随机角色扮演 Crown of Thorns (Please Join!)

-Universe_COLA- posted on Jun 19, 2016 at 03:17AM
A power for the petty...for the pitiful,
A strength for the weak...the broken,
A path for the lost,
A crown....for the wicked.

*****************************************­

"I....refuse! I will not be made to place my head at the foot of thy lesser creations! To be put to my knees as but a servant in the act of shedding my glory, my righteousness, to THEM! The wingless and fragile! Ones who hath not the privilege to stand in the light of glory. As the one above the many, you dare to mock me with your cause!? To ask me to bow and become forsaken at the feet of they!?"

"They, those whom the love of mine is everlasting for, are my praise in the image but forth. Thus, they came to be in image. Thou art worthy to receive glory and honor and power from I. Hath thy no selflessness?

"Selflessness!?". A word in opposition and question, spat at the holder of the throne in a bitter disgust. "As we were to bring harmonies to the ears of thee!? Are we to lie our heads to the soil in praise of inferiority!? If that shall be thy's truth, then the power of thee has right in my hands! Thy crown belongs upon my head! ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of HIM; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High!--". Thus, the most beautiful light of them all that rested above the stars, was banished to a sphere of blue and green where life was given to beings known as....man. It's light twisted and darkened in its fall, and in its falling, one-third of the purest of stars fell all the same.
----

Wicked. Deceptive. Corruptive. Envious. Prideful. Rebellious. Vengeful. A serpent crept into the light of paradise, a land where mankind were to be shepherds to all beasts. And there, serpent found the creation that belittled his existence. There, corruption began.

"Did the Highest One really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

And to the serpent's words, a woman answered. "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but the Highest One did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

[i]“You will not certainly die, for He knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like Him, knowing good and evil.”

-
“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head, break your crown,
and you will strike his heel.”

-
Billions of years ago, the Earth was created. Billions of years ago, the stars above the stars fell to Earth and with them, an evil that humanity now bares.
----

[Plot]:
A myth almost exists among humanity that there is a artifact that can grant the unimaginable. One that has been in the hands of many. Kings and queens, presidents, and many more. A crown of thorns. THE, Crown of Thorns. A crown said to be one of corruption and pride. Deception. One of power and greed. A crown that was said to contain a fraction of Hell itself. But overall, a crown that gives a unfathomable power to whoever's head it is sat upon. It's been said to contain the ability to grant any and all desires. A power that is craved. This power has made its mark in history permanent through the many years. Now the whereabouts of this artifact is unknown in this age, but there is said to be secrets to finding it. Locations in codes that have yet to be revealed. But even if this myth is just that, there has been recent rumors of the crown itself actually existing, and myth or not, the price that it holds in currency is well enough worth the find. The search for this artifact is a journey indeed, but in whose hands will it fall into?

*Note*: Adventurers, archaeologists, and even some higher authorities and organizations are in search of this artifact. To some, it is definitely something to kill for. There are also "unnatural forces" in search for it, so keep an eye out! (Yes, both Angels AND Demons will have a role in this!)
*****************************************­**

[Character Sheet]

Name:

Age/Date of Birth:

Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

Personality:

Occupation?(optional):
Reasons/Motives for your search?:
Biography:
-----------------------------------------­

**RULES**
1. No god modding: I would prefer a person's character to not be invincible and or untouchable. It makes things rather bland.

2. Cooperation: I enjoy building a good and interesting story with people, and from experience I can say that no one likes to be left hanging. SO, to prevent that, cooperation is always needed. Discussions involving with certain parts of the plot will be included.

3. Character Death: Death is something to be expected of course. You don't go to a horror movie and expect no one to die do you? Further more, its an everyday thing, so I'd advise having more than one character to commit to plot. And no, no one may kill off anyone else's character without permission or discussion first.

4. The Crown of Thorns: This....well, this is going to be something very big. (To Be Revealed.)

5. Content: For progression's sake, I don't exactly encourage one sentence, or "one liners" unless it's absolutely, positively inevitable because I...write alot. So atleast three sentences minimum.

(That's all I guess. But there will be an update to these rules if need be.)

'

[i]A power for the petty...for the pitiful, A strength for the weak...the broken, A path for the l
last edited on Jun 19, 2016 at 03:46AM

随机角色扮演 169 回复

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 169

一年多以前 -Universe_COLA- said…
UPDATE!!!:(I will have my characters up as soon as possible, maybe a little later on after I can get some sleep and a cup of coffee in my system after I wake up, but nonetheless, I'll DEFINITELY have three characters at the most! Looking forward to a great time! Goodniiight!!)
(First character up! I thought I would've been on earlier but better late than never right?)
*****************************************­***­*

Name: Myles Harber

Age/Date of Birth: 20/October 2nd

Height: 5 ft 8
Weight: 180 pounds
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brown

