Pride and Prejudice 1995 P&P Chat 论坛

becca85 posted on May 20, 2009 at 05:35PM
One of the other spots that I am a fan of has a forum kind of like this one so I thought it would be fun to start one here. Bascially it's a forum where you can come and chat about anything and everything you want to. It does not have to be restricted to just Pride and Prejudice (95) topics. So, just add this forum to your updates and keep in touch with fellow fans.

Don't be shy, come on in!!
 One of the other spots that I am a 粉丝 of has a 论坛 kind of like this one so I thought it would be

Pride and Prejudice 1995 486 回复

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 486

一年多以前 becca85 said…
wink
And it gives you an excuse to sit there and stare at him for extended periods of time, right?
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
mischievous
Me? Find an excuse to stare at Colin? Never! XDD

Alright, yes, that's why! It makes cropping incredibly hard where he's concerned! I don't want to cut his face in half! XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
cool
Good for you!! I hate icons where only half of the subject is in the pic. I usually rate those at 4s. But, even if you chopped Colin in half, I'd still rate it a 5 because half is still better then none.
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
I have a few half ones because on some pictures more light is focused on one side of his face so I wanted to focus on that XDD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
hmmm
AH!! Very nice!! It's only when it looks like someone went through and butchered photographs and chopped people in half, that it really annoys me.

Question: I was looking at the requirements for the round 3 fic contest and when you say "comedy show" does that just mean comedy television shows only or can it be a comic fic piece based on anything? My story that I have constructed so far is about a comic day in the life of two CSI:NY team members.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Well I hope I haven't butchered any of his photos XDD

I'm afraid it has to be from a comedy television show...the comic fic piece will be for one of the later rounds though so you can still work on the fic you got going now =]
一年多以前 becca85 said…
mischievous
Darn, I guess I better come up with something else then.

Hmmm...the only comedy/sitcom show I watch is Friends, and I haven't watched an episode in months. I suppose I should go home and start watching some old episodes. We'll see what I can come up with.

And, no I don't think I have seen any butchered photos with your name on them.

BTW, how are the picks coming for the fic contest? Have you heard anything from Aly? She seems to be really busy right now; I haven't seen her on here very much (except for a pick here and a brief forum post there).

Oooooh-Oooooh - thought bubble!! I also enjoyed Saved by the Bell, maybe I should think about that...
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Well I'll let you decide whether I'd be known as the butcher after I've posted the icons XDD
*goes to check* XD

I sent Aly a message and she said that she'll try and get one in but if I don't get one soonish I'll be putting the picks up
Apparently she has been around a lot just not in the forums lately! We need to gag her and drag her back to the forums XDD

=O ZACK AND KELLY! =D
I love Saved by the Bell! That would be awesome if you wrote something about that! =D
一年多以前 becca85 said…
mischievous
Maybe if we intice her with a bound and gagged Flack...
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Oooohh! I like your thinking! XD

*brings Flack out from under the bed and sticks him into the forum*

What? I was keeping him safe XDD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
heart
Riiiiiiight...so, how many more do you have stuffed under there? Any Macs? Any Darcys? I'm sure you have more Darcys than you know what to do with!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
One Flack, two Macs, five Darcys and ten Colins...yes, ten XDD
I don't know how they all fit under the bed though...hmmm...they're all tall so it can't be comfortable for them...*moves a few Colins around* *puts a Darcy in the wardrobe* *puts another Colin in the shower*
Right...that will do for now XDD

I'm off to go stare at a Darcy pic, then sleep XD
See you in approx. 13 hours XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
surprise
**dreamily** Colin in a shower? **sigh**

**faints dead away**
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
XDD

Yes, that is a very good image...*also dies*

*wakes up again*

I had moooore weird dreams! First one was about me not getting into uni (it seemed so real! =O) and the second one was me sitting on some steps outside some building and Colin sitting next to me. We were talking like we'd been friends for ages O__o Odd but great dream all the same XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Wow!! Really interesting dreams there!! I don't remember any dreams from last night. :(

Speaking of uni, how are your preparations going for it?
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Deep sleep again?

