FanFiction.net 写作 Contest - T.V. Shows!

ShadowFlame posted on Aug 31, 2008 at 10:24PM
Inspired by link about a contest being held at FanFiction, I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think the rules should be, how the stories are judges, if there was a specific genre, rating, etc.

Plus, I also thought it would be fun if we held our own contest. Again, it would be up to all of us to decide what the rules would be for the entries.

Any idea at all, please go ahead and leave a comment. Everything is appreciated! Remember, YOU help decide how it works!

SO FAR, we, the people, have decided that T.V. Shows will be the topic of writing. For different shows, we will have different judges. No 'M' rating things, and the stories will be one-shots.

Participants include:
- link
- link
- link
- link
- link
- link
- link
- link
- link
- link
- link
- link

DEADLINE - October 15, 2008.
last edited on Oct 14, 2008 at 12:00PM

FanFiction.net 75 回复

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 75

一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Should we enter the stories on FanFiction first? Fanpoopers could still review there. Or do you think a soapbox here on this spot would be okay?
一年多以前 Dearheart said…
I think we should post the stories up on FF first and then provide links. It'd take up less room here...plus, we'd get more lovely REVIEWS that way! :D

As for how the stories should be judged? Here are some categories I think are important:

Spelling/Grammar: Did the author get all their Ps and Qs straight? Are the paragraphs perfect and the punctuation proper? Is the spelling spic and span? Or is everything sloppy and flooded with textese?

Writing quality: Does it grab your attention (in a GOOD way)? Does it make you feel like you're really there? Is it enjoyable to read? Is the style good? Or is it totally bad, boring and lifeless?

Storytelling: How well does the author tell the story? Does it take you on a journey? Are there twists and turns that pull you to the edge of your seat? Are there moments where you laugh, cry, hold your breath or smile in delight? Does it touch you? Entertain you? Make you think?

Creativity: Is the premise of the story a good one? Is the original character really "original" or just another Mary Sue? Is the plot imaginative or as overused as a tissue during a bad cold? Has the author thought of something that not many others have, or fleshed out something that no one else really thinks of?

Characterization: Are the canon characters in-character and being developed well? Are the original characters memorable and do they have depth to them? Do you care about them and about what happens to everyone in this story?

Believability/Authenticity: Is the story a total tall tale and does it "suspend belief" a little too much? Or is it exciting and dramatic in realistic ways? If the fandom or story is set in a particular time-period or country, does the author capture the flavor of that time and place well? Or is there 2008 Americanise stuck smack in the middle of 1940's London?

Purpose: Are there good messages and strong themes in the story? What does it tell you? What is the author trying to say through this story? What can it teach you?

Of course these things may vary, depending on what kind of contest we're holding. But in general, I think these are important things to keep in mind when judging a story.
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Also, we have to consider what genre/rating/ and what kind of story it is (eg. Grey's Anatomy, or Harry Potter).

Are we going to do chapter stories? Or oneshots?

Who will be the judges? Should we make a pick on fanpop to determine that?

When will the deadline be? How will we attract more people into this?
一年多以前 Dearheart said…
I'm not familiar with too many fandoms as far as TV shows go. The only TV shows I'm into are Lost, Heroes and Doctor Who, and I don't know the characters terribly well in those first two.

As for Harry Potter...I've never read the books and it's been a looooong time since I last saw one of the movies. I love LotR and Narnia and I like Eragon to a certain extent, but that's as far as I'll go in fantasy. I'm just not a Potter person. *shrugs*

Rating? I think it should stay PG, for my sake at least. Let's keep the sleaze/violence to a minimum, please! And I think for our first contest we should start out with one-shots, just to keep things simple and easy to read through in a timely fashion. Chapter fics would be cool later on, but let's start small and work our way up.

Of course, I'm a poor sheltered homeschooler who lives in an unsocialized plastic bubble (oh the misconceptions about us...) ;) so I don't know what the most popular fandoms are right now and I'm not sure what would attract people. I'll leave all that up to you, I think.

