X-Men Uniform 设计 Contest: 万圣节前夕 Group Costume

Alycat4848 posted on Aug 19, 2011 at 05:15PM
I was thinking about this last night ad I have decided to start up a X-Men uniform design contest. You design a costume using any doll maker, drawings, photoshop or whatever you want to use based on a certain subject.

Like the icon contest the winner of each round will pick the next subject. It can be design for a certain character, a certain team, or whatever

You have five days to enter your costume then there will be two days of voting so that there should be a new contest each week.

Judge on the design not how well it was drawn. I know that I draw worse that a panda on Ritalin but I might still have a good design.

I can't really think of any more rules so I'll shut up now. The first subject is design an X-Men costume for yourself. You may specify parts of the costume are for your powers or whatever else you feel is necessary. Good luck and have fun!
P.S After reading these panels I had to change it from costume design to uniform design. Otherwise Wolvy might have been mad

Frequently used Doll Maker Links:
link
link

First Round: Your Own X Men Uniform: Winner {Alycat4848}
Second Round: Your own Phoenix Uniform: Winner {Alycat4848}
Third Round: If Emma Frost was Modest: Winner {Alycat4848}
Fourth Round: Child of your Favorite Couple: Winner {FudgeCakesP}
Fifth Round: Feminize Magneto: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Sixth Round: Makeover Rachel Grey: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Seventh Round: Redesign the Hellions: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Eighth Round: X Men Cheerleaders: Winner {Alycat4848}
Ninth Round: Villain Mash: Winner {FudgeCakesP}
Tenth Round: Redesign Storm: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Eleventh Round:Redesign Standard Uniforms: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Twelfth Round: Redesign Gambit: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Thirteenth Round: Holiday Uniforms: Winner {Alycat4848}
Fourteenth Round: Your Evil Costume: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Fifteenth Round: Redesign Polaris: Winner {FudgeCakesP}
Sixteenth Round: Gender Swap: Winner {Alycat4848}
Seventeenth Round: Non X Men Fictional Character: Winner {FudgeCakesP}
Eighteenth Round: Avengers: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Nineteenth Round: Redesign Cyclops' Phoenix Five Uniform: Winner {Alycat4848}
Twentieth Round: Redesign Emma Frost's Phoenix Five Uniform: Winner{Alycat4848}
Twenty-First Round: Halloween Group Costumes: Winner
 I was thinking about this last night ad I have decided to start up a X-Men uniform 设计 contest. Yo
last edited on Sep 26, 2012 at 04:15AM

