X-Men Uniform 设计 Contest: 万圣节前夕 Group Costume

Alycat4848 posted on Aug 19, 2011 at 05:15PM
I was thinking about this last night ad I have decided to start up a X-Men uniform design contest. You design a costume using any doll maker, drawings, photoshop or whatever you want to use based on a certain subject.

Like the icon contest the winner of each round will pick the next subject. It can be design for a certain character, a certain team, or whatever

You have five days to enter your costume then there will be two days of voting so that there should be a new contest each week.

Judge on the design not how well it was drawn. I know that I draw worse that a panda on Ritalin but I might still have a good design.

I can't really think of any more rules so I'll shut up now. The first subject is design an X-Men costume for yourself. You may specify parts of the costume are for your powers or whatever else you feel is necessary. Good luck and have fun!
P.S After reading these panels I had to change it from costume design to uniform design. Otherwise Wolvy might have been mad

Frequently used Doll Maker Links:
link
link

First Round: Your Own X Men Uniform: Winner {Alycat4848}
Second Round: Your own Phoenix Uniform: Winner {Alycat4848}
Third Round: If Emma Frost was Modest: Winner {Alycat4848}
Fourth Round: Child of your Favorite Couple: Winner {FudgeCakesP}
Fifth Round: Feminize Magneto: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Sixth Round: Makeover Rachel Grey: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Seventh Round: Redesign the Hellions: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Eighth Round: X Men Cheerleaders: Winner {Alycat4848}
Ninth Round: Villain Mash: Winner {FudgeCakesP}
Tenth Round: Redesign Storm: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Eleventh Round:Redesign Standard Uniforms: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Twelfth Round: Redesign Gambit: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Thirteenth Round: Holiday Uniforms: Winner {Alycat4848}
Fourteenth Round: Your Evil Costume: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Fifteenth Round: Redesign Polaris: Winner {FudgeCakesP}
Sixteenth Round: Gender Swap: Winner {Alycat4848}
Seventeenth Round: Non X Men Fictional Character: Winner {FudgeCakesP}
Eighteenth Round: Avengers: Winner {x-menobsessed26}
Nineteenth Round: Redesign Cyclops' Phoenix Five Uniform: Winner {Alycat4848}
Twentieth Round: Redesign Emma Frost's Phoenix Five Uniform: Winner{Alycat4848}
Twenty-First Round: Halloween Group Costumes: Winner
 I was thinking about this last night ad I have decided to start up a X-Men uniform 设计 contest. Yo
last edited on Sep 26, 2012 at 04:15AM

X-Men 205 回复

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 205

一年多以前 x-menobsessed26 said…
I'm in. I'll post my uniform after I get it done. I'm working on it as we speak, but it's, well, kind of difficult.
I'm sorry. It ended up getting shrunk in size, so I'll say what it says and add a little more so it will make sense.

I took a look at Jean's Grey's uniforms and decided that was going to be my inspiration. I used the color sceme, glove length, and sash idea from Dark Phoenix. The glove design I got from Marvel Girl. The neck line allows for breathing room, and it isn't low at all. As for the gloves, please pretend the circles at the end are clenched fists or something. My powers went designing this were actually telepathy and / or telekinesis. The body suit has energy converters entwined in the material so heat and light can be transfered into energy that I can use to intensify my powers. The whole suit is waterproof and radiation resistant. The boots come to just below the knee and are high heeled.

The mask has a personal magnetic bond with my DNA signature, meaning it stays on by an invisible tape to my facial DNA. When I use my powers in excess, the star will glow. It also has night vision, infrared detection, a camera, video camera, recorder, and a mini cerebro.

The star is also a communicator to my fellow X-men. The X is on the sash and stores a mini grapling hook and wire inside for when my telekinesis doesn't work. Great for spying.

If anyone can think of a codename for me to match this uniform then please, feel free to tell me.

P.S. I'm not really bald. I just forgot to add my hair after I made the uniform. ='(
last edited 一年多以前
 I'm sorry. It ended up getting shrunk in size, so I'll say what it says and add a little 更多 so it w
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
smile
I'm glad someone explained how those masks stay on
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I know I'm a big cheater pants for using a doll maker but I did have to make the costume from scratch. The doll was just an outline. No I probably do not look this good but I do have curly brown hair,and green eyes and that's about as far as you can customize this. But if I was a superhero my hair would be up in a pony tail or something to keep it out of my face but they didn't have a lot of good up styles. And yes I know the hands are messed up and she only has four fingers on one hand.

