The Fanfic Forever: Book 2-- Rise Above

hollistergurl posted on Nov 10, 2011 at 08:05PM
Book 1: The Beginning
Rating: C+-- mild language
Main Characters: Ariela Fosters, Nico DiAngelo, Percy Jackson, Jason Grace, Annabeth Chase, Piper McLean, and Leo Valdez
OC: Ariela Fosters
Synopsis: It has been 3 years since the war with Gaea and the Giants. The demigods of Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter have been living in peace: very few monsters had attacked them and there were no prophecies said yet. But, their peace ends when a new prophecy is announced that a new demigod will succeed against a war with the monsters. The monsters have gotten stronger and smarter each year, no longer held back by a leader, creating chaos.
*A/N: The demigods won the war against Gaea & the Giants, Hazel and Frank died, and Jason and Piper are a couple.
this forum is chapters 6-end. chapters 1-5 are on the Heroes of Olympus club
link

Book 2: Rise Above
Rating: C+-- mild language
Main Characters: Emily Greenwood, Nico DiAngelo, Percy Jackson, Jason Grace, Annabeth Chase, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez
OC: Ariel Fosters (from Book 1), Emily Greenwood
Synopsis: Two years ago, Nico DiAngelo attempted to bring back Ariel Fosters, but failed. He has recieved banishment from Zeus, who had done this job without any of the other gods' consent. Some are on his side; others are angry. The gods are fighting constantly ever since this dispute, wanting Zeus's throne; they are disrupting the mortal world with hurricanes, volcanoes erupting, and major earthquakes. The demigods of Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter must work together in order to stop a possible World War 3; but who is the mysterious new demigod, who seems to have all powers of the gods and other powers that are unknown?
Disclaimer: Everything from Percy Jackson and the Olympians + The Heroes of Olympus belongs to Rick Riordan.

Dedications:
to EVERYONE reading this forum and commenting, you guys are AWESOME. <3 thanks for keeping this forum on Popular Content for most of the time! :D
PLEASE KEEP ON COMMENTING! :D

check out my other forums:
-Heroes of Olympus Talk Show! (3-way collab: me, universalpowa, nicecatch42)
link
-The Darkness Rising (collab: me & kronos429)
link
-The Heroes of Olympus Musical (collab: me & universalpowa)
link
-The Regretted Choice (collab: me & MisterPerfect1)
link
-Turning Back Time (collab: me, universalpowa, and Meef)
link
-The Hearth Lost
link
last edited on Apr 12, 2012 at 01:31AM

The Fanfic 973 回复

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 973

一年多以前 tortillialuvsrr said…
post soon!!
一年多以前 the-time-thief said…
cake
Ya! New page!!! Here have cake!! And Happy Birthday!!!
一年多以前 pink-bookworm said…
Awesome.
一年多以前 jjspecht said…
big smile
happy birthday just read this whole thing it's great
一年多以前 DMLIME said…
big smile
Great chapter...AGAIN! :) Post soon!
一年多以前 Kaia143 said…
Post soon!!!!
一年多以前 MisterPerfect1 said…
laugh
I love your chapters. They are not too lng, and not to short. Just right! (<--Goldilocks impersonation. LOL.) Kee p up the good work!
last edited 一年多以前
post soon
一年多以前 Kronos429 said…
lol Alex, even that would make it better
and hollister, what's with the 'teehees'
一年多以前 hollistergurl said…
lol thanks guys thats a lot of comments...! teehee! I'll probably post Friday and I'll edit most of the chapters that I have already written up (I got like 10 more chapters written up lol) and try to balance the action/nonaction...
and Kronos, who doesn't love saying TEEHEE?
TEEHEE!
一年多以前 number1pjfan said…
laugh
I think the mix is fine. Tee hee! If you have 10 chapters typed up, would you mind posting them and making your fans happy? You should know because of anakalusmus how annoying it is when no one posts.
post!
一年多以前 Kaity_daAwesome said…
cake
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! Im alway late to everything....I was late to my own b/day party once...That stunk. ANYway great Chap.!

