值得一读的书 Worst book 你 ever read??

italiangirl976 posted on Dec 07, 2009 at 01:57AM
Mine would have to be lord of the flies. or animal farm

值得一读的书 31 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 swimchick said…
I love Animal Farm but I agree on Lord of the Flies.

Mmm worst book I've ever read is probably The Devil Wears Prada or The Lovely Bones. Generally I like classics, both of those books were torture.
一年多以前 marissa said…
I love Lord of the Flies! :( lol
一年多以前 vampiressJazz said…
Twilight saga
一年多以前 snoznoodle said…
Yeah it'd have to be Twilight. I read about 2 chapters of Sylvia by Bryce Courtney and then took it back to the library. And I remember reading the Boy with the Eggshell Head in year 5 and hating it's guts lol. But at least Bryce Courtney and (I assume, I was about 11) the Boy with the Eggshell Head were actually written by talented writers. They deserved to be published, they just weren't my cup of tea. Twilight is a different story.

Oh and the Mayer of Casterbridge. We were forced to study it and I read every page abou three times before anything sunk in. Again Thomas Hardy is actually a brilliant writer, just not my taste.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 DeadlyRose said…
it's a tie between lord of the flies and Memnoch the Devil by anne rice.

neaver did finishe memnoch.
一年多以前 hamishblakefan said…
Definatly twilight saga..
Oh and one of the darren Shaw books.
Oh and The girl with no name.... yuck.
一年多以前 BlackOrBarrons said…
Mine would Be The Host by stephenie meyer, but i loved her twilight saga
一年多以前 Nicoleandjames said…
Usually if a book is bad I don't finish it unless it is like 250 pages. So, the only book that I could not finish was Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. It pissed me off so bad. Once she got preggers I was like I'm done, at the time I liked the first three books and was more then excited that the last one was coming out, but sadly it didn't live up to my expectations sorry if that sounds selfish, but its true and it didn't live up to many others expectations. But, the last book opened my eyes to see that the Twilight series (not saga) was not that good in the first place
一年多以前 JasAlice said…
Breathe My Name by R.A. Nelson
Uninvited by Amanda Marrone
Swoon by Nina Malkin
Lost It by Kristen Tracy
Thicker Than Water by Carla Jablonski
Pucker by Melanie Gideon
一年多以前 LilysLittleTwin said…
Definitly the Twilight series. Although I stopped on Eclipse because it was too boring.
一年多以前 swacfn1 said…
smile
The worst book I ever read was a hello kitty book when I was little it had a picture of her in a bikini
一年多以前 emmaterry said…
crying
Worst book ever.....

BRATZ FASION SHOW!!!!IT GAVE ME NIGHT MARES
一年多以前 EalasaidWooster said…
angry
Mine is "On The Road" by Jack Kerouac. It is the most appalling drivel I have ever had the misfortune to read, I couldn't even finish it. Everyone in it is a raving lunatic and the writer doesn't know what he's talking about (because he was off his head on drugs when he wrote it, apparently). I have no idea how it ever became a modern classic! Here are some quotes to give you an idea:

1)As said by Carlo Marx (I kid you not), one of the characters;

'"The days of wrath are yet to come. The balloon won't sustain you much longer. And not only that, but it's an abstract balloon. You'll all go flying to the West Coast and come staggering back in search of your stone."'

2) Sal Paradise's (narrating character's) description of a friend, Rollo Greb (I consider this one of the better parts of the book, not that thats saying much);

"He didn't give a damn about anything. He is a great scholar who goes reeling down the New York waterfront with original 17th century musical manuscripts under his arm, shouting. He crawls like a big spider throught the streets. His excitement blew out of his eyes in stabs of fiendish light. He rolled his neck in spastic ecstasy. He lisped, he writhed, he flopped, he moaned, he howled, he fell back in despair. He could hardly get a word out, he was so excited with life."

^Sounds like a complete nutcase, doesn't he? And the other characters consider him "the most wonderful of all"!! Notice the author switching between past and present tense.

