迷失 PREDICTION of What's Really Going On In 迷失

davetay posted on Apr 14, 2007 at 07:16AM
I have read a few interesting blog essays, trying to analyse the plot-so-far and to understand the rationale used by the Lost writers. I agree that it will be disappointing if it turns out to be they are all already dead, all things present, past and future in one, which explains the flashbacks of all the backstories. Equally lame if all the flashbacks are not real (unless they all have schizophrenia), or being manipulated by the Island to have fake memories of what happened.

HERE'S MY PREDICTION OF THE REASON WHY WEIRD THINGS ARE HAPPENING:

The writers have already revealed a very obvious clue: THE ISLAND GRANTS PEOPLE ON THE ISLAND, THE POWER OF "MIND OVER MATTER". Remember how Walt in Season 1 sees a polar bear in a comic book before the bear makes its appearance on the island?Remember how wheelchair bound Locke stood up and walk again on the island? Even outside the island people do occasionally stand up and walk again, for no clear medical reason, after being confined to a wheel chair. You might be thinking right now, "Ya right, we already know this. In fact any fool who saw that episode would know." Yes of course you know this but you may not have suspected the EXTENT each clue is being used in future episodes. How subtlely it is done.

This is one of the important clues that explains some of the weird things that have been going on. I'm not suggesting EVERY event is related to this clue, or the story evolves around this clue. This clue, that if YOU BELIEVE STRONGLY ENOUGH THAT SOMETHING IS TRUE, IF YOU BELEIVE IN YOUR IMAGINATION/DREAM/FANTASY/FAITH THAT NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, THE ISLAND WILL MAKE YOUR BELIEF POSSIBLE Here are the events I think are related:

1. Locke believes that after going through a plane crash trauma, it is possible that he could be cured of his handicap. His character is one who believes in fate, that everything happens for a reason. The island made it happen.

2. Walt is a comic fan, and some kids REALLY BELIEVE that maybe they can be Superman. That's one reason why some boys worldwide get into hospitals with broken arm. He believed that maybe the polar bear he read exists in the island. The Island created the bear. And damn Walt, maybe he read his comic about the fatal black smoke as well.

3. Jack is grieving his father. He thought he should have died after the plane crash. He imagined wanting so much to talk to his father, if his father was AROUND, what last words would he have for his father. The island made sure he gets a chance.

4. Hurley's subconscious tells him that he he might see the no. on the hatch same as the no. on his lottery ticket. Remember him having a lot of bad luck after a good luck and a fortune. Hurley is a superstituous man. The island made his lottery ticket no. appear again because he has never stopped thinking about the number and the fortune he might never get a chance to spend.

5. Pregnant woman die on the island. this could be imagined up by one of the Others. He/she comes becomes a resident on the island, thinks that it could be a weird place that woman cannot conceive. And it just happens

6. Ben, the Others' leader. He really believed that people on the island does not get cancer. Juliet arrived and he had great hope that woman will conceive and not die on the island. Before Claire came, Juliet couldn't make a difference. He started to doubt. The island made his doubts and fears come true, what if people do get cancer on the island? He is the first one to get it.

Can you think of others?

迷失 20 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 thecon said…
It's an interesting theory, but I think it'll be more of a scientific explanation. The creators said last year that everything that happens on the show is grounded and explainable by science. At the moment I can understand that to a certain extent, but then you have Locke walking, the polar bear being in the comic etc that don't appear to be under the realms of science.

It was proved by a newspaper last year in Britain that the numbers of Hurley's are actually the exact co-ordinates of an island in the south pacific (and i'm not sure but thay might have found a history of of testing on the island.... though this is probably just wrong and I am having delusions).

last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Dominator said…
I know the missus came up with her own theory -

something about them all being in some sort of institution and they are all wired up to a kind of CPU..

There are loads of theories..I just love to keep guessing...

"The power of the imagination is more powerful than the written word can ever be!"
一年多以前 davetay said…
As of episode D.O.C, my deduction is, the world never found flight 815. There is a Mastermind back in town, of a higher authority than Ben, covering up the Losties survival.

The mysterious parachute girl is really just looking for Desmond who wasn't not part of the crash. She couldn't be bringing much good news except that by being tasked to find Desmond she could be an important link to Penny finding the crash survivors as well.

The twist I suspect is that they should really be better off in the island than being rescued to return to town. It could be that The Mastermind knows the Island is the only place on Earth that will not be destroyed. This theory being aligned with the "Save the world" mission being preached by Dharma, as well as the old lady who prophesised to Desmond.