Preparations? *falls on floor laughing* Yeah I haven't done any preparations as of yet XDD
I'll probably start buying extra stuff I'll need for uni next month. Oh and clothes! I'll need more clothes! XD Possibly at the expense of mother dearest LOL
I wanted to wait til I heard back from accommodation so I knew what to get, because different halls have different facilities, and I won't hear from them until after I get my results...which won't be very helpful if I end up going to Middlesex instead, considering their term starts earlier than Birmingham...=/

I've sorted out accommodation and student finance, but that's all I can really do for now.
Oh and learn me some Italian XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Good luck on your Italian!! I've always been horrible at learning languages. I took two years of Spanish when I was in high school and the only thing I remembered when I finished were the only words I knew before I entered the class. I even took a Japanese class in junior high school and I only remember Konichiwa.
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Thanks!! =D
Ahh I see. For me, learning languages is pretty much the only thing I can do XD
Oooh I learnt a bit of Japanese too! =D They had some lunch time sessions at school but I only went twice XD I can recognise Katakana but I have no idea what it says which doesn't help much XD

Btw, what do you think of this icon? =/
 Thanks!! =D Ahh I see. For me, learning languages is pretty much the only thing I can do XD Oooh I
一年多以前 becca85 said…
I love that icon!! He has such a knee-weakening smile!!

Is it one you just made?
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Yep it is =]

I wasn't sure if I butchered him in that icon or not, so just wanted to check XD

And yes...*sigh*...his smile! ♥
一年多以前 becca85 said…
It is so not butchered!!

So, I can't wait to rate all of these pics you are working on!!

Hey, I had an idea yesterday for some fic contest rounds (if you haven't already thought of them):

How about a bunch of crossover rounds?

1. TV show crossed with TV show
2. Movie crossed with movie
3. TV show crossed with movie

You could also get into literature, but I don't know how many MTC fans like reading.

And I was also thinking about a freestyle round, where there would be no conditions (except for a power word that has to show up in the story ~ like you have already). So people can write about anyone, anything, anywhere, etc.

What do you think?
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Phew! XD

Oooohh that sounds good! =D *writes them down*
I've got one round down for literature already, so I hope we have enough readers in the spot XD

I like the freestyle round idea too! =D *writes that down*

YAY! Great ideas! =D That should take us to the end of the year at least now =D
一年多以前 becca85 said…
YAY!! I'll keep thinking of more.

How about a fairy tale one?
How about a birthday one?

You could also go into genres (if you haven't already): horror, action, sci-fi, romance, mystery, etc.

On another topic, I was looking at your profile the other day and I have been wanting to ask you something. Do you remember which of those many medals was your first medal ever?
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Ooohh yeah! I like those! =D

How about the different genres given on fanfiction.net as well? Well, the popular ones out of those at least.

Hmmm...I think it was either the House MD greenie or James Wilson greenie...I can't remember which one came first =/ Most likely the House MD one...because I remember getting it really quickly.
一年多以前 becca85 said…
That's great!! I remember when I first joined FanPop, the medals seemed kind of intimidating and I didn't think I would ever get one. Now, I love them and am going to work hard on getting more and helping everyone else get them, too.

I am so braindead right now, that I have put off writing fics for the moment. I hope to get them completed soon, though.
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Same here! When I first saw I got a medal I thought, WHAT!?! XD
I was shocked and didn't know what it was...then I wanted more XD
Right now I've had the same amount of medals for the past 3 months because I haven't been contributing enough but now it's icon time XD
I'd really like to get at least 1 red medal! So I'll need to contribute LOADS to one of the yellow spots...I have a feeling my hands will fall off trying to get it XDD
What medals are you working on next? =]

Oooh writer's block again! I have yet to get back to my round 2 fic...I'm just being lazy now though XD
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 becca85 said…
You can count on me to rate anything you post. Since, you were so kind to help me get my medals, I have been raiding your contributions and rating everything that you ever posted to every site. I hope that will help you out a little bit. =D
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
heart
Awww, there's no need for that, but thank you all the same! ^-^
Do you have anything else that you need rating? =]
一年多以前 becca85 said…
big smile
Not that I can think of. Most of my other contributions have only been handfuls of images in various spots. I'll let you know when I decide to do a major upload of pics to a spot.
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Alrighty then =]

Another icon opinion for you XDD

Butchered or not? XD
 Alrighty then =] Another 图标 opinion for 你 XDD Butchered 或者 not? XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Not!!

WOW!! I could stare at him all day!!

**stares at pic**

**almost forgets to hit the "Submit" button**

**hurries to hit "Submit" button and goes back to staring**

**hears a strange growl and realizes stomach needs nourishment**

**runs off to lunch with promises of returning soon**

**Arnold Schwarzenegger voice** I'll be back!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
YAY! =D

Have a good stare...I mean, lunch XD

You may find more icons on your return XD
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Here's a Firthy stare one XD
 Here's a Firthy stare one XD
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Firthy stubble XD
 Firthy stubble XD
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
More Firthy stubble XD

Damn him for being able to pull that of too!
 更多 Firthy stubble XD Damn him for being able to pull that of too!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Unfortunately the only picture like this one I could find on the Internet was a scanned in version, so not very good picture quality, which is why the icon's a bit blurry =/

