办公室 Just curious...

Shandiii posted on Oct 08, 2007 at 05:12AM
When Pam and Jim went up to Toby and asked if they needed to fill out a dating form, or whatever. Toby says they're only for "real relationships".
So I was curious if you think that Jim and Karen filled one out? And what about Ryan and Kelly?

办公室 15 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 nonames said…
prob not....
一年多以前 jlil02 said…
I think Toby likes Pam a lot and wants her for himself, as evidenced by several previous episodes. Toby is in denial about Pam and Jim's relationship. He doesn't want them to be in a serious relationship, so he has convinced himself there isn't one. That's why he says the form is only for "real relationships," and he wants to "wait and see what happens." He knows if it were in written black and white, it would be impossible to deny. That's my pop-psychology take, anyway. I look for there to be more Pam-Toby-Jim interaction in future episodes.
一年多以前 chel1395 said…
I'm sure Toby had Ryan and Kelly fill one out...just in case things went really sour and Kelly tried to file a harrassment suit against Ryan or something stupid like that :)

I'm assuming Karen and Jim filled one out, just because Karen seemed like the straight-lace type who would want to follow the rules.
一年多以前 absolutely_i_do said…
i agree that toby is just trying to deny it and hope it doesnt work out bc he likes pam . . . and i dont know about the others prob jim and karen... maybe they did it while at stamford. and i really dont think ryan would ever want to fill out something offical saying he and kelly were dating but idk.
一年多以前 Shandiii said…
jlil02; I know that... That's not what I was getting at.
I was just wondering if you thought other relationships had to. Because I can't see Ryan filling one out for Kelly. I would see Kelly wanting to though...
And I think it's weird that if Jim and Karen filled one out, Jim would have to go 'cancel' it or whatever and then ask to go make another one right afterwards. Haha. Well I guess he said they had been dating for a couple of months already, so it wouldn't be right afterwards...
一年多以前 ccarter219 said…
Jim and Karen didn't start dating until they got to Scranton...at which point they definitely had to fill out one because Jim is Karen's supervisor. I think Ryan and Kelly signed one because Ryan was still a temp when he and Kelly got together and he did whatever made him look like a team player.

What really seems out of character to me is the fact that Dwight and Angela did not sign one. Dwight is so by the Dunder-Mifflin-book that I'd think he would find a way to talk Angela into signing one even if they didn't want their relationship revealed.
一年多以前 krazykray said…
I've written this a lot, but..

..I really don't like Toby. Especially since he told the office about Jim and Pam with out talking to them first, then then refusing to give them the contract.
一年多以前 Shandiii said…
I don't like that Toby did that either.
I used to love Toby's character until he got really into Pam. It's kind of annoying. She didn't accept his duck, so he needs to realize he doesn't have a chance and move on.
一年多以前 petunia04 said…
Toby was such a douche! I can't believe they had him out Jim & Pam...I didn't think it would be him. I felt bad for him but not so much now!
一年多以前 ccarter219 said…
I was a Toby fan, too. But I really think he acted slimy; abusing his position and drawing up that memo, then announcing to everyone about Pam and Jim.
一年多以前 krazykray said…
To Shandiii, petunia04, ccarter:

THANK YOU!!
一年多以前 Shandiii said…
To krazykay:

You're welcome! Haha.
一年多以前 katiemariie said…
If you don't want any of your co-workers to know about your relationship then perhaps you shouldn't kiss your boyfriend at work when everyone's there and cameras are rolling.

As an HR rep, Toby had every right to draw up the memo and tell Michael. He shouldn't have announced it to the whole office though.

Toby may have acted "slimy" but so did Pam in "The Job" and Jim when he didn't tell Karen about Pam. Everyone does hurtful things out of love. I'm just a little sick of Jim and Pam getting a free ride all the time and anyone who gets in the way of the almighty JAM getting their head bitten off.
一年多以前 bstens said…
i agree, katiemariie, the office isn't just about the Jam relationship.
一年多以前 Shandiii said…
The show isn't just about JAM for me, though I do enjoy that part, they aren't even my favorite characters. You shouldn't assume things. I just don't like Toby's character, and it wasn't really his business.