Tokio Hotel Bill has to undergo surgery!!!

sexymaedel posted on Mar 25, 2008 at 12:23PM

WHOLE TOUR CANCELLED, BILL HAS TO GO TO SURGERY OTHERWISE HE'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO SING AGAIN!!!!

From the Bild magazine website:

Hamburg-Has he endangered his health for his fans?
Singer Bill Kaulitz(18) of germany's most successful rock band Tokio Hotel (DDM) has to go through a surgery of his larynx!
The doctors diagnosed a cyst on one of his vocal chords, that (the cyst) has to be removed immediately. Without a surgery his voice could be affected so strongly that he would never be able to sing again. The completely sold out Europe-tour with concerts in Italy, Sweden, Slowenia, Serbia, Finnland, Danmark, Norway and a show in Dortmund have to be cancelled.
A HUGE SHOCK FOR MILLIONS OF FANS ACROSS THE WORLD!

Bill has already been in supervision of doctors in the beginning of last week, because of laryngitis, says TH-producer and manager David Jost. A further examination showed that a nub has developed on one of the vocal chords, which makes it impossible for the laryngitis to heal. The cyst has to be removed in a surgery this week.
How can such a cyst develop? Mostly a nub on the vocal chords, a so called singers knot, develops because of an overstraining of the voice, says Doctor Julia Vent from the University-Hospital Cologne. If a singer sings too loud or with wrong pressure such a nub can develop. That is encouraged, if the vocal chords are already affected by an infection. A cyst in the larynx is a small bubble filled with liquid. The surgery is made by inserting a pipe through the mouth.

With help of a microscope the cyst is bobba out with tiny, sharp scissors. After the surgery Bill has to go through a several-weeks long rehabilitation, to avoid long-term damage. Producer David Jost: We really hope, that the fans understand that Bill's health has to be in the foreground.

Tokio Hotel 5 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 sexymaedel said…
I've heard it on the radio today and now i found this!! I'm really worried about him!!!
I hope he will get well soon!!!
一年多以前 lizzy said…
ye i saw it on video i will put it here , but bill gets better i just know that and he isnt the fisrt that have it so if the sugery goes good bill woud get well soon
一年多以前 sexymaedel said…
i also think that he will get better.. but still its quite serious...:(
一年多以前 lizzy said…
:P i sad so that i woud be fine :P
一年多以前 Rockgrl said…
OMFG! I'm glad I looked at this. I am giving my eternal sympathy to Bill, Tom and their entire family. I hope that the surgery go over well, he does wat they tell him to heal completely and be able to sing again