X-Men 205 回复

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 205

一年多以前 x-menobsessed26 said…
I wish I would have thought of that! I was going to work all day today on that article and get it finished, but now I need to try and remember everything I had done...which is impossible. I can't remember all of those metaphors and other literary devices I had been using. =P Oh well. Live and learn, I guess.
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Darn those literary devices! Oh well, everyone here will enjoy it no matter what.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Sorry I took so long to post this but I've been without internet on my laptop for a while and I can't post pictures on my iPod. I can totally relate with the needing to catch up thing. I'm trying to catch up slowly but surely. It sucks that you lost all your files but I'm sure you'll be able to write a good article anyways
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Our new round is open. This time you again have to design a costume for yourself but this is if you were a villain or went crazy and ate a star or have severe daddy issues or whatever your favorite villain story is.
I used a villain in one of my personal stories based off of an evil version of myself, so I thought I'd do a five-minute version of her costume. Black Rose is her name. Red and black are her base colors. I'll leave the powers up to imagination. I'd don't feel like spending a lot of time on this because I don't have the same programs on my father's computer as my dead personal one.
 I used a villain in one of my personal stories based off of an evil version of myself, so I thought I
一年多以前 buffyl0v3r44 said…
heart
It was kind of hard to work the dress up thing out, but I think if I use it more and more I'll get used to it... I made a couple, but I think this one looks the most like me! :)
 It was kind of hard to work the dress up thing out, but I think if I use it 更多 and 更多 I'll get us
一年多以前 buffyl0v3r44 said…
big smile
I was looking at some of your guys costumes from previous rounds, and I was wondering how you got the x-men symbols on them and all?!?!
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Usually I'll make a base doll on one of the doll makers listed (because I suck at drawing) then I'll put it in paint or some other photo editor and make the costume.
一年多以前 Alycat8484 said…
Well some how my real account got suspended so until and if that gets fixed I'll be using this one. I decided to make mine sort of parallel my old costumes in some ways but be the opposite in more ways such as the straight hair (because mine is hella curly), the high boots, and long fingerless gloves. I wanted it to look different but not out and out scream evil.
last edited 一年多以前
 Well some how my real account got suspended so until and if that gets fixed I'll be using this one. I
I like both of yours! I usually do my X-symbols in a paint program.
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Sorry this is so late!
 Sorry this is so late!
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
New round is open! This time we get to redesign a costume for everyone's favorite green haired mistress of magnetism Polaris!
Here is my entry into the Polaris contest (obviously).
 Here is my entry into the Polaris contest (obviously).
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Okay this isn't the best uniform I've made but it's the best I could do. I stole a lot of this from one of Lorna's X-Factor looks but I changed the color scheme and added some new elements. I really wanted to find a way to introduce purple back into her wardrobe so I went with a lightish blue/purple and an almost turquoise green. I thought about adding a cape of some type but I don't think it would work really well with this style of uniform. And I could not for the life of me get her heels right so I eventually gave up.
 Okay this isn't the best uniform I've made but it's the best I could do. I 偷了 a lot of this from o
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
So this is by no means my best, but here it is
last edited 一年多以前
 So this is 由 no means my best, but here it is
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Our new round is open and this time we get to give the character of our choice a gender swap!
Does this include villains?
Well, if villains aren't allowed, please let me know and I'll take my entry down and do a new one, but until that happens, I'm sticking with this one.

I don't know if you can tell, but I gender swapped Sabretooth. It was a little frightening before and during the process, but I managed. *cue sarcastic wiping of brow*
 Well, if villains aren't allowed, please let me know and I'll take my entry down and do a new one, bu
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Yes villains are allowed. Sad that saber tooth makes a better girl than a guy
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Ahhh Finally done! I decided to go with a female colossus. The metal was more of a pain than i originally anticipated.
 Ahhh Finally done! I decided to go with a female colossus. The metal was 更多 of a pain than i origin
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I wanted to tell you guys that my laptop is throwing a hissy fit so I'm not sure when I'll be able to post my entry or the pick. It hopefully should be soon
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
It's all good. We all know how much computer problems suck
Oh yes. Anyone who knows what a computer IS must know.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Yeah my computer and wifi weren't on speaking terms and my phone won't upload pictures to fanpop. Thankfully I'm at a hotel today so I was able to finish this. I decided to do Scarlet Witch because I thought it would be a challenging costume to make manly (which I'm not sure I accomplished).
 Yeah my computer and wifi weren't on speaking terms and my phone won't 上传 pictures to fanpop. Tha
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Our new round is open and the theme is to design a uniform for a non X-Men fictional character. This character doesn't have to have powers but it might be fun to speculate what powers they might have.
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Oooh This theme is awesome! Great choice
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I'm really excited to see who people choose
Just to clarify, this is a fictional character from anything other than X-men,
correct?
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Yes a fictional character from any non X Men media
Okay, somebody had to have seen this coming, and it's not very pretty.

This is my version of Hermione Granger (from 'Harry Potter') in an X-men uniform. I tried to keep it as much 'Hermione' as I could without it being too Hermione and I think I failed miserably. Regardless, here is my entry. When I think of Hermione, I think of practicality, so I tried to keep the uniform very much that. I added the barrette because I felt there wasn't enough X-men with just the belt.

Given that prior to her third year in school, her favorite subject was charms, she may be a telekinetic. Most telekinetic beginners use their hands to control objects, but I believe she would use her wand.

