哈利·波特与暮光之城 3000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

cullengirl00 posted on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:23AM
when harry potter fans hit us twi-hards we will hit them back i will begin to write a couple of reasons and you twi-hards complete until we get to 3000 reasons ok!

哈利·波特与暮光之城 606 回复

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 606

一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Okay.. so you believe that Bella shouldn't have depression.
Okay.
(Different people have become depressed for different reasons throughout history. I don't think any person has the right to judge another's level of emotion, but that's off topic.)

How is that encouraging depression in girls?
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Depression is a biochemical imbalance. When a person finds themselves in a state of stress for a prolonged period of time, the neurons begin to overreact, thus altering the levels of various mood controlling chemicals.

I wasn't saying that Harry should have developed depression. Harry's been treated the same way his entire life. His neurons have grown accustomed to that level of stress. There's no need for them to overreact.

Bella, on the other had, is not used to losing the love of a boyfriend. Edward was her first boyfriend. this type of stress was brand new to her, her neurons have had no experience dealing with it. It was also out of her control. The only thing Bella could have done to prevent her melancholy mood was to just stop caring, which is not an easy task for emotional being.
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
I guess this is a matter of opinion now... But I honestly think that sulking and going into depression for 4 months is over reacting. And it does make girls look weak. I have made this comparison before and will again: When Ron left Hermione she was VERY sad but did not give up everything. She stayed with Harry and hunted down horcruxes. Ron was her first love too!!! But she didnt go into extreme depression like Bella.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
It's in my opinion that Herminoe found saving the world more important than dating Ron, and that is why the stress wasn't strong enough. She had much larger, more important stresses to worry about.

I don't think it's much of a long shot that Bella found turning into a vampire and staying with Edward forever more important than going to the movies with her friends.
(How did Bella give up everything? She just kept to herself and moped, what exactly did she give up by doing that?)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
Dating is not everything. I hate Bella b/c thats all she cared about. edward, edward, edward! She needs a life! I know she didnt have much of a life before but she could at least try now. Edward is gone, get on with it after awhile. I dont know but her moping around also bored me to death. I would never have finished the series but I thought it would only be fair since I enjoy debating here:) And I should know about both series if I want to do that...

Im not here to convince anyone anything but I dont think her depression was justified!
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
She wasn't just dating, she was on a path to a completely new life. The life of a vampire.
一年多以前 Renesmee_08 said…
heart
Twilight is better 'cuz of Edward Cullen<3!
 Twilight is better 'cuz of Edward Cullen<3!
一年多以前 daughterofdeath said…
How can he make twilight better anyway?
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
His character and such.
一年多以前 Renesmee_08 said…
heart
He is sweet - "No measure of time is enough with you ,but let's start with forever." He is cute.He's smart,and rich.
一年多以前 addibuglovesyou said…
smirk
There are better actors in twilight :D
一年多以前 Renesmee_08 said…
Like who? fyi I'm not trying to be mean
you called this sweet and protective and caring?link
"He is rich" So what if he's poor. And his family spent money on things like bribing guard and changing clothes once a day. That doesn't make him more lovable.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 missdada15 said…
*XD's at daughterofdeath* Good point.
If he's so intelligent, in New Moon why didn't he himself return and see if Bella is still alive before coming to see the Volturi?(and he threw his cellphone away so no one could be able to tell him she was ok)
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
He did not throw his phone away.

Calling him would have been useless anyways. He would have not believed anyone. He knew that his family would have lied to stop him from going.

What would be the point in checking to see if she was dead or not. E was told that Bella was dead, so he called Charlie. (that was his verification). When Jacob told him in his disgusted voice that Charlie was planning a funeral, that was his confirmation.

Really, what kind of person would hear that someone was dead, get confirmation over the phone, then still feel the need to go see for yourself before having any sort of reaction?
一年多以前 alexisn10 said…
@Renesmee_08 So being rich makes you a better person? I mean, I love Edward, too and it has nothing to do with his looks or the amount of money he has. I love him because he went from (what he believed) a soulless monster to a loving husband and father :) I worry for the next generation...seriously...

@addibuglovesyou Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix; 2 Oscar nominations), Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort; 2 Oscar nominations), Maggie Smith (McGonagall; 2 Oscar wins/6 nominations), Emma Thompson (Trelawney; 1 Oscar win/2 nominations), Julie Waters (Molly Weasley; 2 Oscar nominations), Richard Harris, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, and yes even Rupert Grint. Your argument is invalid.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Her argument isn't invalid, it's just different from yours.

