Vampire Academy Anyone else not fond of Adrian?

essie1689 posted on Sep 08, 2016 at 01:01AM
Note: I have not read Bloodlines yet, but I'm looking forward to it, as I hear it provides Adrian some much-needed growth and development. This post pertains only to Adrian in VA.

I'd been hoping Christian had already fulfilled the "bad boy with a heart of gold" quota for the series, but then creepy Adrian came along, using compulsion on Rose, stalking her dreams, making unwanted sexual advances, buying extravagant gifts despite her clearly stating multiple times that she wasn't interested, and eventually blackmailing her into dating him. This is the behavior of a sexual predator, one who constantly disrespects boundaries, wins women over with flashy trinkets, then dumps her as soon as he gets into her pants. Not only that, he gives Jill that repulsive nickname Jailbait, acts hurt when Rose calls him out for harassment, and whines that no one respects him when he's barely done anything to earn respect.

Granted, once he starts dating Rose, he's loving, attentive, respectful of boundaries, and makes an effort to improve himself. But I find his prior behavior unpleasant and unacceptable. There were so many red flags signalling that Rose should run the other way.

Vampire Academy No 回复