Spider-Man Thoughts on Spidey 3?

dave posted on May 06, 2007 at 04:04AM
I caught the 10am showing on opening day and I have to say, although I had fun with this movie, I was a bit disappointed. I think there was just too darn much going on. Having 3 villains was just too much. My favorite part of the movie was seeing Peter turn into a much darker character because of the Venom symbiote. But the whole Saturday Night Fever thing left a bad taste in my mouth. It was just so cheesy, but somehow very Sam Raimi. I definitely felt like there was a lot of emotion in this installment and the action sequences were fantastic (great special effects) but I could have done without the cheese.

Spider-Man 13 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 blubell88 said…
Two words: Emo Spiderman.
一年多以前 snoznoodle said…
You have no idea how many people shouted out 'Emo' in the movies when that happened... including me! LOL.
I actually thought it was great! I saw Spiderman 2 the day before I saw number 3 and I couldn't help but think after watching number 3 'There's only ONE villain in number 2?' You have to admit Venom was WAY better than Doctor Ock.
一年多以前 benji said…
TOO MUCH GOING ON? You all people be crazy!

I love a film that's full to the brim, and this film wasn't just full, it was frothing over several cups. Bloody brilliance, all the villains were there for a good reason, mostly to parralel Peter, and each served a purpose. My only complaint was the lack of development Venom and Eddie got, mostly Venom.
一年多以前 merbelle007 said…
it was okay. some parts were really cheesy...or perhaps it was just tobey's acting. but overrall i was pleased.
一年多以前 tvman said…
I went to the 7:20 showing (I wanted to go to a later showing, but at the theader it was playing at every show was full til 10:00, and it was playing every 20 minutes) and I was disappointed as well. They tried to make it a comedy is what I felt. They can say that it was comedic relief, but they should have left that to triple J. Also, why was Venom kept in the dark for so long. He only came in halfway through the movie. Should have been more action, less comedy.
一年多以前 DarthVibbert said…
Venom has to come in late b/c Spidey has to wear the symbiote for a while.

I lover Spider-Man 3 and can't wait for 4.
一年多以前 thecon said…
Venom should never have been done in 1 film. It should have been split between spidey 3 and 4, then you can do the black suit spidey for 3 and end on the cliff hanger of eddie brock getting taken over, that leaves a whole film of venom.

The big problems i had were these;

1. Venom is spidey's arch nemesis, and is seen by many as his ultimate enemy, yet he was the easiest villain to defeat. It happened so quickly.

2. There were far too many coincidences. Mary Jane and peter sitting in a web together, and surprise surprise the symbiote falls in the same place. Flint Marko escaping the cops and surprise surprise he finds himself in an outdoor genetic experimentation on sand. Spidey goes to the bell tower to rid himself of the symbiote and surprise surprise Eddie Brock turns up beneath him AND the symbiote lands on him. This is all aside from the fact that this all happens within the space of a week or so and that Flint Marko also ends up being the killer of Uncle Ben too.

Too many coincidences.

However, this all could be forgiven with making venom come into play very very slightly earlier (30 mins from the end is just not good enough for me) and killing mary jane (she is really getting on my tits now)

The thing to remember is that Sam Raimi NEVER liked Venom and didn't want to do this story, he was forced to do this by the studio. His original plan for spidey 3 saw sandman and vulture as the main villains, that would have been amazing!

If Raimi does stay then he'll get to do it his way, and this is only good news for us. Bring on Spidey 4!
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 benji said…
Raimi did like Venom, he said that so nobody would suspect they really were using Venom.
一年多以前 megloveskyle said…
Spiderman Spiderman..If he can't do it no one can! They are too cool. I hope they keep spitting out more and more.
一年多以前 LisaForde said…
blush
Hated it ,absolute rubbish no offennse but what happened to MJ in this ,so vulgar and bitchy all the time
一年多以前 axemnas said…
I thought spidey 3 was disapointing
一年多以前 hovergirl258 said…
crying
compared to the other two this movie made me want to cry
一年多以前 TheGodfather said…
meh
Yeah, let's hope they don't destroy the villain in Spider-man 4. As for Spider-man 3, either Venom or Sandman could have been the only Spidey villain. The whole emo-symbiote concept was horrible. Next time, do more thorough research into doing a comic book character.