I saw misanthrope86’s 文章 reviewing the 年 2008 in terms of House and felt compelled to do the same. This is my 秒 "real" 文章 on this spot. Me and House
2008, for me, was the beginning
of my 爱情 affair with House. Yes, I was a bit slow to jump on the bandwagon, but I think it is 安全 to say I am now one of the most devoted 粉丝 out there (as are many of you). My addiction began during a House marathon on the USA network in September. The following weekend, I went and purchased all of the seasons of House on DVD and plowed through them before catching up on what I had missed from season five (only the first two 或者 three episodes, I believe) via the internet. Now, I simply cannot get enough of my 最喜爱的 snarky, sexy doctor. :-] Fanpop
I became a 潮流粉丝俱乐部 member around the 秒 week of November, 2008. The House MD spot is currently the only one I have a medal in (green, but I’m aspiring to yellow) and definitely the one I spend the most time in. 你 have probably noticed I’ve made a lot of picks lately. They seem to be my specialty, as I usually don’t have the time to write articles, don’t have much skill in the 图片 department, and can occasionally get heated when it comes to controversial 论坛 topics. I’ve been participating as much as possible in the spot, trying to make 老友记 and get most of 你 familiar with me. I’m very pleased to say that I think this is an excellent spot to be a part of and everyone (for the most part, anyway) is very nice and polite, especially to newcomers. I can’t tell 你 how many kind messages and 支持 I’ve received from people introducing themselves 或者 commending me on particularly thought-provoking picks I have made. I look 前锋, 期待 to being a very active member of this spot in 2009. The 2008 Portion of Season Four
The episodes from season four that aired in 2008 are It’s A Wonderful Lie, Frozen, Don’t Ever Change, No 更多 Mr. Nice Guy, Living the Dream, House’s Head, and Wilson’s Heart. Pros
1) The Wilson/Amber Relationship: I absolutely loved this coupling. Amber’s strong, independent personality was the perfect complement to Wilson’s 更多 people-pleasing, protective personality. The pairing was just unexpected enough to provide a surprise for the viewers, but wasn’t so farfetched that the relationship was implausible. I 爱情 how Amber pushed Wilson to look out for himself a bit more, rather than worrying about everyone else. I think he needed that.
2) Frozen: This is one of my 最喜爱的 episodes. I loved seeing House connect with a patient in a way we’ve never seen. Despite the long-distance nature of the case, Cate could read him better than some of his co-workers, saying a lot for her analytical skills and his private nature. House reached a level of intimacy with Cate that made the case not only interesting medically, but personally as well, as we got to see House actually be concerned for one of his patients beyond solving the puzzle.
3) House’s Head: I have to say I loved everything about this episode. The fact that House himself was at the center of the mystery added a whole new dimension to the show. The writers kept me thinking and trying to solve the puzzle with House, even 更多 than usual. House’s 幻想 about Cuddy revealed a bit 更多 to the viewers as far as the Huddy relationship and what House thinks about her. I cannot describe how intense this episode was for me, and how well I think the writers did with the script and events that took place in this episode.
