一年多以前 GemonkDruid said…
Almost 8 :P
一年多以前 harrypotterbest said…
4:17pm here
一年多以前 Italktosnakes said…
21:25 over in Blighty :) x
So, what y'all doing? :) x
I've just put up my ff that I showed you guys.
And now I'm doing my sister memorial video, while listening to MoM album and convincing my mum to buy it for me :) x
Cool :)

I'm doing homework.
一年多以前 GemonkDruid said…
I'm finishing up my Green Day essay. :)
Yays :) x
一年多以前 MissKnowItAll said…
Evening. :)
一年多以前 MissKnowItAll said…
zzz
Night guys...that was a short visit. :)
一年多以前 GemonkDruid said…
Bye Miss!
NIIIIIGHT >.< x
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....­...­...­...
What shall we do now?? x
We shall....
一年多以前 GemonkDruid said…
FINISHED! >.<

Here it is:

Green Day. If you haven’t heard of the punk-rock band from Oakland who produced great albums that selled over 30 million copies worldwide, chances are that you live under a rock. In over 20 years, Green Day has changed the image of music greatly, and has still managed to be one of the most popular artists of today, despite being nearly in their forties and ‘old-school’.

But lately many pop, rap, and RnB artists have taken the spotlight in music. Green Day is still famous, but their triumphs cannot capture the attention of the greater audience over the autotuned infamy that is Ke$ha, boob machines Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, and African-American rappers who lean heavily on songs about banging women. Cue me screaming, “What the fuck is wrong with kids today?!”

It seems to me that Green Day is the only decent mainstream artist in the past several years. And it’s not because they pulled crazy stunts that landed them in magazines. Not because their songs get stuck in people’s heads, whether they want it to or not. It’s because they earned their place. They work hard on every album, struggled a bit but pulled through every time. Green Day’s history is the perfect band backstory. It’s the realistic backstory too. Not everybody can have a famous dad (*cough cough Willow Smith and Miley Cyrus cough*) or be pretty, have a mid-decent voice, and an autotune program (Ke$ha, Jason Derulo). That’s unrealistic and just dumb.

It is perfectly fine to like artists like those, but to say they’re better than Green Day is just ridiculous. Based on what grounds? They’re ‘hot’? More popular? Their songs are catchier? Or perhaps you just don’t like Green Day, which is fine too. But why? They hate Bush? Their music is hard to understand? Or maybe because you think they’re “gay emo posers”.

Green Day has been selling records worldwide for 20 years. They have more experience in the music industry and with concerts, fans, etc. Their songs actually have meanings and stories behind them. Their latest two albums were rock operas- storylines about two lovers living in a dystopia. They are nearly 40 and still popular with kids. Most artists nowadays won’t last for more than a decade. Their songs are basically the same and they are young. A friend of mine once told me that most artists in the music industry are younger than 30. It seems that Green Day is the exception.

Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer and frontman for Green Day, does not sing with a half-electric voice. He’s like a punkish angel; voice raw and harsh, yet harmonic and filled with passion and emotion. His voice has character. He does not autotune it like many artists nowadays.

Another problem with artists is that they rely heavily on repetitive lyrics and seem to cannot live without adding the chorus at least three times. All in all, a three-minute single from a mainstream artist goes like this:

-30-second intro (with a bit of “Woahs” or “Ah-oh” and whatever other one-syllable word sounds ‘cool’ these days

-First verse (no more than 8 lines)

-Chorus

-Second verse (no more than 8 lines)

-Chorus

-Bridge/Breakdown

-Chorus x 2 (or even x 3)

-Outro (same as intro)

However, while creating American Idiot, the three members of the band wrote two songs – Jesus of Surburbia and Homecoming. Now those aren’t the only two songs they wrote for the album, but they are unique songs. Can you guess why? No? Anyone?

It’s because they’re each 9 minutes long AND have no chorus. I’d looove to see Justin Bieber or Usher do that.

To sum up, Green Day is the only decent mainstream artist nowadays. They actually put EFFORT in their music. They don’t need autotune to sound great. Their songs touch on REAL issues, not just dissing guys who want to actually have a conversation with you (Ke$ha’s Blah Blah Blah) or girls from a particular state (Katy Perry’s California Gurls). And call them emo, call them gay, call them posers; they are far too amazing for any of your labels.

But if you still think the likes of Bieber, Cyrus, and Cruz is better than Green Day, guess what? They have their own musical and video game. Pwned.
一年多以前 Kiana-M-McMahon said…
Page 1100 here we come!
last edited 一年多以前
Nice article, GD :) x
It's REALLY
COMPLETELY
AND