超能英雄 of Olympus RP Club Arik in the Pitt (Fan-fic)

Spikegilfer1997 posted on May 09, 2013 at 08:19PM
Based upon NicoL's fusion of Rick Riordan's world of demigods and Bethesda's fallout 3 DLC "The Pitt"

"So this is the one?"

"Yep Felix Smith's personal lap dog, to replace the last one he lost sixteen years ago. He's the second severer, Arisutea Akira Takahashi. Don't let the pretty boy good looks fool you though, he's been pulled and put back together like a four-year-old's Lego creation thousands of times. The magical X-man is even less human then those other slaves. The only one who regularly resides in the courtyard with a face like that, trust me, he's a mutant among mutants." A long whistle went out.

"He must have cost a pretty penny to make." There was a small chuckle.

"Rumor has it he was an S-ranked specimen even before they started to chop him up." There was a chuckle again. "Anyways mutt, we're supposed to deliver this to you." A metallic object fell down before my eyes from my kneeling position. I'd already analyzed it before it hit the ground, even had my eyes been closed I could have told what it was simply by the wave it put in the air. A morning star clanked twice against the gate to the arena, it was a medieval type of affair. The guards spoke from above, I didn't give the respect to even look so I couldn't tell you what they looked like. They sounded like simpleton's so I assumed they weren't worth the glance. The restraints that bound my powers popped off and I stood up and rubbed my wrists to restore blood flow. I heard the guards push off railing and walk away to do other nice things like bet the old and mutilate the weak. I picked up the mace with resentment, I have always hated heavy weapons. An announcer came on the loud speaker with a voice filled with charisma and enthusiasm, at least someone was having fun.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to the arena! Today we have a special match, returning dominatrix versus newborn super mutated whelp. That is correct! This match will have the second severer facing of against a new creation, a fusion of filth! Now, lower the gates!" As he said the gates lowered, lights and the cheers of people washed over me as I walked forward out of the den. Across from me was some miniature minotaur clad in spiked armor with fleshy clawed hands and drooling acid. "How will this demigod defeat such a foe? Using a weapon he is unfamiliar with and possessing no real armor how will he survive? Jeans and a t-shirt? It shall be an interesting match! Proctor! Give the signal!"

Apart from the floor the arena was nearly circular with viewers being on rafters in the upper levels, at the top of this there was a little dome where the announcers watched the battle on screens. At the bottom of the dome was a hole were a single rock was dropped when it hit the ground the fight was on. Everyone became quiet and there was an eerie silence the proctor would generally wait a bit to let everyone's tension build. The overwhelming feeling of being watched but the silence made the place feel like an ancient tomb for a clan of tenacious spirits, in a way I guess it was. All the eyes gathered on the point of the domes hole, my mind began to analyze little things. I had a regular heartbeat, the drool of the monster was steaming on the ground, it was looking up as well. It was at that point it occurred to me this wasn't some test tube beast, it had once been a gladiator just like me. It leveled it's head and made eye-contact I shifted uncomfortably, there was a good chance I had seen this person on the other side of their transformation. I was going through a mental list of people it could be when something between us caught my eye.