Back to my posted theory: IF YOU BELIEVE STRONGLY ENOUGH THAT SOMETHING IS TRUE, IF YOU BELEIVE IN YOUR IMAGINATION/DREAM/FANTASY/FAITH THAT NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, THE ISLAND WILL MAKE YOUR BELIEF POSSIBLE.

The Lost island need Losties of good nature to want to save the world. Doctor Ben could be assigned to keep the good ones and "weed" off the bad ones that accidentally landed on the Island. How can he possibly find out? By playing a lot of mind games, it seems...

Questions are:
1. Why is the world coming to an end, and how exactly would the Island/ people on the Island be able to save Planet Earth?

2. Who could be The Mastermind? Should be someone immensely powerful and wealthy, with ability to recruit selected group of people to the special Island.
一年多以前 PkmnTrainerJ said…
1. The world is not coming to an end. Naomi proves that by the fact she was flying around normally.

2. Alvar Hanso, or Thomas Verner Mittlewerk.
一年多以前 davetay said…
Ah.. I guess PkmnTrainerJ you are referring to the parallel storyline on Lostpedia/ the Lost Experience. Pardon my ignorance, is it true that the Lost writers are revealing important clues via The Lost Experience?

If so, the world is indeed coming to an end, and deemed soon enough for Hanso to try to change the equation via the island and its people. It is stated the a real life Valenzetti equation exists; a mathematical prediction of when the human race will go extinct. In Lost the core values of this equation (4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 = 108) are supposed to be continuously punched into the computer.

Of course Naomi can still fly around normally. What I mean is that even without Lost, scientists and a large majority of humanity already believe the world is going to end, one of the ways being continued global warming.

Question is:
Would the people, on the Island which grants them "mind over matter" ability, eventually be able to change the equation by altering one of the core numbers? Using humanity to save humanity? I'm guessing this could be a very central and core theme of Lost, and revealed in Season 4
一年多以前 felipevito said…
one more clue..

charlie couldnt stop thinking of heroin, the island brought him what he wished. Mr. Eckos brothers plane crashed on the island and charlie found the plane.

what i want to know now is what did ben do to the hatch to make locke see the '?' and go in search of it around the island.
一年多以前 davetay said…
Theory I posted about the Island: IF YOU BELIEVE STRONGLY ENOUGH THAT SOMETHING IS TRUE, IF YOU BELEIVE IN YOUR IMAGINATION/DREAM/FANTASY/FAITH THAT NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, THE ISLAND WILL MAKE YOUR BELIEF POSSIBLE.

Update as seen on episode 20: DHARMA initiative members were all killed by BEN. Why? Ben was deeply hurt, he yearned to see his MUM. The island made him "see". He hated living with the Dharma community. He wanted to be together with the "Island Natives" because apparantly he believed his mum was with them. The Island "created" Richard and The Others as what Ben has yearned for. That is why Richard never aged. Ben wished as well the death of the entire Dharma community.

Guess why the woman who conceive dies? In my initial post I suggested this could be the "mental made true" situation by one of the Others. Ben is the culprit in question because his mum died after giving birth to him

Annie, I'm guessing he definitely did not wish for her to die. She survived, they got together and that explains the age of their daughter as well.