I too designed my costume for telepathy and telekinesis because I've always found those to be the most versatile and useful powers. I didn't really think of a lot of fancy gadgets for it but we'll say it's one of Moria's suits so it has temperature control and body armor and what not. The belt buckle can be used as a communication device or a tracking device in case of capture (can also be used by villains if they hack the computers or whatever so there's one flaw).

There are lots of small tools and supplies in the pouches (pocket knife, MREs, etc.) even though I mostly added them because I would go crazy without pockets. I got a lot of inspiration from Cable's old costumes. Like the V neck from his first X Men costume or the thigh straps from his costume after Cyclops died. Heck just the pouches in general. Also the color scheme is slightly from him even though I chose it more because I like blue and since blue and gold are X Men colors.
last edited 一年多以前
 I know I'm a big cheater pants for using a doll maker but I did have to make the costume from scratch
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
monkey
Oh and I got a suggestion for a code name for x-menobsessed26 and myself. I just looked up synonyms for telekinesis and telepathy. I was thinking Sensile (it apparently means telekinesis or something close) for myself, and maybe Premonition for x-menobsessed26
I wish I had a program like that, but I don't. I had to use the normal paint program that comes standard with every computer. I love yours! Very nice! I like all of the pockets. I should have added those, but I was thinking more...Phoenix-y than...X-men-y? Yours actually looks a lot like Shadowcat! Right on! Oh, and I like your codename suggestion! Right on!
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I used paint too I just used this doll maker
link
then colored over it. Yours does really look Phoenixy if that counts as a word
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Wow. This contest sounds awesome! I'll start working on one once I get some time.(I just started school the other day)
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Okay here's mine. I sketched it out real quick and then colored it on the computer. I figured I'd make my powers corresponding to something I'm good at (other than X-Men trivia) and that's sports.

The uniform is designed for a person with heightened agilty and speed. It is friction restant so it won't wear down after going at high speeds. The 'X' on the belt serves as a communicator. I couldn't think of too many little gadgets to add so I kept it simple.

I took inspiration from athletic gear for the top and then added boots (let's pretend high heels are easy are run in) and some gloves to go with it while sticking to the X-Men color scheme. I was much to lazy to even attempt to draw a body, so just imagine some inside the uniform.
last edited 一年多以前
 Okay here's mine. I sketched it out real quick and then colored it on the computer. I figured I'd mak
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Invisible Woman is wearing it. All of these costumes are looking good
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Sorry, Uniforms. Wolvy gives me death stares if I say costumes
I love it! I can already tell I'm not going to get any votes with this one. I can see the criticisms now: It's too much like Phoenix! It's too red! What's with the random stripe?

I love both of yours. X-men color scheme and very practical. Nice!
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
But that's the great thing about the X Men is that you don't have to conform the the color scheme. Rogue doesn't, Gambit doesn't, Jean usually doesn't, Emma doesn't. Even though it does make it hard to tell who's side they're on
My sister and I were just talking about that today! I was talking about where the X-symbol was on my uniform and she asked me if the Brotherhood had a symbol. I told her that they didn't. She asked why and I said that they might all be villains, and wanting to do villain-y things, but a true villain is independent and everyone else is expendable. Made for an interesting car ride to the eye doctor.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Even though some of the dumber ones can only work in groups. I think part of it might be if someone suggests a symbol they all argue. Like the Brethren Court in Pirates of the Caribbean.
Or some of them think they're too good to wear a symbol.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Don't label me!
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Okay guys new round is open. The theme is your own Phoenix costume! It doesn't have to be red and gold or green and gold, it just needs a Phoenix symbol and maybe a few other Phoenixy touches
Thank you Alycat4848 for the doll maker link. Obviously the doll picture isn't complete, but it's really late for me, and I wanted to get it done so I don't have to worry about it. I think you'll get the jist of it. The boots I didn't color, but if you look in my "free handed" picture, you'll see the correct color. I also didn't put the headband in because I didn't want to majorly mess up my picture. Anyway, here's my Phoenix uniform. If you have any questions on it, please let me know.