Would it be stuck up to suggest that you and I be the judges, since we thought up and planned all this stuff in the first place? You could help with fandoms I don't know and we could both judge the quality of the stories themselves. We could others to help judge, too. Whatever floats the boat.

And a deadline...hmmm, need to think about that...
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
As far as those ratings/genre etc, I was thinking more like 'M', or 'T'...but PG is good too I suppose ;)

I'll do some major advertising. I'll try getting Cinders back in here, and attract people I see in the Writing spot. Hopefully then this will all be of worth.

LotR is one of the things you don't want to wedge between me at it. I'll annihilate you. But I guess we'll have to be tolerance about different stories from different Tv shows, Movies, etc.

Why don't we leave the deadline at the end of September or October? That'll give any of us plenty of time. As for judges, I'll see how many people we can get in here, then I'll make a pick. You and I should be the judges, but we need one more person (so things uneven out :P).

Should judges be allowed to enter?
一年多以前 Dearheart said…
Meh, I wouldn't mind bumping up the rating to a mild T. I just can't read M rated stuff. If I'm not old enough to watch R rated movies without a parent, I think the same should go for M rated fanfics, personally. Sorry if that seems totally prudish.

And if people are judging and it's not a vote-for-the-winner type thing...then no, I don't think judges should enter. It wouldn't be exactly fair. BUT, if all this goes well and we decide to do another contest, maybe we could get different people to judge so we COULD enter.

Coolio! I'm not the best at advertizing, but let me know if there's any way I could help you out! Your ideas for deadlines sound good to me. And LOL, you're protective of LotR too, eh? :)

Oooh, I have an idea! Lets have different judges for different contests and fandoms. You and I both know LotR pretty well, right? So maybe since we're judging, it could be a LotR writing contest. (We'd just need to find one more person who knows the fandom.) Then for the next one, we could find judges who know another fandom really well (a popular TV show or something) and let them judge that contest, and so on and so forth. Just an idea, but I thought I'd run it past you and see what you think. :)
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
I'd rather 'T' myself. Maybe even lower.

Great ideas! I'll go see who is active on the LotR spot...i know rulerl0rd is...
一年多以前 cocacola said…
I'll show this to the House fanfiction spot, we're pretty active there, we could do T and under because those fics are pretty much of the same safety.
一年多以前 cocacola said…
can we do it at the end of October, cuz I'm currently working on a story and it might take a while.
一年多以前 Visitor said…
I really like your ideas on this! It's great that some people here show this kind of initiative :)

I was wondering why you don't pick the most obvious, big fandoms and get a good judge (or three, whatever you like) for each of them...

That way I think you'd get more attention to this contest in no time. It shouldn't be too hard to pull off if you manage to get a good, interested, active judge for each big fandom.

You mentioned Cinders, if she'd be up for it, I think someone like her would be a great judge for Harry Potter. Amazondebs would be great for BuffyTVS... etc.

I don't know if they're interested but I guess it might be worth the shot :)

一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Great :)

In two days, I will make the pick of who the third judge should be. If you want to be one, mention it here. If not, you could always add ;)
一年多以前 cocacola said…
For the TV shows you should do House, the fanfiction activity for that is pretty big on fanpop, sorry to say that I can't do anything for the Lord of The Rings trilogy, I just read the Hobbit...
一年多以前 ktlady said…
Hey, I'm in! :) Thanks ShadowFlame for sending the link. I'm actually rather excited about participating.

I would like to be considered for a judge position, and I've watched a plethora of tv shows, movies and read many books, so it shouldn't be hard to find something I can judge knowledgeably. Ask me and it's entirely possible I've seen/read it. That's how much of a life I have. haha. ;)

I agree with the 'T' and under rating.
一年多以前 cocacola said…
Are we gonna do like different categories? Like best Hurt/Comfort fic
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Yup. Basically everything is acceptable, but no 'M' stories.
一年多以前 mrsblack_1089 said…
I sooooo wanna do this!! when do we start competing?
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Iono, it hasn't been quite official. But firstly, I'd like you to do this:

If you are writing a story: Please say that you are writing one, say on what topic, and all the nice information we need to be able to find it later.

