马达加斯加的企鹅 Presidential 论坛

krazy4kowalski posted on Jul 28, 2010 at 10:01PM
I've heard a lot of people talking about electing a fan as president. Since this seems like a fun and entertaining competition, I've decided to attempt it. We can decide on the rules on this forum. I mean, if you want to do it. Do you? 'Cause I can go either way! I'll shut up now. *staples lips together*

马达加斯加的企鹅 56 回复

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 56

一年多以前 LOLZHJO said…
laugh
I vote for PengDonna.
一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
Hmm... I wouldn't mind a Presidential Fanclub Election. It sounds interesting. Although, I'm pretty sure we can all guess right now who would win. *cough*SJF*cough*
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Icicle1penguin said…
big smile
*cough* SJF_Penguin *cough*

What? Who? Oh hey, SJF_Penguin! Well, I have no idea who came up with that brilliant idea!

:D
一年多以前 fun123fun said…
lest have a election!!!!!! can i set it up

ok first everyone who wants to enter has to write a paragraph what they would to and why they want to be prez then there is is a fan pic and then you choose and tada!
一年多以前 Icicle1penguin said…
Did we even ask him?
一年多以前 krazy4kowalski said…
smile
Um, no. But who wouldn't want to be prez? And fun123fun, that sounds like a good idea!
一年多以前 Metallica1147 said…
big smile
I VOTE FOR SJF_PENGUIN2 AS "THE PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR" CLUB PRESIDENT, I'LL EVEN BE HIS VICE PRESIDENT! :D
一年多以前 ggreen7295 said…
SJF_Penguin2. And obviously one of the people who are in the top six dedicated fans (Who is in the fans group at the bottom of the home page of the Penguins of Madagascar should be the vice President.
tongue
Okay maybe the Vice president may be taking a step to fat maybe, so people just president ok people?
tongue
So my bad for bring the idea up
一年多以前 ggreen7295 said…
Meh, I don't know.
Well think about it, We all know who we want as President *cough SFJ cough* but if we vote for a Vice President it might lead to fighting and we do not want that do we?
一年多以前 SJF_Penguin2 said…
I'm not sure what the duties and responsibilities (if any) of this "president" would be, but I'd certainly be willing to step up and be the president if elected.

As for the candidacy paragraph: Well, to begin, "The Penguins of Madagascar" has been a major force in my life for the past 15 months. I can't say exactly how it happened, but the show quickly drew me in not only as a passive viewer, but as an active member of the fandom. I think the world is a better place for "The Penguins of Madagascar" existing in it, and I thank the creators for developing such a fun and entertaining product. If the penguins were real and in imminent danger, I wouldn't hesitate to take a bullet for them. And as for me personally, I do have some political experience and understanding -- plus I came close to almost running for a real municipal board in 2009, I kid you not. I did lose two elections for class vice president back in elementary school, but I've since gotten over them.

It would be an honor to serve this community as president if you so wish. Plus, I'll invite everyone who votes for me here to the White House if I ever become President of the United States. ("If" being the keyword. There's only a 5% chance I'll ever run for such a high office, so don't be making reservations in Washington, D.C. quite yet.)
last edited 一年多以前
smile
Great, we have our first official candidate! So as for what the president's job would be- well, I think they would have the right to make up fanpop "laws" (but we'll keep it a democracy and vote on them too!) and he/she would be able to break up "wars" or start them as he/she pleased. But they would NEVER become more powerful than the people themselves. Again, democracy and checks and balances. This good?
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
smile
sounds great so far!
一年多以前 SJF_Penguin2 said…
@krazy4kowalski: Those are some good ideas to what the president's "job" could entail.

"Laws" sound like an interesting concept, though they really couldn't trump Fanpop policy. They'd be more like "recommendations," but still probably a step in the right direction. For a true system of checks and balances, the president would have veto power and there would also be a Supreme Court, but we don't have to necessarily go to such a complicated, bureaucratic level here.

