24 24 Viewing Party

jlhfan624 posted on Jul 03, 2011 at 11:25PM
Because DAMMIT this show deserves far more than 3000 fans, and only 5 active ones (on a good day!)

It's the summer. Most TV doesn't come back on for awhile, and people are always looking for something new to watch, so I say - why not 24? It has everything you could ever want, and it keeps you hooked and on the edge of your seat from seasons 1-8. This idea formed to start a larger fanbase for what I (and many) consider to be the greatest television show ever. It's even God's favorite tv show, but don't tell him I told you that.

I will provide you links to streaming the episodes of the week if you have no other means to watch the show. (But most Big Lots stores have seasons 1-6 for $6 each and it would be the greatest thing you ever spent money on.) After you watch the episodes of the week, you are free to discuss what you just watched in this forum. What better way to bond than over great television?

Still aren't convinced? Take a look at this article - link

Fan Testimonials
- "24 changed television, and set the bar incredibly high for what good television should be. This has all you could ever want, and then some! You will laugh, you will cry (and I mean really cry...), and you will be on the edge of your seat thinking you know what will be next but you never will."
-jlhfan624

- "Every episode of 24 is like an action movie, only better! It's an intense roller coaster ride that will tug at your heart, make you think and entertain you nonstop."
-fanfly

- "24 virtually changed my life. I had no idea that any show could be so awesome until i saw 24. The suspense, the cliffhangers, the characters...it all makes for amazingness and everyone should experience it. It's my favorite show ever and I don't think it will ever change!"
-HuddyJoy0524

Basics
- The "party" will last for 24 weeks (I'm a clever devil). 8 episodes in a week, a season lasting 3 weeks. There are 192 episodes & a tv movie total, spanning over 8 seasons.
- Spoilers may be posted here, as this is meant to be a discussion about the episodes too. Though be slightly courteous to passerby and label the top of your post very clearly with 'Spoilers!'. Bold it, capitalize it, whatever you have to do to make it known. Do NOT spoil ahead for the next week though.
- Anyone can participate. The only requirement is that you be patient with the show. You will be rewarded in the end - trust me.
- WEEK ONE IS STARTING JULY 10TH!
- Tell your friends!

He wants you to join our party. You don't want to tell Jack Bauer no, do you?!
 Because [b]DAMMIT[/b] this 显示 deserves far 更多 than 3000 fans, and only 5 active ones (on a good d
last edited on Jul 04, 2011 at 06:53PM

24 72 回复

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 72

一年多以前 fanfly said…
big smile
I definitely don't want to tell Jack no.
 I definitely don't want to tell Jack no.
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
laugh
Best ever!
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
Okay...so I just sent a message to one of the F4 and asked them about promoting us on the front page. I came up with this promo paragraph but he could very well change it, which is okay. I just asked him to at least keep the last line in XD

"It's summer, and you're bored, yet nothing is on tv. The 24 Viewing Party is to the rescue! 24 is a fast-paced serial drama about one man trying to save the world. That man is Jack Bauer. Join the 24 Viewing Party to watch good television, make fast friends, and make summer go by much quicker. You know what they say - If you don't watch 24, you don't know Jack!"

Whatcha think?
一年多以前 fanfly said…
cool
^Perfect!
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
heart
Figured I should post this -

Season 1 trailer! Oh the nostalgia...I miss those days.
一年多以前 fanfly said…
cool
Oooh, cool. I never saw the promos. There's so many little goodies out there for me to eat up. XD
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
This wasn't the first promo I remember seeing back in '01, but I do remember seeing it. The one I saw had a more blue background but I can't find it anywhere!

Yes...so much for you to see still! :D
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
crying
Since you didn't watch the show on air, I doubt you've seen this (unless you stumbled across it on Youtube). They showed this right before they aired the last 2 episodes. I was so unprepared for the show to end to begin with and then Kiefer comes on and thanks US for all of our dedication. WHY?! That's just the icing on the already depressing cake. Don't thank me Kiefer, thank YOU for giving me 10 incredible years.
一年多以前 fanfly said…
heart
^Oohhh that was sooo sweet.
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
hmmm
So...this isn't great, because I don't have a good program and even if I did...it wouldn't be great either. But, this is what I came up with.
一年多以前 clm-anomaly said…
I'm so in!

