Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 66

一年多以前 etie said…
first reply ;D
so, how many of us are here?=)
一年多以前 nandacavalieri said…
So far three... you, Cam and I :)

As I said in the pick, I was thinking we could start with AFI's greatest screen legends and choose a movie of one of them
The list:

Men Women
1. Humphrey Bogart Katharine Hepburn
2. Cary Grant Bette Davis
3. James Stewart Audrey Hepburn
4. Marlon Brando Ingrid Bergman
5. Fred Astaire Greta Garbo
6. Henry Fonda Marilyn Monroe
7. Clark Gable Elizabeth Taylor
8. James Cagney Judy Garland
9. Spencer Tracy Marlene Dietrich
10. Charles Chaplin Joan Crawford
11. Gary Cooper Barbara Stanwyck
12. Gregory Peck Claudette Colbert
13. John Wayne Grace Kelly
14. Laurence Olivier Ginger Rogers
15. Gene Kelly Mae West
16. Orson Welles Vivien Leigh
17. Kirk Douglas Lillian Gish
18. James Dean Shirley Temple
19. Burt Lancaster Rita Hayworth
20. The Marx Brothers Lauren Bacall
21. Buster Keaton Sophia Loren
22. Sidney Poitier Jean Harlow
23. Robert Mitchum Carole Lombard
24. Edward G. Robinson Mary Pickford
25. William Holden Ava Gardner
一年多以前 Cladra said…
Clich is in<3
If you let me come :----D
Of course, Clich!

So any ideas? I want to see a movie I haven't seen, which are most of them :/
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Cladra said…
Hmm, gone with the wind?
I have seen it :/
Have you seen From Here to Eternity? I've been wanting to watch it
一年多以前 Cladra said…
Aa ok :s
No, I haven't been into classic movies for too long :'D
That's why I think this club will be awesome!

Sadly I'm off for the summer :s
How often do we watch a movie? Because I could try to watch on summer, but if it's like 1 movie/1 day, I can't :'D
一年多以前 etie said…
yay, clich's in<3
Have you seen From Here to Eternity? --> not yet..

i'm not sure how i'll be able to get those movies though, my torrent doesn't work and these kind of movies are not on sale here... i think i'll watch with you the ones i'll manage to get
Of course it's not a movie per day... we don't have that free time (at least I think...)

yes! Same here! And it would be fun commenting the movies, see different points of view etc
一年多以前 etie said…
Of course it's not a movie per day... we don't have that free time (at least I think...) --> yes

And it would be fun commenting the movies, see different points of view etc --> yaaaaay! :) can't wait:)
一年多以前 Cladra said…
Yes! Different points of view, I love to watch movies with my friends because of that :)
unfortunately my friends like different movies than I do :(
I can't watch Scary Movies all the time just to watch them with them..
一年多以前 Cammie said…
smile
As I already nominated in the pick (because I didn't know action was going on in here,LOL!):

To Kill A Mockingbird

EDIT: I have seen From Here To Eternity but NOT for many moons.
last edited 一年多以前
 As I already nominated in the pick (because I didn't know action was going on in here,LOL!): To Ki
yay!! To Kill A Mockingbird, I'm totally up for it!
Clich and Ester, thoughts?
一年多以前 Cladra said…
Ok! I've wanted to see it since my mom told me about it!
:D
I think Ester will say yes :)
So I'll look for the torrent...

btw, Ester, your internet is slow to see youtube videos?
一年多以前 Cammie said…
laugh
Well, I can't view it at all online. But let me know when the video's getting viewed on here and I'll pop my own video of TKAM into the video player,LOL!
lol! Ok Cam :)

Torrent: link)
Online: link
Trailer: link
一年多以前 Cammie said…
laugh
^ Cammie's Place: "email me and i'll fly anyone down here to watch on the awesome video player - very cosy"
一年多以前 etie said…
btw, Ester, your internet is slow to see youtube videos? --> it's not very slow, but it's not the fastest either...

wooow, you can watch that movie online! you rock, nanda:D
wooow, you can watch that movie online! --> yay!! It worked!!
一年多以前 etie said…
wooow, you can watch that movie online! --> yay!! It worked!! --> yes! hooray ;D when are we gonna watch it? :)
I'm downloading the torrent... nine hours to finish (I hope)
I think I'll let the computer on this night... maybe "An American in Paris" will finish too