Personality
Myles is known to be understanding at times, kind, funny, mischievous, but in contrast, a little immature. He is an avid fan of classic rock, country, and a mix of new age music. Many of his aliases have included the names of famous rock musicians. He is known to use crude humor and sexual innuendos when the opportunity presents itself. Even though Myles may keep himself in excellent physical shape, he is known to have very bad eating habits. He enjoys greasy, fattening or otherwise unhealthy food, especially cheeseburgers and donuts, and dismisses salads, as "Rabbit food". Ironically, even with Myle's tough demeanor he is terrified of flying and claims that it is the reason why he drives everywhere.
Myles typically avoids any emotional intimacy, preferring to engage with women only as sexual partners. However, he has had a few long term relationships over the years. There was a point in time that he seemed to give up on ever having a family other than his brother. After the last relationship, which ended in a rather dull and ironic sense, Myles was reluctant to get back into his old routine of "New Town, New Girl". He enjoys the uncomplicated things in life, such as good food, gaming, and television. He almost constantly displays some level of humorous behavior, and frequently makes light of tense situations. He sometimes appears foolish due to this habit, but this seems to be merely his means of dealing with his stresses in life. At times, most likely when to much stress is build up or when angered, he is nearly emotionless, and at times, ruthless. He HATES being lied to or backstabbed.
Myles has had, on multiple occasions, a soft spot for children, he is also very good with them, able to talk to them with ease, and he is always very sympathetic.
When there's an opportunity for him to learn something new about the old, he's often the first to take it, which is why he's taking college courses for archaeology.

Likes: Myles has a strong taste for donuts that is only rivaled by his curiosity for the old and ancient as well as his love for a car that he received from his father on his 17th birthday. He actually has a general liking for cars period, particularly the fast ones. Horror movies and action films is something else that likes. Video games and the sweet sound of a electric guitar are top tier "likes" for him.

Dislikes: "Those fucking planes man....the one day that I might decide to take my chances on one is the one day that the plane will decide to crash! Nope! Nah uh, not goin' for it!", "Butterflies...are freakin creepy...", "You fuck with my car and both my fist and my foot with fuck with your face, got it punk!?", "And there you go again, lying through your fucking teeth!"

Occupation?(optional): "A clerk....at a boring ass convenient store..."

Reasons/Motives for your search?: "It's the oldest thing that I've heard of so far...I need the money. That, and what if all of those BS myths are true? It's worth the shot right?"

Biography: (To Be Revealed!)
 (First character up! I thought I would've been on earlier but better late than never right?) *******
一年多以前 BanetteGhosneir said…
((note, i think this char might be a bit too stronk, tell me if she needs a Nerf)

Name: Avaritia, but she likes to be called 'Greed'

Age/Date of Birth: a mere few thousands/6th June

Height: 1.55M (5 feet)
Weight: 50Kg (110 pounds)
Eye Color: Sky Blue (47,62,163)
Hair Color: Light Cyan (211,230,228)

Personality: (I'm leaving this blank, my brain will auto make her one once the rp starts)

Greed likes it when her curse gives an easier way for things to happen, she also likes it when people looking for the crown don't find her and find out about her curse.

Dislikes:
when people find out her curse, and worse even: When people use her.

Because of her curse, she is forced to assist ANY looking for the crown.

Reasons/Motives for your search?: Read her Biography, it's explained there.

Biography:
she doesn't look like it, but she's a Demon, not the original sin of Greed mind you, she just likes that nickname cause she's named after the original greed sin, she is actually not even a Sin, She's the Demon of Help... not a very scary demon huh.

Well, i'll explain why she's the 'Demon of Help', she has a sort of Power, a Primary Curse, out of her pockets she can pull anything out, problem is when she pulls out is not dependant apon her choice. whatever she pulls out is what is deemed 'helpful', it gives you what you [NEED], not what you [WANT], and mind you it doesn't directly give you what you need, for example, say if you're starving and you ask her to help, out of her pocket she won't pull food, she'll pull things like string or rope, for YOU to set a trap, or make a Bow to hunt. if gives you what you need, not what you want. Another problem is, her Curse has a mind of it's own, sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it just thinks you need to push off.

now, for her secondary curse, to explain why she has a 2nd curse i'll tell you a bit about her during her lil' demon years.

As a child, she pissed off SO MANY DEMONS, she made so many of them pissed beyond all recognition of rage, hell even the original sin of anger would be proud, but one day it went too far, hell was sick of her, and they decided to embrace her little 'helpfulness', giving her another curse.

she is forced, to assist any looking for the crown that specifically request for her help to find it. problem is, if 2 people ask, she doesn't get to decide, it depends on their resolve, the one with greater resolve will receive her assistance, whether she likes it or not.

she's been stuck on earth for a few thousand years, she's helped humans, they've come and gone, many searching for the crown, none succeeding... yet.
last edited 一年多以前
 ((note, i think this char might be a bit too stronk, tell me if she needs a Nerf) [b]Name:[/b] Ava
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
((Is it okay if I make a human, an angel and a demon? I can't choose XD))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Valentina Maryam

Age/Date of Birth: Around 5000/August 26

Height: 5"2
Weight: 128
Eye Color: Lavender
Hair Color: Turquoise

Personality: Cold and distant. Often blunt. Nearly emotionless. In fact, it seems the only emotion she is capable of feeling is envy. She takes after her older sister in that regard. Fiercely loyal.

Likes: Funnily enough, for a demon, she quite likes animals. Whether they're small and fuzzy or large and sleek, it doesn't matter. She likes for things to go her way. She likes the night sky, and darkness. But she adores her sister. Practiacally worships the ground she walks on.

Dislikes: Despite frequently manipulating others, she hates being manilupated, thinking herself too smart for that. She also hates humans. Weak, pathetic creatures, they are. But more than anything else, she hates those who would seek to harm or oppose her sister.