Oh, and I think the green and gold is so iconic of a Phoenix uniform, so I kept it. I guess I like bright colors.
last edited 一年多以前
 Thank 你 Alycat4848 for the doll maker link. Obviously the doll picture isn't complete, but it's rea
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Very Phoenixy. I love Phoenix costumes
I agree. Phoenix costumes are really awesome, probably because there's so many possibilities.

I have a random question and the picture attached goes with the question and the story, not the contest, but it's still attached to the uniform thing.

My sister and I were recreating character's using the doll maker, that she just happens to now be obsessed with, because we were really bored during a thunderstorm on a Saturday. I was doing X-men characters and she was doing Twilight. With that being said, who does this look like? She could only tell me her powers because she sucks at names. Do you know?
last edited 一年多以前
 I agree. Phoenix costumes are really awesome, probably because there's so many possibilities. I ha
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Psylocke. And yeah I do that too hen I'm bored. It's an entertaining way to spend your time
We were under a tornado watch, and she's the type of person to freak out over anything, so I had to keep her entertained. It worked.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Seems like it worked well. It's amazing how many people make Twilight characters on those
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I really debated on the colors. I was tempted to put white and gold but I liked the blue and gold just a bit better. I also don't feel comfortable thinking of myself as White Phoenix. Yeah it's based a lot on my last design (since it's the same person) but it has a few Phoenix touches. The long boots and belt of course. And the covered neck, and I took Phoenix's love for opera gloves but kept the yellow gloves too so it's a bit more personal. Okay I changed it from yesterday. I made the belt longer and I feel the need to say the black lines on it are my sad excuse for gather lines
last edited 一年多以前
 I really debated on the colors. I was tempted to put white and 金牌 but I liked the blue and 金牌 jus
I like how it's finally a blue and gold one in the spirit of the X-team. You make some fantastic costumes! I'm sorry, uniforms. It looks really nice! I was thinking about adding the sash, but I think I include that sash on WAAAAAAAY too many costumes, so I kept it off. XD
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
The sash looks pretty but it's not very useful. Can't carry anything in it, it don't keep your pants up, it's just decoration. But yeah I get OCD and I have to color in all the pixels before I post it. That's why I keep these rounds open so long. Then you have time to perfect it
I would have done that last night, and I pretty much did with my "freehanded one" but when I got to the doll one it was REALLY late so I had to stop. My eyes were getting to the point where they dart all over and can't focus. I had to stop. I also have this thing that when I start something, I like to do it in that sitting, because otherwise I'll come back and have to redo everything with new ideas.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Yeah I was working on mine late and just decided to post it. I tweaked it a bit today though. And I know what you mean. I was tempted to redo a bunch of other things but I made myself stop. It helps a bit that I've been piecing together my dream Phoenix costume for weeks before I posted this
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Alright,I'm finally done! I went with the dark Pheonix color scheme because it's awesome and totally badass. I basicly disasembled the Pheonix costume, er, uniform, and put it back together in a random sort of way.
 Alright,I'm finally done! I went with the dark Pheonix color scheme because it's awesome and totally
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Azaleas is getting some new traffic now
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Who would've thought the traffic would come from x-men fans?
last edited 一年多以前
The cos-uniform is still awesome, as is the fact that X-men fans are x-panding their horizons. I love the fire in that picture!
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
And the metallic look.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Okay new round everyone. I was pondering this the other day and I wanted to see other takes on this idea. Make Emma Frost a modest uniform. Rather than showing off all the skin that is acceptable to strippers make her a uniform that is more appropriate for a teacher. Yes I understand that the X Men have different ideas of what's appropriate so you can make it sexy but not slutty. Have fun!
last edited 一年多以前
This is what I was going to choose if I would have won!! About time!
Here it is. Not bad for 35 minutes.