If you know someone that would like to participate: Please tell them to comment and do the same, or give me the link to their profile so I can contact them.

Judges: So far, the third judge is cocacola, but there's still 11 days longer yet to vote.

Do some advertising people! You make this happen, I'm not the all powerful god of Fanpop and FanFcition, so get out there and get the word out!
一年多以前 cocacola said…
yay! i'm judge!
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
lol, so far *shifty eyes*. We need more people to get into this!
一年多以前 cocacola said…
hmm...did anyone show this to the Harry Potter community? Because, even though I'm not as well known there I had quite the Harry Potter obsession before I discovered fanpop and I'd make a good judge for those fics too.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Anusha said…
I agree with Visitor, you should choose a spot and introduce this to the fans first.
It they are interested you could choose maybe 3 persons from that spot (for the first round/contest) to be the judge of those FFs. Another 3 judges for another round/contest, therefore you'll be giving a lot of persons chances to be a judge.
Judges should not take part or submit their writing.

For example in the House spot:
1. Round up all those who are interested in being Judges and those who want to take part in the contest. (maybe immunity, oldmovie, cocacola, pottergal etc.)
2. Make a pick with the judges and let the fans choose who they want to be the judge. The three with the highest votes will be the judges. (oldmovie, cocacola etc.)
3. Make a forum where the participants can post the link(s) to their FF and set a closing date or ending date to submission. Any FF submitted after the date will not entered into the contest.
4. The judges read all and set a score between 1-10(or whatever you like) for each of what Dearheart said and submit the total score for each participant to someone who will add the scores up for EACH participant and announce the winner who has the highest score.

Rating ummmm maybe a mild M if thats okay or T is fine too.

I think we should start with oneshots first then move on to chapters later.

一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
That's a lot of work for something that might not happen, but having judges for different topics is a great idea.

We should be planning this out a little longer before it happens. I might have to postpone this...
一年多以前 Anusha said…
lol true :) and yea the planning takes a while. We have to advertise more to get people interested. I'll post the link in some other spots and see what happens.
一年多以前 heeeresjoyce said…
Well the advertising is working. I just found this through a link posted in the Bones spot. As for the contest, I think I'm going to try to be a judge. I don't write fanfiction, but I read tons of it, and am a part of a lot of fandoms.
一年多以前 Anusha said…
YAY! Heeresjoyce good to see ya. Same with me I don't write fanfiction but I read them. I would be a judge for either House, Bones or NCIS no other.

And I'm happy the advertising is working ;)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 heeeresjoyce said…
Hey Anusha, good to see you, too! :) I posted a link to here in the Bones Fanfiction spot, so there's a little bit more advertising. :p
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 TheHiddenCane said…
could I join in on the contest?? I mean most of you here don't really know me but I have 5 House MD stories on FF.net and I would love to enter the competition! seems like a nice way to get to know you, right?
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Sure thing! WE need to organize this though! Again, for those of you writing a story tell us what it's about and where its from! (eg, harry potter, smallville, daredevil).

judges where do you want to judge!!!!
一年多以前 heeeresjoyce said…
If I get to be a judge, I'd like to be one for House or Bones. If I can't be one for those two, I'm willing to judge pretty much anything else. Just tell me what it is and I'll tell you if I can or not.
一年多以前 cocacola said…
I really want to be a judge, I read a lot of fanfictions and I believe that I have practically mastered fanfiction.net. I'm in the middle of writing a story too but I kind of want to judge for now. I know that I may be a tiny bit younger than most of the people on fanpop, but I have a good feel for reading stories and knowing who's in character for the House stories. I have to say that I would like to judge the House stories, and like I said, I think I'm pretty good at seeing whats realistic, or who in the story is in character and what not...so I hope I get to be a judge. :)
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Okay, so far, we've got cocacola for house, and heeeresjoyce for bones. i guess i could be one for a lot of things, but i need to know what people are doing before i can say.
一年多以前 cocacola said…
okay, but we shouldn't do too many topics or things will just get complicated, maybe a few book topics and a few TV topics
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Okay, so then maybe this genre will be of one sort. Like, this month Tv shows, then 1 or 2 months later, movies, book etc..

