马达加斯加的企鹅 你 know your a PoM 粉丝 when....

JediPenguin16 posted on Jul 31, 2010 at 11:52PM
Here's a few I have thought of, post some of your own thoughts here as well!
1. You have thought to yourself "My, isn't Kowalski/rico/skipper/private/julien/marui­ce good looking and date-able?"
2. You find youself taling "king Julie" at achool/work ect.
4. You have made operation names for mundane tasks. (ie: cleaning your smelly teenager-ish room becomes Operation: Teen Clean! or Operation: Sparkly Fresh!)
5. Someone is taling ahbout smethign you know absolutely nothign about. But You say " I like it!" Becuase you don't have to know to like!
6. You have told your friend/co-worker/familiy member/parent that somethign was "calssified".
7. You stay up past midnight fanpopping on the site ( or doing somethign realted to PoM)
8. You go to walmart and see a cereal box with the penguin on it ,adn flip out. You stare at it the entire shopping trip and hold it in your lap on the way home.You tear it open and treasure the plastic toy like a ruby.
9 You have spent more than two hours watching PoM onthe internet or on TV and kaughed hysterically at eahc episode
10. You draw fanart, even if your no good.
11. You have Penguin ( or lemur or ect.) OC that acts and look stragnely like yoursel or get's hitched or is related to one of the penguins ( or lemurs or ect.). ;)
12. You hate *insert character* but still laugh at them anyway. Deep inside, you really wouldn't want the show without them.
13.You have a favorite paring ( and have made fanfiction, fanart, or at least wanted to, about it)
14. You are a fangirl for one of the characters.

That's all I got for now! I haven't done all of these,but number eight is, sadly, a true story XD.
last edited on Jul 31, 2010 at 11:55PM

马达加斯加的企鹅 86 回复

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 86

一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
big smile
When you've took the time to think of a possible way for the penguins to be real and to meet them in-person in an alternate world, as a penguin, set up an entire rp scenario thing, and continue it in you're head whenever you're bored. Which is quite frequently, actually.
一年多以前 JediPenguin16 said…
I have done that! XD The whole "alternate dimension" for fictional characters. Of cours,e I thought up somethignike that when was going through my "star wars obseission" phase for becoming a jedi and all that junk LOL.
一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
big smile
Yeah, well my role-play world in ma head has been continuing since... umm.... December, I think.... Yeah, it was December. And it's still going! XD I have a very active imagination, so I practically live in my head sometimes.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 rebcam13 said…
The characters (any and/or all) act as your imaginary friends that are with you every where you go.

You make a shrine of the show/character(s)/actor(s) or all of the above.

You start saying "Skipper type" phrases- ex: Shitaki Mushrooms!, Holey Butterball!,or What in the ham steak?!

You scream "BLOWHOLE!" Everytime something bad happens or goes wrong for you.

You refer to Manfredi and Johnson for lessons towards others.

You always think that the Danes are after you.

When you do something 'commando like' or embarassing, you wave your arms in a circular motion and say, "You didn't see anything."

The solution to any of your problems is 'Smile and Wave.'
smile
O.O How did you knw wabout the last one? you to!? It's part of what got me through my first year of high school, though I was not as big of a fan as I am now. :) I owe Skipper for that little phrase. ^^
the first time I met skipper, I surmised his character to be...
"Everyone but me and my team is psychotic, and they don't know it. So,
'Smile and Wave, boys, Smile and wave.'
While we escape this wacked up conspiracy!"
:) ah, nostalgia.
And yes, I often exclaim ( or at least think)Skipper-like phrases as well. XD Such as " What in the name of Norman Rockwell! " Or
" Da Vinci's brushstrokes!"
I'm such an art geek XD proud of it.
一年多以前 rebcam13 said…
LOL, those are good, I'm a geek too, and proud also!
一年多以前 fun123fun said…
all of theam right!!!!!!! i found a pom wach in k mart and i tryed to confice my grnma but she said no how about this and point to a pink wach next time i got to k mart im bringing 5 bucks but zomg the stuff there are so cheep!
一年多以前 IceCream123 said…
big smile
You think that you are cute and cuddly when really you just look plain creepy.
一年多以前 IceCream123 said…
You are always drawing sketches of the characters or making up your own, but when you do, you make things so overly dramatic P.O.M becomes a soap opera.
laugh
LOL Those are so true icecream! ^^ Expecially yht cute and cuddely one.
A Lesson from life: shaking you booty at someone as a a teenager does not make you look cute. must remeber you are not a penguin. Or a dancing lemur.
一年多以前 Spi_Kat_Penguin said…
blush
Wow. I do all those things.....