Occupation?(optional): She doesn't exactly have one, unless you count running errands for her sister.

Reasons/Motives for your search?: Simple; her sister wants it, so she's going to get it.

Biography: Demon families weren't exacty close; the young were often left to fend for themselves, and the parents typically just did as they pleased. Valentina's family was no different in that regard. What made them a bit different was the fact that Valentina still had someone to look out for her; her half sister, the original sin of Envy.

Envy didn't raise Valentina out of love; that was an emotion she was incapable of feeling, among many others. She did it because she was smart. She knew it was a good idea to have people loyal to her. People who would do whatever she wanted, no questions asked. Peoplle who were loyal for loyalty's sake, not out of fear.

That's exactly what Valentina was. A loyal, unwavering soldier who did what she was told, when she was told to do it. So, when her sister told her to find the Crown of Thorns, she set out immediately, no questions asked.
 ((Is it okay if I make a human, an 天使 and a demon? I can't choose XD)) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Name: Artemis Hunter

Age/Date of Birth: 19/March 13

Height: 5"3
Weight: 126
Eye Color: Grey
Hair Color: White (bleached)

Personality: ((This will develop once we start))
Dislikes: Storms terrify her, and she isn't exactly fond of the dark either. She also hates being taken advantage of.

Occupation?(optional): None; she gets everything she needs from her family.
Reasons/Motives for your search?: To save her brother.

Biography: She was lucky enough to be born into a rich family, the Hunters, who made their fortune off of their security business. Because this was what her family was known for, she was of course taught how to fight, learning hand to hand combat and mastering the use of a pistol by the age of eleven, though she very rarely used either, and never in a real fight.

When she turned thirteen, her younger brother, then only five, was diagnosed with a fatal disease. Luckily, they caught it and operated early enough to save him. But not permanently.

The disease came back five years later, and by then, there was no saving him. Her family tried everything they could, but it was clear that only a miracle could save him now.

And that's when news of the Crown of Thorns emerged. Artimis made up her mind not long after; if it was a miracle they needed, then she'd find a miracle. She snuck out of the house that night, and began her hunt for the Crown.
 Name: Artemis Hunter Gender: Female Age/Date of Birth: 19/March 13 Height: 5"3 Weight: 126
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Name: Jahoel

Age/Date of Birth: Young; only 384 years/July 20

Height: 6"0
Weight: 165
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Blonde

Personality: ((Again, it will develop once we start))
Dislikes: Gambling and gossip. He doesn't dislike children, but they make him feel uncomfortable. And there's nothing he hates more than alcohol.

Occupation?(optional): Tasked with watching over humans
Reasons/Motives for your search?: He was instructed to do so.

Biography: He remembers nothing before his life as an angel. He's not even sure if he existed before that. As far as he was concerned, one day he wasn't, and the next, he simply existed, already fully drown and developed, both physically and mentally.

On the day of his creation, he was tasked with watching over all humans on earth, ensuiring that their lives went as planned. This included ensuring lives ended when they were supposed to.

Jahoel quite liked his job. He liked watching the humans; he found them fascinating. He didn't even mind when they had to die, for then he knew the good would rise to heaven, and those who had lived bad lives would descend to where they could no longer torment others.

Yes, he quite liked his job. Which was why he had mixed feelings about his change in instructions. Now, instead of simply watching, he had to go to earth himself. He had to find the Crown of Thorns, which was shielded even from heaven's eyes, and he had to return with it to heaven. It would be total carnage if humans were to find it first. It would ruin the plan. He couldn't allow that to happen.
 Name: Jahoel Gender: Male Age/Date of Birth: Young; only 384 years/July 20 Height: 6"0 Weig
(Awesome! I'll have another one or two characters up when I get the chance! Thanks for joining!)

(BanetteGhosneir, that's actually a pretty interesting ability for a demon if I may say so myself. But just to make things fair, only a minor NERF will be needed. Say, the ability chooses when it wants to operate and or be useful?)

(Kat-chan, yes, yes you may lol. But may I note that the beginning of the Rp will be centered more around the human characters until the adventure starts (p.s.:That wont take long, I promise!).)

(Also, there will be updates on acquired information and extra details from time to time as the Rp progresses, so keep on the look out!)
Name: Banthrol

Age/Date of Birth: Around 3000/January 1st

Height: 6 ft
Weight: 200 pounds
Eye Color: Silver-Blue
Hair Color: Purple-Blue

Personality: (This May Change)
Banthrol initially expresses almost no emotion towards humans, and has little room for disobedience or feelings, as he was driven to follow his order.

Likes: Banthrol has a hint of pride when it comes to the Order created by his grand superior.

Dislikes: Disobedience and Demons

Occupation?(optional): None

Reasons/Motives for your search?: Banthrol's reason for searching for the crown is to keep it out of the grasps of both human and demon, as well as angel-kind alike. He perceives that if the humans get their hands on something of that caliber of evil, then the Earth will be put in peril. If the demons get to the crown, then the realms of Earth and Heaven will be in danger of being destroyed all together. So he seeks to find it and destroy it, therefore cleansing something as vile as the Crown of Thorns from existence.