Cam, can I ask you a question? I feel kind of stupid asking that, but my English vocabulary is limited... what "not for many moons" means?
一年多以前 etie said…
Cam, can I ask you a question? I feel kind of stupid asking that, but my English vocabulary is limited... what "not for many moons" means? --> i'm joining nanda with this... *lol* ;)

maybe "An American in Paris" will finish too --> we should watch that too! :)
we should watch that too! :) --> yes! It's in our list (the AFI list)
btw, you haven't seen any new movie, have you?
一年多以前 etie said…
no, but i bought Easter Parade and The Producers! i'm still shocked i found TWO classic movies in the store! :O :D
:O
lucky you! I found Sunset Boulevard and All About Eve yesterday, but I had no money :'(
一年多以前 etie said…
oh:( too bad... all about eve is very good, as i heard:) we'll watch aaaaaaal awesome classic movies in the world, right?;)
OH YEAH! And we'll finish all those 1001 movies you have to see before you die...I'm ashamed of my the amount I watched :( at least it has grown 2%
一年多以前 etie said…
lol, nanda, i'm ashamed too xD
一年多以前 Cammie said…
laugh
Yikes, if I had to wait to watch "1001 movies you have to see before you die" online, I'd be 6ft under before I even got to #49,lol!

Nanda & etie: I have not seen From Here To Eternity "for many moons" just means that I haven't seen the movie for many years.
No need to feel stupid,dear ladies. If I spoke like a normal person there wouldn't be so much confusion on this site,LOL! *mwa*
last edited 一年多以前
lol Cam!!

Aaa! Is it good?
lmao! I don't mind! I liek the way you speak... and I learned something :D
一年多以前 Cammie said…
smile
Lol,that's it Nanda, you are very wise. Even if you don't know what I'm talking about, just ask and then you would have learnt something new for the day,LOL!

Yes, From Here To Eternity is an excellent movie. I think of it as sort of a vintage Pearl Habour type film.
lol!

Ok, I think it will be the next I'll download... To Kill a Mockingbird download is slow :(
一年多以前 etie said…
i'll try to get these movies...it's so sad you can find only few classics in our country..:(
一年多以前 WileE-Quixote said…
monkey
whats going oN?? OK OK BREAK IT UP GIRLS!!
Move it along
NO LOITERING!!!
YOU think you can hide out here and get illegal torrents on my watch EHhh??
COOMEON!
Silly DAMES
I got every classic movie dat ever was a classic.
I got stuff you gals aint neva heard of ,,I got the good stuff!
I got A few Johnny Weissmuller's after his Tarzan gig, when he was fat an dumpy and did the jungle jim stuff.
Uh HUH! I know I gotz ya now! HUH?
Okay, don't come suckin aroun me lata girlz, when the torrent thing gives out, remember I got grade a Primo "Hitchcock"
Almost everyone ov dem
I have his first talkie! yeah thats right!
kill a bird <Guufaw/> Thats old and worn already,, you gals wanna see some pre code stuff???
Thats right!
I got the goods all kinds of pre hayes codes stufff
gotcha now huh??
ok
well You lass's know where im to be found
g'nite to ya.

I wouldn't download them if I could find them here... but it's imposssible! But everytime I find a classic on sale (and I have the money) I buy them, but I live in Brazil, you in US. It's much easier for you to find them
And some people ask me why I buy DVDs... I simply just can't don't buy them. Somebody work hard to make the movie. So I buy every single DVD I can 'cause those people deserve and I'm against piracy
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 etie said…
i agree with you nanda! and i love having original dvds that i can clean :D x) and i'm very strongly attached to them...<3
piracy is a crime and i'm kinda against it, but it's still a simple way of getting the movies you can't find in stores. so as long as good old classics aren't available to buy, i'll use it, sadly...
I agree with you Ester!

And you should see me with my DVDs, I freak out if anyone touchs them without permission, lol!
一年多以前 etie said…
LMAO! i'm the same! it's not just dvds though, it's pretty much anything in my room... it's just that if anything moves, my room isn't in the right balance!!!
Should I create a forum to discuss To Kill a Mockingbird or should talk in here?
一年多以前 Cammie said…
smile
I think a new forum is a good idea. That way we could just keep it going for future movie 'reviews.'
一年多以前 WileE-Quixote said…
yeah we wanna keep the riff raff out ya know?
That way we could just keep it going for future movie 'reviews.' --> yeah I thought that... ok making it :)
Btw, what should be the next movie? I'm up for anything I haven't watched yet... (except horror, please)
一年多以前 chel1395 said…
kiss
Chel should like to join the Classic Movie Club.

*Shows off shiny red fanatic medal as proof she is a true fan*

As for suggestions for our next film, I wouldn't mind if we did 'From Here To Eternity'. I am ashamed to say I've never watched it and this would be an excellent reason to finally watch it.
Of course you can join!! yay!!! New member!!
一年多以前 etie said…
*Shows off shiny red fanatic medal as proof she is a true fan* --> LMAO!

yay<3 new member :) <3 hey, chel:) you're my idol:)
Oh I forgot to post here the link to To Kill a Mockingbird
link

and what will be the next movie?? Don't be quiet! Say something!
一年多以前 Cammie said…
cool
Psycho!