Well, that is my case against "On The Road". I'm sorry for inflicting such a long comment on you, but I really hate this book!!!
一年多以前 XDRoseLuvsHP said…
1. The Twilight "Saga"
2. Need
3. The Host
一年多以前 ItalianAngel89 said…
I would have to say Breaking Dawn.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Mandarinaranja said…
The Twilight saga, but especially Breaking Dawn. I couldn't stop laughing while I read it, it was that bad.
Also, the "Frog and Toad" books by Arnold Lobel. I know they are kid's books, but I've got something like a childhood trauma with them, they made read them at school when I was in first grade and I hated them, they felt like Barney in book version. In those times I didn't know the word "underestimate", but I felt they were insulting the intelligence of first graders in the world. I never touched them again after the test and gave them away as soon as I could.
一年多以前 ProfessorSnape said…
mischievous
novels by A.Platonov... i can't read it=)
一年多以前 SilverStarlight said…
"Teen, Inc." Not only was is compleatly lame(I never even finished it) it totally ruined the endings of both "1984" AND "Brave New World" for me. So, thanks a million, Stefan Petrucha. Ugh.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 xoxinkheartxox said…
hmmm
mine would have to be Lord of the flies and 'it' by stephen king..i couldnt even get passed the first 20 pages in that one!
一年多以前 Allieee said…
monkey
walk two moons by sharon creech. but I was forced to. It was something from school.
一年多以前 jackandjill2 said…
I just read a really bad book called "Saving Juliet". Can't remember who wrote it. I usually love the idea of re-writing the perspective of Shakespeare's plays, but this was horrible. The author didn't get Juliet's character at all and turned Benvolio into a rapist. No kidding.
一年多以前 chickens_rule said…
TWILIGHT!!!!!!!
一年多以前 r-pattz said…
^ I agree!
一年多以前 CutiegirlXtreme said…
First is Twilight, there's no need to explain how bad this book is. Next is the first book in the Emily the Strange series, which is Emily the Strange: The Lost Days. I'm sorry to the people who are Emily the Strange fans but the book didn't appeal to me. And last is Elsewhere, I think I was ten when I read it and I absolutely hate it. The main character, which is a Mary-Sue by the way, can't stop bitching and whining about that she died and that she need to go back to the real world. I just want to shout "SHUT UP!" at her.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 sugarcane15 said…
angry
firethorn by sarah mickiem
一年多以前 ambyie said…
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was two years old and my mother got me a barney book, she thought. Hey what the lets scare my daughter to death. So she gives me the book but there is a cover covering the cover so that I could not see the title. I open the book and start screaming. "MOMMY THE MOnSTER HE IS ON THE BOOK GET HIM OFF! KILL HIM MOMMY! KILL! HIM! NOW!" She was laughing, so I went in the kitchen and grabbed the knife and stabbed the picture of barney. After the murdering was finished I said. "There mommy I saved you don't worry the monster is dead now."
一年多以前 mvherring said…
The dear old Twilight Saga, without a doubt.
一年多以前 Lgirl said…
TWILIGHT!!!
一年多以前 life_rehab said…
sick
2. Twilight saga (especially Breaking Dawn)
1. Marked from House of Night series or smth like that (a couple of hours i'll never get back)

read it if you really wanna convince yourself that there can actually be a worse book than Twilight - you'll laugh your soul out, trust me:))
一年多以前 Laruna said…
Monday's Child. it was truly terrible in every sense of the word. no plot, mediocre writing, and just really crappy characters. i read the whole thing, but even now i wish i hadn't.
一年多以前 bookworm12345 said…
If reading one page and laughing histaricaly couse the writings so bad twilight if reading the whole book um well
a wrinkle in time-pure tourture
the cay
tuck everlasting
summer of the swans
sign of the beaver
the witch of blackbird pond
hatchet
over sea under stone - the other books in the seris r good though