Stormclan Lichenpaw's Tragedy

Edwin3 posted on Jul 22, 2010 at 02:53AM
Swiftbreeze padded quietly outside the camp, intent on a hunt and hoping to run into Lichenpaw. She hadn't seen her daughter all day, not since Shrewclaw had spoken to Sandpaw and her earlier. They had all three left camp together, but only Sandpaw and Shrewclaw had returned.

"She says she's fine and wants to hunt," Shrewclaw had said. But Swiftbreeze was having trouble believing that. Her daughter hadn't been herself lately, and she was worried. More worried than ever. Sandpaw seemed genuinely lifted from the father-daughter chit-chat and had been in a good mood for days, but Lichenpaw had seemed more sullen and had, afterward, simply vanished.

Stormstar was less than pleased. She had ranted and raved for a day, then afterward had muttered about how Lichenpaw would never get her name. But Swiftbreeze was convinced that something else was going on. Mother intuition, she guessed.

Intuition or not, she had to know for sure.

Walking out of the camp, she smelled something interesting. Lichenpaw. And blood.

Panic overwhelmed her instantly and she wondered in that moment why no one had smelled that before. Fernsniffer had gone out looking for her a short while ago, but said there was nothing there.

Running full speed, she came to the gorge and stared in shock. There, lying on the ground, was Lichenpaw.

Lichenpaw was dead.

They could hear her wail back at camp. Everyone could. There was no denying the instant that Daisyflower heard it that Swiftbreeze had found Lichenpaw. She knew the moment it reached her sensitive ears that something had gone wrong.

Everyone seemed to freeze. So did time.

"What was that?" asked Sandpaw, who had been pacing worriedly. Shrewclaw rose to his feet, no doubt in panic for his mate and lost kit.

"I don't know," Stormstar said thoughtfully. "But I don't like it. Tanglescar, take a patrol out NOW and find Swiftbreeze."

The third in command wasted no time. "Fireheart, Duskbreak and Pricklespots, Shrewclaw, and Lionpaw, come with me away!"

And off the cats went.

Swiftbreeze circled her kit despairingly. "Lichenpaw!" She screeched. "Come back! Come back!" Grief was something that couldn't be reached. Nothing could. She was numb of everything but panic. Make this work! Make this work! She remembered her mentor screaming it at her one day in training. You're gonna get dirty sometimes, but you have to make it work!

So that's what she'd do. Throwing herself on the ground, she scrambled to get to her kit's lifeline. Whatever that was.

She wasn't aware of anything. She didn't realize the warriors were behind her until she felt Shrewclaw brush her fur. "Swiftbreeze. Swiftbreeze. Swiftbreeze." He repeated and repeated it until he saw Lichenpaw.

Daisyflower remembered once when she was little, just a newborn, and Spruceleaf was out hunting to stretch her legs. She had paniced and kicked out at everything.

"It's okay, Daisykit," Bluefire had said. "Spruceleaf's just out for some air."

But when Spruceleaf returned, noticing her kit's panic, time had slowed down. Not really, but for Daisykit it had. She could remember looking up, opening her eyes for the first time and seeing her mother's shape in the entranceway, rushing toward her in slow motion before leaning down and licking her head.

"It's okay," she had said sweetly. "Mommy's back." But it had all been slowed down to near standstill. Now, even blind, Daisyflower could still see the look on Spruceleaf's face as a crying Daisykit had curled up to sleep with her. It was the one memory she kept closest and told no one.

That was how it felt when Lichenpaw was carried into camp. Body stiff as a board, but relaxing as rigor left. The stench of decaying rot filled the camp and the elder's den.

Everything was slow as Swiftbreeze came running in, screaming loudly for her dead daughter.

"Lichenpaw!" But it was deep and slow. Daisyflower put her head to her chest, remember the task Lichenpaw had set to do when Daisyflower had heard her last. "Let me clean that for you, Daisyflower. You'll get greencough and I don't want that." Surely with a cheery smile to go with it.