A thud echoed though out the arena.
last edited on May 09, 2013 at 08:21PM

超能英雄 of Olympus RP Club 17 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 Rogue475 said…
(Why didn't you just make an Article?, what was the point of making a whole forum (unless its a story...)
一年多以前 Spikegilfer1997 said…
Multi-chapter, out of habit anything that isn't a one-shot is a forum. :(
一年多以前 Rogue475 said…
Whatever, there is a first for everything in this Club
Any valid criticisms? Or just your preference?
一年多以前 Rogue475 said…
This club hasn't had any forums about one character, its not like in the other HoO club, this is an RP club. most personal stories are either revieled in RP or in Articles.
The thing is this isn't really that significant. I don't see a problem with it being the first or last of it's kind, not really like a "Super long character sheet" or whatever it has been named. More or less it's a time sink.
I'm confused as to the lack of commentary on the actual writing rather then its difference from the status quo
一年多以前 Rogue475 said…
Because its legit, I simply don't understand why you didn't just put it in an Article and edit it when posting a new chapter, then you could comment on it, to let people know to check it out.
*Remembered why I posted here as well, because the people most likely to show interest are Rper's*
Habitually, if Universalpowa has ever made me do anything it is post stories in the forum, if possible I'll change it. I'm not really attached to format seeing as it is just a collection of pixels. Although I can't seem to find something to remove the forum, I know there was one initially when I posted but it seems to have vanished.
一年多以前 Rogue475 said…
Haha, Universal sounds like a real Character...
I'd say Phoenix is superior, Uni is still pretty good though.
一年多以前 Rogue475 said…
Yeah Pheonix is awsome.
Essentially whenever Uni rage quits the fanpops I think "Yeah, that's nice, I still have Phoenix to deal with." It got to the point where she would snap if I dared have a different opinion, doesn't come on so much anymore. Phoenix is studying...... If I wanted to conquer that club I could right now.....
Chapter 2

All of that as probably supposed to make me hesitant. Two problems with that theory. One was that as a legacy of Athena I knew better then to do such, the second problem as children of Nemesis like to get even. I decided to burn a lot of energy to end the battle quickly. I armed my self a lightning aura around me and the mace I had for a weapon, when in close this sends of little tendrils of electricity that enemy slow reaction time. It also enhanced your reaction time significantly if you could use it, the mutants acid spit was sent flying into the air as if propelled by the lightning. Within three seconds we had closed a fifty foot gap. I gripped the mace with both hands and delivered a power strike to its head which split into chunks. I turned away from the corpse and walked back to where I had entered.

Of course things didn't pan out quite that smoothly.

I spun around and caught a volley of acid spit with my weapon and tossed it away, droplets of the stuff flew off and landed on the beast eyes, it made a squealing noise. The creature now had to heads, clearly hydra DNA so there was one way to deal with that.

"Pyrokinesis: Dragon soul flare." I conjured a massive torrent of fire right at the thing. I had to squint to maintain vision only able to view the beasts silhouette.

A silhouette that did not move.

Enraged I retreated, probably not the best idea to keep hitting this thing with top level attacks. One finds themselves swiftly drained of energy if the continually pursue such a course of action. "Aerokinesis: Twisted ascension." I ascended on twisting winds as the name would suggest, followed by creating a pillar of earth on the wall and then I perched on it.

I should probably talk about the wording and what not, huh? Basically it works like this, you name the type of move in Greek, (I.E Lightning equals electro) and then kinesis which means energy. Saying it aloud is optional but it personally helps me focus at times and put more power into the thought so I tend to. I perched on the tip of pillar and watched the beast pace while it stared angrily. I decided it was time to use the rest of my powers. This thing clearly had a dose of Cyclops so I couldn't sit perched above it tossing fireballs all day.

I had control of lightning, fire, water, earth, air and could create fusions of these albeit at a significant cost to my energy reserves. In addition I could manipulate light and dark to various forms, nullify energy as every Takahashi warrior could. Finally I had great speed and above average strength, below average in this slave pit perhaps but enough, It's not like I fight with a brawny style anyways. As godly as all that sounds it is not really that amazing, comparatively speaking. Even if you can learn all these elemental skills and what not somebody with a purer bloodline for such things will surpass you. A child of Poseidon will always have a tyrannical control of water, never go strength against strength with them if you can help it.

Back on topic. If I had illusionary skills things would've gone so much smoother, sadly my magical skills were almost entirely combat orientated. I was puzzled for a few moments admittedly, this thing was hydra based but immune to the hydra's primary weakness: fire. The first alternative to fire is lightning but I couldn't build up enough energy to blast the thing into tiny enough pieces to stop the healing factor from taking effect. I just didn't possess something that could deal area of effect damage as well as fire that wasn't fire. Other then my combat skills I had medical knowledge, tracking, the ability to sense people through vibrations in the ground and stealth. Smith said I was supposed to be some kind of supernatural shadow to hunt, retrieve and kill his enemies, once he got the correct paperwork of course.

Click.