One question: How much does the position pay? (I'm kidding, of course. True payment [at least here] is knowing you're doing your job to the best of your ability and helping the fandom to prosper.)
smile
Um, the president would NOT have to put any money in the "show off jar" (which would save you about $100 a week, SJF!) And of course laws would be something like "No more hate picks" or "Forums must relate in some way to pom".
一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
Aren't those already Fanpop rules? And, I have a question. If we are holding a Presidential ELECTION, don't we need more than one candidate? Who wants to run against SJF? Anyone? Anyone?
last edited 一年多以前
smile
Penguinangel: Would you like to run? And even if they are rules, no one seems to be enforcing them. I mean, seriously, most of the forums are being taken over by Blowhole, nori, Kowalski, and Skipper!
一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
smirk
O_O Umm... Um, maybe, at least if no one else runs, and if someone needs to to have an official election. I wouldn't even vote for myself, and I just feel it would be a bit of a hearbreaker to lose 0% to 100%, cuz I know that would probably be the case...
Also, Blowhole and Nori have hardly been on at all in the last month or longer, and haven't put up any NorixBlowhole stuff at all here in months. As for Kowalski and Skipper, I have to agree that they do post a lot of forums for themselves, but they haven't been online as often lately either, and now they have their own club to post many of those forums. I have a question, too. If you're so against them being here, then why did you try out for their team? Hmm?
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 LOLZHJO said…
sad
I still vote for PengDonna. Thanks to you guys, he feels so alone, and hated. All of you should appolagies when he come back. I mean, are any of you even nice? Maybe the people who made him quit are the mean ones. (Metallica1147, Crazy for Kowalski, Icicle1Penguin, PenguinAngel, SJFPenguin, BeastialMood, and GGreen.) I mean, howcome you keep on saying you hate him, when hje left yesterday at 12:00 PM? You are all so, so mean. I hate you all.
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
angry
hey! What'd I ever say about her? Nothing!! Dont point fingers at innocent people!! These fans have been on longer than you and act way more mature!!
一年多以前 Annacrombie said…
i like the idea of a president of this spot but i also think thats its a bad idea but i dont know why but i can tell that somehow this is gunna fail, epicly I DONT KNOW WHY I JUST THOUGH IT WOULD!
一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
@AC: Hey, maybe you could run! After all, you did run against Skipper a while ago. Even if the winner didn't actually get to be president back then
一年多以前 Annacrombie said…
YES I SHALL WIN!!!!VOTE FOR A.C! SHE'LL GIVE YOU COOKIES!although if i do become prez there will be allotta randomness going on
一年多以前 fun123fun said…
ok if all agrees say i!!!!
一年多以前 JediPenguin16 said…
smile
I vote SJF _penguin2! :D To quote private out of context(from that comic con video XD)
" This is the coolest thing we've ever done!!"
You have to say it with a british accent. ^^
er...would it be okay to make a fanpick of this?
一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
Well, maybe we should at least wait a bit longer to see if anyone else wants to run, or nominate someone else. Though I doubt it will make a big difference.
tongue
I know, if SJF is running then, yeah like Penguinangel said it won't make a big difference :P
But we should still wait to be fair
People can always add themsleves on to the fanpick, though, and it would let more people know about it. Of course, it doesn't make much of a difference like penguinangel said. If skipepr didn't likek democracy so muich, I'd say let's just make SJF the king of the PoM fandom altogether *insert large smiley wearing crown here*! But I can think of a few others that would also be top nominees, such as krazy4kowalski!
一年多以前 ggreen7295 said…
...If were not doing Vice president... Maybe I'll run...
big smile
Hm, maybe I will run. Just for the fun of it. That's what this whole thing is about anyway. Fun!

But we were NOT mean to pengdonna! We just were telling him that we didn't like all those mean picks and comments he was posting. And didn't someone report him? Cause it looks like his account was deleted!

