Pride and Prejudice 1995 P&P Chat 论坛

becca85 posted on May 20, 2009 at 05:35PM
One of the other spots that I am a fan of has a forum kind of like this one so I thought it would be fun to start one here. Bascially it's a forum where you can come and chat about anything and everything you want to. It does not have to be restricted to just Pride and Prejudice (95) topics. So, just add this forum to your updates and keep in touch with fellow fans.

Don't be shy, come on in!!
 One of the other spots that I am a 粉丝 of has a 论坛 kind of like this one so I thought it would be

Pride and Prejudice 1995 486 回复

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 451-486 of 486

一年多以前 samjhart said…
mischievous
aw thnx for rating guys *hugs* really helped get my medals! and i'm missing you guys and yes I've still got the flu and its all ur fault chandlerfan
一年多以前 becca85 said…
heart
I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!

WHAT?!? Samjhart is sick with the flu!! How can that be? I hope you feel better soon. And I hope CF feels better, too. I've missed chatting with you ladies!! GROUP HUG!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
I'm back too! =P

Sorry for flu-ing you samjhart! =O Hope you get better! ♥

I haven't been on FP for sooo long! ='O

How was SC, becca?! =D
一年多以前 becca85 said…
CF's back?? CF'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

**throws welcome back party**

How have you been? You must have been super busy with work!! I hope you are making tons of money to make it all worth it.

S.C. was nice; very humid, tho. I posted some pics on the MTC forum (in case you missed them). The only downside was my ear problem (which I got fixed yesterday) and the 17 bug bites I have counted on my body (5 on my left leg, 8 on my right and 4 on my back). They did not look good (or maybe they looked worse then they were since my skin is so WHITE!!).
 CF's back?? CF'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!! **throws welcome back party** How have 你 been?
一年多以前 becca85 said…
I just checked Pride, Prejudice and Zombies out of my library. This has got to be an interesting read!! It'll be interesting to find out how he blended Austen and bloodshed into one novel.
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
I'M BAAAAACK! (AGAIN!) XD

OMG! CHAMPAGNE! =O *drinks it all* XDD

Oooohh! *goes and checks out the pics at MTC* I haven't checked my updates in yonks so didn't realise they were there XD I finished work at 2 today! =D YAY! And I slept for an hour before I came on here XD

Ooooh that book sounds interesting =D That's been on my list ever since I heard about it despite being initially outraged at the idea XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
CHANDLERFAN'S BACK!!

More champagne!!
 CHANDLERFAN'S BACK!! 更多 champagne!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
=O *gets very, very, very drunk*

*collapses causing the Colin clones to try and sneak off*

MWAHAHA!! I tied them to the bed/wardrobe/various parts of furniture so they couldn't escape! >=D
一年多以前 becca85 said…
PPZ is an okay book. I just got to the Netherfield ball part and I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the Bennet daughters being zombie killers while managing to stay respectable ladies. Sometimes the story makes no sense at all.

So, what kind of work do you do?
一年多以前 becca85 said…
mischievous
That's my evil plan. I plan to get you so drunk, you can't find your way out of this forum.

MWAHAHAHAHA!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
EEEK! It's one of those nonsensical stories >_< It may end up of my list because I loathe those kind of books =/

I have a department store warehouse job...literally the only job available to me but I get a pretty decent amount of money for it so I'll stick it out til uni =D

Oh oh oh! And YAY! It's your birthday soon! =D (And Colin's XDD)

=O I knew you had an evil streak in ya! XDD Well, so far, it's working ;D
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Besides working yourself to the bone, what else have you been up to? Making more Colin images?
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
Unfortunately I haven't had time to continue making any Colin icons =[ I probably won't be able to til next month =/ But that does mean there will be a mass posting session next month XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
big smile
YES!! If it's as much as you say, when I get done rating them, you better have redal by then.
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
big smile
XD Well, once I've finished, it should get me to a total of 700 images because I'll have made over 100 icons by then (hopefully)! =D
And I've also got some more photos to post...just got to remember which site I saw them on XDD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
I can't wait!!
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Have you done anything for the fanfic round 3 yet?

I was chatting with Krissy last night and I told her that you had extended the deadline for round 2, so hopefully she may contribute something.

I am going back and forth between my entry for round 3 and part two of Shai's story right now.
一年多以前 becca85 said…
crying
So, two things to announce.

I finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Well, it's a parody of Pride and Prejudice, that much is obvious once reading it. And, I totally believe the one sentence bio on the back cover of the book for the author. It's quite obvious that he only took one English literature class in college.
This novel took Jane Austen's beloved characters and ruined them for me. I actually had to try very hard to NOT picture Colin Firth's Darcy as the Darcy featured in this novel, because I didn't want to start hating him. Once I got that out of my head, Darcy was replaced by the actor who portrayed him in the 1980 BBC version (his name escapes me at the moment).
There was one particular scene in the book that shocked me to my very core. I actually had to re-read one sentence a few times for its meaning to sink in and when it did, I stared at the page for a few moments in absolute shock. I can't believe the author turned Lizzy into THAT kind of a person!
I am trying very hard to figure out how this novel got such high reviews. And on Oprah's reading list?! I read somewhere that they were entertaining the idea of turning it into a movie. I cried!

Second, I FINALLY got Lost in Austen from my library, so now I have to hurry up and watch it and see if it's as good as samjhart says it is. =D
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
=O Ohh no! I hate it when they ruin books! =[
Did you read the original P&P again just to remind you what the characters were really like before depression set in? And possibly re-watch the lake scene? ;]
Oh holy mother....I really hope it doesn't become a movie...without even having read the book, I can tell that would be an awful idea!

GAHH! I still need to find LIA; it's not in my library and no one I know has it. I don't want to buy it unless I've seen it first =/
Let me know if you enjoyed it! =D
一年多以前 becca85 said…
No, I ended up watching the entire P&P miniseries. If I'm going to sit there and remind myself of the merits of the original story, I might as well do it while staring at a sexy Darcy. =D

As for LIA, does link work for you?
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
XD Good thinking! =D

Hmmm...it comes up with the screen but when I press play, it doesn't do anything =S
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Is it a red "play" circle or a green one?
一年多以前 becca85 said…
big smile
So, I just started watching "Lost in Austen" and I love this quote:

"I'm not hung up about Darcy. I do not sit at home with the pause button on Colin Firth in clingy pants, okay? I love the love story. I love Elizabeth. I love the manners and language and the courtesy. It's become part of who I am and what I want. I'm saying that I have standards."

Especially the Colin Firth part!!
一年多以前 becca85 said…
Having completed the movie, I was astounded by how much alike many of these characters were in appearance to various other P&P actors from other movies. While Darcy looked a bit like Matthew, I was surprised to see how much like Heath Ledger he looked. They could be brothers!!

Elizabeth looked like Keira
Jane looked like Rosamund
Mrs. Bennet looked like Alison
Charles looked like Simon

It was amazing.

I had to laugh at the lake scene. I can't believe Amanda did that!! And Caroline?! Jane Austen is probably rolling over and over and over in her grave at that revelation!!

I have to say Wickham was one of my favorite characters in this movie. He's so blunt and to the point...and charming!!

Now I have to add this to my collection.
一年多以前 samjhart said…
smile
*hugs becca* yay! another convert lol I'm glad you got to watch before the movie got out :) and I love Wickham too *drools* he's sooo smexy hehe :D

and yes, the creators did indicate that the 95 version inspired LiA *whoops* - that is probz the ultimate compliment. P&P95 is a cultural icon - this proves it (of crz we knew that before)

ok, gonna stop now before i go into rant mode but umm what did you think of the portyal of lizzie becca?
一年多以前 becca85 said…
heart
What little I got to see of her, I liked. The actress was adorable and did an excellent portrayal of her. I loved those first two introductions of her character to the story, when she was in the bathroom. She was very humorous!!
一年多以前 becca85 said…
angelic
I'm SO proud of myself!! I am actually making my own P&P icons. Look for them in the next couple of weeks.
一年多以前 becca85 said…
big smile
OK, the chances of CF actually seeing this are quite slim, since she is busy with school and stuff, but I wanted to put forth my impressions of Shakespeare in Love, which I finally watched last night.

I know I am going to get martyred for what I am about to say, but I can't lie about it. I hated Colin Firth in this movie!! Perhaps it was because he was in a villainous role, but I wanted to reach thru the screen and wring Wessex's annoying little neck. Tho, overall, I was very disappointed in the casting. The only casting choices I liked were that of Viola (Paltrow) and Will (Fiennes), but, as the movie revolves around them, I guess that is all that really matters. Even Judi Dench, whom I admire immensely as an actress, disappointed me. Her portrayal was very comical, and, after watching Cate Blanchett's portrayal of the same character in the Elizabeth movies...well, let's just say that I don't think anyone will ever top Cate's performance.