Also, I have no idea where the purple came from, but it looked better than the cream the sweater was originally (though it was a royal pain in the butt to change).
last edited 一年多以前
 Okay, somebody had to have seen this coming, and it's not very pretty. This is my version of Hermi
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I love the Hermione outfit. I could imagine her and Beast prattling non stop about mutations and such. I should have mine up tonight or tomorrow night hopefully.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Okay finally done. I was torn in the beginning between doing Jareth from Labyrinth (because he's so delightfully flamboyant) and Erik from The Phantom of the Opera (because he screams X Men so much I was surprised Mr. Sinister didn't show up at the end to get a DNA sample.) In the end I chose Erik because he'd make a great X Man. I tried to keep his style old fashioned and not too spandexy and made it subdued colors without being all black. A touch of red was added to really seem operatic. This took forever because I decided I wanted to do the deformed face also and not just use the mask and wig cop out. I tried to make it look like the book's description with a little help from Lon Chaney and the animated Phantom. I planned to make him thinner (walking corpse and all that) and I wanted to add a hat over his wig but I scrapped these ideas due to laziness and not being able to make it look right.
 Okay finally done. I was torn in the beginning between doing Jareth from Labyrinth (because he's so d
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
I think I went a little color happy. Anyway I have X-men-ized Katniss Everdeen: The Girl On Fire. Heavily playing on 'the girl on fire' thing. the only X-Men thing I gave her was I replaced the Mocking Jay pin with an X
 I think I went a little color happy. Anyway I have X-men-ized Katniss Everdeen: The Girl On Fire. Hea
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Our new round is open. This time we get to make an Avenger into an X Man.
Week #18 - Avengers become X-men

I spent all of two seconds deciding who to do before it became clear that Ms. Marvel would be my choice. I know she's been an ally of the X-men and obviously an Avenger, but I don't think she was ever officially an X-man. I've been fanatic about her for a couple of weeks, so it only made sense that I attempt her.

I decided that I was going to keep her iconic Ms. Marvel look with the swimsuit, sash, gloves, and boots, but I was going to make changes. Her boots and gloves are shorter, and I think her sash may be also, as well as being yellow instead of red.

I wanted to stick to the blue and gold generic color scheme of regular X-men uniforms. I LOVE the lightning bolt on her original costume, so instead of one, I used two and tried to make an 'X' out of them...it didn't work too well. Besides that there is also a yellow 'X' on her mask and one of each of her boots.

Not my best work, but it could have been much, MUCH worse. I can't wait to see who you all chose to do.
 Week #18 - Avengers become X-men I spent all of two 秒 deciding who to do before it became cl
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
My biggest problem with this was deciding who to use. I mean Hawkeye would be cool but so would Antman and what about Mockingbird? In the end I decided to go with none of those and instead chose Finesse of the Avengers Academy. I changed her color scheme a little by using a dark blue instead of black because it tied in with the X Men a bit better and I also liked the look better. I also redistributed the white/light gray a bit. She needed somewhere to store her billy clubs so I added some holsters held up by a belt with an X buckle and used a little X as her zipper.
 My biggest problem with this was deciding who to use. I mean Hawkeye would be cool but so would Antma
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Our new round has opened. This time we are going to redesign Cyclops' Phoenix Five uniform
I'm not happy AT ALL with my redesign this week, but DAMN if I didn't try my hardest. I thought about how I was going to tackle it until I thought my brain would explode. All considered though, I do think it looks better than his Phoenix Five uniform, which pretty much sucked...all of them did in my opinion.

Anyway, since Cyclops has been such a douche in recent comics, I thought he could work the Dark Phoenix colors for me. I based his design off of the same costume worn by his deceased second wife, with a few modifications.
 I'm not happy AT ALL with my redesign this week, but DAMN if I didn't try my hardest. I thought about
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Scott has such boring costumes so it's hard to make him one. I tried to make this like the classic Phoenix uniforms but also with the more stylistic like what I think the artists were going for with the Phoenix Five costumes. I did blue and yellow because nothing is more Scott like than blue and yellow. The belt design was stolen from the current X Factor uniforms because I wanted to find a way to hint at the draped sash without actually giving him one. I also made his chest Phoenix a little more stylized and kept his hair uncovered in classic Phoenix fashion
 Scott has such boring costumes so it's hard to make him one. I tried to make this like the classic Ph
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
New Round is open! Continuing on our Phoenix Five theme we are redesigning Emma Frost's Phoenix Five uniform
YAY! Week #20 is here!