4) Wilson’s Heart: Rarely does a TV 显示 make me cry. This episode did the job, no question. The strain put on House and Wilson’s relationship and how each of them reacted to the situations presented 显示 just how much they mean to each other and how far House is willing to go for Wilson. We’ve seen how much Wilson cares for House, but this is one of the first real opportunities we viewers have had to see how much House cares for Wilson. 你 have to be one helluva friend to risk permanent brain damage to find out what’s wrong with your friend’s significant other. I really felt for Wilson and House in this episode. Wilson because of the tangle of emotions (sadness over losing Amber, perhaps some resentment towards House, the worry he must have felt when House slipped into a coma) and House because of his health risks and worry about Wilson hating him. The “heavenly bus” scene was one of the most touching moments I have ever seen in any 显示 或者 movie. I feel like the conversation House has with Amber is one of the most important ones that has ever occurred on the show. This is the first time we actually hear House say he does not want to be miserable. Finally, as a Huddy fan, the scene where Cuddy is holding House’s hand in her sleep was one of the highlights of the series for me. Cons
Honestly, I cannot think of any that really stand out, in my opinion. The 2008 Portion of Season Five
The 2008 portion of season five includes episodes from the season premier (Dying Changes Everything) to the 圣诞节 episode (Joy to the World). Pros
1) House’s Character Development: We have seen a change in House this season. He is (I feel) a bit less lighthearted and he has been forced to take a look at himself. The death of John House gave us a further glimpse into House’s childhood and a better understanding of why he is the way he is. House’s relationship (or lack thereof) with Cuddy has shown us a deeper, less confident side of House. I 爱情 seeing 更多 of House’s internal struggles because it leads to a deeper understanding of the character and makes me feel 更多 connected to him. I think a great example of House’s growth as a character is shown in his two completely different reactions to Cuddy getting a baby. For the first adoption attempt, House is visibly jealous and protests the thought of Cuddy getting a child. But, for the 秒 adoption attempt, House simply asks what Cuddy plans to do. The moment that follows shows that House is now placing Cuddy’s happiness above his own, something we hardly ever see House do with any character.
2) The House/Cuddy Relationship (or lack thereof): Finally, “Huddy” is being brought to the forefront of the show. I’ve seen it lurking around since the 秒 half of season two, but it’s nice to have it explored in a 更多 obvious light. As Wilson so graciously points out, House is afraid to try with Cuddy right now because if it doesn’t work with her, it won’t work with anyone. Never have we seen House so unsure of himself and what to do next, but it’s understandable that someone who thrives on logic is thrown off 由 emotional conflicts. I personally am rooting for Huddy, even if it doesn’t solidify this season. I’m willing to wait because I feel like it will be well worth it.
3) Getting to Know the New Team: We have found out a bit about each new team member with each episode. I for one detested Taub until this season, but since his character has developed a bit more, he’s grown on me. Perhaps the same will happen for me with Thirteen.
4) The House/Wilson Reunion: We all knew Wilson couldn’t stay away from House for long. :-] And I 爱情 how the writers worked Wilson back into the show. Birthmarks was an excellent episode, the perfect balance of humor and seriousness, just as every House episode should be. Cons
1) The Larger Cast: I don’t think the writers have quite figured out how to keep all nine cast members incorporated into the 显示 without shorting anyone. I for one miss House and the House/Wilson interactions. I recognize the writers’ attempts to keep the old team involved in the 显示 while introducing us to the new team bit 由 bit, but I simply do not like how we have to sacrifice one-on-one time with House to see the supporting characters.
2) How Wilson Left: I understand we had to see the impact of the season four finale on House and Wilson’s friendship, but Wilson was cruel at the end of Dying Changes Everything (at least, as far as I’m concerned). Wilson knows House only has him (and Cuddy) to rely on, yet he claims he’s not even sure he and House were ever true friends. How could he say that to someone he has been 老友记 with for that long and developed that strong of a bond with?
3) The Unrealistic Way Cuddy Obtained A Baby: Although I’m all for Cuddy being happy, the way she got this most 最近的 baby was (I believe) completely unrealistic. Yes, I understand it is a TV 显示 and not meant to depict real life, but I feel like the writers have done a pretty good job of making things realistic, at least up until Joy to the World. It’s nearly impossible for a baby, not breathing at birth, to survive in an abandoned house in the cold with no nourishment. The chances of a homeless couple deciding to squat in that particular abandoned house at just the right time to save the child are slim to none.
4) Thirteen/Foreteen Taking the Forefront: I understand that all characters need to be incorporated into the show. However, I do not
feel like Thirteen and Foreman (and their developing relationship) deserve the same amount of screentime as House and the Huddy relationship. I feel like the writers are almost beating a dead horse when it comes to Thirteen and her Huntington’s. We get it. She’s struggling with impending doom and she’s eventually going to die. We don’t need it shoved in our faces each episode.
Well, this has been my recap of 2008. No offense to anyone was intended. Hope 你 like the article…please rate!