Mercedes-Benz Sway - " Mercedes Benz " ** New Single * *

730promo posted on Oct 22, 2009 at 06:11PM

SWAY
Mercedes-Benz Out 26th October 2009

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE!
link

“Mercedes-Benz is all about the fun side of what I do – hitting the road, travelling from city to city tearing down parties and
doing live shows. I wanted to take it back to basics and make something in the style of my original This Is My Promo
mixtapes, music where I’m havin a laugh, havin some jokes and people can dance to it, you know?” - Sway

North London rapper Sway presents his turbo-charged, party single Mercedes-Benz. The first Sway release to roll off the
production line in several months, this freshly polished, fun-loving track shows the lighter side of the versatile, finely-tuned vocalist.

Continuing hip-hop’s long-held tradition of reinventing existing material, Sway deploys The 45 King’s widely sampled classic
The 900 Number as his backing track. The hypnotically-catchy sax-driven stomp of The 900 Number is constructed from a
slowed down sample of 70’s belter Unwind Yourself by Marva Whitney which was itself produced by The Godfather
Of Soul, James Brown. Sway sent a rough demo version of Mercedes-Benz directly to The 45 King who loved
the result and promptly personally approved the use of his track. The 45 King’s previous production credits include
Jay Z’s 'Hard Knock Life' and Eminem’s 'Stan' -two of the biggest records in hip-hop’s history.

Sway’s Mercedes-Benz has already been named a ‘Hottest Record In The World’ by BBC Radio 1’s Zane Lowe -
other early supporters along for the ride include DJ Swerve, DJ Yoda, Nick Grimshaw, Ras Kwame and Mista Jam.
Sway also recently performed the single on Big Brother’s Big Mouth, opening and closing the E4 show in style.

Mercedes-Benz is revving up for a 26th October release via Sway’s own ‘Dcypha Productions’ label. When not hitting
the road in his reliable German automobile, Sway can currently be found in the studio working on further
race-ready material that’s set to keep him in pole position.

www.facebook.com/Swaydasafo
www.twitter.com/Sway_Dcypha
www.myspace.com/swaydasafo
www.sway.uk.com

Mercedes-Benz No 回复