Unfortunately, the nay this week, is I hate my design this week. I have no idea what I was thinking when I thought of it, but I guess we'll see what people think of it...if anyone decides to vote on the polls.

Somehow, I think this is going to stay my theme for the Phoenix Five, but I decided to keep the Dark Phoenix color scheme going (maybe if only to have Cyke and Emma match?) because that's the general mood I'm getting from them. Instead of doing a reprint of Jean's uniform like I did for Cyke last week, I chose to use hers as a base and change it from there.

I liked how Emma's uniform had the shoulders for the Phoenix wings so I kept that. Other than that, not much else is the same. Contrary to popular belief, Emma does wear actual pants once in a while, so I went with that. I took the gloves, boots, and sash from the original Dark Phoenix uniform.

I also switched where the colors were used. In the original, the gloves, boots, sash, and phoenix symbol were gold while the body was red. I switched it up to keep the feeling of Emma and Jean being two different people.
 YAY! Week #20 is here! Unfortunately, the nay this week, is I hate my 设计 this week. I have no
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Damn I am SLOW! Well I finally got Emma's done. I decided to go with her traditional white color scheme and I used silver (I suck at metallic) instead of gold to make it match Emma's general color scheme better. I really based this off her current non Phoenix uniform so she has white pants and her mid drift (huge pain by the way considering I had already colored over it when I decided to show her belly) and cleavage showing. I made it Phoenixy by giving her the long opera gloves but cut off the fingers to make it more unique. Also I made her "choker" more symbolic and Phoenix like by having it actually be part of her top. Couldn't resist the classic Phoenix sash and lack of cape.
 Damn I am SLOW! Well I finally got Emma's done. I decided to go with her traditional white color sche
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Okay I hate to break up the Phoenix Five Fest but with Halloween coming up I couldn't resist doing this theme. This time we get to make Halloween group costumes (2 or more characters). I know I'm asking a lot but I think this theme will be fun.
I'm a little confused as to what you're asking for. Do we make two different costumes or the same costume on two different people? I know I probably sound stupid, but I just woke up so...
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Don't worry about it. When I reread my post I thought of like ten different ways to describe it better. What I'm looking for is for at least two X Men in different but related costumes. Like Scott as Harry Potter and Jean as Ginny. Or Cable as Jean Valjean, Bishop as Javert, and Hope as Cosette. As if they actually planned costumes together. I can give more examples if needed because the ones I gave aren't great.
I'm actually ashamed at how long it has taken me to respond to this, but looking through old forum topics I'd forgotten about since I'm an insomniac and tonight was no different, I found this and decided to try to do it. I hope I did it right. Please tell me if I did or didn't.

This is Jean and Scott as Catwoman and Batman from 'The Dark Knight Rises'. I'm sad to say how much the DC vs Marvel things amused me. I can't blame you if you want to discontinue this forum, but I thought I'd still post what I was supposed to 10 months ago.
 I'm actually ashamed at how long it has taken me to respond to this, but looking through old 论坛 to
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
No I'm glad you brought it back because I had really forgotten about it myself. I'll get mine posted this week and hopefully have the poll up before Friday. I like the Marvel/DC aspect. It reminds me of Guido's girlfriend who tried out for the role of Catwoman in Batman Returns.
I'm excited to see what you do!
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Don't worry I haven't forgotten! School started for me this week and I'm going to be working there too so I'm going to be even slower than I have been lately. But I should have this whole weekend to do stuff at least before the job starts so I hope to be productive.
Don't worry about it! I'm in the same boat. School for me doesn't start until Monday, but our three day, all day orientation started yesterday and I'm exhausted already. I hope everything goes well for you though! :)