Jacob? That's Ben behind the curtains again. Amazingly Locke's strong belief "overwrote" Ben's that Jacob does not exist. That explains why Locke did not see Jacob. Ben "mentally retaliated" and Locke started to waiver on his belief, that maybe Jacob really existed, and Locke caught a glimpse of "Jacob" plus hearing "Help me". Ben of course was furious and pulled the trigger on Locke. Ben had always believed he was inferior to none then himself/"Jacob". Only he HEARS Jacob, no one else.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 tombob69 said…
I think ur right davetay that Jacob is ben's controlling influence. I think that the whole death theory is far to simple for these writers. I thought that the island was kind of the link between the dead and the living, the compound where dharma is, is in the real world with that weird high frequency barrier as some kind of block from the dead entering the world of the living from the arrival of lockes dad, and him officially putting the idea out there that they are all infact in purgatory. With naomi arriving i kinda thought ok she was searching for desmond her chopper crashed and she died as well, but how can people get injured and die in purgatory if they are all dead already. The 'master mind' that you guys mentioned early could quite possibly be penny's dad who we know is very wealthy and powerful. What is jacob though, there seemed to be a ring of what looked like ashes laid around that house which is like some kind of protection that u see in wichcraft? is jacob the black smoke? Answers guys i need answers
一年多以前 tombob69 said…
oh yeah guys a bit of trivia for u! anyone seen 'Smoking Aces' ( a new film out)? Its got Richard and Jack in it. You have to look carefully for jack though as they've given him long hair and a dodgy mustache, richard though is easy enough to spot he's playing a derranged assasain.
一年多以前 louroll said…
I think its a lie about the women giving birth dieing. In the recent episode, the hostiles were the original inhabitants of the island, so they must have reproduced somehow. Also bens mother died of child birth, but he saw her again. Maybe bens killing the pregant women to see if the island really can revive the women like he believes it did his mother so he can find her?
一年多以前 davetay said…
I suspect not all the hostiles are original inhabitants. Some are conceived by Ben and given birth by the island. People stopped giving birth after Ben, except Claire. Ben indeed's killing the pregnant, wish granted by the Island.
一年多以前 Giovanni_wasto said…
It's interesting, but think of it like this: Locke really wanted to speak to Jacob, and to find out what was happening on the island. So why, when he entered the room did no-one appear to be there? He was surely expecting at least someone to be sitting in the chair, and I'll bet that even his subconscious was surprised at what he saw.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 chrsalg said…
Hi i am a newbie to this site so first off i would like to say just how fantastic it is.
My question is did Roussou not get pregnant and give birth to Alex, on the island, and this would also explain why alex said in the last episode that she thinks Ben may not be her father.
一年多以前 theanswer22 said…
its easyyy... its the land between after life and earth. It decides whether you go to heaven, hell, or stay alive. If you look at each and every character and what happens it makes sense. the others are all people whos fate has not yet been chosen
一年多以前 xXEimearDHXx said…
I really like the whole theory about mirror protons. I'm not exactly sure about the scientific bits, but it's basically another world passing through our own (check out the Dharma logo, one large circle: Earth, and two more circles, one outside, one inside: the island and something else). To pass between the 'planes' (as in walks of life, not aero-plane) an electric or magnetic charge of great force must be created, ie The Hatch implosion, Numbers, etc. I think it's another word via mirror protons, and that's some form of what Smokey is too.

It's explained in more detail on darkufo.blogspot.com

-----

Also, in reference to your theory, in "Not in Portland", Juliet says that her ex would have to get run over by a bus if she was to go to the island (although she didn't know it was an island at the time). Low and behold, he gets run down by a bus.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 julesb666 said…
wink
Now we're into series 6 what do you all think now I wonder how many of these theories were indeed wrong...a lot of making it up as they went along is mine although there are lots of little seeds planted, the ending was not a concept at the beginning? As long as Kate and Sawyer end up together that's fine by me.
一年多以前 Lgirl said…
heart
two theories...
Jakob is God (a very sexy god!)... Smoke guy is the devil... Richard is Hot!

Or

Jacob is jacoby from the bible... black smoke guy is Esau (Jacob's angry brother Read Genesis 24: 19 - 50: 14) and Esau wants to kill Jakob for taking his birthrite, and his father's blessing... you got to read there story to get it... and Jacob DOSE like to beat people up... but i think that its more likely that he is a VERY hot God... who's with me?

一年多以前 luvutoo said…
I agree with the answer22. I think after tuesdays episode its clear Jacob is like God, Richard a sort of representative like Jesus and the black fog the Devil. The island is the testing ground to prove to the fog that even under harsh circumstances all people wont do evil things.
一年多以前 bobtorre said…
cool
Has anyone seen the old movie classic "The Cube" ... Even some the characters have the same names as those of Lost. The idea is that they find themselves in this place. they don't know where they are or how they got there. All they see are rooms they go in and come out of. The past, the present all mixed. Even rooms where they can see themselves moving on a time line which is obviously running faster. There was a sequal called the super Cube which basically explained that all these people were connected to a machine which created this surreal world. a Military experiment. I would not be surprised if the man in black is just a piece of software. If he leaves the island the whole program will crash (like the matrix with that out of control agent Smith). I find it interestng both jacob and the man n black are bound by rules, much like a program. I think the island is an experiment to study the human mind and its many secrets and unknowns. This is why Jacob can give Richard the gift of eternal life. Richard is just code that jacob has the ability to re-program (as when he touches people on the shoulder). The island is the equivalent of the matrix (in the movie matrix). I think there maybe cuncurrent threads running at the same time in which all the participants (humans and sofware) participate in. Some have the ability to control it (like neo) others can jump in and out of the different threads (like desmond)... my 2 cents
一年多以前 anaxo3 said…
Thanks a lot, bobtorre! I find your theory very interesting and totally fresh, at least for me. I wouldn't like to get this end-variant and end-explanation for LOST. It would be a double matrix. But your remarks are really great, I enjoyed them!:)