Moving on to the storyline itself, I enjoyed the overall story, though I found the dialog cheesy in some spots. I found the beauty of the story really shone forth at the first performance of Romeo & Juliet in front of an audience. It was an amazing montage as they sped thru the story and it really made me wonder what it would have been like to be present at that very first performance. It must have been truly breathtaking and I wonder if the people present knew how blessed they were to witness it.

Going back to my criticism of Colin's performance, I feel like I should watch P&P now so that I can remind myself that I love him!

There's to you, CF!!
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
My ears are burning! XDD

Yeah he was a bit of a prick in that movie - it's odd seeing Colin being the straight-up bad guy - I don't think it really suits him to play the villain even if he is quite a versatile actor.

On the other hand, the earring he wears never fails to amuse me XD I'm not sure why exactly - maybe it's the 'simple things, simple minds' thing LOL

But I forgave him for portraying Wessex simply because, as you said, the storyline was beautiful and it was an enjoyable movie.

And of course, go watch the lake scene over and over and over and over again. That ought to do it XD *drools at the mere thought of it* *sigh*
一年多以前 becca85 said…
mischievous
Well put!! I should just skip the whole movie and go straight to the lake scene. Hmmm... I wonder if I have it on my iPod? Then I can watch it here at work... Darn! I don't have it. Looks like I will have to wait until I get home.

Any other movie recommendations, now that I have finished SiL? Whatever you recommend, it may take me months to get to it. :P
一年多以前 Chandlerfan said…
I keep forgetting about the time difference XD

Can you watch it on youtube without anyone noticing? Just turn the sound off - it's not really needed anyway - I mean, who cares what he's saying when he looks that good?! XD

I would recommend A Single Man solely based on the reviews =P I have yet to see it but considering it got him nominated for so many awards (finally!), it seems like a good bet. And if it'll take you months to get to it, it could be helpful because by then it should be out on DVD - perfect timing, I say XD
一年多以前 becca85 said…
laugh
I suppose I could watch it on YouTube...alright! You talked me into it!

**comes back very much later**

WOW!! That was great!! Of course, I knew it would be, but it's still awesome.

A Single Man? That did look like a good movie, based solely on the trailers. But, anything with Colin is good, right? Even if his character isn't. :D

It's on the list. I'll get back to you in 2-3 months with my review.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 becca85 said…
YES!! I have found a movie to watch while *patiently* awaiting A Single Man on DVD. Has anyone seen The Accidental Husband with Colin Firth?
一年多以前 becca85 said…
I'm so excited!! I just got the new edition of Pride and Prejudice yesterday!! I'm going to watch it once I finish my final and see what's new with it.
一年多以前 becca85 said…
We just passed the one-year anniversary of the creation of this chat. YAY!! Even though it kind of fizzled out.

Anyways, I finally finished watching the actual miniseries on the Restored Edition of P&P last night and then I started watching the bonus material. I think that's primarily why I bought this edition; just for the bonus material, which is different then what the previous box-set had. I only started one of the bonus features which was called "Lasting Impressions," basically the making-of sequence. None of the actors who appeared in the segment looked anything like their characters! Granted they all wore makeup and wigs when in character, but it was so amazing to see the incredible difference. Adrian even looked like he had age spots on his face. I must say that Alison actually looked beautiful with her natural hair. She looked much younger then I would have pictured.

I also loved the stories they told about...well, anything. Colin and Adrian were good friends on the set and Adrian related a story about how he and Colin got drunk and somehow ended up just chilling in Colin's Jacuzzi and how Joanna walked in and busted up laughing when she saw them drunk as skunks just having a good ol' time. Alas, there were no pictures of the fun event. too bad!

I've been thinking about capping the bonus features and putting them up on the club here. I'll keep thinking about it...
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Echoes said…
Has anyone here heard of the book Lost in Austen: Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure? I have not read it myself, but it sounds extremely interesting: The reader enters the story as Elizabeth Bennet, with a mission to marry both prudently and for love, and the outcome of the story depends entirely on decisions you make as Elizabeth, verying off into other Austen books such as Emma and Persuasion.

Oh, and I've heard of Accidental Husband but haven't watched it yet. Is it good? Also, I LOVE Shakespeare in Love...it is a beautiful and engaging interpretation of the story which inspired Romeo and Juliet. Joseph Fiennes is my favourite Shakespearian actor, Gwyneth Paltrow AMAZING as Violet, and the chemestry between the two undeniable. I also think that its so cool how different aspects of both history and other Shakespeare plays into the story.
last edited 一年多以前