吸血鬼 Please don't take offense 或者 condemn me for this one...

TheCountess posted on Dec 28, 2007 at 06:39AM
My brain is off in one of those strange places again, and in no way is this meant to be sacriligious or offensive to anyone...
I was brought up as a strict Catholic when I was younger, and even then kind of wondered about this (and other things)... I know that's not what it physically is, but what exactly is eating the body of Christ, and drinking the blood of Christ supposed to represent? I think we were told for enlightenment or something like that, but the representation seems like it almost encourages cannabalism and/or vampirism.
Is this yet another ceremony that may have originated and been adapted from the Pagan religions or mythologies by the church?

Any thoughts?

吸血鬼 20 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
wow that is such an interesting thought and do you know what it makes me think of? the fact that to become a vampire (in most mythology anyway) you have to drink some of their blood too

maybe jesus was a vampire and all his deciples got turned by drinking his blood at the last supper it would explain how he managed to life a massive boulder by himself and rise from the grave again! maybe thats where the whole vampire ating crosses myth comes from

i think i just took that a little too far and i hope i don't offend anyone it was just my mind going off on one
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
...Very interesting additional thoughts!
I'm sure there might be a few other people thinking about it too. Whether or not they say something is another thing.
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
lol we should put it on debate
"do you think jesus christ was a blood sucking feind"

man i am so going to hell!
ahh well i'll just have to be sired and live forever
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
I think this is an interesting theory - unfortunately this rainy weather is killing my hands so I can't respond much at the moment. It hurts. ;>
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
*bump* anyone wana contridict or add to the jesus theories
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 momo_gurl11 said…
I don't think jesus was a vampire at all. but maybe they did get this idea from vampires. Thpugh i don't pay attention much in church. Good theory though, thecountess.
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
I don't think so either, but there do seem to be similarities with some of the beliefs.
Life everlasting / eternal life afterwards?
...and I like amazondebs theory about rising again, and being able to move the boulder that covered the entrance.
一年多以前 Lars said…
That resurection story was taken from a much earlier story I think was an Egyptian king.
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
now you got me curious... I've got a large book on resurrection somewhere in the house, but for the life of me, I have no idea where. I've got way too many things stored in unlabeled boxes.
一年多以前 dazl said…
Resurrection and Egypt? Something like the whole Osiris and Iris mythology?
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
Hell, the whole book was plagiarized...

Might have been the Osiris thing, Dazl. I'll try to find it when I have more time.
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
someone should sue the prophets for plagiarism

*please don't sue me for saying that :)
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
I think the statute of limitations has long expired on that. ...and I don't think you have to worry about any of them being around to prosecute either.
一年多以前 dazl said…
By the way, that should read Isis.

And if we are talking about the Bible, one would do well to remember that Constantine the Great, credited with the whole Roman Empire conversion to Chrstianity, didn't want to annoy people by a sudden conversion, instead choosing to combine the mythologies of the pagan Roman religion and the basic tenements of Christianity.

So there could very well be something to do with vampirism in the whole transubstantiation practice.

And I am not making this up. We studied it in history last semester.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 TheCountess said…
OK, now you actually made me look it up. If anyone else is interested, you can learn a bit more with these links: link and link (hope I did this right)
一年多以前 dazl said…
Yep, its official. Jesus was a vampire.
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
and all this time i thought he was hitler!
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
link

Lot of politics there, but also a whole hella lot on the lies of christianity and the bible story thefts.

weeeeeeeeee
一年多以前 DrDevience said…
As a side note, have you watched the movie 'Jesus Christ, Vampire hunter'?

Pretty funny schlock.
一年多以前 amazondebs said…
no??? seriously theres a movie called that?
*goes to go find it*