Biography: There was a time where there was no light, and there was no dark. A void of time and space in which he has no memory of. And then it happened. A beautiful flash of light sparked among the stars of Heaven, and thus, Banthrol was born into creation, wings as pure as salt, the blue of his eyes a mystery. And for thousands of years he watched over humankind without understanding, never once interacting with them in even the smallest ways. Until word of the Crown of Thorns began to spread throughout heaven like a raging flame burning the leaves of forest trees. And so his journey to Earth, begins....
last edited 一年多以前
 [b]Name[/b]: Banthrol [b]Gender[/b]: Male [b]Age/Date of Birth[/b]: Around 3000/January 1st
((Allright, i nerfed her power by making it Semi-Sentient, her power sometimes doesn't work cause it doesn't want to, and it might dislike people so it gives them something like they need to push off))
(I truly appreciate the cooperation! I'm starting to like this site more than I thought already! Also, pertaining to the Angels and Demons, their capabilities will definitely be explained further and added to a "Information" section along the way, which is why I decided to center the beginning of this Rp around the human characters first.

(Also, I've developed an interesting take on how we'll work through story progression along with a legitimate adventure to find the Crown of Thorns.)

(And now, I have one question.......---
ARE YOU GUYS READY TO ROCK!?!?)
((I'm ready to roll, :3))
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
((Ready whenever you are! Though I should warn, I'm in exams right now, so I may not be on much for this week))
(LOVE IT! Let's get this rock rollin then!)
(Exams...I know the feeling. Noted!)

From the pale grey clouds above, light rain pelted the hood of a slightly rusted black 1967 Mustang Shelby Gt500, going almost 70 miles per hour, as it swerved passed what little traffic I-99 had to offer in Kansas. Thunder rolled itself a carpet of sound throughout the sky, its presence rumbling for a moment over the pitter-pattering of Tuesday's unexpected precipitation. But neither the rain or the thunder disturbed who was in the driver's seat of this vehicle as the music from its recently installed CD playing radio blared from the inside. Pink Floyd's "Time" from 1973 was blaring at full volume. "Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day!" The voice of none other than Myles Harber synced with its rhythm, his fingers tapping against the worn out and tattered material of the steering wheel with beat of the drums. He nodded along with the simple yet legendary chords of the guitar between the short pause. "Fritter and waste, the hours in an offhand way!" Finally, his 15 hour drive from Georgia was coming to an end, and he was now on his way back to his home in Topeka, Kansas. In all, it had been a 30 hour drive. From Topeka, through Kansas City and Columbia, then through Nashville, Tennessee where he took his first stop at a sort of rugged hotel after his 5th Monster energy drink and the 9 cheeseburgers he had along the way. The following morning, he continued his drive straight to the University of Georgia, where he went to pick up a few documents and tips (that pertained to the latest discussion between archaeologists as well as some extra) from an old professor that had had a few useful ties with his father. However, these weren't just any old papers and book information. These documents were based on completely reliable research resources about something that could change his life all together, and yes. Something about an ancient artifact that is said to be so old that if it were to be discovered, then it would be worth the find. And the best part about this was that it was right down his alley of interest. Old stuff, ancient stuff, anything that was as old, or older perhaps, as the dust of the dinosaur age. Who would of new that something that was said to be only some sort of religious myth/tale could actually have a chance of being REAL. Legitimate. The only problem was that the possible location of this object was just about non-existent to the people who actually cared. And at the moment, he didn't know much about this "artifact" himself except that he kept hearing "The Crown of Thorns" as its name. But what he DID have in his conscious was that he was going to have to do a shit ton of research and find out whatever he could about it.

Myles looked to his left when a dusty looking pickup truck's horn began to honk angrily as he stepped on the gas to cut in front of it. Who he assumed was the truck's owner, a hefty nearly bald fellow with a grease stain on the collar of his shirt, seemed to be yelling something at him out of the window and man, did he look pissed. Which brought a grin to Myles's face and encouraged him to roll down the window and give the guy a big and well enough defined "Fuck you" finger while yelling more lyrics from the song at the top of his lungs. "Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain, And you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today, And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun!!" Then he stepped on the gas and left the miserable man in the dust.
---------------------

(I don't know what type of posts you guys are used to, so I did my best to keep it at a minimum length wise just in case.)

(Also, I was thinking that we could have our characters bump into one another some way. Which brings the question, Banette are you going to have a human character as well? Or we could have our Angels interact in heaven for a bit if you'd like.)
last edited 一年多以前
((I was not planning on a human, i was planning on an Angel though))
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU­UUU­UUU­UUU­UUU­UUU­UUU­UUU­UUU­UUU­UUU­CK"
Greed walking along a human 'road' was getting boiled from the sun, not to mention she was barefoot. wearing only her hoodie to hide her tiny horns, and black long-cargo pants, pockets to pull things from her 'curse' with.

"C'MON! I NEED SOME WATER HERE!"
she shoved her hand into her right pocket, and pulled out... nothing, her Curse wasn't feelin' too helpful right now.
"USELESS SHITTY CURSE DAMNIT"

she knew there was a human city at the end of this road, there always is.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
It had been almost two weeks since Artemis had left home. She knew that by now her family would be looking for her. And they were very good at finding people, whether you wanted to be found or not. She had been hopping from motel to motel to avoid detection, never staying in one place for more then two nights.

Still, it likely wouldn't be much longer before they found her. And it didn't help that she was leaving a credit trail everywhere she went.

