雅各布·布莱克 Looks like they found Jacob

kctjohnson posted on Feb 22, 2008 at 05:52AM
From the most recent casting news, it looks like Taylor Lautner (from "Shark Boy and Lava Girl") will be playing young Jacob in Twilight. Kid isn't native at all. Cute, but not quite the Jacob I had in mind. Thoughts?

雅各布·布莱克 17 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 shequridas said…
Yeah hes good actually the smaller version of Steven Strait! but hes good enough to get the part hes got the looks and talent but does he have the Jacob personality?
一年多以前 layla_14 said…
no the jacob i had in mind at all, he doesn't look like a smaller version of steven strait at all, i really want steven strait to be jacob or the guy on the jacob spot banner he is cute! he so could be jacob, if this taylor guy is jacob he better do a good job.
一年多以前 kctjohnson said…
At least Taylor seems to have real acting talent. I was hoping they would find a native american for the part of Jacob. In any case, he isn't "officially" Jacob. I am just assuming that he is because I can't see him cast as any other character *LOL* His agent said that Taylor was not cast in a significant role but that an official casting news will be up next week. Maybe he isn't Jacob... then again, Jacob was not a significant character in Twilight.... I wish they'd hurry up and tell us. I'm dying here.
一年多以前 iluvtheoc3000 said…
to be honest im a little scared.. theres no denying that Taylor is cute and i COULD accept him as Jake... but all the movies he's done have been little kid movies that dont really requirea lot of HARD acting... this isnt meant to be mean... but Jacob is a complex being!! one moment he's a happy funny loving boy with a crush.. then hefalls in love and has to deal with the pain Bella has after losing Edward... im not sure Shark Boy could show the confusion and mixed feelings Jacob should have... idk mabey im analyzing this to much... i dont care what Jacob is going to look like in the movie... but i wnt him played right... i want him to GET Jacob... the playfulness and all!!
一年多以前 layla_14 said…
i agree with everything what iluvtheoc3000 says, jacob is a complex person, i don't think this kid could play this sort of character, i just hope that they find a better actor to be jacob.
一年多以前 iluvtheoc3000 said…
i have pretty much no hope of that happening Layla but im crossing my fingers and praying for a miricle!!
一年多以前 kctjohnson said…
Update: A very reliable source (can't say who or what connection because this info isn't "official") has confirmed that Taylor Lautner is indeed Jacob Black. Honestly, aside from the fact that he isn't Native American, he's really a good-looking kid who just might be able to pull this off. I mean, it's Twilight-Jacob we're talking aout. The complexity comes in later, by which time Taylot might study and research his character even further to ensure that the Jacob fans won't be too disappointed.... I think we ought to give the kid a chance, IMHO.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 CelesialSamurai said…
I won't believe it till I see Proof. Like Until Summit or Lexicon says so. But it does seem like a good chance that he is though. Also, I thought they said they wanted a Native America to be Jacob. And if Lautner is Jacob then what the hell was that "Casting call for Native Americans for" stupid liers. Nothing against Lautner, he's Freekin cute, I mean way better lookin than Robert to me anyway. God now I feel like a pedofile, crushing on some teen 3 years younger than me.
Lautner is kinda close to what I imagined jacob. Still wish Steven strait was a few years younger.
一年多以前 CharmedAngel88 said…
The Lexicon says that Taylor is officially Jacob.
一年多以前 CelesialSamurai said…
It's about time. God it took them forever to announce Taylor as jacon. It's funny right after I say I'll wait till Lexicon or Summit say so, the next day it's up. But what they hell took so long. taylor was already announced part of the movie why did they wait so long to tell us.
Taylor's cool, I just don't know how they are going to pull off Jake's growth spurt in or the fact that he looks 25 in New Moon.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 Labradoodle said…
Should the banner not change now? As Steven Strait isn't the one anymore? =( Ah well, I think Taylor will be alright.
=D
一年多以前 layla_14 said…
i went on to the lexicon and it said that taylor was going to be jacob, but if he is jacob wouldn't they say it on the stephenie meyer website.
一年多以前 akennedy_87 said…
i think he should be fine.. he is like a mini steven strait he's got a very similar smile... and who knows they may move to steven strait for new moon and eclipse :D *fingers crossed* lol...
一年多以前 kctjohnson said…
The whole open casting thing and trying to find a Native American to play Jacob was a sincere effort on the part of the Production crew I think. But sometimes, they aren't lucky enough to find that one great unknown that just shines. I am guessing they did what they could to find a NA actor but just wasn't dazzled by any one of them to play Jacob. So they chose an actor with experience and has a charming smile like Jacob does. More power to Taylor. I hope his head isn't as big as those who've personally met him have said.... *sigh*
一年多以前 bellaswan7 said…
i kinda like him but i dont know i will have to see him with long hair, but hes not native american and that suck but hes pretty cute. i dont know how i feel yet!!!!
一年多以前 chelsea21 said…
idk if i want n e one to play jake. but i guess i have no choice. so i guess he is an OKAY young jake. but the older jake is definatly steven.
一年多以前 walker93 said…
It would've been great if it could have been Steven Strait, but Taylor will do fine (I hope).