City Of 识骨寻踪 The Mortal Instruments movie

Mmrm26 posted on Jun 20, 2009 at 12:03PM
At first I read about it here: link
I didn't believe it because comingsoon.net doesn't look like a website with accurate information. But, I still got all excited and started jumping around.
Then, I searched some more and came upon this article:
link
I completely freaked out! I started screaming and running. XD
So, I really think that's accurate information. I mean, the people from Warner Bros got interviewed! It has to be true!
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS! 8D
Anyone else excited?
I think that article is kind of official because those are the people from Warner Bros that said that!
I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight!
Anyone else happy? Any thoughts?

EDIT: Someone twittered Cassandra Clare about the movie and this is what she said: Maybe. Patience. I'll post about movie stuff eventually.

8D
last edited on Jun 20, 2009 at 02:19PM

City Of 识骨寻踪 63 回复

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 63

一年多以前 forbiddenLURVE said…
OMG!!! YAYAYAYAYYY!!! I'M SOOOOOOO HAPPY AND EXCITTEDDD!!!!
WOOOTTTTT!!!!!!
CANNOTTT WAIIT!!!!
Wonder who the cast will be.... They better not screw up the movie or else I'll murder them!
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
I know!
They better not screw it up! Everything that's in that book is absolutely precious!
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
it doesnt sound definate, but itll be awesome if they do make a movie! course, the movies never live up to the books, but itlle be fun!
一年多以前 pixie09 said…
big smile
omg !!!!! hooowwwww awesomeeee would it bee if they did make the movie !!!
from what i got from the article, i think they are presenting the idea to WB, and then thed all have to agree or not agree and all
BUT OMF HOW AWESOMEEEEEE :P
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Well, they bought the rights for the movie, so they have to make it if they bought them. XD
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
if thats true i cant wait! they better pick the right actors though!
haha but imdb is THE movie site, so im saying its official when imdb says it is. thats just me.
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Imdb was wrong most of the times I checked. But, they did have an article on the possibility of the movie.
一年多以前 pixie09 said…
big smile
a possibility is better than no possibility :p and the rumors must be coming from somewhere :p
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Well, I don't really think they're rumors.
I mean the Variety article looked pretty official to me, but I don't know.
We'll have to see.
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
i think that they did put the idea out there, but no ones said if theyre doing a movie or not. i hope they decide to, cuz 1) it would be awesome and 2) CoB would finally get the appreciation it derserves
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Well, in the article you can tell that they interviewed the people from Warer Bros because of the quotes. You can't quote unless it's true.
I agree with that. It would make an amazing movie.
big smile
can't wait though!!!
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
we should throw a movie party!!
*cricket*
... or not?
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
That's a good idea. When everything is official though. XD
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
if we can wait that long without flailing and having the urge to party;)
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Exactly. I don't know how long I am able to resist. XD
一年多以前 pixie09 said…
big smile
PARTY DAMMIT :P
i know....
temptation.... *grinds teeth*
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
HAHA. XD
I'm close to going crazy! Why can't they just admit that they are making the damn movie! LOL
一年多以前 pixie09 said…
surprise
lol :p if they are planning it right now, how long will it be brfore it gets to the screen ?????
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
I predict during the end of 2010, maybe?
It depends if they are putting the three books in one movie or if each book will have a seperate movie.
I want each book to have a seperate movie because if they put the three books into one movie, a lot of things are going to be left out.
same...
the need to include every detail and not cut too much out... or else there will be many disappointed people...
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Exactly.
Pretty much everything is important in all three of the books.
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
yep. i think its gonna be a lot later than 2010 though
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
It all depends. I hope it's not like 2012 though. I can't wait that long. I'll basically die. XD
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
unless you die from an excitement heart attack first
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Yeah. XD