Amazing how my mind can go off-track like that and suddenly a solution appears. I dropped down and the beast looked at me in disbelief before we charged at each other. The creature put its leathery claws on its shoulders, preparing for a sweeping attack, I charged electricity in my hands. It came down to milliseconds. Everything slowed down as I ducked under the swipes. I angled my body as if sliding to a base, with another moment the beast loomed over me. My mind was hyped to the point where I was counting me accelerated heart beats like seconds. I slapped my electrically charged hands into both of the heads, the beast convulsed with surprising speed, I released a wave of air and the beast soared over my head as a skid to a stop. Time seemed to resume its normal speed as I whipped around to view the flying cow. By the time I'd whipped my head around it was visible through small pillars of steam. I drew a circle in the earth with my finger, the earth obliged forming a trap-hole where the mutant would've landed. It feel down and I slowly got to my feet, the crowd was silent as I walked over to the hole and looked down. Everything had gone just as planned, I had won.

Explanation needed? Well as I'd mentioned before I knew my stuff about medicine, so a part of that is anatomy. So with my lightning I could short circuit the beast causing certain reactions to take place. So that was nice, what reaction did I need? One that would create a substance like fire that relied on no thermal energy. I'd already figured out I possessed nothing like that, sure water could cover the area I needed but it couldn't eat away at the creature, that made it worthless in effect. With Greek fire where to be seen what would I use? Then it occurred to me. I had nothing that would do the trick, but the beast had acid. From the beginning of our encounter I had confirmed that it could damage the beast, the droplets from my mace had proven that much. So that is why I did the short circuiting, to cause the beast to release an enormous amount of this substance. In this way the double heads were a blessing, double the confusion, double the acid. In the hole it would surround the beast. As I walked to the hole the vapor and squealing confirmed it. The creature clearly wasn't as hardy on the outside as it was on the inside. I looked down as it violently vomit the glowing green substance as a high pinch hiss reached up and climbed into my ears. The acid was doing the trick but it was melt the ground away as much as the mutant, at this rate something would survive. The acid was an aquatic substance so I had rough control of it. I lifted up and smothered what was once a demigod like myself in it, the fight had become an execution. A few of the organs survived the acid, perhaps the original location of the substance? I finished those with lightning charges, the blast sound echoing throughout the silent arena, the job was done.

Time is not a concept a fighter understands to well. Every moment in a fight is a lifetime in the real world, every second holds a depth to it that's quantity is unmatched anywhere else. My fight with the mutant may have only lasted a minute but the memory endures, a legacy passed down from combatant to combatant but is ultimately lost, ironically, to time as death at the end of mortal journeys. As a warrior I carry these histories from this day until my last day, the only thing a man can hope for when he faces to god of death is "Not today"
Chapter 3 (Moderate wait edition)

After I left the arena I was ordered to my "Masters" quarters. It's essentially a Mayan ruin with a stone house at the top, heavily furnished however. Guards, droids, force-fields, you name it and it was there. Unless you name fire-breathing turtles, Smith hates turtles. I climbed the steps with the buzz of a thousand defenders of this pathetic wretch ringing in my ear, Smith could quite easily make them entirely silent be he likes to remind people of his authority. I swore by all the gods I would smash it into dust one day.

I entered the inner chamber to find Smith relaxing on a couch like some sort of emperor, smug satisfied grin intact from last time I saw him. Despite the nature of his soul which person with good perception could tell you is cesspit of sin his physical body wasn't as chubby and smug as you'd think. Slender, short blond hair and beard, brown eyes, about 5'10, slightly shorter then me, adorned in riches and a fine silk robe. I noted the smell of lavender in place of the industrial hellhole smell that thickened the air outside. I greeted with a my customary glare demonic hatred.

"Now, now, dog! Whatever seems to be the problem?" I said with almost believable concern and broad grin. "Oh, I see now!" He once again pulled a face of genuine emotion, the grin intact. "You want your cut of the profits! Wait just one moment!" He turned around and ever so carefully plucked a single grape of a vine. "There we go!" He tossed the grape at me, I attempted to grab and crush it in my hand, however the control collar around my neck prevent me from moving, the bands around my wrist prevented me from using any powers. As a result of these things the grape simply hit my immobile face. Smith made a face of shock.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry! Let me fetch you another one!" He plucked another one and proceeded to rub it on my face like I was a child. The positive thing about being immobile is that when you try to move your stress levels are peaked, so if you focus it all at one point. As a result of this...

