潮流粉丝俱乐部 Users 潮流粉丝俱乐部 Users Lunch?

harold posted on Aug 02, 2007 at 06:54AM
So, for a while I've been thinking that there are a bunch of other fanpop users in my area, and have been thinking about how other types of users gather into User Groups for periodic social gatherings. I mean, twenty years ago (gasp!) friends I'd made online and I would gather for the occasional pizza, our link being our favorite bulletin board systems. I thought about it when I had lunch with the guys earlier this year, and the idea started to solidify seeing the link: why don't we have our own Fanpop regional gatherings?

In the end, I waited to suggest the idea until we officially hit the anniversary. Now that we're here, why don't try a get-together? Nothing unsafe, of course: just an open invitation to meet at a public restaurant and get to attach a face to a profile image (or series of images).

Of course, we as users are scattered all over the world, so it's up to people in different regions to decide whether they want to meet the people near them or not. In many cases (particularly in the UK), I get the sense that many of you already know each other, so it shouldn't be too difficult for those.

But I'll start by suggesting that I will be having lunch on Wednesday in two weeks' time at Cafe Borrone (shown in the picture) in Menlo Park starting at 11:00, and if any fanpop users would care to get together, great!

潮流粉丝俱乐部 Users 35 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 AmyFitz said…
hehe :D I resent the fact that people think we British all know each-other because we're such a tiny country! :P

aw, just kidding. Well, I dunno if there are any other fanpoppers near me, with the exception of my sister and I live with her! But of course, if there are any Yorkshire-fanpoppers...

:)

xxx
一年多以前 cressida said…
Harold, if you propose another time come mid-September, then I can join. Until then I will be in and out of California and the US.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ali22 said…
I think thats a good idea Harold......sadly i havent noticed anyone on Fanpop from Scotland so i think im having lunch on my own :(
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 AmyFitz said…
aw, maybe next time I'm in Scotland, ali22! :D

xxx
一年多以前 PkmnTrainerJ said…
Well, if any Fanpoppers in the UK can make it to Derby next Saaturday (11th) I shall be there for an event and will have lunch with y'all.
一年多以前 ciaran said…
there are no fanpop users from my area most irish fanpop users are from the south im a northerner so mybe sum day ill come down south
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
Ali? Amy? Sweden is only a very short commuter hop from both of you, and I really wanna see Scotland... I have to go to New York for a few weeks, but after I get back, I say we try to make this happen.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
Cripes Guys... look at that. We could get Pkmn and Ciaran in on this too, no?
一年多以前 AmyFitz said…
we could indeed! ... hmm, maybe if by an amazing coincidence we happen to be in france or somewhere at the same time... :D

hey, pkmntrainerj. If only I had more free time on Saturdays. Derbyshire isn't too far from south Yorkshire :D

as it is, saturdays are busy as hell for me. aw well, plenty more time in the world, guys.

xxx
一年多以前 ali22 said…
Yip! Im cool with that guys :)
一年多以前 michael said…
I'll try to make the Menlo Park meet. Harold, just to clarify, that's August 15, 11:00AM PDST?
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
No coincidence needed... just an agreement on time and place. In the scheme of things, we aren't all that far from each other. I mean seriously... if we could do it in Scotland, I could make it a weekender and grab some pics for magazine article at the same time. (We already ran London in one issue)
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
(allow me to pimp the main magazine I write for here: link)

(If you know any teenaged boys, we are looking for one to send some free items to for short review)

(ok. don't beat me)
一年多以前 harold said…
michael: yes, the 15th at 11:00 PT is what I was thinking.

AmyFitz: I didn't mean you specifically, just that there are a number of prominent users in the UK that do know each other. The most obvious are PkmnTrainerJ and benji, of course.

cressida: I see no reason why I wouldn't continue to have lunch, and would be happy to have some in September, too!

I'm glad to see that some people might get together, somewhere. The picture with you and dave & papa really adds to my sense of the social aspect of the site; I hope that soon we'll have other pictures of users coming together out of their common interest in the site (or particular spots)...
一年多以前 Temptasia said…
Anybody in Idaho??????
一年多以前 alinazeer said…
Is there anyone from Southern California in or around San Diego????????????????????????
一年多以前 Dominator said…
I move to Rotherham UK on Monday... :P

Sadly it's through work...which means I will be working; thus, spending less time on here :(

:P
一年多以前 meeee said…
West of Ireland.I know 4 fanpoppers 1 is my brother the other 3 are my cousins.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 harold said…
OK, so a reminder about tomorrow for those of us who find ourselves in the SF Bay Area now: we're looking to meet at link at 11:00 Pacific.

A caveat for myself: I may have to cut my visit short, as my daughter is being checked out at the clinic tomorrow morning, and she may need more medical care.

But I do hope that we users will establish some regular get-togethers for fellow users in various parts of the world. I'm hoping that we can do one in Silicon Valley (and, yes, I know that Menlo Park is just north of the county border) on a monthly basis...
一年多以前 ali22 said…
Im up for next month if you's want to chip in and pay my air fare! lol :D
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
Actually Ali... I almost booked a trip to Glasgow next week... but now it may be Dublin instead...
一年多以前 ali22 said…
Awh thats a shame.......im pretty sure you'll enjoy Dublin though. I absolutely love the Irish accent! :)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 AmyFitz said…
Hey Dominator, I live in Rotherham! I put Sheffield on my profile because it's the closetst city.

xxx
一年多以前 ali22 said…
Harold....i hope all went well at your daughters check up.

Let us all know how lunch went please! :)
一年多以前 cressida said…
So I met with the guys again recently and we were talking about you, Harold, and how you should've been part of the group. Any chance of an October luncheon/coffee meeting with SF/Bay Area persons?

And how did the last get-together go?
一年多以前 Storn said…
I only know one from fanpop in real life. I told him about fanpop, and he has been here ever since. His username is Duckwhisperer...
一年多以前 harold said…
Yes, I'm still interested in getting together with folks for lunch. But since I am geographically restricted to the Bay Area, I figured I'd move that discussion link, leaving this thread for people who want to organize a regular get-together for their geography (as well as, perhaps, someday, a larger gathering like a regional convention). Heh. First, though, some of us have to actually succeed in meeting (in a safe and appropriate way, of course)!

To answer ali22 (and others), the lunch in August went OK - I like the food there - except that it was just michael, my son and I. I suspect that there's a lot of isolated people like that, meeting informally all over the world: a couple people here, a trio there. My hope, in continuing this thread, is to encourage people to try to combine into larger groups, to meet some of the "fellow fans" (to use the old term from Fanpop) that you only know from posting content otherwise.
一年多以前 harold said…
OK, I'm resurrecting this here, too. I'm going to be in San Francisco for business all this week. Are there any users who'd like to get together in SF sometime this week?
一年多以前 ineedcoffee said…
smile
I wish but alas I still am in the north country wish I wasn't though hope you get some takers though...:)
一年多以前 ArabellaElfie said…
If anyone is in the Long Island New York area drop me a line, something like this could be very fun.
一年多以前 hooch-is-crazy said…
This sounds like a great idea, if I didn't live thousands of miles away I'd love to come.
一年多以前 harold said…
You're thousands of miles away from everyone on Fanpop? Gee, how's the weather in Antarctica this time of year?
一年多以前 tushtush said…
I'm going to New York City later this month. There could be a gathering type thing then. :D
一年多以前 hooch-is-crazy said…
I meant thousands of miles away from San Fransico, not everyone!
一年多以前 harold said…
tushtush, did you get any interest in other people meeting you in NYC? Has your trip happened already? If it's still to come, you could maybe meet with others for a semi-official link reception!