Repo! The Genetic Opera Repo! How did 你 hear of it?

Chromaggia posted on Jan 16, 2009 at 08:47PM
Hello, fellow Repo! fans (all nine of you atm!).

How did you all hear about Repo? I stumbled across it while browsing a Skinny Puppy website (I'm a big Puppy fan).

Repo! The Genetic Opera 24 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 Lunaste said…
Ahaha, not much Repo! love yet, here, right? I'm hoping it will be a 'slow burn' like the Rocky Horror Picture Show. In twenty years, when kids less than half your age dress up for the movie we can proudly claim "we were here first!".

Anyway, I've noticed quite a bit of Paris Hilton hate in the fandom, and while I'm not a fan of hers I don't have anything against the lady. But, she is the thing that got me into Repo!
I occasionally check Oh No They Didn't (a celebrity gossip community), and well, Paris is of course a pretty big deal in the world of celebrity gossip, so there were quite a few messages about her on Repo!. So I got curious.
I checked out the trailer, thought it was awesome, then checked out the clips available on youtube (at the time there were only Zydrate Anatomy, Chase the Morning and Mark It Up) and those were what got me hooked on Repo!

My DVD will arrive in March and I can't wait!
一年多以前 RepoWoman said…
from this article: link
they wrote about the movie because Paris Hilton is in it :)
一年多以前 Capng said…
laugh
I was on youtube and one of my "recommended videos" was "Zydrate Anatomy". I watched it and, of course, instantly fell in LOVE with this movie. We need more fans on here!!
一年多以前 Chromaggia said…
Already is more fans, Capng! When I posted this thread, there 9 fans in total. Now there are 16!

The world is slowing coming round to the Repo! point of view.
一年多以前 RepoWoman said…
The pity is Repo isn't in the cinemas in much country...
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Repo-girl said…
crying
Hey all you Repo fans and my new friend Chromaggia,not much Repo love here in Topeka, KS.
一年多以前 Repo-girl said…
I first heard about Repo when I was looking for horror movies online.
一年多以前 Jehan_the_Sitar said…
I was on IMDb, looking up "Mamma Mia," and I was on the forums, when I came across a topic titled "What other movie musicals are coming out this year, and I saw "Repo! the Genetic Opera", and I said to myself, "Hey! This looks WAY more interesting than "Mamma Mia". So I looked it up, and now I'm totally obsessed.
一年多以前 Chromaggia said…
hmmm
I love the variety of places/people listed here - YouTube, gossip blogs, Mamma Mia! It's been mentioned in loads of places so why haven't more people caught on?
一年多以前 giddyseizures said…
sick
I was browsing the IMDb forums and I read something about it and immediately looked it up, read the plot, and I was already hooked.
一年多以前 ZydrateAnatomy said…
smile
I was on YouTube and I am subscribed to p1rateferl1fe's videos. She made a "Mark It Up" video. I loved the song and wantd to hear more.
一年多以前 JustHuddy said…
big smile
Sarah Brightman...she was in it, so I had to watch it.
一年多以前 JavaJoker said…
funny story. i was talking to two guys at the time and they both told me about the movie. one loved it, the other hated it. so i decided i would watch the movie then see how i felt about it...then select the corresponding boy. loved the movie, decided i didn't really care for either of the boys :)
一年多以前 SweeneyTodd2010 said…
found it thought youtube. dont remember how, but i remember seeing it on youtube and then i finally watched the movie. it was awesome! hehe
一年多以前 xXSweeneyXx said…
Leonard Maltin's Secrets Out :)
一年多以前 designer_heart said…
heart
I was watching trailers on the SAW V DVD. The trailer for REPO! was on there and I liked it so much. I ended up borrowing it from a friend and enjoyed the hell out of it! I'm hoping for both a sequel and prequel
一年多以前 pirate-vampire said…
wink
My friend told me to rent it, and I was like, okay. He started singing "Zydrate Anatomy" to me in school, and I was freaked out. He's crazy. So I went to blockbuster and rented it, fell in love, bought it, and obsessed over it from time to time. ;D
一年多以前 Shilo89 said…
heart
A friend and I were invited to go out to see a play that some frineds of hers were doing. It was on halloween eve at midnight we went and it was about the movie I thought it was cool and weird at the same time and then I seen that they were making the movie Repo Men and it reminded me of the movie i told my boyfriend about it and he looked at me like I was stupid well I seen this one on comcast free movie and I freacked made him watch it with me and yea needlees to say we found it three days ago and we are watching it for the 7th time right now... we were talking about and he wants to do it for halloween him Repo me Blind Mag and our three year old Shilo lol
一年多以前 KowalskiTheLich said…
I saw it on Badmovies.org with a bunch of B Movies!
一年多以前 Spinner13 said…
smile
One of my favorite AMV makers is TheTrainTicket. She did a ton of vids with different songs from it (for Yu-Gi-Oh!) and named Repo as one of her favorite musicals, but what really got me watching it was that Train's 'Needle Into A Bug' vid didn't load all the way once and I couldn't get it to load again, so since I love the GraveRobber's voice I just went to the original version to listen to the song. The interaction between Shiloh and GraveRobber just hooked me - I thought they had a kind of dark chemistry, so I started looking up more parts, and that's how I got into it. Grilo is still my OTP.
一年多以前 otakucircus said…
Shifting through a bunch of films in a thrift store a few years ago. Great Find. Gonna be Mag for Halloween. Maybe I'll post some pics..
一年多以前 EclecticFan78 said…
cool
I remember browsing the isles at a local Best Buy and for some reason it caught my eye. I read the back and figured I would actually give it a shot, film unseen, I proceeded to the register and bought it. Needless to say I was very impressed and now take it upon myself to spread the word of Repo! Was actually quite happy to see a spot already made with a good number of fans.
一年多以前 deathroman13 said…
big smile
Through Sweeney Todd.
I was watching a list of musicals because I just watched Sweeney Todd and then I stumbled upon Repo and now I like repo even more than Sweeney TOdd
一年多以前 MORGANA70 said…
I heard of from epix video i found I thought since it had Tony Head n it I thought why not watch it & then from there I was hooked