Science Fiction The 日 the Earth Stood Still (2008)

TheCountess posted on Jan 27, 2008 at 07:49AM
I can't believe that they're attempting to remake this 1951 sci-fi classic :( I, for one, will NOT go to see it. The original is one of my all time favorite movies, and I'm sticking to it!

They're filming in Vancouver and expect the film to be released in mid-December 2008....
Here's the link to the article for anyone that's interested...

Exclusive: Cleese Stands Still
Monty Python vet joins Keanu in sci-fi remake.
link

Science Fiction 11 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 Cammie said…
I'm with you,Countess! They've remade War of the Worlds, The Blob & Invaders From Mars and none of them even came close to the orginals. I wonder what Dr. D.'s view is on this ?!
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
I'm sure we'll see on one spot or the other.
一年多以前 Jillywinkles said…
I will probably rent it and watch it once it comes out on dvd...I know it will be horrible but I am always too curious, and I have to watch it just to see how it is.
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
I think I read somewhere that they're going to be doing a remake of 'Forbidden Planet' too. :(
一年多以前 izf said…
HEY IM JUST HERE BECUASE UM IT WAS AT THAT SCIENCE FICTION AND SOME1 SAID COME HERE SO IM GOING 2 JOIN I GUESS IF SOME1 WANTS ME 2 LEAVE I WILL THOUGH PLACE HEY CAN SOME1 HERE JOIN "gianT MONSTERS" PLZ
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 izf said…
I MEAN I KNO "gianT MONSTERS" ISNT THAT GOOD BUT CANT SOME1 JOIN BESIDES THE PPL I CAN CALL

AND HOW DO ADD LINKS TO THE REPLYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 izf said…
I THINK THE ORIGANALS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER

EVERY THING IN THE 30'S-70'S R THE BEST ACEPT FOR A FEW OCASIONS LIKE GIANT MONSTER MOVIES ILL ALWAYS LIKE THOSE NO MATTER HOW CHEESY OR HOW PERFECT
一年多以前 Snowflake723 said…
smile
To izf: please observe internet etiquette "NO BAD LANGUAGE" and you will not be edited and other people will be able to understand you. THANK YOU!!!
一年多以前 Snowflake723 said…
smile
To TheCountess: I once felt the same as you do. They were remaking Batman and I really did not want to see it. But I changed my mind after seeing it. I also have seen all the other reincarnations including "The Dark Knight"(which I saw on one of the permium channels). Now I can say that the first 2 was the best and Michael Keaton's performance as Batman is the best. I really did not like "The Dark Knight". So before you make a snap desision check out the movie and then decide if it's good or bad. However,there are actors who make the charactors so good that you can not see anyone else as that charactor, exsample: Lucy Lawless as Xena, Jane Seymore as Dr. Quinn, Michael Keaton as Batman,Kevin Sorbo as Hercules. But I would try and see the remake and judge from there.
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
wink
Thanks for sharing your view on this Snowflake723. :)
In some cases I do give remakes a try, but with these two I'm not going to budge. They were perfect to me, and sometimes with all of the FX added by Hollywood, that just takes away from the story.
I also feel the same way as you do about some characters. Maybe that's part of it too.
一年多以前 jand26 said…

( :

Hello TheCountess . . .

Should there be an eternal future for God to eternally Create, that ( could equal ) c = that a story could last, should there be a re - make.

Don't think that : The Day The Earth Stood Still c = the last story. Ha ha.

Christmas c = on the way.

Hope you have a merry one.

( :