值得一读的书 If 你 could only recommend ONE book for everyone to read...

cressida posted on Aug 15, 2007 at 02:33PM
...what would it be? What book do you wish everyone in the world would read, whether because it is entertaining, or informative, or inspirational?

值得一读的书 99 回复

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-99 of 99

一年多以前 colgatesmile said…
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

It's short and a relaxing read, none of the back problems and blood-shot eyes that comes with some of the more epic novels.

Plus I just LOVE every character in the book and the drawings are pretty cute and sweet too. Makes you feel nolstalgic and stuff.
一年多以前 kat_13 said…
Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. THe whole point of the book... people are stupid. Read it! It's so awesome! i swear you'll get hooked by it and then you'll read the whole series!
一年多以前 Priscilita22 said…
Ok I want to recommend a great book called "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (It's originally spanish so "La Sombra Del Viento", but the translation is also good).

It's an awesome book, one of those that you really can't put down. I don't really know how to talk about it without giving anything away so I won't. But everyone should really check it out.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 blind_moon said…
Chocolate by Joanne Harris. It's one of the greatest book by this author, it really makes you almost smell the chocolate being done and you can almost taste it… It’s a really amazing book! The Movie has the same efect, but its has good!
一年多以前 Priscilita22 said…
Also, someone earlier recommended the book "The Truth About Forever" and didn't know the author. The author's name is Sarah Dessen. It's a very cute book, and simple read. So if you are bored and want to read something light, I would also recommend it.

And again, going back to my earlier post check out "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon! :D
一年多以前 arnolda said…
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It made a deep impression on me.
It was informative about the history of Afganistan, and about the culture. It gave the Afghan people a voice; as if I have gotten to know them a little bit. It's just a beautiful book.
一年多以前 aaricaburke said…
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. The book was actually sent to publishers after Tooles suiced by his mother. She found it in his apartment. It is a hilarious book with in depth character analysis and they are so well constructed! This is definitely a must read!!!
一年多以前 thecon said…
I have just got back into reading after a long while (I think A Handmaids Tail put me off after studying it for A' Levels, though I definitely appreciate its power, and plausibility. But after 2 years of studying it got very painful!).

I would have to recommend The Chrysalids by John Wyndham, awesome book. He is a Sci-Fi genius.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Thima said…
THE NAMEING/THE GIFT most definatly
一年多以前 XalyssaX said…
The Outsiders
一年多以前 Edwards_Heroin said…
I would have to recomend Twilight because it is the book that I tell everybody to read. I think that it is an absolutely amazing love story with unpredictable twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more. I have read all 3 of the series: Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse and I'm waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out on August 2nd!!! Personally I haven't found another book yet that compares to Twilight in any way it is simply THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!
一年多以前 curiouscat said…
any book by Roald Dahl, Anna Quindlen, Nick Hornby, Joseph Campbell, Malcolm Gladwell. Also Lonely Planet's guidebooks (you can read them even when you're not travelling).
一年多以前 cindymiller said…
I know a great book online www.Amazon.com.
You could click the "Search Inside" to view several pages for free.
Book title : Adventures in Mandarin Chinese: Two Men and The Bear ISBN: 1439218137

;)

一年多以前 ShadowRocksxxx said…
ooohhhhh there are so may i would like to recommend!!

i think i'll go with..... the forgotten soldier by guy sajer.
very challenging book to read. its about ww2 from a german soldier's point of view. it is fascinating, horrible and beautiful all at once. definitely the best book i've read this year.

it will change your life.
一年多以前 pixie09 said…
i really would recommend "Anne of green gables" by L.M. Montgomery .. its a really sweet story with lovable characters, yet it has depths and sadness, take it as you want, i love it :p
一年多以前 Lilrue87 said…
I would tottaly say The Hunger Games.