Sighing deeply, Daisyflower listened for Lichenpaw's voice, but heard nothing.

written by Edwin3 and Cara Lea. property of LeamanFamily.inc any and all use of this material without handwritten permission will be reported

Stormclan 261 回复

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 261

一年多以前 SoyalaLeisu said…
cloudy
*leaps at Sandpaw and pushes her back, chargin her back* Stay away! ~Daisyflower~

*begins to twitch repeatedly and jerks suddenly* ~Lichenpaw~
一年多以前 Pennypatch321 said…
angry
*tries to struggle back to Lichenpaw.* No! Lichenpaw! She's hurting! We need to help her!!!
~Sandpaw
一年多以前 SoyalaLeisu said…
*eyes open and are bloodshot* *begins to scream uncat-like* ~Lichenpaw~
worried
*backs away slowly, crouched down* L-L-Lichenpaw? Lichenpaw, this isn't funny anymore... *Lichenpaw screams again* Stop it! *turns and pelts away to the apprentices den*
~Sandpaw
一年多以前 SoyalaLeisu said…
sad
*screams and rolls over, laughing* ~Lichenpaw~

*turns and hisses* Leave us now! Dark Forest Spirit! LEAVE STORMCLAN IN PEACE! ~Daisyflower~

*laughs and flash of light, Lichenpaw falls still and Daisyflower is thrown back* ~Lichenpaw~

*screams and falls backwards, land on back but stands and stares blindly* Is it gone? ~Daisyflower~

~No response from Lichenpaw~
一年多以前 salamence42 said…
Oh my...
一年多以前 SoyalaLeisu said…
meh
*sighs* Pinegrowth. I need Pinegrowth. ~Daisyflower~
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
*walks out of the warriors den * w-what just happened?
-Tanglescar-

*walks out of the medicine den and over to Lichenpaws body* why isnt she moving anymore?
-Birchkit-
一年多以前 arcaninegal123 said…
........ I dunno.....
~Lightninghiss
一年多以前 SoyalaLeisu said…
*glares blankly at cat form that only she can see* It seems that we have an unwelcome visitor. ~Daisyflower~
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
what are you talking about Daiseyflower theres no one there...
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 SoyalaLeisu said…
hmmm
It must be a spirit, that's why I can see it though I'm blind. ~Daisyflower~
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
*nods and doesnt say anything*
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 salamence42 said…
Mmph.
一年多以前 Bluefire7777 said…
okay then.............i hav nothing to say at this moment
一年多以前 Cinderstar said…
was lichenpaw po..po..posested....
一年多以前 SoyalaLeisu said…
meh
*blinks* Yes. ~Daisyflower~
一年多以前 Cinderstar said…
o just checking
一年多以前 ferretandsilt said…
angry
*glares at Daisyflower* What? Why her? WHY HER?! *turns and glares at Fernsniffer* No one believes you, you filthy bitch! You killed my daughter and they believe me! ~Shrewclaw

*stares in worry at brother* Shrewclaw, there is no evidence of what you are accusing. However *turns to Dogtail and lashes tail, baring teeth* There IS evidence of Dogtail having raped and killed her! ~Steamfur
一年多以前 Edwin3 said…
crying
*growls at Shrewclaw* You're crazy! You're insane! How can anyone believe you if you're mentally ill? You are grieving over your daughter, than can be understood, but if this continues, StormClan will be forced to take action. You are no longer safe. ~Fernsniffer