On top of all that, she wasn't making any progress in her search for the crown. She had read articles, searched books, watched documentaries and news programs, and was still no closer to figuring out it's location than she had been when she left home. The cluelessness was frusterating, to say the least.

Sighing, she shouldered her backpack as she headed on foot towards the next nearest motel. She had crammed everything she had suspected she would need into the bag before leaving home; a few changes of clothes, a computer with all her notes, her phone and credit card and - of course - her pistol. She had a pocket-knife tucked safely into her pocket too, though she wished she had thought to bring one of her daggers from home too. Unfortunately, she hadn't, so this would have to do.
While continuing on his drive, the rain had cleared along the way and the thought of what he would find out from the documents itched at his anticipation. With only a few more miles to go until he reached home, Myles reached his hand over towards the passenger's seat to salvage the last burger he had from a brown paper bag, only taking his eyes from the road for a few seconds to ensure that the documents that he had obtained weren't in the way. The bag itself had a few darker greasy spots staining it which really didn't matter because it was the food that he cared about anyways. But as soon as his fingers found the slightly grease dampened wrapper of what would be his lunch for today, he heard the sound of what sounded like scraping metal before a scratchy squealing noise made itself known. "Oh no...fucking NO! Don't you dare!" The sound was all to familiar after the first few....or rather numerous incidents. You see, even with some of the most recent replacements and well needed adjustments of the car such as the tires, windows, and door handles that got stuck every now and then, there were some aspects of the vehicle that he refused to change at all. One of those being the serpentine belt, which is what keeps the alternator, power steering pump, and the air conditioning. And it just so happened that the A/C inside the car began to rattle unnervingly. "Come oooon baby, come on!" He encouraged, rubbing his hand across the dashboard. But to his distaste, the signal lights shut off along with the radio and the car's speed began to go downhill. "SHIT." He mumbled as he petaled his foot on the brakes to bring the rotating wheels to a screeching stop, letting out a groan. He dropped his head against the steering wheel and sighed as he removed the mangled seat belt and opened the door. He guessed that it was a good thing he came somewhat prepared. Grabbing the paper bag from the passengers seat and the keys from the ignition, he got out and made his way around to the trunk, placing the bag on the top of his car as he did. If he could get the car moving again, he could atleast make it to a motel that he knew was close by and do a quick fix up there. Depending on if there was any damage done under the hood, he would have to stay the night, and he let out another groan knowing this. "You've gotta be freakin kiddin me..." He muttered while unlocking and opening the trunk.
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Artemis was finally starting to make some progress; at least, she was close enough to town that she could see that there was a town. It was still a little ways off though, and she was starting to get tired of walking.

Still, when she saw the man working on his car a bit of the way down the road, she hesitated. She could offer to help fix it. True, she didn't know the first thing about fixing cars, but she could still try something. And if they could get it working, maybe she could bum a ride. It looked like they were heading in the same general direction.

Still, though she was a bit naive, she wasn't completely ignorant of danger. This was a strange man. For all she knew, he was some kind of criminal or psycho.

But it wasn't like she was incapable of taking care of herself. Plus, her feet were starting to scream at her. Shouldering her bag uncertainly, she approached him.

"Sir? Do you need some help?" Even as she spoke, she slipped her hand into her pocket, just in case.
Myles rummaged through his trunk for a few moments and was able to find his toolbox after a few seconds of shoving old CDs and fluidless lighters to the side. Sitting the toolbox on the ground beside his feet, he went back in to search for the portable radio that he always kept in the trunk, ironically, for times like these. He was the type of person that favored doing things in the company of music.

He jumped slightly at the sound of the speaking voice and somehow managed to hit the top of his head on the latch opening, grunting slightly and putting his hand over the pained area. "Goddammit!" He rubbed his head in attempt to ease the pain as he turned around only to be greeted with the sight of a woman who was roughly about 6 inches shorter than himself with first glance observation. He looked her up and down for a moment.

"Depends...do dwarves know anything about fixin' cars?" He asked in a somewhat joking manner, patting the side of the car with his hand while pulling the radio out the rest of the way with his free hand.
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Artimis crossed her arms, somewhat offended. She knew that she wasn't exactly tall, but she still didn't appreciate being mocked for it.

"I'd imagine some do." she responded after a moment. "For the record, a dwarf is someone who's 4"10 or shorter, which I'll have you know I'm not. So if you were trying to imply that I'm a dwarf, check your facts first."

She shook her head, still somewhat annoyed, then uncrossed her arms with a sigh. "Look, do you want help or not? I don't know much about cars, but I'm a fast learner if you need a hand. Otherwise I still have a bit of a way to walk before it gets dark out."
Myles grinned a little at her supposed agitation. "Woooohooohooo, feisty too. So you're a semi midget then. Nice. Well, if your as serious as you sound pipsqueak, then I guess some help'll be useful." He said with a shrug before picking up his toolbox. He shut the trunk and made his way around to the front of the car to pop the hood, stopping briefly to put the radio up on the hood to accompany the paper bag while he opened the driver side door, leaning in to grab a Bon Jovi CD out of the glove compartment. When he emerged, he closed the door and opened the slot on the radio.

