24 *spoilers* "Day 7, 8:00PM - 9:00PM" reaction... Breathe, everyone...

mygreghouse posted on Mar 10, 2009 at 03:10AM
THE DEATH OF BILL BUCHANAN

Was it unexpected? -Yes.
Was it a traditional corny "24" death? -No.
Did they leave room for a catch (such as the resurrection of Tony)? -No. The clock didn't beep.
Was it heartbreaking? -YES!!

For me, this sudden loss came out of nowhere. Emotionally, it was a huge weight that came crashing from the sky and onto my fanhood... As a huge Buchanan supporter since his season 4 showcase, I've wanted to see Bill go everywhere with Jack. When Jack has his death, which we all know is coming sooner or later, the person I would want to be at Jack's side would be Bill, first and foremost. Unlike Tony, Bill is the kind of friend to Jack that you know will lead you with no surprises. That's the kind of person Jack needed, and I feel that it's a huge loss to the Bill-fan community and to Jack, himself.

But plotwise, his was so unexpected that you know the old "24" is back and the story is no up and running once more. Now Jack is motivated (more so than usual) and we see the first hint of personal emotion in this season. (Undoubtedly, Kim's return - thanks to Auseillo - is going to trigger the ol' Bauer Breakdown once more.)

Jack's reaction to Bill's untimely demise was one of the most heart-wrenching ones we've ever seen on the show.

Thoughts? Or just tears?

If anyone can upload the clip from this episode of Bill's death (and Jack's tearjerking reaction), much appreciated.

24 4 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
crying
It all happened so fast!! Kiefer is such an amazing actor, he handled that whole scene so amazingly. I was so proud. I'm still so sad!!
一年多以前 mygreghouse said…
I know!! Oh, my goodness... I think my heart just shattered completely in that split second. And Kiefer is THE actor. That was the most incredible acting I've ever seen from him on the show.

"This is Buchanan Fan mygreghouse, and today is the saddest day of my life."
一年多以前 ryans_love said…
crying
as i watched bill wrestle with that guard and shoot the gun, my heart broke into a million pieces. as i saw the explosion, my eyes started to fill so fast i could hardly see the screen. oh, bill...
and kiefer's acting was AMAZING. they have played these roles for so long that i bet it felt just like he was really gone. oh, bill...
i wonder where karen is?
mind if i borrow the quote, mygrehouse?
"THis is Buchanan Fan ryan's_love, and today is the 2nd saddest day of my life (after tony's death)."
一年多以前 konstance788 said…
It was a heartwrenching scene. I was not expecting Buchanan to die, but if it was gonna happen, it happened the right way. Buchanan died no less brave and fierce than I would have wanted and he did it in such a way that reinforced his loyalty to Jack. I also found it incredibly well acted when Walker sees Jack by Bill's side. She understood so much in those few seconds.