Ok, lemme try this, TEEH-Ah,No not happening.

-Kaity- OH, i got you some cake! It cake flavored!
一年多以前 Kaia143 said…
crying
Ok I will wait for them. just dont b like the other writer that drop off in the middle of the story ok
一年多以前 number1pjfan said…
Tee hee! I was late to my own birthday party once too! I'm always late to everything...
i am exactly like that number1pjfan! TEEHEE
hahahaah I got you guys saying TEEHEE! woopwoop :) lol
So the reason I'm not posting now or like everyday is cuz I want to keep you guys in suspense.. but I will post a character extra tomorrow probably.
TEEHEE! :D
一年多以前 number1pjfan said…
wink
Would you mind doing it today?! That makes sense though. And for the record, I've ALWAYS said teehee
laugh
YAY POST!!!!!! TEEHEE!
big smile
post when you can!!!! i reply too much!! TEEHEE
一年多以前 Kaia143 said…
worried
Still waitnging..............................and waiting............…..............and waiting for more chaptures to come
sick
Sorry guys I'm sick and my head hurts really bad... I might post tonight but idk.. Sorry :\
一年多以前 DMLIME said…
sad
I hate it when I'm sick and I know it's annoying so don't be sorry but posting will only make you feel better for doing a good thing for us. Hope you get better!
zzz
Thanks DMLIME... So yeah I'm posting cuz I'm bored and my headache feels A LITTLE bit better.. I was going to write a chapter today but I think I'll hold that off until tomorrow, so I might only be able to post 1 chapter tomorrow.. But anyways, enjoy..

Character Extra 7: Piper

Piper couldn’t believe all the bad luck they’d been having so far in the quest. Monsters had been attacking them every single day since they left Camp Half-Blood.

Percy had managed to find a gas station nearby, and the demigods were on the move down south. They passed a sign that said, “You are now leaving Virginia, the State of Lovers.”

Piper glanced at Jason. His electric blue eyes met hers, and she could feel a spark. She had no doubts that their relationship would stay the same, possibly get even better.

According to Nico, they were entering North Carolina. The dashboard’s clock in the car read 12:00 AM, and Annabeth suggested they stop here and sleep in the car.

Piper was restless, though, and she volunteered to take first watch, stepping out of the car into the night. She could feel that something big would happen soon, but she didn’t know what or when.

There was a noise behind her, and out of instinct Piper took out Katropis and whipped around to find—Jason.

“Whoa, Pipes, I’m only coming to accompany you.” He said, his eyes smiling.

Piper put Katropis back, plopping on the ground next to Jason.

“Can’t sleep?” She asked him.

Jason nodded. “Yep. Something feels… weird.”

“Yeah… something definitely is different about this quest.”

They both stared at the stars, and even though something felt uneasy, Piper was just glad that she wasn’t the center of this quest. For once, she had a feeling that things would be quiet for a while at Camp Half-Blood after this whole thing was over.
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
:\
smile
Hope you feel better!! That was an awesome chapter!! Post when ever you can no rush!
post no rush
一年多以前 Kaia143 said…
smile
Yes please get well soon
一年多以前 Kronos429 said…
stop with the teehees -_____________-
一年多以前 universalpowa said…
^ no TEEHEES are AWSHUM!! :D
keep posting its awshum :D
Thanks guys I feel a lot better today. :) My throat still kind of hurts but other than that I'm fine. Originally this chapter was supposed to have some action, but you guys suggested I tone it down a little bit, so enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 22: Ariel

Ariel tossed and turned in the cramped space in the car. Nico was taking up all the space, stretching his feet out all the way to her side of the seat, snoring and drooling.

She tried to move his skinny legs, but Nico just stretched and his legs were now in Ariel’s lap. Ariel sighed and gave up, resting her head on the cool window.