But still...I like this photo of him so I had to icon it XD
 Unfortunately the only picture like this one I could find on the Internet was a scanned in version, s
一年多以前 becca85 said…
All of them are so great!! You are doing a great job!! Now it makes me want to go out and make a bunch of pictures. I figure if I download a ton of photos before I go off to S. Carolina, I can spend the trip making them all into icons and fanart, because, guess what?!? I bought a car charger for my laptop yesterday and now I can work on my latop in the car while we drive halfway across the country!! YAY!! I'm so excited!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Thank you! ^-^

YAY!! I don't think I've ever seen any icons you've made so that would be great! =D Will you be using the Photoshop program you have? =]

Also I've noticed I usually leave a space on the left side of the icon and I have no idea why XD But there are some with a space on the other side too just not as many...hmmm...XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
The only icons I have ever personally made (all by myself) were some of the first Jurassic Park ones. I will try and find direct links so you can take a peek at them.

I have also done a couple of fanart picks (like the banners on this spot).

I will be using the Photoshop program. I do have to install it permanently on my computer because I have only been using the trial version that I downloaded from the website to try it out.

**goes off to hunt down links for CF**
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
zzz
I've noticed your fanart on both the MTC spot and this one, but I never realised you made some of the JP icons

Will you have Internet connection once you get to your destination?

Alrighty, I'll be checking the links tomorrow as I'm off to bed now =] A little earlier than usually but I'm oddly sleepy XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Everything on link page (except for the "Amber" icon) was made (or cropped and resized) by me. The "Hammond" and "I See You..." icons on the bottom of link page were also made by me. Everything else I just found elsewhere.

link "First Impressions" pic I did myself, also.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Sweet dreams CF!! Hopefully you dream of a Darcy fresh from a dip in the lake!! ;D
一年多以前 becca85 said…
zzz
FINISHED!! I just finished rating all of your stuff CF!! I almost fainted when I saw how many images were on the House MD spot.

38,000+ screencaps?!?
43,000+ icons?!?!?

Holy cow!! I am somewhat glad that I am not a fan of that spot. I might feel obligated to rate everything (like I am doing on my current spots). But I have decided to take a step in the direction of House fandom and borrow the first season from my co-worker. I have to wait until I finish watching the first season of Criminal Minds (which I borrowed from my aunt) before I can start on House.

Well, it's bedtime for me now. It's after 11PM here. Look forward to chatting tomorrow!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Great icons! =D

Unfortunately no wet Darcy =[ But I did have another odd Colin related dream XDD Both my parents received something in the post about paying for certain websites that were used, but both parents had got different bills for them despite living in the same house. It said on the bills that all proceeds go to Oxfam on behalf of Colin Firth...O__o
Then my dad said that it must have been someone else who did this because Colin was in America (how he came across this info I have no idea XD) and he couldn't have sent it...it was an odd dream XDD

Thank you! ^-^

Holy mother, I didn't realise there were that many screencaps or icons there XDD Last time I checked there were about 15000 icons...I haven't been there for a long time XD

*jumps up and down* YAAY!! You'll love it! =D House is awesome! =D
一年多以前 becca85 said…
I'm awake!!

That does sound like a weird dream. Did Colin actually play a part in it?

No dreams for me, unfortunately. I have got to start going to bed at a more reasonable hour.

At least the morning flew by fairly quickly, though not in a very good way. It's only thirty minutes before my lunch break.
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
YAY!! =D

Nope Colin didn't show up in it at all O__o

XDDD Stick Darcy on your ceiling...it might help XD

Uneventful morning? Lunch in thirty minutes?! Wait...it's Friday, your early lunch day, right? XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Yep, I have my co-workers trained. They can set a watch by me on Fridays, because I always go to lunch at 11AM.

As for my morning, it was too eventful. We had an irate, very pissed off customer come in and one of my co-workers lost his temper with him (which was shocking, because I've never seen him lose his temper with a customer before). And part of the problem arose from another co-worker as well, so after the customer left, these two guys started yelling at each other. They've been friends for over five years, so it was surprising to see them screaming at each other. BUT, they are back on speaking terms now and I don't have to feel like a peacemaker any more. YAY!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Wow! That's a lot of drama in one morning!
But at least they're speaking again so you can enjoy your lunch without having to worry about them too much =]
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Alright, I'm back now!!

Hey, have you ever been to the United States?
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
surprise
EEK! I haven't been here in 2 days!?! =O
Uber busy weekend I'm afraid and I fell asleep after watching Girl with a Pearl Earring on Friday XD
To answer your 2-day old question...YES! =D Twice to California =D And I want to go back there and visit every state (even though that may not be possible...XD)
How have you been? =D