迷失 Widmore, Wallace, and A Wrinkle in Time.

marissa posted on Mar 22, 2010 at 10:12PM
All right - something's just hit me. And I think it might just be a clue!

In link, we see that when the mirror is ser to 108 degrees (as Jacob told Hurley to set it to), the name is "Wallace".
But who is this Wallace?

The only person coming to the Island is Widmore. Charles Widmore.

In link, we're reminded that Sawyer had read link, which has a lot to do with Lost.

Meg - the main character - has a little brother. Charles Wallace.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about him:
Charles Wallace Murry is the youngest Murry child, the most extraordinary and the most vulnerable of the novel's human characters, and the youngest to journey to Camazotz. Charles Wallace did not talk at all until he was nearly four years old, at which time he began to speak in complete sentences. Now five years old, Charles Wallace seldom speaks to anyone but his family, but can empathically or telepathically "read" certain people's thoughts and feelings, and has an extraordinary vocabulary. A biological "sport," he is intellectually curious, loving, and unfazed by extraordinary people and events. He was the first to meet the Mrs. Ws and brought Meg to see them. Initially able to block IT out of his mind, he opens himself to the Man with Red Eyes and thus falls under IT's control. He first appears in Chapter One.

Now, I don't have time todo much research now, but could it be that Widmore is really a good guy?

Remember, he told Locke that if he died, the wrong side would win. Is this because Smokey would take over his body and find a way to kill Jacob? Is Widmore on Team Jacob? Is he Charles Wallace?

迷失 7 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 Emm_xD said…
holy fudge, marissa! That actually makes a lot of sense! lol

It would also be a kind of "ha! Widmore's on the good side! Didn't see that coming, did you?" thing for the writers too. And I have to admit, I wouldn't have put money on Widmore being Team Jacob. But... yes! It really does make sense!
一年多以前 tuttleAC said…
I've pretty much been assuming he's on Team Jacob because of how he helped Locke last season. Remember when Jacob told Hurley that some people he can just tell them what they need to do and they'll do it? Yeah, thats what i figure the relationship he has with Charles Widmore is.

Also remember how when Ben moved the island there was nothing where he appeared but three years later Widmore had set up a camera at that exact spot? Almost as if someone told him to do just that and wait for something to happen there.

So unless he decided to go wild and randomly put a camera up in the desert shortly before someone would appear there I'm convinced he's been doing Jacobs bidding.
But I hate to be that guy, but i'm still not convinced Jacobs side is "the good side" :P
一年多以前 marissa said…
^ I knw what you mean, Pat, Jacob seems sketchy to me, too... but MIB even more so.
He makes too much sense. When he justified telling Claire that Aaron was in the Temple, I completely bought it.

But then I thought about it.

Lying to a greiving mother? Why not just tell her the truth? Why not say "don't worry, you're son is safe. He was never stolen. He was saved. No need to be angery at all."

He's playing people. Offering Ben the power he's always wanted, offering Sayid Nadia back, giving Claire someone to hate, telling Kate that Claire won't make a good mother (and so she should be Aaron's mother)...
Sorry, Smokey.
I ain't buyin' what you're sellin'.
一年多以前 tuttleAC said…
I'm not saying Man in Black is all peaches and roses, but I doubt he's evil. He's clearly a very angry person that just wants off the damn island and is willing to manipulate people and offer them things to get what he wants (a good question will be whether or not he's able to provide it).

But Jacob has clearly bent peoples lives to meet his will(although he's often done it in a passive way) and made some of them offers that weren't actual offers at all.(Dogen hey come with me do whatever i saw and never see your family again and you won't have a dead son!)

All i'm saying is that while there may be two sides I doubt either truly falls on either side of the good/evil line despite what either side thinks.
一年多以前 marissa said…
I'm starting to agree with you. I really don't trust either of these two.
Honestly, I'm on Team Sawyer - get the heck out of there before shiztnit starts to get really crazy.
(Actually, can it get any crazier then time travel? It's Lost, so... it probably can.)
一年多以前 marissa said…
Going back to A Wrinkle in Time, link a summary. Now, check this out:
The three children learn from Mrs. Whatsit and her friends Mrs. Who and Mrs. Which that the universe is threatened by a great evil called the Dark Thing and taking the form of a giant cloud, engulfing the stars around it.

Now, there's another thing for our space/time travelling heroes to worry about in this book: IT.
IT - The disembodied brain that controls all the inhabitants of Camazotz with its revolting, pulsing rhythm. IT, identified with the Black Thing, is the embodiment of evil on this planet.
In the story, IT takes control over Charles Wallace and speaks through him.
(*ahem*, Locke and the Smoke Monster anyone?)

Anyhow, Meg, Charles Wallace's sister, figures out how to save her brother by using the one thing that IT doesn't have: her abiliity to love.
The summary says:
Thus, by concentrating on her love for Charles Wallace, she is able to restore him to his true identity. Meg releases Charles from IT's clutches and tessers with him through time and space...

So, could this be the answer to Lost's questions?
Porbably not.
This whole "love" thing sounds more like it belongs in Harry Potter than Lost.
But it's an idea.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 marissa said…
The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham:

Locke: Why would you help me?
Widmore: Because there's a war coming, John. And if you're not back on the Island when that happens, the wrong side is going to win.

Locke: Richard Alpert. He said the only way to get them to come back was if I died.
Widmore: I don't know why he said that, but I'm not gonna let that happen.

---

Did Widmore know what was going to happen? Did he know what powers the Smoke Monster really had? Unlike Ben?
last edited 一年多以前