She had been trying to sleep for two hours now, but with no such luck. Her eyes felt tired, but her mind wasn’t. She was thinking about this quest, and what it could mean. She was also wondering if and when she would ever see her mom again…

Ariel lay in her uncomfortable position in the cramped car. She longed to go back to Camp Half-Blood, to peace and quiet. But there was this weird feeling she had, that she would never see Camp Half-Blood again…

She started thinking about the quest, which she hadn’t thought about since the first day they had received it.

The chaos of monsters has invaded,

‘Well, that’s obvious.’ She thought. ‘The monsters are basically bringing chaos, since they have no leader and just attack.’

The final chapter of Olympus must be raised.

‘This one too, is clear. Obviously we have to stop the monsters from bringing down Olympus… but how are they going to bring it down?’

All is in the hands of a child of mixed families

‘Everything is determined in the actions of the demigod of this prophecy… But who is it?’

And to the sea of monsters is where the battle lies.

‘This one is also obvious… Since we’re already heading towards the Bermuda Triangle.’ Ariel thought, shivering at the remembrance of her vision of Charybdis and Scylla.

The job will get done by seven,

‘The job will get done by us.’

And although romantic ties will be kept, one will be broken;

Ariel thought hard on this one. ‘The prophecy says ALL romantic ties will be kept… so how could one be broken? And whose?’

The goal will be succeeded,

Ariel relief-sighed. ‘We’ll defeat the monsters, and we’ll save Olympus.’

But the true meaning will be defeated.

‘What’s the true meaning? How is it going to be defeated…?’ Ariel thought sleepily, as she finally fell asleep with her ideas swirling in her head.

Ariel had hoped she wouldn’t get any dreams or visions, but of course she did. She found herself in Rome, and spotted a woman with long, wavy brown hair wearing a floral dress. Something about that woman seemed familiar, but Ariel couldn’t put her finger on it. She saw the woman enter a tiny music shop, humming a tune as she entered it. Ariel followed her, and when she entered the store, her shoulders relaxed as the sound of soft, Italian music filled her ears.

The cashier at the store smiled at the woman. Ariel looked closely at the man, and with a shock realized it was Apollo.

“Ciao, belle.” The cashier said, smiling at the woman.

The strange yet familiar woman smiled back at him. “Ciao. Parli inglese?”

“Si. Would you care to talk in English now?”

“Yes. Actually, I am a native Italian, but I have learned some English from my stepfather. He taught me when I was ten, so now I have grown accustomed to it, having learned it for fourteen years now.”

“Ah, yes, the English language is very… interesting.”

“Have you lived here for long? I have not seen this music store until today; it has caught my eye.”

Ariel saw Apollo pause for a second, then smiled his broad, white teeth. “Ah, no I am visiting for a few weeks, maybe months. I learned Italian back when I lived in Greece, but English has come naturally to me as my third language.”

“Ah, Greece; what an interesting place to live in. The Roman and Greek mythology stories have always fascinated me, and the rivalry of those two countries have also. My own mother is Roman, and I inherit her Italian accent.”

Apollo’s eyes flickered for a moment. “I too, enjoy Greek and Roman mythology.”

“It does have fascinating stories. And I have to say, you remind me of a god…”

Apollo laughed cheerily. “Oh, do I? Which one? I am glad you think of me as handsome, as all the gods were.”

Ariel now soon realized who this woman could be, as she revealed her face more towards Ariel’s direction, and smiled at Apollo. “Well, I have to say you are much handsome. But I have heard that the humans that worshipped the gods thought of Apollo as the most handsome god, and you remind me of him; the god of music, poetry, archery, and healing.

Apollo smiled. “You are certainly right, my dear.”

“About you being handsome…?”

“Well, that too. Do you believe in the myths of the Roman and Greek gods?”

The woman shrugged. “I have always thought the stories fascinating, but have I believed in them? Somewhat.”

“I see. Well, how may I help you then, in this store?”