"Ah, you bastard!" Smith raved as he stumbled back with my blood on his face, popping veins was painful but in certain aspects worth it. The stunt may have ended up costing me as I cracked "The mighty Felix Smith's" composure. Honestly a part of me preferred him this way, the other part knew better. He snarled savagely, "What if I gouged out those hateful black eyes?! What if I cut off your pretty black hair, or lit it on fire and shoved it down your mutt throat? Fire is starting to sound like a good idea!" He landed a flurry of kicks, knocking me to the floor as he went to retrieve a candle. "All that blood on your face, we had better cauterize the wound!" He lowered the candle to my face, dripping with hot wax, stinging my face. I let off these mad little cackles of joy. "My hands aren’t as stable as they could be honestly, with all the wine I've consumed. Certainly you won't mind, you have two eyes after all!" He madly raved and I was helpless to move. "Don't worry baseborn, I was merely joking! However the next time you see fit to mess with a true god then you will feel my wrath." He tossed away the candle and assumed a composed face.

"Get up and get out, you will not retire to those nice chambers I had built specifically for you. A dog must be disciplined if it is to respect its master after all! You," He pointed to a guard. "Phillips, right? Throw him down the stairs, then pick him up and find some more stairs! Once you've done this bring him to Rubbletown with the regular filth. Surely because of his reputation they'll rip him apart, stop them over so slightly before this, I like him useful." I struggled to get free as a couple more guards came in and grabbed my arms and legs and hauled me outside, I only succeeded in bloodying myself. Felix despite all his posturing wouldn't actually kill me because I make him to much money from the gamblers. The regular demigods in Rubbletown however are bound to have built up unrivaled hatred for me after I've killed at least one person dear to everyone. It didn't matter how many guards there were, that many people with such a single-minded goal and nothing else to live for was a death sentence. Even if it was by force I rather doubt there would be mercy in their hearts.

"Alright, on the count of three!" Phillips said to the guard holding my legs as they swung my body like a hammock. "One." I swung out to the step stairs and back "Two." If I didn't get loose I was a dead man. "Three!" I flew over the stone, flying with a more permanent destination I thought as my panick levels sky rocketed and I thankfully fainted before hitting the rock.
Chapter 4 (I felt the cussing was necessary.)

My recollection became blurry until I regained full consciousness, a collection of images and yelling. The feel of cold dirt, yelling and the presence of somebody with an air of sturdiness are about all I remembered. I woke up in a surprisingly comfortable bed with a series of bandages covering wounds that seemed to light for the type of injury I surely would have sustained. Either it had been a while or I had been healed with vitakinesis. I sat up and despite some general aching I felt fine.

"Finally awake, boy?" A voice that sounded like it had gained wisdom through years of experience and had a slight Asian accent asked me. I drearily turned my head but didn't lift it to my left. I saw an old fellow with white hair, grey-brown burlap clothes and a well-kept katana. The sheath and hilt seemed to be bathed in a red and black aura but if you focused your sight it seemed to disappear. The refined nature of the weapon clashed completely with the haggardness of the mans clothes an appearance. He had the hilt across his lap with his left hand and was drinking with his right. "I'll take that as a yes. Let's get to the important matters, you owe me a debt."

"For what specifically?" My voice croaked.

"For your sake I was forced to threaten with my blade." He said with a matter-of-fact tone and a hint of a huff.

"Can you not take the posturing?" I asked curiously.

"No, boy." He snapped. "But a man does not draw his blade unless he intends to make use of it. I had to threaten people I would never harm for you, an brash thing to do."

"Had to." I noticed. "And what caused you to have to do this?"

"Logically you are more use to us alive then dead. Additionally you are my kinsmen." He stated.

"Who are we? In both contexts, I mean." I raised my eyebrows and sat up.

"You and I are Takahashi's. And as repayment for your life you will join our plans for escape."

