办公室 I 爱情 The Office but...

BBD posted on Feb 28, 2009 at 03:50PM

...does anyone else think it's really gone downhill this season? I know it's difficult to keep coming up with new storylines but I think they should have ended it when Jim and Pam hooked up.

Any thoughts...?

办公室 18 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 flyin_rhino said…
It's still my favourite TV show!
一年多以前 shannieannie said…
it's still my favorite, but i do agree. it has been going downhill lately. i hope the writers do something to bring it back to the show it used to be.
一年多以前 smoore23 said…
The perfect place to end, IMO, would've been the season 3 finale. It cleared up so much: Jam got together (I think we all could've figured that they'd end up together), Michael/Jan moving in together, Ryan getting the corporate job, etc.

Seasons 4 and 5 have just not been nearly as great as the first 3 seasons. It's not the same type of smart humor, I guess.

I still enjoy watching the show of course, but yeah, it has gone downhill.
一年多以前 leigh99 said…
I thought that for a while but I thought the last few episodes were getting better than the start of this season.
一年多以前 chel1395 said…
cool
I think you all just hurt my heart! Just kidding, but I think Season Five has been amazing. Season Four was below part, but this season has been back up to 'Office' standards. While Season Three is still my favorite, I want this show to be like the Energizer bunny; it keeps going and going and going... ;D
一年多以前 hiraxm said…
angry
thank you BBD for your observation. I just finished watching the "willie Wonka" episode and must say in my opinion, it's the best one so far, but still does not hold up to previous seasons. The current season , since the very first episode is not as funny, takes the viewer for granted, and does not adhere to the identity of the characters.( example: Pam is very supportive of Michael's antics in several episodes, where in previous seasons, she would have been reluctant or even refusing to support his behavior.) Thats what makes Michael's acts so funny, the rest of the office's lack of support or "normal" reactions. I hope these characters' writers don't forget the personalities of the characters to the extent that 'Sienfeld' characters suffered in thier later seasons. (If you were a fan of the show the way I was , you know it sucked shortly after Larry David left.)
一年多以前 Officefan222 said…
sad
Yeah, I've noticed that, too. It's just not as funny, on the verge of stupid. I miss the clever remarks that Jim always was saying, and
Dwight/Angela drama! It's just not as interesting anymore! Season 3 was definitly my favorite by far.
一年多以前 pencilcup said…
hmmm
I love the Office, BUT I have to admit that I agree with you. I can't seem to put my finger on what has happened to the show, or what it's lacking. Or did we all just get so used to the jokes and energy of this show that we are bored by now...?
Or are the guys too occupied with the spin off project, so the main focus isn't on our Scranton friends anymore?
I dunno. I'll keep watching though. And I have to say that the latest episodes have been better, so I'll remain hopefull and loyal.
一年多以前 IndianKelly said…
The show seems unfocused. Where's Witty Jim? Arrogant Dwight? Annoying Andy? Sweet Pam? Sour Angela? Most of the characters seemed to have lost their luster...Stanley has been having some great one liners lately (Michael: "You just lost out on a million dollars"; Stanley: "No I didn't") But BJ's coming back next week...let's see where that gets us.
一年多以前 the_bunkster said…
still the best show on the earth! and always will be! if you are hating the office, you are hating everything that us fans stand for! BE A REAL FAN!!!
一年多以前 leigh99 said…
I do not think anyone is saying that they hate the office. I think people just miss the humor and character traits that got them hooked on the show.
一年多以前 Jinx22 said…
hmmm
i honestly haven't been too disappointed with this season. not as good as seasons 2/3 i guess...just different. it's not like they can keep it the same though- keeping the characters as they were in season 3 would have been stupid. people change. i think the writers are doing a great job in coming up with new ideas :)
一年多以前 hiraxm said…
Well said 'IndianKelly'. I just hope the show responds to the feedback of its fans. It's too new to go down the tubes.
一年多以前 caintil31 said…
That's how the british Office ended. With Tim and Dawn finally getting together. I thought it was great because it had that bit of ambiguity. Sometimes I feel like the show is getting drawn out. I'm wondering how they're going to end it because there were a couple of moments where it could have ended and it would be perfect.
一年多以前 supercalo23 said…
I do understand where everyone is coming from. But, we have to remember something. One of the reasons the last two seasons have seemed to go down hill is because of how attached we have become to the older episodes. I know from my own situation that it's hard for the newer episodes to live up to the first three seasons because I've watched those episodes so many times and have grown to love them,
一年多以前 salsashanno said…
It's not the same, but I still love it. I think they're done a pretty fair job of coming up with new story lines and trying to keep it fresh. The beginnings and ends of the seasons are always really good, I just find that when it's in the middle they're not as funny. This season especially, there were only a handful of episodes where I was REALLY laughing out loud. But I still love the show and the characters. I like that we get to see Jim and Pam together as a couple, I don't think it should've ended at season three.
一年多以前 smoore23 said…
Yeah, supercalo23 makes a good point. I know I'm the same way. I've watched seasons 1, 2, and 3 SOOOO many times that I can quote them and I still LOL at them. It's fantastic. Whereas with seasons 4 and 5 I've only watched most of those episodes once, maybe twice. But at the same time, I can tell it's not just me and my nostalgia - the show really has changed: the humor is just no longer the same as it was in its glory days.
一年多以前 hiraxm said…
All good things come to an end , I'm afraid. Just hope it's later than sooner.