“Well, this tiny little building caught my eye as I was strolling through town. It just seemed so architectural, like how the Romans built it thousands of years ago. Then when I came in through the door, the sound of Italian music, along with some Greek, I heard, sounded warming and comfortable.”

Apollo smiled. “I do have a love in music.”

“Just like the god, Apollo. You remind me more of him, his personality and his looks. I know that he has two counterparts, as did all the gods, when Rome took over Greece. But to me, I feel you remind me more of the Greek Apollo.”

“Why, thank you. I take that as a compliment. Say, are you busy tonight?”

The woman looked surprised. “Why, no. Why do you ask?”

Apollo smiled confidently. “How about you and me go out for dinner?”

“Why, I’d love to.”

Apollo winked at her. “See you then. Meet me at this store again at seven, and we’ll go from there.”

“Al-alright.” Ariel saw the woman smile warmly back at Apollo, and noticed that she left the store sort of dreamily. She caught another glance at the woman, and now knew for sure who it was: her mother. Except, this woman didn't look like Martha Fosters of today, the one with short black hair and menacing brown eyes; no, she looked young and beautiful, her long, wavy brown hair shining in the sunlight, her light brown eyes sparkling.
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­-
All Italian translations were taken from Google Translate. :)
last edited 一年多以前
heart
AWESOME!!!!! I LOVED IT post soon
laugh
That was great! Loved the romance.
一年多以前 number1pjfan said…
big smile
Wow! That was so good. I wonder how that ties in and if Ariel's mom knew he was Apollo. Maybe when he left, that's what made her bitter...
一年多以前 Kaia143 said…
heart
I luv it!!
一年多以前 DMLIME said…
cool
Brilliant! Post soon! And less dreams. Although they are good, well great actually, I want more reality! Great chapter though as always.
Okay, so imagine Ariel kind of like this, but with hazel eyes.
Btw, this is Hailee Steinfeld who plays Mattie in True Grit
 Okay, so imagine Ariel kind of like this, but with hazel eyes. Btw, this is Hailee Steinfeld who play
smile
Sweet! That wAs awesome!! Post whenever!
一年多以前 pjnadia said…
heart
^ agree plz post soon tht was cool!
Okay guys I've got another chapter for you; not the best but I just pieced together some thoughts I had on Nico... so enjoy!

Chapter 23: Nico

Nico mindlessly twirled his iPad in his hand. He had been awake for almost thirty minutes now, his stomach grumbling like crazy; that was what woke him up: his hunger for food.

He sighed, trying to keep his mind off of all the delicious things in the world: pork chops, barbeque glazed ribs, hamburgers, steaks, meatloaf, pepperoni and sausage pizza, lamb stew…

‘Who cares if Grover wants me to start being a vegetarian.’ Nico muttered to himself, his mouth watering at the thought of meat, meat, and more meat.

Nico shook his head, trying to get the images of wonderful, delicious, exquisite food out of his head; after all, he hadn’t even tried the really good versions of those meat dishes.

He sighed as he became even more awake than he was ten minutes ago. Or maybe it was just him becoming hungrier? Nico wasn’t sure, but could feel the growling and grumbling of his very empty stomach.

‘Percy owes me ten sausage and pepperoni pizzas.’ Nico thought, groaning again at the thought of food.

To keep his mind—and stomach—busy, Nico turned on his iPad to find it now only had half of the battery left. He sighed and mindlessly clicked to the internet, not even knowing what on earth to do.

He glanced at Ariel beside him, who was sleeping but had this funny look on her face. Nico couldn’t stop thinking about her, which was odd for him. He had never been one for romance after all, but being around Ariel made him feel like his old self again, the one who used to play Mythomagic and annoyed everyone around him. That of course, was when Bianca was alive… He was moody after her death, and Nico knew the mistakes that he made; some people even thought he was goth or emo, which really bothered him. All he was was an antisocial demigod with no family (not including Hades) to go to. He was misunderstood for his actions, and even though he got used to the normal life of being a demigod, sometimes he wished he would go back to his old self, the one who didn’t know about this life.