You didn't factually prove that you listed good actors, you just listed actors who have been nominated for Oscars.
I think it's quite funny, though, that so many people have "lost all respect" for the Oscars because HP has never won, but Oscar nominations are the first thing ran to to prove that the HP actors are good.
一年多以前 alexisn10 said…
I didn't loose my respect for the Oscars :/ I was kinda pissed that Deathly Hallows Part 2 didn't win anything but I always knew that it would have been a reach for it to be nominated for best film and a HUGE leap if it won. Potter had some tough competition this year. Besides, being nominated is a huge honor :)

The Twilight actors aren't bad (except Taylor Lautner) but the acting in Twilight is just horrible. They're emotionless. I don't understand it. Like the car scene in the first film for example, a car has literally almost smashed you to death and Kristen doesn't even give us a look of terror. She just stares blankly into the camera. People laugh at the acting in Twilight. They get Razzies for it and it sucks because a lot of them are great actors earning this reputation of being bad actors from those films :/
一年多以前 missdada15 said…
@alexisn10

'The Twilight actors aren't bad (except Taylor Lautner) but the acting in Twilight is just horrible. They're emotionless. I don't understand it. Like the car scene in the first film for example, a car has literally almost smashed you to death and Kristen doesn't even give us a look of terror. She just stares blankly into the camera. People laugh at the acting in Twilight. They get Razzies for it and it sucks because a lot of them are great actors earning this reputation of being bad actors from those films :/'

I think Bella was supposed to be a sociopath(lacking feeling and all.)

I also think the T characters are lacking..well..character!

Just my opinion,no one has to jump at me for saying this. :P

一年多以前 alexisn10 said…
@missdada25

I think Bella is supposed to be a sociopath (lacking feeling and all)
LOL, no. She has no characteristics aside from 'clumsy' so I'm sure K-Stew had no idea what to do with her. So she just aced like...nothing?
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
I have not lost respect for Oscars. HP was good but there are a lot of other amazing movies out there. It is tough competition. Im glad it got nominated. Thats enough for me:)

Anyways you cant really prove how good an actor is or isnt. Its a matter of opinion but I do think alexisn10 did good job on putting HARRY POTTER actors (not just actors from any movie) that have been nominated and/or won Oscars. It does kind of back up the fact that HP had great actors since its professionals who choose these people...
一年多以前 missdada15 said…
@alexisn10:Yeah..maybe. :P

last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Okay.. I care who people laugh at. That means nothing to me. Just like I don't care who people praise with awards all day.

I like to form my own opinions, and really, you can't tell me or anyone else that they have wrong opinions on who's a good actor and who's not.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
^And I am fine with you holding your opinion. You can like what you like and I will like what I like:) No one is here to change anyone's opinion but really they are here to defend it...

I havent seen twilight so I looked up the car crash scene on youtube and your right. She has a completely blank face! She could have screamed or looked scared or something!
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 alexisn10 said…
^you haven't seen Twilight? Wow that's odd LOL. Even people who hate have seen it at least once. Maybe you should watch it. You never know you might like it.
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Saying "Your argument is invalid." because someone likes an actor isn't very true to that nature.
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
^^lol:) Maybe one day I will! Its just that redbox doesnt have it and it hardly ever comes on tv and I dont want to buy it... And no one I know has it.

^Fair enough...
一年多以前 alexisn10 said…
^If you have OnDemand then I think they're there under SHO for free. Maybe not anymore, though. But they come once in a while :/
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
I will try and watch it!
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Hey look, I found a look of terror as a van comes hurdling to Bella's certain death.
 嘿 look, I found a look of terror as a 面包车, 范 comes hurdling to Bella's certain death.
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
Well it didnt show as the scene was playing. It all happened so fast we probably didnt catch it. A scream would have been nice though... I would be freaking out if a car came at me like that. I mean you are on the verge of death...
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Oh well. So now Kristen's a bad emotionless actor because the scene was fast. Sure.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
^Im not saying its her fault. I think its more of the director maybe. This scene didnt happen in real life. Acting is hard and its not easy to make the same reaction you would make in real life. I think the director or someone else should have said something about it and done something to make it more realistic. I dont think Kristen is a bad actor. She is a good actor even if she isnt one of my faves. Trust me, she acts much better than me:P
一年多以前 alexisn10 said…
I wouldn't really call that look 'terror'. It looks more like an unenthusiastic 'OMG Forever 21 is having a sale'. If I saw a car coming towards me at full speed (oh and BTW why was Tyler driving 60 MPH in an icy PARKING LOT? I don't even have my license yet and I know that's wrong :/) I'd look like this (basically Rachel at the end)....
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
60 mph? Where exactly did you get that from? A van doesn't need to be going that fast to dent a truck.

Over the Christmas holidays, my mom was driving on a frozen highway at 15 mph and still slid into the guardrail and completely shattered the front bumper.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 alexisn10 said…
okay it wasn't 60 but it WAS fast, very fast. Too fast for a parking lot. In parking lots you're supposed to drive at like 15. Didn't you hear the screeching tires?
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Yes. Screeching can happen at low speeds as well. Besides, the inertia caused by the sudden halt and slippery ice causes the vehicle to speed up without the drivers will.