"Alright then." I exhaled. "Seems legit. There is a problem in my phylactery. As long as they posses that vial of blood I'm more screwed then the average slave and their electric collar."

"Then we shall deal with that, shan't we?" He said surely. I noted he didn't seem particularly put off by the use of the word 'legit' in place of legitimate. "You needn't worry child, this isn't the first case we've had of this and they've yet to find out about the ones we've already destroyed." He let off a small smirk before taking a drink. "Now get dressed, you never know when you'll need the armor and we'll see to your weapons." He gestured to a pile of leathers n the corner. The old Takahashi then proceeded to gather a absolute plethora of canteens, and other such water containers, it took him around a couple dozen seconds to gather and equip them all even with their various harnesses. He moved the folds of the cloth tent and walked out into the sun as the dust danced in the air. At the end of the bed laid studded leather armor, a cloak and gloves, pretty much full live-action-role-play gear.

The moment I stepped out of the tent I felt a dagger come down at my head. I twisted to intercept the blow, forced into a limbo as figure loomed over me with a stiletto blade. Oh wait, that didn't really happen, I just collapsed from sudden exhaustion and decided to imagine something more exciting. Even so I felt the daggers of their gazes, a tension in the air, a barely restrained rage. Suddenly a scenario ran through my mind of this Takahashi being Smith's lapdog. I was surprised I hadn't thought of it sooner. I immediately became suspicious of my new equipment. I heard a chuckle at my back.

"Afraid are we?" The old man asked. I spun around and glare at him with narrowed eyes.

"Logically cautious." I said assuming a defensive stance.

"You needn't be, but it's good you are." The old man took a drink from a canteen. "Means you're not stupid."

"Gee, thanks. Being of 'not stupid' intelligence is a big goal of mine." Came my snide reply.

"An admirable goal." He agreed. "It is wise to trust no one even when you have cause to believe the opposite. You'll never be taken by surprise. Perhaps you are your fathers son after all."

"My father the severer?"

"Yes. How did yo-"

"I've been told I'm a legacy of Athena, he was a sun of Athena. My eyes are combination of black and grey, children of Athena have grey eyes, children of Nemesis have black eyes. Also my father was named Kirito, Kiri in Japanese means to cut. Cut, sever, it doesn't take a genius."

The old man narrowed his eyes and then opened them wide again with a look that I would like to believe meant he was impressed. "Yes, Kirito Itsuki Takahashi to be specific. If you're his sun then you'll prefer to fight with a weapon in both hands and have a disdain for shield and anything heavy."

"Indeed. I could just give you a list of the weapons I've grown comfortable with."

"I am perfectly aware of the weapons you think you're good with." He replied with a sigh.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Think?"

"And I see you've inherited his arrogance as well!" He delightfully said with a upward inflection. "Oh, this will be just like the old days."

"So you trained my father?" I queried.

"Indeed." He replied. "If I can bring a son of Athena's arrogance to heel then you should be swift work."

"Who are you?"

"A son of Poseidon and legacy of Ares who has endured the years. As for my name, you shall have to earn that. Head to the courtyard, I'll be along shortly." He ordered.

"So they'll just allow me free time? And the mutants will just mind their own business?" Because I thought the motto of the courtyard was "Come prepared"

"If you can't last the five minutes then you weren't worth saving in the first place."

"So much for kinship and all that, isn't that right last samurai?" I replied snidely.

"You also inherited your fathers sense of drama!" He sounded like he was on the verge of laughing with joy. "I should find something solid to hold onto before I trip over all this nostalgia."

"Aren't we hip?" I retorted as I turned my back to walk.

"Maybe you can put on a play for the children?" He mused. I sighed with a certain calmness. Either he wasn't spying or he was a very convincing liar.