It is a great book! Its realistic fiction and is just plain awesomeness and uber pwnage!
一年多以前 Vicious-Defect said…
errr i duno..but the first book that came to mind was "lucas" by kevin brooks...made me cry
一年多以前 xx_becky_xx said…
The Island by Victoria Hislop
It may not be everyones cup of tea but it was the first "grown up" novel that I read and could not put it down. In addition it has a lovely plot, the language is beautiful and i was crying through the majority of the second half!
一年多以前 Epetrus said…
A Mango-Shaped Space:D
I read it when I was young and I don't remember much, but I remember loving it^^
一年多以前 ttmrktmnrfn0830 said…
That would be 'Bluestar's Prophecy' from the Warriors saga (FYI: NOT a kiddie series just because it's about cats!!!)

It's is basically a prequel to the series itself, where you find out about Bluestar's (the leader of ThunderClan [for the difficult, sorry]) life before she became leader. It explains a prophecy she receives as an apprentice that she is fire, and she will blaze through the forest; but water will destroy her.
It talks about her loyalty to the code, and all she had suffered to be where she had become (before she died, WAAAAAAH!).
It is good to read at your own time, but I think it has a moral to it, too. I think it is that no matter how much you suffer, all is worth it in the end.
But, it is a tear-jerker (for people who cry when they read!!!) I think it's really good.
If you hear people say that the Warriors saga is kiddie because it is about cats, ignore them, because there is a lot of stuff that I don't think kids want to read (drama, suspense, battle, romance, death, etc.) I'd recommend the series itself. After you read Bluestar's Prophecy, and you like it, read the very first book, Warrios Series 1, Into the Wild.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 elizabethbennet said…
I would recommend Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. The book has a great massage and is really meaningful.
一年多以前 kstewrox said…
laugh
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson,Holes by Louis Sachar,The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.They're all good books so irecomend all of the above!
一年多以前 ambyie said…
cool
The vampire academy had me from the start. Whether or not it was the hot sexy Dimitri or the sassy tude Rose gave when cornered. Or the romance that should have never been, and could never be between them. Maybe it was the fierce fire in Roses soul that burned for the safety of her best friend, the person she will guard for life. Rose has something we all care to see, we all wish to be, something we could die for. LIFE.
一年多以前 marissa said…
Anything by Yann Martel, but particularly Self.
This guy is amazing. I am in love with everything he writes.
一年多以前 shazyrach said…
smile
i would recommend midnight by jaqueline wilson it's a great book.
一年多以前 Twilimpian said…
smile
I would recomend The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks and The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. And Also any books by William Shakespeare (even though some are had to understand). =)
一年多以前 diana_pustianu said…
'evil' ('ondskan') by jan guillou
一年多以前 lacrimosa-band said…
"The Magus" by John Fowles
一年多以前 warcraftjunckie said…
heart
Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne! And if I could recommend a second, 2,000 Leagues under the Sea which is also by Jules Verne.
一年多以前 MYSTERIOUSDAVID said…
READ THE HELP BY KATHRYN STOCKETT...probable the best book i have read all year...don't you think?DAVID..WWW.DAVIDSBOOKTALK.COM is the place i do interviews..hope you can listen
一年多以前 jeannette26 said…
sunny
The holy bible.
一年多以前 axemnas said…
Shutter island is a great one
Which one I'd recommend everyone read would fall under the classic literature area A Christmas Carol-Charles Dickens(any of his books in general),The Elephant man, The Legend of Sleepy hollow-Washington Irving, Of Mice and Men,Frankenstein-Mary Shelly,the Outsiders-S.E.Hinton
 快门 island is a great one Which one I'd recommend everyone read would fall under the classic lit
一年多以前 Aqua-marine said…
Harry potter and the deathly hallows an harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban, you just can´t put the book down, because it is so amazing and awesome book.;)
一年多以前 Fireminess said…
Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. Best ending ever.
一年多以前 LinaHarrow said…
The Bible definately!

But if that doesn't count, then Flipped because I love that book so dearly much.