Screeching is caused by slamming in the breaks. Once Tyler noticed the van wasn't stopping, it's likely that he hit the breaks at least once again, very hard.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
Wow! We went from talking about depression to this... Interesting:P
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
That's what happens when so many people unjustly try to nitpick at every single insignificant detail. A whole lot of incorrect pickings and exaggerations are brought to the table.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
I think we just have very dedicated fans who like to defend their series. I know I get very competitive when someone tries to bring HP down:P
一年多以前 maximumrider12 said…
Cant Twi-hards just admit that Harry Potter is better? It would save everyone's time. Bella is emotionless.
一年多以前 NANCYSAINI2 said…
@maximumrider12 cnt it b the other way around....???????????????and Bella is not emotionless only if u could see it......
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Try proving it by use any argument besides "is".
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
I wouldnt say Bella is emotionless b/c she does feel love, depression, and happiness. But I will say that I think she is dull and boring. She isnt a character that I like... My argument for liking harry potter more than twilight is below. I backed up as much as I could with good arguments and facts! Oh and please excuse the bad summaries!!! They arent very good but I had to make them short and to the point...

1. The character have personalities and depth. They grow and change and even minor characters are so complex
-Dobby: Dobby was a house elf that belonged to the Malfoy family. At great risk to himself, he tried to keep Harry from danger by attempting to persuade him not to return to Hogwarts. When this failed, he continued trying to make Harry return home. Dobby was different than other house elves in the fact he wanted to feel appreciated for his servitude. He was treated poorly by the Malfoy family and was often instructed to punish himself in terrible ways. After Harry came out of the Chamber of Secrets, he tricked Lucius Malfoy into freeing Dobby. Dobby then went to work at Hogwarts and was always grateful to Harry Potter. He helped Harry out of a few jams. He once stole gillyweed out of Professor Snape's supply closet to help Harry through a task in the tri-wizard tournament. Dobby had a great love for socks, being the item that won him his freedom. One Christmas he was moved to tears when Harry presented him with socks as a gift. Dobby's final deed was that of great courage and loyalty when he made a mass rescue of those imprisoned in Malfoy Manor. As he was making his final escape with Harry, Bellatrix threw a knife. It was intended for Harry, but hit Dobby squarely in the chest. Harry, Dean, and Ron made Dobby a grave at Bill and Fleur's home, Shell Cottage. Harry marked Dobby's headstone with, "Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf".

-Winky: The opposite of Dobby. When freed, she cries and is not happy at all about it. She knows Crouch's secret. She was founding holding Harry's wand which had conjured the dark mark.

-Hedwig: Hedwig could be considered an owl with a 'formal' personality, and has a habit of staring/hooting "reproachfully", cuffing Harry with a wing when miffed (which is rather often), and being far more vocal than the average Snowy Owl. She also can act with hurt or anger due to Harry's sometimes innocently thoughtless actions or words. It is implied throughout the books that Hedwig can fully understand Harry and, apparently, to some extent vice versa. This implies in turn that she is a very intelligent owl, or that owls hide their intelligence from Muggles.

Those alone are 3 minor characters and have so much importance to them!

2. It has love not lust. Harry/Ginny & Ron/Hermione. Lily sacrificed herself for Harry which saved his life on multiple accounts. Bella likes Edward b/c he is good looking. Edward likes Bella b/c she smells good. It took Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron 6 years to realize their love for each other. Not just a few weeks. Bella and Edwards have nothing in common and didn’t know very much about each other. They liked each other for looks. I bet if Edward wasn’t good looking Bella would never have fallen for him. Im positive.

3. In twilight, I found a boring, stupid plot. Twihards will argue that but I mean I know there is a plot but its very... bland. Its MOSTLY (90%)Edward and Bella obsessing over each other... There is minimal action and not much suspense. In Twilight, Bella and Edward meet each other and fall in love. They hang out and Edward saves Bella a few times from her stupid mistakes. And a bad vamp, James, want to kill Bella b/c of her scent and Edward again saves her. In New Moon, Edward leaves her and Bella goes into depression and jumps off a cliff to see a vision of him. Then Alice comes and they go save Edward. In Eclipse, there are mysterious killings going on. Edward doesn’t let Bella meet Jacob. Bella is in danger but Edward keeps it from her. She soon finds out and by then Victoria and the new born vampires. The Cullens and wokf pack team up. They fight and there are no casualties on the Cullen and wolf’s side. Oh and Edward and Bella are engaged! In Breaking Dawn they go on a honeymoon and Bella is pregnant. The baby is killing her but she survives. It is named Renesmee. The baby is “illegal” and the volturi wants to kill it. In the end they talk it out and all is well!