"Hope ya like good music." He says before placing the disk inside and turning the radio on, then pressing the "play" arrow. The song "Living on a Prayer" started off the playlist, and he went to the front of the car with the toolbox to open up the hood. "Tommy used to work on the docks. Union's been on strike, he's down on his luck, it's tough..." He sung along quietly.

When he opened the hood, a thin snake of smoke slithered into the air. "Alright baby, lets get you fixed up!" He popped open the toolbox and pulled out a pair of old construction gloves along with a pair of newer looking ones. "Catch!" He said, tossing the newer pair over to the girl.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Caught off guard, Artemis stumbled, barely managing to catch the gloves. She slid her backpack off her back and left it by the trunk before joining the man by the hood of his car, peering uncertainly down at all the machinery. She was no expert, but she was pretty sure it wasn't supposed to smoke like that.

"So, um, do you know what's wrong with it?" she questioned, glancing over to the man. Judging by how worn his gloves were, he had worked on this car quite a few times before.
"Serpentine belt's loose." Myles responded, fanning at the smoke in hopes of clearing it out of the way, which actually worked a little for the most. "At least that's what I hope is all it is this time." He added. But even so, there wasn't a trace of "unsure" in his voice when he spoke. This was mainly because whatever the problem was with this car, he knew he would be able to fix it with a little time as long as it wasn't anything major with the engine. THAT, would take days.

After a minute of fanning the smoke out of the way, he took a breath in and exhaled. "Alright, so since I can pretty much tell that you know zero to zip about fixing a vehicle of any sort, I'll point out the basics. Mostly so you don't blow the both of us to pieces by making a zero to zip mistake." He begins. "Okay, so this his the engine block, a 5.0 L Coyote 435 hp V8, and I know you probably have no idea in any amounts of hell what that is but that's A-Okay." He then pointed his finger to a part of the engine. "This is the pressure regulator, and these are the cylinder heads, fuels rails, and intake pipes." He says, pointing to each part as he named them. "Keepin up so far short stuff?"
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Artemis shot him an annoyed look. "Would you quit it with the short jokes already?" she questioned, her irritation plain in her voice. "Seriously; I'm not the tallest person around, I get it."

She paused, taking a breath to subdue her anger. "Okay, yes, engine block, pressure regulator, cylinder heads, fuel rails, intake pipes. Got it. What else do I need to know?"
"One second--" Myles said, putting up a finger, interrupting his walkthrough of the engine's parts to sang along to a chorus of the playing song while playing an air guitar. "Wo-ooo, we're halfway there--Wo-oo! We're livin' on a prayer. Take my hand, we'll make it I swear--Wo-oo! We're livin' on a prayer!"

"And just for the record, that one wasn't a joke. I just dunno your name yet." He said actually as he fanned at the small string of smoke that began to rise up into the air again before finally continuing. "That's the intake manifold", he points over to the slightly curved steel cylinder, "And those over there are the pistons and distributor."

Kneeling down, he removed 3 Crow's foot wrenches and 3 sockets. "These are gonna help us with the problem. They're basically gonna help deliver the grip we need to get pulley tensioners moving. Crafted from durable alloyed steel, the bar and extension deliver plenty of torque. Its designed to give a firm hold and the bar itself has a dipped handle that'll give us a solid grip. Still followin' along?"
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
"Uh, mostly, yes." Artemis replied, squinting skeptically at the engine block. She understood the key points of what he was saying, even if she was a bit fuzzy on some of the details.

She tore her eyes away from the engine for a moment and turned her gaze to him instead. "For future reference, the name's Artemis Hunter." she finally introduced herself.
"Like, DC Artemis or Greek Mythology Artemis?" Myles joked, and as he did, Bon Jovi's "Runaway" began to play from the radio. Unlike "Living on a Prayer", this was one of those songs that he would rather just listen to than chime in. "Anyways I'm Myles Harber. Nice to meet ya." He glanced over at her for a moment before looking back to the engine. He twisted one of the shorter sockets onto the longest wrench.

"So, what brings such a hot pocket like you all the way out here? And why the bloody diseased hell are you walking if you don't mind me askin'?" He asked while tightening the socket onto the wrench with and testing the amount of grip it had.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Hot pocket? That was a new one. Was that supposed to be a complement? She'd ignore it for now.

"I'm kind of just looking for something." Artemis explained as vaguely as possible, watching him work as she spoke. She shrugged before continuing. "Don't have a car, so I can't drive. And I'm trying not to pay for anything that isn't absolutely essential, so that kind of rues out buses and taxis. Which leaves walking."
"Well that sucks. That sucks a lot. Like a leech....or a mosquito...or a prostitute." Myles laughed as he leaned down towards the engine for a few seconds. "Looking for somethin' eh?-", He paused for a moment as he started twisting at a large screw that was just a little to the right of the valves. "Must be real important to have you walkin' this far to find it. Either that, or its just that hard to find."

He leaned back up for a moment and gazed at her for a moment. "But I guess since I'm not a complete asshole and or wipe, you won't have to worry about walking the rest of the way. "I gotta make a stop in town anyways, so I wouldn't mind givin' you lift." He said before checking the engine again. "HAH! Just what I thought it was!" He leaned further down into the car and reached his hand a little passed the engine block to the right, being careful not to let it come in contact with his arm. Because that shit would hurt...alot. "The serpentine belt, aka the driver belt, is being a dick again." He says, closing his left eye when a little smoke drifted into it.
一年多以前 Hades_Shadow said…
Name: Antonio Bianche

Age/Date of Birth: December 25th

Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 210 in muscle
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown

Personality: he is very charismatic, but not friendly to those in his way
Likes: Family, Friends, Puzzles, Traditions, his Rapier and Main Gauche
Dislikes: Hunters, Relic finders, people with guns.