Cassandra Clare said that when she has official and accurate movie information, she will share it.
I think she said this on her twitter like 2 days ago.
It got me really excited. 8D
I know same with me :D...
I will be really disappointed if the movie doesn't come out until really late because with the Hunger Games (another movie I am also waiting for) is confirmed but it doesn't come out until 2011 D:
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Yep.
Yesterday someone asked Cassandra Clare about the casting for the movie and she said nobody has to worry about it until the movie gets greenlit. So, I think the article was right. They have to shape the project first and then Warner Bros will decide if it will become a movie. So they did buy the rights, but they still have to shape the whole movie and then Warner Bros will decide if they want to make a movie or not. So, overall, it looks like the article was right. :D
They better hurry up! XD
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
HUNGER GAMES IS GUNNA BE A MOVIE?!?!?!?! dude i didnt know that!!
oh and... CoB would make an amazing movie...
i knoww can't wait!!!
since when did you like hunger games???
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
since... since... aahhmmm i got it the day it came out
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
I want to read that book.
I have other books that I plan to read first though. Way too many to count. :P
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
hmmm
dude there are a lot of books i need to get to. HON, Ink Exchange - oh, do you know when Catching Fire comes out??
Cool
Not sure :S
I think Sept 1st.... it's the date most people have told me...
Can't wait though... and apparently there's another cliffhanger ending... D:
一年多以前 helomusic said…
worried
I hope there's no movie because I just watch the last Harry Potter and all I can say is " It's an great movie but a very bad adaptation" even thought I love the book it's just that the adaption are never good enough for me so... I love the Mortal Instruments series it's just unbelievable for to let some writers butchered the book like they always in the adaption!!! I just think if they say in the title of the movie " The City Of Bones, inpired by the book of Cassandra Clare " would be more correct to me because I know it will cut some very essential part of the book.
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Well, just because Harry Potter was like that doesn't mean The Mortal Instruments are going to be bad movie adaptations. I mean if you don't like the movie you always have the book. I just look at the bright side. You hate the movie? Oh, well. You have the book! That's just what I think. I know the books will always be better, but I'm still excited to see them make a movie!
yeahhh (: be positive everyone! :D
一年多以前 elliejelly666 said…
AHHHHH!
I i so can't wait for this movie, and if they dont cast alex pettyfer and emma roberts I think i'll cry. There like my ultimate jace and clary, especailly emma.
So manmy people think im crazy about the whole emma roberts thing, but just go on photo bucket and type in the mortal instruments, u will totaly get what im on about.
一年多以前 J_Knoxville said…
I'm so excited.
I have seen so many fan made images and things i can't wait.
I can't think of a better person than Alex Pettyfer to play Jace Wayland.
一年多以前 AbigailP said…
YEEEES!
ITS GONNA BE A MOVIE!!!
AWESOMENESS!!
...they better not mess up... OR ELSE!
一年多以前 babygirl4ever7 said…
heart
That is pure awesome!!!!
一年多以前 Mmrm26 said…
Cassie said the rights have been bought and there is going to be a movie! Check her livejournal for more AWESOME announcements! Like another book in the TMI series.
I don't think Emma Roberts fits as Clary. I prefer Alexz Johnson, I think she's perfect for her. But I doubt they'd cast her because she's like 20 already, but to me, she doesn't look that old.
一年多以前 AbigailP said…
I DON"T CARE WHO THEY CAST!!
I'M TOO WORRIED ABOUT THEIR PLOT!!
一年多以前 thewill55 said…
I just finished reading the books and think that they could make good movies out of them, I just don't know if they would work. they are novels written for teens for the most part, but the violence and graphic parts of the book (such as the appearance of some of the demons) would make it nearly impossible to make these PG13 movies, to do it properly it would have to be at LEAST 14A or a borderline R.
一年多以前 AbigailP said…
14A?!?!
DEFINITION PLEASE!!
一年多以前 krazykenzie said…
big smile
OMG I joined this website just to comment on this. This would be just AMAZING!!! Clare has the best character development, and I can almost imagine these characters in real life. They better choose the right actors though. And good ones to. Jace and Valentine have to be good actors to be able capture those complicated personalities of theirs.
一年多以前 AbigailP said…
AMAZING HELL YEAH!!
一年多以前 pixie09 said…
big smile
lmao gaily, is your caps stuck ??? or are u just constantly agro ??? :DDD
一年多以前 Zara_Riddle said…
Oh my god I can not wait, I just hope the do it right and it doesn't turn out like really terrible.