It’s been a while since i am here in this Harry Potter vs Twilight community. Now, being a die hard Harry Potter 粉丝 my vote always go for the same, but I feel 由 criticizing any of the two of them is insulting the world of story writing. I give it a thought why this whole Harry Potter vs Twilight thing is started and all that comes to me is a memory of mine. At some point I liked Twilight (though not as much as I am obsessed with Harry Potter). Then one 日 I had an argument with a friend of mine & naturally I sided with Harry Potter but hearing illogical criticism turned me against Twilight. But again I think if we criticize Twilight it’ll hurt their feelings too.
These days I feel pity towards Twilight 粉丝 because internet is full of mad stuff against Twilight. The only reason why Twilight 粉丝 are facing such situation is because Twilight is compared with Harry Potter. 你 see if 你 have a big rope be happy with it, but 你 can’t boast it and compare it with someone who have a bigger rope than you. Twilight is a good story but it was a grave mistake for the 粉丝 to compare it with Harry Potter 或者 even worse trying to prove it better.
I know if 你 are a Twilight 粉丝 你 will be feeling anguish that after all that again, I am making remark that the series they like is worse. If that is the case 你 are taking it all wrong. I, though being a Harry Potter fan, am still saying that Twilight is a good novel. 你 see we have two things –
1. The epic tale of Harry Potter
2. The Twilight saga
Again I’ll say Twilight is a good novel, but 你 can’t compare it with Harry Potter. So I am giving Twilight 粉丝 a suggestion, a polite suggestion to stop comparing it with something better. This way 你 will enjoy your liking to that series in piece. No one will be there to abuse 你 for liking a different series which is anyway likable and 你 are sane to like it.
I am also giving 你 some valid reasons as to why Harry Potter is better among two good one. I am doing this because I don’t want these two series compared in the abusive way they are done and 下一个 time I surf the internet i don’t wanna find shits on the name of two great 写作 works 由 desperate fans. So here it goes:
1. Well developed characters - All the characters in Harry Potter series are well developed. We (HP fans) can tell full life history of any character 你 pinpoint. Many characters have such a life story that 你 can write a completely different novel dedicated to themselves, whether it is SNAPE, a great lover spending his whole life to save Lily’s son, taking great personal risks, only to remember her 由 seeing into his eyes, 或者 may be Dumbledore, despite his plans in his early teens, spending his whole life fighting for Muggle rights and their protection, never allowing himself near power, refusing post of Minister of Magic, all done for his lifelong remorse of that unfortunate event of Ariana’s death. Not only these two but justice is done with all the characters.
2. General rules - J K Rowling made some rules about what magic can do as well as what magic can’t do, and these rules apply on all the characters weather he is of good 或者 evil side. Harry feels pain of Cruciatus curse as anybody, he has his weakness like inability to perform advance magic like Occlumency, he can be stupefied, disarmed, body-binded etc. Whereas Bella is invulnerable to Vampire powers for no apparent reason.
3. Natural behavior in Character – Rowling applied real world rules for character development. Harry being extremely famous didn’t like this fame because this fame come as result of the event in which his parents died. Draco being son of an immensively rich man with higher position in socity due to pure blood status turns out to be a bully, quite natural.
4. Real world approach - When there is a war, people from both side dies. Rowling killed characters from good side too, death of Sirius, Hedwig, Dumbledore, Mad-Eye, Lupin, 唐克斯 and 费雷德 were serious blow and filled her story with great emotions. In real world there are all type of peoples, of different societies, some of which are discriminated. This is perfectly portrayed 由 Rowling. Weather discrimination of Muggleborns, Warewolves, elfs 或者 Blood Traitors matches the real world discriminations. Then Harry Potter is full of different type of characters 你 generally find in any school like an intelligent headmaster – Dumbledore, a biased teacher – Snape, bullies – Malfoy, 螃蟹 & Goyle, giggling girls – Cho’s friends, gossip machines – Parvati and Lavender, cool dudes – 费雷德 & George etc.
5. Immense power of 爱情 – It is always stated 由 Twilight 粉丝 that there is no 爱情 shown in Harry Potter which is a lie. The 爱情 shown in Harry Potter series is at its deepest. Snape’s 爱情 for lily was enough to change direction of his life despite of his loathing for the Dark Arts. After all tragic events of life, Harry’s power to 爱情 is the only thing to keep him sane and fighting. Lily’s 爱情 for his son Harry saved him not only once but many times. Hermione and Ron’s 爱情 for Harry as a friend keep them with him till the very end and give them strength to be with him despite of all the dangers that will come their way. Harry Potter portrays not only romantic but parental 爱情 as well as 爱情 for humanity and that of friendship.
6. Beautiful characters – Though this is a matter of less concern but this topic is too often raised. Both Novels have some extremely beautiful characters. On one hand there were Cullens, on the other Cedric was also handsome, then breathe taking beauty of Fleur. Then Veela have magic to attract all males toward themselves. As of movie actors both movie have some very good looking and dashing actors, Robert Pattinson as Cedric 或者 Edward is quite dashing so is Tom Felton, then there is no doubt about beauty of Emma Watson.
7. Powers – Twilight 粉丝 always boast about 吸血鬼 being fast and having amazing powers like mind 阅读 etc. Firstly, I want to state that all of these is fictional. Then, wizards don’t need to be fast when they can dissapperate mile at a time. A normal wizard can have all the powers like to give pain(cruciatus curse), mind reading(legilimency), protecting mind(Occlumency) which 吸血鬼 can have only one at a time. But the power which is shown in Harry Potter as stronger and terrible than any other is of 爱情 and of soul which is single, intact and unmutilated.
I can go further but as I 说 my intention is not to compare two novels but to stop such comparision.(and afterall 7 is most powerfull no.) I’ve 给 some fair points which i am able to conclude after 阅读 both the novels (in case of Harry Potter series – cents of times ;)). Feel free to 评论 weather 你 agree 或者 dissagree with my any point & in return I’ll be delighted to elaborate 更多 after 阅读 your views.