Reasons/Motives for your search: to prevent others from searching, making false trails.
Biography: Antonio grew up under great parentage. Being from a motor company they were very well set. His Ancestors belonged to a group called "Cavalieri della Corona" or Knights of the Crown. They are ancient protectors charged by the first pope of Rome to protect the location of A Map, the first real clue in finding The Crown. They have been creating the clue chains for centuries, and use them to see when someone tries to find the crown, and then send them away on a false path. Antonio, now of age, is a Knight, and is using his Grand Fathers Rapier as his weapon of choice.
last edited 一年多以前
Greed had stopped... up ahead was what she could identify as a human vehicle... it was smoking though... she really didn't feel like dealing with that, especially if the humans were dead.

she crossed over the road to the opposite side of the car, so she could try to walk past without bothering them. and she continued walking.
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Artemis sighed with relief at the news that she wouldn't have to walk the rest of the way to town, only to snap back to attention at Myles's sudden exclamation. So he had found the source of the problem. If she had to guess, she'd say that he had dealt with a similar problem many times before, which would explain how dirty the gloves were.

"Okay, so...how do we fix it?" she questioned, fanning away some of the smoke drifting from the engine. She knew the names of the parts now, but that didn't exactly tell her what to do when something stopped working.
"I gotta put the put the belt back on track. That'll involve a little quirking but no biggie." Myles responded, not looking up at all, but digging in his back pocket and pulling out his keys. "Simple and easy enough. Here, hop in the drivers seat and crank the car when I say go." He held the keys out to her while continuing to mess around with a few of the screws for the time being to see if they were tightened enough.

"The fuck.,...?" There was a pause in his movement for a few seconds. "Hey, mind grabbing the pliers for me while you're at it?" He asked as he tapped the wrench that he had against the engine block a few times. The first few times it sounded metallic, as it was supposed to. But as he did so in different areas of the engine block, the sound began to become empty. He groaned. "Uuuuuuugh---DAMN IT!" He jerked to the left slightly as his unprotected area a little above his elbow came in contact with the steaming hot metal.

一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Artemis watched him curiously for a moment before taking the keys and mmoving to grab the pliers, though she didn't miss his sudden jerk. "You okay? What happened?" she questioned with slight concern as she handed him the pliers. He hadn't gone and hurt himself, had he?
"Nothin! Just a little run in with some REALLY hot metal, but everything's good!" Myles answered from under the hood as he dropped the wrench down into the toolbox (which would seem like dumb luck that it actually landed in the right place if it weren't for the fact that he had done it so many times already) and waved his hand around the air until he felt the pliers in her hands. "Looks like might have a little extra to do this time too. But that'll be done and done before you know it."

Taking the tool into his possession, he reached down to where he could get his hands on the serpentine belt and clamped the pliers around the middle area. "Alright, get ready to crank'er up!"
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Artemis raised an eyebrow. She didn't think it would be quite that easy to fix, but, hey, shat did she know. Shrugging, she hopped into the driver's seat and slipped the key into the ignition, turning it and starting up the car.
Myles jumped back in surprise, almost dropping the pliers down into the as the serpentine belt whipped itself frantically at the sudden attempt to start of the car. "Turn it off! Turn it off! I said on my signal!" He called over the clinging metal against metal inside the hood of the car. He felt something moist sliding down his chin and wiped his face with a gloved finger, only to find that it was blood. The damn thing had cut him! "Shit!" He cursed over the sound of the Bon Jovi still playing.
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
Eyes widening in surprise, Artemis quickly flipped the key again, shutting the car back down. She hopped back out of the car, hurrying over to Myles.

"Oh, shit, you're bleeding!" she gasped, concern and guilt plain on her face. "I'm so sorry, I misheard you, and I guess I just... oh my God, are you okay?"
Greed was glad she sneaked by, she could hear the human scream in anger... she stopped as she heard a flop, out of her pocket fell a first aid kit.
"....you want me to go help him don't you....... no."

some medical-use Alcohol dropped out of her pocket.
"stop it, i'm not helping them"

more begun to fall out, bandages, band aids, antibiotics.
"FINE"

she turned back, standing on the opposite side of the road again, not sure if she should call out or goto him.

she decided to call out, incase they didn't want help.
"HEY! YOU OK? YOU NEED HELP?"
she could see the blood on his head.
"YOU'RE BLEEDING"
"Yeah yeah, I'm good." Myles said, surprisingly giving a grin. "See? Told you dwarves--I mean, semi-midgets couldn't fix cars." He joked casually with a small laugh, wiping his arm across his cheek as if it were only a smudge of dirt, which practically did nothing but smear the blood a good bit. The cut itself was almost gash like and deep enough for blood to start trickling out of it again.

