The Host Fanmade Deleted Scene

pwooden posted on Jul 10, 2010 at 06:34PM
Poor Ian and Wanda! They finally profess their enduring love for each other but have no time or privacy to do anything about it. This is my take on:

AFTER THE RAINS

The morning came when we awakened to a change in the atmosphere. The harsh drone of the storms was gone, and the bright desert sun was already making its way into the tunnels. The only sound we could hear was excited whispering around us.

“OK, folks, I need your attention.” Jeb stood in front of the room next to a large bin of fabric. “Looks like the rains have finally stopped. Everybody needs to go back to the last job they were at before it started raining. Make sure everything’s dry and back to normal. Got towels here if you need ‘em. After you’re done your chores, dry out your rooms. By sunset I want all mats and mattresses out of here. If anyone needs help, let me know. Now get going—we’ve got work to do.”

People slowly started drifting out of the room. Jeb casually strolled past where Ian and I sat on our mattress. Without looking directly at us, he murmured, “Ian, Wanda—I want a word with you.” He kept walking until he was at the far end of the room. I looked at Ian—he shrugged, and helped me up. We walked over to where Jeb was waiting.

“The way I see it,” Jeb started as we approached, “Wanda here has been through Hell and back the last couple of months.” He shook his head. ”Nobody should have to go through what this kid has. Seems to me she’s earned herself some time off. Now, I figure we got enough extra hands to do without her for a little while. Starting tomorrow, she’s on a week’s vacation.”

He looked directly at Ian. “Now, you know how she is—never took a day off since she’s been here. I’m making it your job to stay with her and make sure she follows my rule.”

“Jeb…” Ian started.

“Get out of here—I’ve got work to do.” Jeb turned his back on us and walked away.

I wasn’t surprised to see Jared and Melanie waiting for us when we returned to our mattress. Jared’s expression was wary. “What was that all about?” he demanded.

Ian didn’t say anything for a moment. Then he replied softly. “Jeb thinks Wanda needs a vacation. She’s not allowed to work for the next week.”

“And…” Jared waited.

“And it’s my job to stay with her and see that his orders are carried out.”

Jared’s face was tight as he stared at Ian. I had the feeling everyone knew something that I didn’t. I looked to Melanie for an answer and saw that her face was lit up in a smile.

“Do you know what’s he’s giving you?” she asked quietly. I shook my head, uncomprehending.

She leaned over to whisper in my ear.

“A honeymoon.”

The Host 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 Kittily said…
i love it! you really did well! please write a sequel =)