-Kat
一年多以前 PenguinCrazy14 said…
...You start carrying around a clipboard like Kowalski. I've got one, it's green, and I'd be so very lost without it, it's got my entire layout for my next few fanfics(in which there is a OC who bears an uncanny resemblance to me, personality-wise, and who ends up marrying one of the penguins). Oh, and also, while you're going to school, you find yourself reenacting an entire PoM episode on the way there(attracting stares from people around you--just smile and wave--), and when you meet your friend in the hallway, you pull them aside and say "If anyone asks...you didn't see anything..." and back away from them while waving your arms around(leaving them utterly confused). And when someone asks you where you were last period, your response is: "Classified."
And you're a little late getting home because you were doing recon on your suspicious neighbors who sit there all day conspiring against you. Yup, that's my basic school day. ^^
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 PenguinCrazy14 said…
Oh, and when you can't even look at a pack of candy buttons, or some Jell-O without smiling like an idiot...or instead of answering a question with 'yes' or 'no', your responses are 'affirmative' or 'negative'.
一年多以前 rebcam13 said…
I thought of another one, You believe in 'Sky Spirits' and that they give you signs throughout your days.
一年多以前 Icicle1penguin said…
big smile
I was about to buy their band-aid!

...But then my mom would think I've gone mental. XD
laugh
Meh, My mom alreayd knows how mental I am. hwne we were actally in the grocery store,...(see number eight)
Mom:" you wanna push the cart?"
Me: Mother! I am sixteen, it is not that big of a "big girl" of a thing for me to d- OmW! Is that the penguisn on that cereal box! MOmmy! I need this cereal right now!!!!!
Mom: O.o
A paraphrase of a true story. Of course my mom own the first two season of gilligans Island and freaks out at football and the muppetts, so we are even XD.
wait a minute, they have badnaids!! I want some! What store? Walmart?
Another one- you know your a PoM fan when...you buy a watercolor kit adn the first thing you do is a watercolor of Skipper ( of of the cereal box as a reference, no less!)
big smile
New one: You knwo your a PoM when your a grooveshark( a music website) and you find I lik to Move it Move it King Julien style on it and spaz out in your chair so hard you wave your arms really fast and almsot take off! ^w^
Yeah, true story, cause it happned just a minute ago. :)
big smile
When your computer says an operation was aborted and you think/say "Unacceptable soilder!"
一年多以前 krazy4kowalski said…
When your system for remembering how to save your Word documents is "File and save, boys. File and save."
2k4k- OMW- You win the internet today! LOL rolfcopter
Here's one;
When instead of LMBO you type LMTFO (laughing my tail feathers off)
一年多以前 Annacrombie said…
lol ive was up at 2am this morning rping on ff.net with other PoM fans....im very tierd
一年多以前 Annacrombie said…
cool
NEW ONE!:You know your a PoM fan when you keep on singing the song that Kowalski sang in Concrete survival guide

You know ur a PoM fan when you wait 7 hours for a new chapter of your fav PoM fanfic to come out (im still waiting)

You know your a PoM fan when you cry your self to sleep because they dont sell PoM cherio's in england :( (WHY MUST THE WORLD TORTURE ME!?)
一年多以前 Annacrombie said…
You know your a PoM fan when whenever you hear the names "Neil" "Patrick" or "Haris" you shout "I LOVE THAT EVIL DOLPHIN!"
smile
@Annacrombie_ LOL XD I can;t even think the name Neil now wihtout thinking ' blowhole" and " wow, that voice made a lot of fangirls overnight!"
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
smile
OMW! I am a GUY and i like his voice! He sings really good, too. Check him out on Glee's DREAM ON segment. AWESOME!!
smile
Yeah, or on Dr. Horribles sing-along blog. ♪brand new day♪ = epic villain song
一年多以前 Annacrombie said…
lol i luv this voice! the first time i herd it i screamed and fainted of awsomeness!
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
smile
you know your a fan of PoM when you get sidetracked from the original topic forum into meaningless babble about sexy voiced villains
LOL beastialmoon for the win!
You knwo your a PoM fan when you watch madgascar and madagsacar 2 over and over again and skip to the parts wiht the pneguins half of the time. XD
一年多以前 Spi_Kat_Penguin said…
Lol
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
big smile
Hey! Thats what I do!
And thanks!
一年多以前 madam_vira said…
tongue
when you said, Maurice in number 1 .... you were mentioning me were you?! JK JK. XD and you know your a Maurice fan girl... when you can't stop making fics about him, even though you want to make fics about the other characters. DX
一年多以前 MsKowalski99 said…
big smile
SomeOne Should Make More FanFics For Kowalski The HAWT SEXY And GEORGEOUS Penguin That Every FanGirl Like My Self I Raving About These Days!
一年多以前 Annacrombie said…
*backs away from msKowalski99*
smirk
You know your a PoM fan when you describe a penguins as "hawt" "sexy" and '"gorgeous"
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
smile
who says "hawt" anyway?
big smile
Mskowalski does. But nothign against her. She's just part of the variety of people on the site.
smile
When you kicked out your best friend that you haven't seen all summer who was sleeping over at your house, just so she wouldn't see you spazing out over the new episdode.
一年多以前 rebcam13 said…
@AC -What is you fave fanfic? Oh and my dad's name is Neil. TRUE STORY!
@BM- I LOOOOOOVE that Glee epi. One of my faves!
一年多以前 rebcam13 said…
laugh
Oh and I thought of one for every fan out there
"You know you're a PoM fan when you have more than 5 clubs dedicated to them on Fanpop."
一年多以前 SJF_Penguin2 said…
I have a few items for this list, all of which I am guilty of. I'm sure I could think of more, but here's what I've got for the moment:

1. You have given the show's main characters middle and last names, as well as dates of birth or hatching, and have used them for fan fiction purposes.

2. Rather than go to sleep before a new 10 a.m. Saturday morning episode, you instead stay awake and wait for it to come on. Only after you have gotten your penguins fix will you begin to think about sleep.

3. You have set a timer for an upcoming episode on your TV weeks in advance.

4. You have vowed to buy all of the show's DVD releases and have appropriated funds well in advance to pay for them. You have desires also to collect other series-related merchandise.

5. When you come in contact with someone with the same name as a character on the show, you immediately think of that character.

6. You have analyzed different elements of the show and have drawn your own conclusions about certain things not directly revealed on the actual show (such as if the penguins can or cannot read, if Skipper's relationship with Kitka means that he is no longer committed to his doll "wife" Lola, or if the series is or is not set in an alternative universe apart from the movies). This type of action I describe as "fandom arbitration."

7. You have begun to like real penguins more than before you began watching the show, and were disappointed to learn that no real penguins look exactly like the ones on the show.

8. You have read through the "You know you're a PoM fan when..." list and have added your own items to it.
laugh
@SJF_Penguin2- Wow, I can't wait to be an independent audlt(besides the fact I can buy a whole lot of candy and paint my whole house pink), I tried putting the TV on recording all the episodes (because I am at work a lot), but my dad needed the Space so he could record the old "johnny quest" tv shows ( the really really old ones, from when my dad was a kid O.o) You should see him geek out in his own funny way about it. Oh well.
btw-thank you for reviweing my story, new recruit, so well! Your one in a million, it realy makes my day to see it. ^^ I actuaclly was waiting to see your review before I posted the next chapters, because your analyisis are very helpful.
I got a another one:You know your a PoM fan when the hero in your life (besides Skipper) is another PoM fan. :3
And another: You know your a PoM fan when you have dreams about meeting all the other PoM fans in a giant penguin Convention.
(lol it makes it sound like a convention for giant penguins)
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
smile
SJF'S #6 - I've had alot of ideas like that before. Like in Mr. Tux, I came up with the idea that Private didn't tell them everything. He forgot to mention the opossum holding the ice cream cone....
was his GIRLFRIEND.....
DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!
cool
You know you're a POM fan when you sign up for the U.S. army just to make Skipper proud (of course I haven't done this...yet)
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
smile
I probably wont.
You know your a PoM fan when you have memorized entire episodes and re-enact them out loud.
一年多以前 SJF_Penguin2 said…
@JediPenguin16: I'm glad that you've liked my reviews. My philosophy is that good stories deserve good reviews, so keep up the good work! As for some sort of fan "convention," it is a nice dream. Unfortunately, cost and geographical issues make it unlikely to ever become a reality, but I'd definitely go to it if it ever could be done. In fact, with $20,000 I could probably make it happen myself (or $19,000 if we skip the balloons and confetti).
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 rebcam13 said…
I got another one!
You start carrying around a tape recorder and make your own log on it.
一年多以前 SJ_waddles said…
When...
ou have all your different groups of friends and you decide who's who in POM.
Your family tries to get as much POM stuff for you as possible.
You have a samurai sword whenever your family is taping something when your trying to watch POM.
You tape every episode.
You do RP stories with your cousin xD
You have gone to the point where whenever you watch POM and see something you yell "THAT WAS MY IDEA!"
You think about POM all day.
you snuggle your Skipper plushie.
You have POM all over your room.
You've worn a penguin necklace since christmas.
you have a POM bookmark xD
You write in invisible ink "I <3 POM!" all over your room and you'll have to have a purple light to see it :P
You are dieing to see a celebrity voice on POM.
you say "BOOMSHAKANA" wheeevr you're playing something and winning xD
You've written a million stories in your large notebook.(almost full >o<)
You use quotes constantly.
you always ask for green jello and want it cubed.
You wear your POM hat ALOT.
big smile
You know you're a POM fan when you can recite certain episodes by heart. (I was in a race the other day and I had to relive "Jiggles" to keep me from curling up on the street and crying.)