I have a friend that's been hounding me about watching it for a year now, so this is perfect. I'll go try to find the DVDs at Target on Tuesday, but if I can't find them around town, I'll just rent them from Blockbuster!

I am excited! :D
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
Awesome! And we are excited to have you on board! It will be a great ride!
一年多以前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
Ahhh this is such a cool idea! I still remember watching the last 2 episodes as they aired and that announcement kiefer made. it was like....omg it actually IS over. it was no getting around it. luckily we have these DVDs to remember it by <3

i let jessicatt know that we are having the viewing party and i know that she stops in occasionally so hopefully that will be someone else to join in :)
一年多以前 Jessicatt said…
smile
I'm in! I don't have quite all of the seasons on DVD, but luckily Netflix has them available to stream. =) I'm on vacation from the 10th to the 26th and won't have reliable Internet access, so I might not be able to participate until the 27th. Hope that's okay...
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
That's perfectly fine! Will you be able to catch up for the week we are on?
一年多以前 Jessicatt said…
smile
I'll do my best to catch up. I'll have to have a 24 marathon for a few days, but I should be able to do it.
一年多以前 fanfly said…
big smile
And here is my promo vid!!
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
I knew yours would be awesome! The song is badass!
一年多以前 fanfly said…
cool
Yeah, I've been dying to do a fanvid to this song for forever! And it fits 24 perfectly IMO.
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
surprise
I think I've seen another video for 24 using that song, and yes it does fit. It just screams 'Kickass!' which is what 24 is.

BTW, is it just me or have you guys noticed a tiny surge in fans since we started this thing? Yesterday sometime, we had 3118. We've hardly ever gotten that many fans at once.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 fanfly said…
^Honestly, I haven't noticed one way or the other but it would stand to reason that our efforts have paid off a little bit! XD
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
smile
Well I'm always looking at the # of fans we have. I still remember when we didn't even have 1000! But I think our efforts have paid off somewhat at least. I just hope that we get a promo on the front page!
一年多以前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
big smile
Hey thats great that we have that many fans now! :)

p.s. @jlhfan i think that we should do this for Frasier at some point as well (after 24 of course). It could help me see them all and it might also get the spot more active. This idea overall is excellent!
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
laugh
Frasier has 264 episodes! That would take a LOOOOT of time. Maybe if this one is successful...

But you know what wouldn't take a lot of time?! HOME MOVIES. There's 52 episodes. Just sayin'... :D
一年多以前 Lie_to_Me_123 said…
big smile
Thanks for inviting me to join! I know I'm a newbie to this show, but I love it so much already, do you mind if I use one of the icons to promote this viewing party? :)
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
Nope not at all! Please feel free, the more users using the icon, the more word gets out!
一年多以前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
big smile
LOL i may be up for that. i dont generally tend to like adult cartoon shows but it might be a good experience for me ;) Plus Frasier is a 24 min show so we could do like 2 a day instead of 1 for a total of like 14 a week or something. could work.

also, next week is the tech week for my show so i may be a little behind on the viewing party but i will do what i can to get caught back up! :D

im excited for it!
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
Even though Home Movies isn't like your typical adult animation. It cannot be compared to South Park (which I also love, so I'm not trying to put it down). Oh well. Everyone's loss! I'll be watching it again.
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
Okay who's excited? I've had the shittiest week of my life, and I've been broody & angsty as hell and this is the only thing that's kept me even remotely happy through it all (and 24 in general, and Brick mostly too). I've got to work 5/7 days this coming week but lucky for me Sunday isn't one of them. I might post the links later tonight after I get off work though, to give me something less to stress about.

/life story
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
Okay so nobody else is excited? Super.
一年多以前 fanfly said…
big smile
I'm excited! I just got off work [having a shitty week myself- which is only going to get worse tomorrow]. But I have been just waiting for this....actually I haven't really waited. I've already rewatched the first half of S1! XD
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
"Twenty-four hours. One full turn of the earth on its axis. Most days blend in to all the others, but some we remember the rest of our lives."