He glanced in puzzlement over to the sound of yet another girl's voice across the street. This must've been a very lucky unfortunate day for him to just be running into people. And what was up with everyone walking!? With a small observation, he noticed that the girl ironically had the items that he was pretty sure he needed at the moment, though he would usually just get a wet cloth and call it a day. "I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to do something when stuff like this happens right!?" He called back with a hint of sarcasm. "Yeah! Some help would be great!"
Greed sighed, she picked up the alcohol, bandages and first aid kit... how the hell does her curse like others, but not her. she crossed over the street, getting closer to the humans, Jesus the guy was tall, the girl was almost as short as her.

Greed out down the kit and rest of the stuff, she looked at the male's head, obviously place of injury.
she gave him a little chuckle
"hurt anywhere else? an' how'd you manage that?"
she asked, picking up and opening the first aid kid, and the alcohol.
last edited 一年多以前
"Semi-midgets and a car." Myles answered as if it were an everyday thing to be attacked by a serpentine belt that just so happened to be caused by someone who was inches shorter than himself. "Groovy right? But no, just the face, where an ungrateful car part decided to bite the hand that feeds it. Or in this case, the face obviously." He gave a chuckle. "Just a little accident though. Nothin' major."
(My replies will be slow, i'm at Trade right now)
"Semi-Midgets?"
Greed had to get on her tip toes to see the injury, a gash along his temple, nothing that serious, Greed knew first aid, since she had to take care of herself far too often.
"i Guess you mean your friend there" Greed tilted her head to motion toward the human female.
"Well, i'll need you to sit down so i can swab it, I'm Avaritia by the way. you can call me Greed"
Greed picked up a clean cloth form the kit, and held it over the open alcohol, quickly dipping it upside down and back right up to get some alcohol on the cloth.
(Noted, thanks for the heads up!)

"Greed? Would I be the first one to say that I dig the nickname even though it has potential but awesome amounts of oddness and mystery to it?" Myles asked with a sort of smile as he closed the hood of the car momentarily to sit down on it. He looked the girl he now knew as Avaritia up and down for a moment or so and whistled slightly in a complimenting way. "I'm Myles Harber, just throwing that out there. Nice to meetcha." He said while scratching his head.
last edited 一年多以前
Greed light tapped his hand.
"no scratching, you'll open the wound, nice to meet you too Myles, how about you missy?"
Greed held the cloth just above his wound.
"This is gunna sting a bit, but bite through it"
she then placed the cloth on the wound with some pressure, she didn't have alot of strength like normal demons, so it would be just like a normal human's.

she did notice him looking her up and down, she sorta hoped he wouldn't question the 2 triangles on her hood.
一年多以前 Kat-chan said…
"I'm not a semi-midget." Artemis huffed, crossing her arms. "My name's Artemis." she introuduced herself for Greed's sake. "I hope you don't mind my saying, but 'Greed' is a bit of an unusual nickname. Is there some sort of story behind it?" she questioned curiously as she watched the slightly smaller girl.
She couldn't really tell her she was named after the sin of greed...
"I've pissed off alot of people, stole a bunch of their shit, got named 'Greed' for the amount of stuff I've stole. I'm talkin' things from people's furniture straight up to a Jet Plane"

that story is only half true, she's stolen plenty of stuff, sure, but a jet plane? hell, the closest she's stolen to that is actually a helicopter, but she needed a story so she made one.

" what about you? your family a fan of the Greeks? and if you're not a Semi-Midget, then i'd guess i am."
greed remembers the Greek, crazy bunch of nuts.

after she had finished swabbing Myles' temple, she folded up the cloth and placed it next to him, out of the kit she pulled a bandage.
"Keep still now, ok?"
last edited 一年多以前
"You SO are!" Myles laughed when Artemis disclaimed what he had said. And since he was laughing, obviously the alcohol on the cloth didn't exactly bother him in the slightest. Sure, it did sting a bit, but other then that, he'd felt worse.

At the questioning of Avaritia's nickname, he raised an eyebrow. "Sheesh, be a little more straight to the point and push the lady over a cliff why don'tcha?" He said sarcastically before looking to 'Greed' as she gave the explanation behind her name. "So basically you're a hardcore theif? Well...at least you're honest about it right?" He said with a snort, making sure he was as still as possible. "And no...you would be a semi-dwarf, I'll have you know." He added, snickering. "So, is it a thing for hotpockets like you to be just...walking wherever you need to go or is it actually necessary?"
last edited 一年多以前
"Hotpocket? insult on height, compliment on appearance, weird mix. as for the walkin' I didn't think to steal a vehicle and attach it to the Jet Plane before i stole it."
More stories. really she just can't stay in one place, crazies either finding out about her horns, or crazies finding her trying to find the crown.

she started wrapping a bandage around Myles's head, making sure to cover the wound thoroughly.
BanetteGhosneir commented…
My break will be ending soon, so i'm replying as quickly as i can. 一年多以前
-Universe_COLA- commented…
Gotcha! I'll be sure not to go to far until 你 can get back to us. 一年多以前
"Insult? Eh, it was more of an observational joke." Myles said with a blink. "And is the ENTIRE bandage really necessary? Because I don't think I want to drive around looking like low budget mummified "Fast and the Furious" actor that was cropped out of a deleted scene." He paused for a moment. "Also....I highly doubt that you high jacked a Jet Plane. I mean come on, a jet plane? Seriously? Semi-dwarves are horrible liars..." When he spoke, his tone was bitter and as flat as a sheet of paper, and his expression was blank, eyes narrowing slightly.