*steps forward and leaps at Shrewclaw* Stop it! You're not who I thought you were! You're going to seriously blame Fernsniffer, Lichenpaw's FRIEND who grieves for her as we do!? I can't believe I had kits with you! YOU ARE NO MATE OF MINE! *glares at Dogtail* Especially if you let that badger go! ~Swiftbreeze
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
calm down both of you we wont do anything till Stormstar says anything! *hissing at both of them*
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 ferretandsilt said…
angry
*falls back in shock* But Swiftbreeze...you can't honestly believe...*falls silent then leaps at Fernsniffer, screaming* Look at what you've done! It's YOUR fault! You're tearing us apart! ~Shrewclaw
一年多以前 Edwin3 said…
crying
*smacks Shrewclaw down* It's YOUR fault! Look at what YOU'VE done! YOU'RE tearing us apart, Shrewclaw! How can I be with someone who would attack the best friend of our kits? You've done it before, to Lionpaw! *head down* I can't do this anymore. I have nothing left. *glares at him* You've taken that! ~Swiftbreeze
一年多以前 TalaLeisu said…
*glares in shock but says nothing* ~Dogtail~
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
*jumps at Shrewclaw knocking him to the ground and pins him to the floor* i said calm down Shrewclaw!
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
your both tearing eachother apart think about the kits you have left!
-Tanglescar-
crying
Mommy, Daddy, Please don't fight! I thought that we were a FAMILY! We aren't supposed to fight! If this is what a family like, then I don't want to be a PART of this family, or any family!
~Sandpaw
crying
Ever since Lichenpaw died, everyone was just determined on who killed her! No one even dared to THINK about me! No one sympathized for my lost sister! No one seemed to CARE! *runs out into the forest crying* (if I'm still confined to camp, then I run to the apprentices den...)
~Sandpaw
一年多以前 flowergirl19 said…
crying
follows* i care bout u sandpaw! dappleberry
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
*wacths the Sandpaw but doesnt day anything*
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 Moonshine321 said…
blush
*sighs* See what you two have done? She just lost herr sister, and you two are FIGHTING about whoever killed her! If it was Dogtail, so what? If it was Fernsniffer, so what? You should be happy that you two still have, well had maybe... a daughter that still loves you! You two fighting are tearing her apart! First her sister, and now her whole family?! You two aren't THINKING of your only daughter now! You two are just thinking of who killed Lichenpaw, and fighting over it because one says one thing, and one says another thing. GET OLVER IT! Swiftbreeze, you don't want to believe it was Fernsniffer because she's your sister. Shrewclaw, you don't want to believe it was Dogtail because Lichenpaw said that she saw Fernsniffer do something. Well, there's a possibility that EITHER of them killed Lichenpaw!
--Pricklespots
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
it could have been some one else maybe Daiseyflower said she found another scent on her...
-Tanglescar-
sad
*out of camp* (I decided that I ran out of camp no matter what ^_^ hehe and I'm putting it in story form!)

Sandpaw finally stopped running when she knew that she was far into the territory. She sat down in the shade of a tree, her head dangling down. Her life has been so stressful this past moon, and now her family is being torn apart. She couldn't stop thinking of seeing Lichenpaw again. Talking to her. Hunting with her. She just couldn't stop thinking of Lichenpaw, and her parents fighting. Then a thought struck her mind. What if I found a badger or fox, and let it kill me? She shook her head. No.. Then more cats will blame more Clanmates. Deathberries? They could work, then if I die, I wouldn't be murdered.. She stood up. "I'll do it." She ran over to the nearest deathberry bush, and was about to eat a berry, but, she couldn't. Something was keeping her from eating the berries. Lionpaw. Lionpaw. Lionpaw. The name kept running through her head. She backed away from the bushes. "I can't do this." She said, then pelted back to the camp.

(edits were of typos that I keep finding! grr.. stupid typos!)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
hehe mesa likey!
laugh
What? that Sandpaw was about to kill herself because her parents were fighting because of her lost sister? Or the whole... her ending up not killing herself? Or just the whole mini-story? (Sandpaw's just really upset right now...but she's not back at camp yet... I have to consult a friend about what I would like to do next...)
~Penny
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Moonbeam2 said…
Sandpaw....o starclan not another one....tanglescar do u want someone to go after her
一年多以前 Blacksun2 said…
ill go find her....if thts okay tanglescar...
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
take a warrior with you Lionpaw..
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 Blacksun2 said…
i think sandpaw just needs me now...i dont know why i just fell she needs to see me and me alone......
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
ill come with you Lionpaw but ill stay out of your way when you find her..*gets up and heads towards the entrance*
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 orkneymatrix said…
ok...
一年多以前 Blacksun2 said…
okay if u wish tanglescar
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
*nods* lets go *runs out of camp*
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 Blacksun2 said…
*dashes adhead into the heart of the territory*
一年多以前 salamence42 said…
Bye.
一年多以前 Blacksun2 said…
sandpaw....sandpaw where r u.....*clears through the brambles*
一年多以前 Blacksun2 said…
*finds sandpaw talks to her but no one can here their words* (we talked on chat so u dont now wht their saying)
smile
*walks back into camp with Lionpaw*
~Sandpaw
一年多以前 tanglebelly said…
*wacths from a bush but doesnt move or make a sound*
-Tanglescar-
一年多以前 Blacksun2 said…
*walks into the apprentice den to take a nap*