Season 1 Mission:
Jack Bauer is to protect Senator David Palmer from an assassination plot, and rescue his own family from those responsible for the plot.

Week One - July 10-16th
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link

Have fun!
一年多以前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
cool
LOL im excited too my fanpop time has just been really limited :/
一年多以前 Dean-girlx said…
mischievous
Sweeeeet! :D ^_^ *dives in*
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
Don't forget to tell us what you think after you watch! :D
一年多以前 Dean-girlx said…
mischievous
So! I've watched 1x01-1x03 and like half of 1x04! I love it so far :D
一年多以前 fanfly said…
big smile
Yay! I'm glad you like it. My favourite part in the first episode is when Jack shoots George Mason with that tranque gun. I was like holy-!
一年多以前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
^LOL thats like my favorite part to. And in 1x01 when Jack and Teri are just happy for those couple minutes before their world falls apart
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
Don't forget Mandy! Whose tiny self blew up a plane because she's a BAMF.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 fanfly said…
^Yeah Mandy was BA. I love how cool and calm she is as she's suiting up for her jump and keeping an eye on the bomb's timer.

So that scene where Jack and Richard Walsh are in a gunfight and after killing the baddies Jack says he's going to go ID them, I was like wth? Like these guys are going to be carrying valid driver's licenses! And then he cut that guy's finger off and I was like oooohhh! LOL That makes more sense. XD
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
heart
Jack Bauer has never, ever defined the term 'conventional'. He makes me swoon.

Because I apparently get off on cutting people's fingers off.
一年多以前 Dean-girlx said…
mischievous
^ Lmao! :P I love Mandy, I was like what is she up to, why is she stealing the photographers wallet? =O OMG BOMB =O it was pretty badass. .. Plus she's Isobel from The Vampire Diaries! Not that you guys probably watch that show but when I first saw her I was like =O I KNOW HER! and it bugged me until I figured it out .. and now i'm rambling on and on for no reason >_< Heh. :P

I also really like Jack's daughter and Larry, the guy who helped them run.
一年多以前 fanfly said…
big smile
^Yeah I like Kim and Larry too. And if you're excited to see an actress from TVD just wait- you're going to freak later in the season when you see who guest stars! XD
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
hmmm
I'm the exact opposite. I see somebody on another show or in a movie and I'm like "They're from 24!!!" and then freak out. There were some people I already knew before but mostly, it's like that.

I live a very depressing life.
一年多以前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
OMG i do that all the time too! I look at someone and it's like...they are from 24. Even if they were on the other show/movie i am watching first. :p

the cutting off the finger always freaked me out. i watched it and was like "eeeeeeeeeuuugghhh!" still freaks me out.

also, discussion on mandy and her gf. just using her or did she really love her? hmmm....
一年多以前 fanfly said…
I think Mandy loved her [look at her face after she gets shot] but she's too much of a pro to let that get in the way of doing the job/getting paid/surviving.
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
the cutting off the finger always freaked me out. i watched it and was like "eeeeeeeeeuuugghhh!" still freaks me out.

How do you even like horror movies then?! That was like a cake walk.
一年多以前 fanfly said…
^Yeah, even I didn't think it was that gross and I'm a total wuss when it comes to horror movies.

There is another scene [I won't mention specifics] in Season 6 that makes me gag. I think those who've seen that season know what I'm talking about. :PPPPP
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 jlhfan624 said…
Even that didn't bother me. I have an extremely high tolerance for gore/gross stuff. 1/4 of my dvd collection IS horror after all. I'm too desensitized.
一年多以前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
@jlhfan oh i love scary movies the gore bothers me though. Thats why stuff like the saw i shy away from. i love a good, scary psychological thriller but when blood and guts are everywhere...i get squeamish lol. plus when i see that i start thinking "oh gosh now if that happened to me it would hurt like..." *shudders*

but im working on it...and getting better! ;)

@fanfly Morris's shoulder? :p That scene was bad but it didnt actually show much of it so it didnt bother me as much. You know what really got to me was Jack being tortured in season 2, VERY graphic. :/