办公室 Disappointed 'fans' already want this 显示 cancelled....

immisterkevin posted on Oct 07, 2007 at 05:03AM
That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I thought DMI, with the exception of two scenes, was very good. Everyone says the show is declining, want it cancelled before it gets worse blah blah blah. I mean, how quick are people to judge, you know? We're not writers or producers on the show so we have no idea what is in store for the future...

办公室 30 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 DwightHalpert said…
Hi,

Cancel the show? no way! It's still the best written comedy on TV nowadays.

But, I must admit there are a seems to be a few problems this season -
1. I thought DMI was good, not great - Sorry, but the gift basket scene at the end was a bit too much for me. And I'm willing to take a lot of "over the top" moments from Michael....
2. There is too much emphasis on inter-office relationships. This isn't "Ally Mcbeal", mind you.
3. Where are the Jim/Dwight pranks? some of those were simply the funniest scenes on TV.
4. Andy was one of the best things that happened on S3, and ever since he returned from anger management, it seems like they don't exactly know what to do with his character. I sorta miss "crazy Andy" - who knows, maybe he'll be singing "The Rainbow Connection" to Angela soon? (in Pig Latin, of course)
5. Positive point I: Thus far, it seems like it's gonna be Kevin's year, he was so funny on the first 2 episodes! Go Kevin!
6. Positive Point II: Creed Bratton. Enough said.

I still have a lot of faith in Greg Daniels and the team. And we're concerned 'cause we love this show.:-)
一年多以前 Earl-h said…
who said the office should be cancelled?
一年多以前 Shandiii said…
That's just ridiculous.
一年多以前 pencilcup said…
O come on! Episode 2 out of 30 and people jump to these drastic conclusions? Give it a little time and have a little faith.
Personally I thought both episodes were great.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 dodgeball_beast said…
Dummies. I loved 'em.
一年多以前 bstens said…
where did you find a review that said they should cancel the show? I havent seen any reviews of that nature.
一年多以前 emirc2363 said…
i am ashamed of anyone who even thought that the office should be canceled. i think season 4 just seems a little slow because it's still getting back into the swing of things, it's trying to answer all the questions from last season. it's going to get better, i'm sure. fun run was an excellent premiere, filling us in about most everything that happened in its 3 month absence. DMI was also a very good episode. yes, the michael scene at the end surprised me a little, it was very dramatic, but i thought it was another good episode. the office will pick up this season and will be another strong contender for the Best Comedy Emmy!!
一年多以前 krazykray said…
I completely agree with DwightHalpert.

Excluding number one.
一年多以前 nonames said…
bring back the dwight/jim pranks!!
一年多以前 chel1395 said…
Let me get this straight. People want to cancel the brilliant and offbeat comedy of The Office but they are okay with dribble like Two and a Half Men or Rules of Engagement?? That's balanced. I don't care what those people say about The Office...I'm enjoying the new season and I just know it's going to get better. I do miss Jim pulling pranks, but if you look back to Season 3, there were several episodes where Jim didn't pull any pranks on Dwight. I'm sure the pranks will be back soon. :)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 kohniva said…
agreed. i feel like the pranks will be back with next episode now that they've kinda covered the ground they needed with the relationships. though, it's harder to pull pranks on dwight now that he's all sad about the whole break up.
一年多以前 bradlybob said…
Ah, but Jim doesn't know about the break-up yet. Now that PB&J is public maybe they will feel the need to prank someone. As far as the show being bad, well, I don't think it's bad, just different.
I laughed my butt off the first half of DMI and Fun Run too, but the second half hour just seems to lose something. Micheal hitting Meredith was brilliant writing. Micheal driving into a lake and then getting the gift basket back, not so good. The supersize episodes seem to be just right. I suppose the naysayers could easily change the channel and watch Greys Anatomy. I hear that George is getting ready to tell his wife he's cheating on her.
一年多以前 krazykray said…
Oh, but bradlybob, there is only one problem with your plan for the office haters.

What is it you ask?

I'll tell you. Grey's Anatomy sucks.

I would never wish that upon anyone. It's way too harsh of a punishment.
一年多以前 CharmedAngel88 said…
Krazykray has a point, Grey's Anatomy sucks. But anyway... I've seen some posts on IMDB by fans who are telling everyone to "face the music" and accept that The Office is going downhill. I'm just wondering how they can come to this conclusion so quickly when there have only been two episodes this season. They have to give it some time, the writers know what they're doing.
一年多以前 HouseFreak said…
that is pathetic. truly pathetic.

First, IMO it only keeps getting bettr.
Second, people are so quick to hang shows, so you didnt think the first episodes were 'great', suck it up and watch some more (a season) and then, make your stupid complaint... *sigh*
一年多以前 ccarter219 said…
I think things will get better when the supersize episodes are over. They seem to be filling in the extra time with a lot of fluff that isn't funny.