In HP, Harry is fighting for his life and struggling through everyday school things. He survived a killing curse from the 2nd greatest sorcerer in the world. In the first book he has to protect the sorcerer's stone and goes through an obstacle to get to it, etc. In the second, the chamber of secrets is opened and students are in danger. He also finds out he can speak parseltongue. He also "kills" a diary which you dont think is important then but in the 7th book you find out it was a horcrux. One of the things I love about JK Rowling's writing is that even small things matter. Anyways in the third book, A mass murderer is after him who later turns out good and is his godfather. In the fourth book there is the triwizard tournament and the quidditch world cup. In the fifth book the ministry is taking over Hogwarts, Sirius dies, Umbridge, the detentions. Plus there is a lot of Fred and George<3 (hehe) Sixth book, you find out a lot about Voldemorts past and why he is bad. Dumbledore also dies AND THERE IS NOW ROMANCE!!! The seventh bookk is a grand finale to the whole series with a BATTLE! And a hunt for the rest of the horcruxes. This paragraph cant even sum up 1/100000000 of this series!!!

These are not the best summaries, I know, but just to give you an idea.

4. Hermione, Ginny, and Luna are good role models. They teach you to be brave and strong. When Edward left Bella she fell apart. She became suicidal and ditched all her friends. Ginny and Hermione on the other hand were strong and made it through. They were sad but understood it was for the best and continued their lives (Note: For Hermione, this was her first love. So I know people say that Bella went into depression b/c it was her first love but look AT Hermione. She was very sad but still helped Harry.) Bella teaches you that a girl needs a guy and cant live without one.

5. Harry Potter teaches you good morals. “Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.” -Stephen King

6. Nobody stands up to The Volturi in Twilight but The Order of The Pheonix are not afraid to oppose The Ministry. Heck, even the students oppose the ministry with Dumbledore's army. Come on Cullens. Surely you could run the Vampire World better than Aro???! And I personally find Voldemort to be a better villian. Wizards are so scared of him they do not even say his name! He is the world's 2nd greatest sorcerer (After Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledor)!!! I see Voldemort as an evil wizard and the Volturi as Vampire Government!

7. Harry Potter grew up with it's readers and so it grew in maturity and the characters developed alongside the fans. You go with Harry, Ron, and Hermione from their ages of 11 thru 17! You see them change and develop.

8. HP fans like the characters for their personalities. Not just b/c of the actors and their looks. (I know not all Twilight fans are like that but a lot are)

9. Rowling wasn't afraid to kill off several main characters in order to take the readers through an emotional journey. She killed Fred to remind people of parents without their children. She killed Lupin and tonks to remind people of orphans

10. Writing quality- Twilight fundamentally lacks quality writing. The plot lines are simplistic and the dialog is not exactly literary genius. Harry Potter, on the other hand, has plot elements that span the entire series, and subplots intertwining all over the place. You can always predict what's going to happen in Twilight, because you know the bad guys will be defeated, and the good guys will stay in love forever. But with Harry Potter, you don't always know what you're going to get! GOOD GUYS DIE IN HARRY POTTER! Fred, Lupin, Tonks, Snape, Dumbledore, and countless other lay down their lives, and you never know who is safe and who isn't. I was expecting Harry to die in the last one, because you never know. Also, Harry Potter is set in a magical world unlike anything we could ever experience, where as Twilight is set in a mundane, rainy American town that happens to have vampires. I mean think about it, the reason there is a Harry Potter theme park and there will never be a Twilight one is because there is just more unique and creative stuff in Harry Potter. What would be in a Twilight theme park? Some attractive people covered in glitter? Harry Potter captures the imagination with it's quirky ideas, where as Twilight dulls the senses with it's derivative... well, everything.

Please know that I intend no offense to any twilight fans. This is my opinion and everyone else is entitled to their own!
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 alexisn10 said…
@maximumrider12 well we can't force them to like something that they don't like. I totally agree that Harry Potter is better, though. The way I see it is, don't knock it if you haven't tried it. This isn't only going to the Twilight fans who have never seen/read Potter yet state that Twilight is better. But this is also to the Harry Potter fans who say that Harry Potter is better even though they've never watched/read Twilight. You never know, you might Potter fans may really actually like Twilight.

@NANCYSAINI2 I agree. Bella's a drama queen in the books. But in the movies (not knocking on Kristen's acting she's amazing) she's really boring.
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
^I agree with what alexis10 said. People should at least read both series if they want to hate on the one they dont like. You cant hate something you have never tried...
一年多以前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Are you guys referring to anyone in particular?
I haven't seen anyone here saying they haven't read a series.
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
Well im not referring to anyone. I was just agreeing w/ alexins10...
一年多以前 ariba_c said…
No Twilight fan care to defend their series against HP?!?!? This is 3000 reasons why twilight is better than harry potter!