Eurovision Song Contest Not fair

Ratdog posted on Nov 16, 2007 at 10:38PM
Is it just me or do countries vote for each other based on geography and history not how good the performances are? I for one do not like the idea of the UK forking out millions of quid just to have some cheap Eastern European country, that have only just joined the EU, win.
last edited on Jan 23, 2008 at 09:23PM

Eurovision Song Contest 14 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 eisai_xazo said…
I don't like it either...for example Finland and Sweden...
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 pip_ku said…
Yeah it's the same top countries every year, I still love watching it though.
一年多以前 Ratdog said…
I just watch it to see complete idiots make fools out of themselves. Some countries take it really seriously though.
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
I'm just not even going to respond to that, eisai_xazo
一年多以前 Ratdog said…
DrDevience, it is true the way they vote for each other.
一年多以前 Tinna said…
Ratdog - it's not only the northern countries.

Actually I think that it's not because countries are neighbours. I think it's because of the common history, including music history. For example Iceland... Many of Icelanders move to the other northern countries and we all come from the same background. We live in the same area so it's likely that we make similar music. Same goes for other neighbour countries that vote for each other.

I honestly don't think people sit at home thinking "Yeah, I better vote for this country 'cause it's right next to mine!"
一年多以前 Ratdog said…
I never meant it as only the northern countries, I did say it's based on history as well.
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
You are just talking about human nature... there is no conspiracy going on between the countries that I know of. Hell, I voted for Lithuania last year - or was it 2006. We Are The Winners was their entry whichever year it was. heh.

Now, if I happened to like 2 acts equally well and one was from a Scandinavian country, then sure, yeah, I would probably let that be my tie breaker.

Is that a crime?
一年多以前 Ratdog said…
I never said it was wrong, I just said it wasn't fair that those countries who don't even pay for the contest end up getting millions of quid by winning. It would be fairer if every country had to pay for the contest.
一年多以前 orlabobs said…
well, ya i think its not right...but i also dont like how england send rubbish acts and still get into the final automatically!!! but sure....they pay......
一年多以前 Ratdog said…
I agree that our acts are rubbish but as we pay I think it's only right that we be allowed into the final.
一年多以前 enca said…
It was unfair that's right geography was the most important to countries to vote although i think russia deserved to win
一年多以前 dalma said…
it is unfair to some point...but if, for example, a country sings in their own language, only the neighbor countries know what it means (unless it's english or german, french...), so they vote for them...bu there is a lot of other unfair stuff at esc, too, like the big four...but all in all, I do think it's unfair.
一年多以前 Orsolya said…
"a country sings in their own language, only the neighbor countries know what it means" - I'm not sure what you mean by this. Our neighbors, the Bulgarians or the Hungarians don't understand what Romanians sing about, it's totally different languages.