we will have endless categories- so ill go with what we have.
my next idea would be:
+getting the word oot to have more people involved(like we did for fgt)
+asking papa to put a thingy up on the front page..on the newsfeed
+ getting people to edit their picks and such to have them expire..or adding the year since all the picks and such will be muddled up everything for this year needs to be marked 2009
+ i feel weird getting involved since this was kinda yours and bliss and dazzys thing and all..ill just sit here..and wait to take orders :P
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 germany123 said…
smile
link

i took ze liberty of making sis pick :P
一年多以前 germany123 said…
mischievous
link

and some more advertising on the poop
and here
link
i think thats all i have..though i could do more since the great amazondebs is oot of town and she cant say anything aboot advertising spots the wrong way
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ladolcevita said…
Best User Icon-
&
Most obsessed fan- (example - Saul_Mikoliunas for the how i met your mother spot)

last edited 一年多以前
Most obsessed fan is a bit similar to outstanding contribution to a single spot, but I love best user icon.
一年多以前 germany123 said…
smile
i agree with hoochy.and best user icon is a good category *nods* i like..
一年多以前 Cammie said…
laugh
My 10c worth of suggestion:

best soapbox/article title

best user profile photo gallery (some users have some awesome photos in their profile)
一年多以前 germany123 said…
oh and what aboot best fan art? as in not only best image (say a photo) but best altered image?
There is best fan art, but the article title one sounds good.
一年多以前 jighooligan101 said…
hmmm
Do we send in our choices or will they be made into picks?
一年多以前 germany123 said…
oops there is? my bad..

yeah im guessing there will be more categories and fans participating this time..maybe it will be too much work if we send them again?

ooops..must.read.properly!!
last edited 一年多以前
Well, if there was a longer amount of time for sending in choices then it would be fine, picks have the disadvantage of people being able to see the results, but they are easier, I still like the message way though.
一年多以前 Cammie said…
Hey hoochy, has a date been set?
I'm thinking of February 21st, because it's the day before the Oscars, just like last year, but it might change.
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
big smile
what about more stuff based around what fans have actually made like best fan art was a bit misleading as last year there were some nomination for fan art that wasn't made by fanpoppers just posted by them

what about a best fan made video or something?

as for advertising what about us putting stuff on our profiles again (like we did for FGT) or making pop quiz questions in the fanpop users spot e.g. "who won the most fanpoppies" or have we linked you explanation article or this forum to the fanpop users spot?

*gets excited*
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
is there a catergory for the best new spot like spot that was created since last year :)

oh and just for clarification what counts as a new fan? someone who's under a year?
一年多以前 germany123 said…
cool
oh yes i meant best fanart MADE by a popper...and i will add the spot to my list now...not that a lot of people stalk me but heck its worth a try!!
The new fan thing was questionable last year, because Fanpop was so tiny a year before the last ones, but I was thinking a year too this time.

Oh, and by the way, I'll be gone over the weekend, so over that time I can't do anything, just so you don't start asking me things and wonder why I haven't replied.
一年多以前 knifewrench said…
How about "best photopop". As in, who has made the most impressive edit to a picture.
last edited 一年多以前
So, before I forget to say this, opinions on categories for best spot?

These were last time's

Books/Literature-
Hobbies-
Lifestyle/Politics-
Movies-
Television-
Other-
Pending-

There's been call for more, but I'm wondering whether we could get enough nominations for them all, although, I'm starting to think now, we could put in all the categories and if some don't get enough spots nominated we put all the ones that don't together to make "other".
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
hmmm
hmmmmmm i think you could get in enough nominations i mean votes might differ on what you get for them but i rekon you could get enough nominations if you pretty much did what the fanpop catorgories have that way there's no confusion either e.g. say i wanted to nominate a spot for a band i wouldn't no where to put it, in them but it's certainly not "other" if you catch my drift

a question that has nothing to do with categories where's bliss?
一年多以前 Cammie said…
smile
Just thought I'd leave this feedback for ya, hoochy ... I like all the categories and also the added suggestions that have been put by users.
I had an idea for another category that came to me whilst I was sweltering in the heatwave here.
How about a 'Fanpoppy Hall Of Fame' category?
Having done some profile stalking (as I do,lol) there is enough users that have been fanpoppers since the site was founded that would be very suitable nominees.
一年多以前 germany123 said…
surprise
well this seems to be becoming more popular *points to fancount* but its only the same usual suspects giving input :P

when do nominations start? you said the fanpoppies should be held on feb 21st? will there be enough time? i think the voting period should be long enough cause from what i remember from fgt people are suuuper forgetful when it comes to voting.