How do I explain the courtyard? Well it is an industrial area like most everything in the Pitt, only this place had an above average number of mutants and recently had begun growing tree's. The only thing that actually made it significant was the amount of scrap metal there. Slaves generally got sent in as collectors for it, staying out of mutant stomachs away they could. Sometimes they even got to bring weapons in if the overseer felt generous. Anyways I reached a clearing that was more nature then rubble and decided to relax there. If you make me wait I'll make you work. So I sat there waiting letting my senses wander. Sure enough something had to disturb me. So from my relaxed perch on a tree branch I was forced to leap around like a monkey to avoid its falling. I became thankful of the gloves, it's kind of painful to hold onto loose bark with your bare hands. So then hanging from a branch I saw my opponent.

So imagine a spider. Wrong. Try again, this time make it the size of a fictional great-wolf. Better, but imagine how good it would be if you finished it. (Is good the right word?) Now it has blades for legs, the shape of long and narrow kitchen knives. The worst part? It could generate new body parts to extend those legs outward and that is what cut down my tree. Now I'm about to let you in on a little secret.

I fucking hate spiders.

And I mean really hate them. A normal one makes me go in a illogical panic and find some to murder it with. Of course I keep a loose grip on weapon of choice in case it does something treacherous. One can never be to sure. Simply describing this is heightening my sense of tension. I have to listen to music in between writing just to calm down. This is a normal sized spider..

So naturally the first thing I did when I saw it was scream, it hissed in return. The second thing I did was shoot fire at it, but gods was it fast. Out of the way and propelling through trees like a flash, I launched a stream of electricity in the area in front of me but it was gone again. The nightmare left me enough time to notice my trembling before flanking me from the right. Some of it's legs had extended to the side of the tree it had leaped from to attack me, allowing for a alteration of position in the air and still having half a dozen killing weapons ready, also webs. With these factors combined I didn't have enough time to attack and dodge. I fell head first from my branch, my limbs stiffened with terror I smashed into a few tree branches before the pain loosened me up enough to move. Fortunate timing since the bladed legs then descended like macabre puppet masters strings. I may have forgotten to mention the venom, or maybe I didn't see it up to this point because my mind had been to shocked for a fine analysis. In any case I could seem a purple liquid riding the edge of the blades, wherever it touched there was a vapor. I built up tension in the air and blasted away. Under normal circumstances I would have controlled the air for a graceful landing so I would have immediate mobility. That time I just narrowly avoided landing on my head and the additional momentum caused me to standup straight and crash into a tree behind me. The leather armor cushioned my impact slightly but it still stung. Speaking of the leather armor it made me feel like I was boiling even within those first moments. Maybe twenty seconds. Also I was hyperventilating.

Did I mention my hatred of spiders?

No room for a breather though A web was launched at me. Like a fully form net. I dodge rolled to the left and sprinted through the forest. I won't say I really thought at that point. Well actually that's untrue. I was at that state in my mind where words couldn't keep up to my mental functions. I'm sure if I had words I would have called myself some very rude names for staying on the ground where my mobility was not so much limited as less efficient. I certainly wanted to fight, or flee as efficiently as possible but I was to scatter-brained to coordinate anything. Frantic glances over the shoulder and blasting anything that might be remotely moving was keeping my alive but one thing came across clearly in my mind. I was tiring, quickly. At this rate I would be lucky if lucky to last the minute energy or technique wise. Undoubtedly I was functioning on a lot of habits and was becoming very predictable. Assuming this thing possessed intelligence I was running out of time on two clocks. I switched to flinging the earth rather then fire and shooting electricity. While a hit from the latter would do more critical damage it took more energy and I had given up on being to hit the thing in my state. Then something occurred to my horribly terrified mind.

Earth. Ground. Earth, leaving ground. Ground. Hole. Ground becomes hole. Hole. People can hide in holes.

Using my earth manipulation I could pick the ground up in large clumps, send more flying with the motion of moving my hands. It must have been some dust storm behind me as I abandoned any notions of aiming at the spider for more digging speed. Hissing grew behind me with each desperate claw at the earth. Eventually I became satisfied with the depth as the spider's legs clattered behind me. I grabbed one last clump and ignited it. Like a tiny meteor it flew and caught the spider in the face, stunning it. With an electric blast I sent it flying back into the tree's, not waiting to see the recovery I drew the earth over my head. I had escaped for the moment.
(If you've noticed it then yes, there is a reason.)