Anyway, here's my campain speech:

I'm a newbie. I wont mind admitting it. But I'll also call upon all of you to vouch for me: Have I proven myself a worthy fan? Have I shown my POM knowledge? I've entered caption contests and the movie poster contest too! I've written fanfiction. And I've sought out peaceful solutions to arguments. I am a Kowalski fangirl (as my username will prove) but I also made a pick asking whether or not I'm an "insane fangirl". The poll says no. I'm clean. If I'm elected, I promise I will make this site a better place. I will try to stamp out all fights and arguments. No one should feel threatened or upset on this site. We will discuss the penguins in a mature way. But we'll have fun, too! We'll write fanfictions, picks, and forums. We'll test our POM knowledge with the quiz and laugh over hilarious screencaps. And no one will be left behind. We will all be equal in the eyes of Skipper, Rico, Kowalski, and Private- and of course the lemurs! Thank you for your time, and I wish all my competeters good luck. Thank you for your time.

Wow, that was cool!
一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
Wait, so do we need a campain speech to run? Cuz I'm starting to think it would be interesting to run, it actually does sound pretty fun.
@k4k: Yeah, I know, we didn't say anything, and he'd just start swearing out of nowhere.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ggreen7295 said…
Oh were doing speeches?

As a fellow fan, and one of the top contributors, I feel I would make a worthy opponent in an election race. I have watched each episode at least three times, I do not have shame in my liking, and I would scream it to the world.

My love for this show has been expressed in many ways, Fanfiction, creating contests here on Fanpop, I had a popular Role Play forum on here called Team Blowhole, that received over 200 replies in one night. I have joined Skipper's team on myspace, and I am Dr. Blowhole's closest Friend. He even gave me something he would never give another human being. It's classified, but nothing that can harm the penguins. The people who have reviewed my fanfiction loved it, and that shows my creativity, that I can use to think of diffrent ways to find a solution to any problems we come across. The trust and friendship I have gained with my team members and friends on my space shows that My social interactions with others, and how I can get along with anyone. This means I may try to talk and calm any one on here that maybe acting inappropriately.

Me as president would grant you all improvement to this site. All unnecessary fourms that are posted like that Mettalica(not 1147 the other one), to keep all flamers and trolls at bay, and to take action on other problems when necessary.

THank you for your time, and I wish luck to the other candidates.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 LOLZHJO said…
i still don't like anyone.
smile
Okay, I vote we leave this forum up another day, then open up the "polls' via fanpick!
May the best fan win!
last edited 一年多以前
smile
To all who want to participate: While it is not manditory, a speech is encouraged. How will people know to vote for you if all they have is your name? Someone should make a pick (not me, I'm actually about to leave my house in a few minutes) with all the current candadites to vote. Let's say the polls close on August 13?
一年多以前 ggreen7295 said…
So will we what rally? And the other things people do?
Wait, what?
一年多以前 ggreen7295 said…
I mean like, what the candidates do in an actual election.
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
heres my unrealistic speech.

Ahem.

I'm not running. Pick someone else.

*Gets off podium, random clapping ensues.*

xD sorry, i couldnt help it! Im so weird....
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ggreen7295 said…
Well, that beat the crap out of my speech, People, Vote for him!!!
XD
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
smile
wait, me?? nooooo...
*trying not to laugh* That wasn't funny beastialmoon. Not at *cracks up*
一年多以前 Penguinangel said…
big smile
Ok. My speech time.

Yeah, so, I have absolutely 0 speech-writing skillz, so Imma just walk away..... IN STYLE! *smoke* *music* *strobe lights* Penguinangel OUT!
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ggreen7295 said…
Booo!!!
XD (JK)
一年多以前 beastialmoon said…
laugh
@Krazy: It was and you know it! lolz!
yup!
You people are so funny XD Penguinangel go ahead and add yourself to the fanpick if you want to! ^^