But then Ariel came into his life, and she somehow lifted his spirits to feel like he was that ten year-old again, not the one that everyone thought was moody like a girl on PMS.

Nico looked at his iPad again, the bright white screen filling up the room in the car. He had to admit that even this quest was weird, it was one of the most fun times he had in a long time.

Sure, getting crushed by a Cyclops and hellhound, fighting Medusa, blowing up a train, and getting attacked by a demon chocolate frosted donut wasn’t that amazingly fun, but beating them over and over gave a new confidence in Nico that they were obviously going to prevail on this quest easily. He hadn’t even thought once of the prophecy yet, and didn’t want to. Nico didn’t feel like dwelling on something that felt so easy that it made him wonder what was really going on, since it was still unknown.

Plus, he was just glad to have someone to talk to on this quest. He wasn’t exactly that close with Percy, since they had their son of Poseidon-son of Hades fights and sarcasms, plus he had Annabeth to talk to all the time, or more like making out.

Jason had Piper, and they had each other to talk to (or more like massive making out—even scarier than Percy and Annabeth), and Leo was just well Leo. He was just like Hephaestus, not talking much to humans. Of course, Nico was like that too since his dad was Hades, but at least he had the looks.

And okay, maybe Percy and Annabeth didn’t make out that much, but they obviously didn’t want him around sometimes, so of course Nico didn’t talk to them much after the war with Gaea and the Giants. Plus, them having to save him was just embarrassing and emotional at the same time for Nico.

Which was why he liked the quest because he actually found someone funny and pretty at the same time. Which was also why he kept thinking about the kiss back in the woods, after they had gotten attacked by the hellhounds.

It felt like the best kiss of his life, and he hoped it would last. Nothing had lasted so far for Nico; not his mother, not Bianca, and not Hazel. They all died. Maybe fate wouldn’t be so cruel on him this time?

Nico turned off his iPad, wondering why he turned it on in the first place. All he had done in the thirty minutes since turning his device on was thinking and remembering. It actually felt kind of nice to be in a calm, peaceful state, but he was no yoga master.

Nico yawned and looked at the dashboard in the car, reading the time: 3:50 AM. He finally felt his eyes drooping as he felt peace and happiness (okay, he wasn’t exactly the best hippie) come to him.
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
Sorry for my bad attempt at humor :P
last edited 一年多以前
heart
it was HILARIOUS to me!!! I LOVED IT!!!! :)
一年多以前 _Aphrodite_ said…
laugh
Great story! U better post! Jk :D
一年多以前 DMLIME said…
smile
AWESOME!!! Plz post soon! :D
smile
Awesome! Love it!! Post when ever!! I thought the humor was fine! Of course I laugh a lot at funny or slightly funny things!!
一年多以前 Kaity_daAwesome said…
AWW YEAH! AHHWWESOOOME! Poor Nico. Poor Ariel. AWESOME ANICO! Sheesh, im HYAAAAAAPER! ANYWAYS! Love the chapeters! Yep, im calling them Chapeters! POST SOOOON! OK, I'll shud-up now.

BOO! HA SCARED YOU!
last edited 一年多以前
laugh
^Uhh...since when did "chaapeters" have 2 E's? LOL Post soon.
一年多以前 GreekRULES515 said…
wink
Post soon! I caught up...YEAH!!! Anyways AWESOME!!!!!
post soon plz
Lol
Thanks guys.
I'm posting tomorrow :D
Incase you haven't checked yet...
Me & nicecatch42 have made this forum, called the Heroes of Olympus Talk Show, so please check it out :)

link
一年多以前 universalpowa said…
^ post soon! thats was sooo good! and dont let the fates be cruel! plz!!! im begggin u!! :'(
big smile
yay!!!! i hope you post tomorrow!!!!!! YA!!!