and yes..where is bliss!? and dazl?
p.s. on a TOTALLY unrelated note..did you guys know the twilight spot has 12834 fans?
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Cammie said…
sad
"but its only the same suspects giving input" ... do you not like my idea, gemmy?

okay ... it was only a thought.
I'll open the nominations in 24 hours roughly, so whatever I have then will be the final list.
一年多以前 ineedcoffee said…
sad
Books/Literature-
Hobbies-
Lifestyle/Politics-
Movies-
Music-
Television-
Other-
Pending-

I think It should look like this as debs has said there are a lot of music spots out there also maybe a shipping one if you want I personally would rather not see a shipping category but there are so many. sorry I am late in putting in my 2 cents but I forgot to put this in my updates.
一年多以前 germany123 said…
wink
oh cam..why would you even think that!
i meant to say: its the same usual suspects actually doing something!
those who always voice their opinions i.e. not a lot of new fans(though we seem to have them) who actually contribute. they prefer to sit on the sidelines watching others work.

last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Cammie said…
smile
Oh, I'M SORRY, I misunderstood, gemmy.
I thought you were referring to me suggesting a 'popularity-like' category.
I see your point though. Also I hadn't noticed that there is already A Life Time Achievement award which is basically the same thing I was putting forward.
last edited 一年多以前
Nominations are now Open!
一年多以前 Cammie said…
smile
Cool BUT can you tell me where to go, hoochy???
The Nominations forum.
一年多以前 nandacavalieri said…
I don't know if it is too late, but we have best comments in a forum, but not the best forum...
Best forum can be nominated as best series of comments.
一年多以前 nandacavalieri said…
Ok, thanks :D
一年多以前 richie160004 said…
can you add.
"best pending spot of television"
"best pending spot of music"
"best pending spot of celebrities"
"best pending spot of (whatever)"
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
hmmm
Help! I know the Fanpoppies and creeping up fast, and I don't want to miss out on getting my votes in. Having as evil of a computer as I do, that could easily happen, so I'd like to plan for a possible library trip.

I don't know if I just haven't found it yet, or if the specifics haven't been given, so I've got a few questions...
(my apologies if this has already been answered)

What is the cutoff (date, time, and time zone) for making nominations?

Once the voting opens, who do we send our votes to?

When does the voting officially begin and end (date, time, and time zone)?
The cutoff is the 19th of February, midnight GMT (which is also Fanpop time), the votes will be sent to me, blisslikethis and dazl and I originally had it beginning once the article announcing nominees is added and ending midnight the next day, but I have been wondering about this, I think that more time might be needed somewhere, mainly for the judges' sake (I don't know about the others but I may not be on Fanpop until a bit the fairly late evening, plus there would be a whole lot of messages in our inboxes, and Bliss is in a different timezone so things might be even harder for her).

Now thinking about it, I may well just keep the dates the same but you should probably expect a later announcement of the results (also, I won't be picky about the results, as long as you can get them in beofre the judge sends them off. But you will be guaranteed that before midnight. Well, actually, it would make more sense if it was the 24 hours from when the soapbox was added, regardless of time)

So that's...

What is the cutoff (date, time, and time zone) for making nominations? February 19th at midnight,GMT (Fanpop time).

Once the voting opens, who do we send our votes to? Dazl, Blisslikethis and me, different awards will be sent to different people, I will tell you who soon.

When does the voting officially begin and end (date, time, and time zone)? Once the soapbox is posted for 24 hours.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
smile
Thanks, hooch! That helps a lot. :)
Thank you also - to you, Dazl, and blisslikethis for all the time and effort that the three of you are putting into this.
It's always fun to see how things turn out, and by looking at who's nominated what or who, I've also found some other cool things and spots that I wasn't aware of, and more that I want to take a look at when I get the time. No matter who wins, this is just another bonus to the whole event.
一年多以前 Cinders said…
I would like to propose that next year we have the "Unanswerable Question" award, for an answers question that, well, no one can figure out the answer to.

I ask because I have a nomination or two in mind. It's like the unsolved mysteries. Also, it will give the noms more publicity, and who knows, maybe someone will know the answer to the question!
一年多以前 harold said…
Having a bunch of questions without answers, I love the idea. Anything to figure out how to dig that French drain!!
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Cammie said…
laugh
Awww, Harold, no one has helped you with your French drain query? You posted that question eons ago.
Maybe it's time to hit the Yellow Pages, buddy!
一年多以前 Paramore-CSI said…
yup i did im a fan LOL