电子游戏 Important information/idea for Australian gamers (regarding release dates)

knifewrench posted on Sep 12, 2008 at 04:11PM
I'm sure that many of you are aware of how Australia gets a horrible deal when it comes to video games. By the time I've completed a new game, Australians will probably have to wait 2 months to purchase it.

Well, a certain genius called "Sloth" from the NooBTooB forums has come up with a fantastic, simple but brilliant solution:
- Import a US version of the console
- Import all your games from the US

Fantastic... absolutely "why the heck did I not think of that?"!

Many thanks to Sloth.

Happy gaming to you all :)

电子游戏 6 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 BlueBadger said…
Why didn't I think of that either? And this buying strategy could work not just for Australia, but Britain and England too. All three of those countries are part of the United Kingdom (UK). Anyway, the only flaw is that it might cost more money, if not exactly the same amount, to import the games then to just buy them from a store in the UK. But those are just my thoughts. Who knows how it would REALLY turn out?
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 knifewrench said…
Aussies get ripped off regarding prices as well. They have to pay the equivalent of 90 US dollars for one game. It would be cheaper for them to import a game from America where the price is only 60 US dollars.
一年多以前 maybeastarbucks said…
Correction: Most games in the U. S. are $50 USD.
一年多以前 knifewrench said…
Well, there we go. Shows even more how much the Australian gamers are getting ripped off.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 BlueBadger said…
Exactly. In fact, buying a game console over there is even worse. You see, a Wii costs $250, here in America. While a Wii in Australia costs $400! Also, the PS3 is currently $400, so I DON'T think you want to know how much it is in the UK.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 knifewrench said…
Oh I know how much it is in the UK. XD