It seriously made me cry. A lot. It was really good, had a great, engrossing plot. I could hardly focus on schoolwork with that book sitting on the edge of my desk begging me to pick it up again and continue reading it. It faces real issues and captures real feelings.
Once again,
I love that book so dearly much.
一年多以前 sugarcane15 said…
smile
the market by j.m. steele
一年多以前 Claudia4599 said…
The Hunger Games

death, love, endless madness, Something for everyone!
一年多以前 Lunalovely said…
big smile
Harry Potter. Just recommending one would be enough to hook them for life, therefore my job would be done
一年多以前 BelleAnastasia said…
The Headless Horseman: A Strange Tale of Texas by Mayne Reid.
一年多以前 Mikki-chan55 said…
heart
Oy! It's really hard to pick! There are so many great ones!!
First off, anything by Maggie Stievfater. She is an AMAZING writer and all her stories are just rich in detail. Plus she has an wicked sense of humor and at least one character in each of her books has it. (Go James!! Woot woot!) So read Lament or Shiver!
Then there's the Morganville Vampires series which, let me tell you, is freakin AWESOME! You could hate vampires and still love this cause not every vampire in the story is exactly loveable. Plus, I love Myrnin x3
Haha, I guess I didn't really stick to the "ONE" book, did I? XD
一年多以前 MGGLover said…
smile
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
While it has all the horror needed for an anti-war book, it still brings humor to the reader while dealing with the terror involved with being a prisoner of war in ww2 nazi germany. Vonnegut also manages to bring in a bit of sci-fi.
This book is definitely one of my top faves.

And for someone not interested in war then it would have to be The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald.
一年多以前 POPclogger216 said…
big smile
... Caution: Brain will soon explode because of the sheer impossibility of choosing one book. Self Destruct in three... two... one... **KABOOM**
一年多以前 roseteaxx said…
There are so many books I'd love to say, but if I only get to choose one, I'd probably have to say Harry Potter. Besides being highly addictive, the characters are vivid, the action intense, the details endless. It is hugely imaginative, and it leaves the reader with so much to think about. It's more than just about a couple of good wizards fighting a couple of bad ones; it's got real depth. There are messages and questions and all sorts of possibilities. It's loved by boys and girls, children, teens, adults, and even the elderly. This book teaches people some very important life lessons, and provides for some ideas about friendship, family, love, power, corruption, even genocide, and, of course, growing up. This book also tends to inspire people to read other books. In fact, it was thanks to Harry Potter that I became such a book worm, as I had not been a particularly avid reader before I picked up Harry Potter. I think it's just a great book for everyone to read :)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 mibsgirl11 said…
The Hunger Games series my Suzanne Collins, if you haven't already read them. They're just incredible, and so is the new movie for the first book. You'll love it! :)
一年多以前 ErnieHannah333 said…
Harry Potter! Go read it right now if you haven't read any of those books!
一年多以前 KittyKat0008 said…
wink
Nightshade by Andrea Creamer
It's a fantasy book that takes place in the town of vail at the foot of a huge mountain that hides the shrine of the guardians, Haldis. Guardians are half wolf half human, are the keepers (tell you about them in a minute) servants, and are the sworn enemies of the searchers. The keepers basically command everything and are evil in every way imaginable which is unknown to the guardians. And the searchers are the enemies of the keepers because of some ancient battle (you have to read the book, im not telling you (:.
Anyway, there is a to-be alpha wolf girl, Calla, who is caught up in a love crisis. She has to chose between her future husband Ren, and a human Shay. And if she doesn't chose right, there could be deadly consequences from the keepers. This is a fantasy, thriller, romance novel that any teen through adult will love. but i'm not telling you any more, you have to read the book!
一年多以前 greengirl8 said…
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie.
一年多以前 sideshowbobbart said…
big smile
Percy Jackson my dear ^ ^

The Last Olympian probably
一年多以前 browntyreshop said…
smile
Yup Harry Potter books are quite good. Also Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (my favourite book) and The Da Vinci Code also by Dan Brown. Vampire Academy by Rachelle Mead (not sure if I spelt her name right sorry!), The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare and the Infernal Devices also by Cassandra Clare. There's a whole bunch of others. Just keep reading...