So, now we must agree on which one we want for this month, book? tv shows?
一年多以前 Dearheart said…
Again, the TV shows I'm familiar with are Lost, Heroes, Doctor Who and Smallville; and in books it's mainly Narnia, Eragon, and LotR (obviously). :) If anyone picks one of those then I'm good...but even if it's in a fandom I'm not familiar with, I'm still pretty good at sorting out the okay stuff from the GOOD stuff. If all else fails, I can help out with judging the quality of the writing and storytelling and whatnot.

(And sorry, ShadowFlame! I know I've been quiet lol, but lately I've been buried in schoolwork.) ;)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Anusha said…
TV shows would be good to start with :)
一年多以前 VampireGirl said…
do you need another bones judge?
一年多以前 heeeresjoyce said…
I think that we should do TV shows first. And I hope you can be a judge too, VampireGirl.
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Ooooooookey. :)

Because there's not much point posting three picks on who the three tv show judges should be, and there are so many categories with so little people, I think I'd be best to have the writers tell us what they're post, in what category, so we can have the judges know what they're doing and organize it more easily.

It's still good to know who'd like to write and be a judge though! So thank you guys!
一年多以前 ktlady said…
Sorry for not getting on much, I've been super busy. But how can I help with this process? I'd like to be involved more.

Also, I can write, now that it's most likely that I will not be a judge. It all depends on what the possible categories are, and how badly my procrastination issue prevails. ;)
Well... I've been working on a House Wilson frienship/Huddy fic for a while now... I'm having a minor writersblock now but I will finish it sometime... (I've got like 200 words now) so I'm writing a House MD hurt/comfort angst fic to enter. so I'm writing something.
一年多以前 Cinders said…
OK

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, what with my trip across the country, Los Angeles, and school starting up.

I have GLANCED at what people have been saying. I think we should stick with one-shots, as folks might be reading inter-fandom work. Super long chapter stories will take forever to properly go through and judge. Also, I'm a little curious as to the TV show categories, and if we'll have one for miscellaneous shows. I ask because, if there is, I have a story I would like to submit. It's T-rated (for safety reasons, mostly), a one-shot, and it's for CSI, but familiarity with the show is not actually a necessity. I doubt there are many other CSI writers on Fanpop.

I would gladly judge for Buffy, if that's needed.

But frankly, I'm still fuzzy on the details (like I said, I skimmed). Could some one just sum-up what has been decided in a nutshell before I further repeat what folks have said?
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
SO FAR, we, the people, have decided that T.V. Shows will be the topic of writing. For different shows, we will have different judges. No 'M' rating things, and the stories will be one-shots.

I know aboot CSI, so I could judge there. I've seen probably 70-100 episodes, so I hope I qualify >_>
一年多以前 cocacola said…
Okay, so now we just need a deadline and to get people to enter...
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
Hmm....well, I don't know if anyone has even started, but they're only one shots, so why don't we make it...October 15, give or take...
一年多以前 heeeresjoyce said…
October 15th sounds good. We need more people entering, though. :/
一年多以前 Anusha said…
Yea, we seem to have judges for different TV shows and only one writer I think?
yup... me!:D

Maybe we should advertise this on the House Fanfiction spot! (that's the only fanfic spot I know... if there are others you are aware of in the TV show area you should advertise THERE too!)
一年多以前 ShadowFlame said…
I've posted multiple links, and written a soapbox, plus sent many messages to people. I think I'm doing my bit :P

We have more than one writer! Possibilities: TheHiddenCane, Cinders, ktlady, and i think there's more...
一年多以前 cocacola said…
maybe we should put up sign up forums or articles on different spots and anyone who wants to join will put their name down, and then we'll put all the sorted names down on an article in this spot where everyone is categorized according to the fandom of the story they're writing.
一年多以前 Anusha said…
Thats a good idea cocacola. I think we should do that :)