Lie to Me Confused..looking for theories/answers

franella posted on Dec 03, 2009 at 04:42PM
OK, having been initially a bit dim and not realizing that the woman in the black&white film footage in "Depraved Heart" was Cals mother, I have now re-watched it several times, but in doing that it has left me with more questions than answers, when looked at in conjunction with the final scence in "Grevious Bodily Harm".....
In DP the woman in the film is referred to as Louise Mason: So where does Cals surname Lightman come from?
.........................................­...­...­.
We are led to believe that the footage was taken whilst Cal was in Graduate school, which would indicate he was at least of 'young adult' age: yet in the end scene of GBH he tells Gill that his mother died when he was "young" and that a family had to take him in..Bit curious about that one as well.
.........................................­...­...­
Back to Episode DH, The woman in the footage (Cals mum) states she wants to go home for the weekend to see her children (note the plural, does that mean Cal has siblings?) She also states that she wants to bake a chocolate cake for her husband for his birthday, but that is the weekend she committed suiside: In episode GBH Cal tells Gill that when his mother died, his father was "long gone"..????

So, Am I being really thick again (very possible I soppose) and missing the answers to these anomoliys (probably mis spelt that word as well)
Can anyone out there help me with these issues??
Please...
Fran

Lie to Me 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 TypicalSquint said…
these are just writers inconsistencies. nothing major, sometimes it is hard for writers to keep track of everything