I have to say, Michael insisting on following the GPS when he is clearly in front of a lake was hilarious...recovering the gift basket; not so much. Hey, but here's my prediction; even though Michael and Dwight made spectacles of themselves recovering that basket, I believe that company will come back to DF because of the Emily almond allergy comment...and that sale-recovery will humble Ryan...at least when it comes to Michael.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 absolutely_i_do said…
first i agree that one hour maybe just a bit too long... and im sure all those office fans out there were over excited for the premiere which made it fall a bit short ( it wasnt their best work). I did really enjoy dmi though... maybe the gift basket scene was over the top but there was some quality stuff in there so dont go counting the office out yet.
一年多以前 krazykray said…
Exactly, CharmedAngel88.

It's the same writes as every other season.
一年多以前 petunia04 said…
okay, so the one hour episodes that EVERYONE wanted are more like dramedies, soon it will go back to 1/2 hr episodes & the fun office antics will be back. I didn't really like the first few episodes of season 3 - I do now that I've watched them a few times, but they were different & took some getting used to - just like this season. By mid-season last year the show had hit its stride & we saw some of the best episodes. It's all about balancing the tried & true methods with something a bit different. Come on people...give it a chance!
一年多以前 cycle-of-menace said…
No, the hour-long episodes aren't great. They have so much time that they can add a ton of little moments that really aren't necesarry. Hour longs should be saved for when they actually have content to fill it up with. But seriously...This is the second episode of the season people! They have to give it time. I extremely disliked a LOT of S3 episodes, but now I love them. And about people not liking how Pam and Jim are acting...come on! They're in new-couple ectasy right now, something they definitly deserve. I doubt they've talked about anything serious regarding their relationship and they just want to enjoy the fact that they're finally together for the time being. Plus, Jim never pranked Dwight in every episode! And the gift basket scene may have been over the top...but its Michael! What about when he was on the room about to "commit suicide"? Or when he completly flipped when Toby said he saw a bird die? Or when Phyllis cut in the pretzel line? He's just over the top and very....passionate!
一年多以前 bradlybob said…
Agreed, the hour long episodes seem to lose something in the last 15 min or so. The supersize episodes with about 30 mins of show and 10 min of commercials seem about just right. I guess the hour long episodes have close to 45 min of show so it's that last 15 of time they're having trouble filling.
一年多以前 absolutely_i_do said…
wait wait wait . . . these people say the office is going down and therefore will just switch over to greys, have they actually watched any greys this season (or for that matter last)?

i am a fan of greys season one and some of 2. . . but ever since meredith just about died for 3 hours and woke up looking absolutely normal!!! i've been turned off... not to mention the premiere when i saw izzy trying to bring back a horrible looking deer...

but they're right its the office thats going down.
一年多以前 petunia04 said…
I'm with you cycle-of menace. As for fans switching to Grey's..doesn't anyone have time shifting?! I watch both! I watch one at 9pm and the other at 10pm...time shifting rocks! Come on ya'll it's just the beginning of the season..and yes, Michael's antics are ALWAYS over the top...he is quite socially inept & his actions are usually inappropriate...that's what makes him so funny.
一年多以前 Familygal925 said…
let's just settle it--->the office should not be cancelled bc its the best show on television. The end.
一年多以前 cycle-of-menace said…
Amen!
一年多以前 papa said…
I'm only halfway through the last episode (I just haven't had time to finish it) and I've laughed out loud several times. I'm not leaving! It's still funny!
一年多以前 mrppibb1692 said…
People who would rather switch over to Grey's Anatomy than watch the full episode of the office is only a fair-weather fan. real fans watch it in it's entirety and if necessary watch it over to rewatch what they may have missed or to truly appreciate it. In S3, watching it on DVD i came to appreciate it more even though i wasn't a big fan b/c it was different. this season is different and all it needs is its appreciation. give it time and it'll return to it's true essence which is jim and pam pranking on dwight, cute little jam moments and michael being the goofy moron that he is....give it time is all i have to say....
一年多以前 marissa said…
i loved DMI!

it makes my soul bleed thinking people want it cancelled :(
一年多以前 chantal89 said…
i think the first couple of episodes were perfection. plus i think that in the case of the office, several viewings are required in order to truly appreciate it. also...if you're switching over mis-episode then clearly you are not as big a fan as most of us. pffft....cancel the office... i spit in the face of whoever started that rumour.
(p.s. that wasn't slander for anyone who thinks i'm bashing just...i have a soft spot for the show)
一年多以前 JF5583 said…
oh PLEASE people just like to complain. it happens with every show.