The only difference between the two is one has a jacket and the other doesn't. It's if she decided to teach after battle or something. I thought about adding an X or making it different colors, but that just wouldn't be in the spirit of Frost now would it?
 Here it is. Not bad for 35 minutes. The only difference between the two is one has a 夹克 and th
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
And I thought that it was an odd choice for a round. I'm glad someone else has pondered this. Here's mine. I did add some light blue for contrast even though I know that she usually wears all white. She usually wears off the shoulder capes so instead I did an off the shoulder coat. I tried to do something fancy with the edge of the boots and gloves to give it an "fashionable" feel even though I'm not sure how well it turned out. I wasn't originally going to do a belt but I thought it looked odd without it.
last edited 一年多以前
 And I thought that it was an odd choice for a round. I'm glad someone else has pondered this. Here's
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Okay, so the picture in my head was 10x cooler than this. I gave her an everyday and a uniform because frankly, the idea of Emma covering up was exciting. For the teacher outfit, I gave her a blouse and a knee-lenghth skirt. For the uniform, I gave her white tights under a blue dress-thing with a jacket sort-of-thing over that. And again, it looked cooler in my head.
 Okay, so the picture in my head was 10x 冷却器 than this. I gave her an everyday and a uniform becaus
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Things always look cooler in your head. Now I feel like and under achiever for only doing the uniform. I like the jacket on her uniform. It looks fluffy and reminds me of her old cape
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
Thanks! I only did the teacher outfit so I could avoid doing homework
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I do that too! In fact I think all of us do that. Why do homework when you can be doing X Men stuff?
一年多以前 FudgeCakesP said…
School is unimportant compared to the X-Men. The X-Men have done more for the world than any school ever will. When was the last time your math homework saved the world?
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Well there was that one time...
Oh yeah. The one time my Spanish teacher ripped off her brown hair to reveal blonde and say she was Frost and Cyclops proceeded to rampage into the room and kidnap everyone in the room and bring them back to New York. They brainwashed everyone but me after Frost said that 'because everyone hates me anyway, no one would believe a word I say, if they decide to listen to it in the first place'. I really hope they replace her this year.

Oh, and you shouldn't feel like an underachiever since most of the X-men seem to live out their daily lives in their uniforms. She'd teach in that too. That's why I made her a uniform with a matching blazer she can throw on to run to the classroom after her "3 hour coffee run".

"Where'd you get the bruises, Ms. Frost?"
"You wouldn't believe the scoundrels that can't let a lady stand in the coffee line without causing a fuss!"

Perfect.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I was thinking more of the one time that I was doing my math problems and I got an urgent call from an anonymous dude that told me that unless I distracted Six Pack they would accidentally destroy the world! So I made a few quick phone calls and invited them over for a mercenary contest along with Deadpool.

I told them that whoever did all the math problems first would get a fabulous prize. So they started working and occasionally shooting at each other (I billed them later). And finally Hammer held up his paper and shouted "Done!"

So I told them that I had kept the prize a secret because if tthey knew how awesome it was they wouldn't be able to focus. I saw their eyes light up as I prepared to revel the prize. And then finally I gave him a stuffed felt Cable. I saw the anger flash in his eyes and I quickly added that that wasn't the only prize. I also had another one for everyone who didn't win. They got excited again. I could see them twitching with anticipation. I then shouted out "HUGS FOR EVERYONE" and gave everyone a hug and then ran away from the random bullets and knives hurtling my way.

And that's how math saved the day again
You should make sure that the hit they would have put on your head is expired by now.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
I've just learned to run really fast and hide really quickly. My doctor bill's have been a lot more expensive though.
一年多以前 Alycat4848 said…
Technically the pick doesn't close for another 20 minutes but I have a class then so I figure I'll post this a little early. The new round is the child of your favorite couple. I know that this is more of a character design thing but I thought it would be interesting to see what kinds of uniforms people come up with. Also if your favorite couple is gay well then get creative with the origin story. Maybe the kid is adopted or a partial clone, or the genetic equivalent of their child. Good luck everyone
last edited 一年多以前
In case you couldn't tell, this is Jean and Scott's daughter, and I pretty much just used Scott's uniform minus the outer underwear, minus pockets, and plus Jean's face mask. The boots aren't like either uniform, but I didn't think Scott's looked just right and I couldn't find a picture of Jean's in the uniform I was looking at.
 In case 你 couldn't tell, this is Jean and Scott's daughter, and I pretty much just used Scott's uni