Great Britain Posh??

vickyy posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 06:20PM
when i watch american t.v programmes and when they people pretend to be english they always do it in a posh, stuck up way. does anyone apart from me find that annoying?

Great Britain 15 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 HuddyGirl94 said…
smile
I am America and I've noticed that too. It's obvious that not all British people are posh, but I think Americans are very..I don't know. We like to make fun of people I guess. LoL. I feel bad though that we do that.
一年多以前 pixie09 said…
every one takes the piss out of every one .. americans just make it obvious
Blaze1213IsBack commented…
Very true. 一年多以前
一年多以前 Hollestercutie said…
angry
i hate it when americans do that!
一年多以前 Gulmira said…
May i ask what does it mean in a posh way as you wrote. I am foreigner, and cant understand the meaning. It means excellent, fine,luxury or smth another
一年多以前 anaksunamoon said…
I'm russian and I can't see that. But I get very mad, when actors try to play russian ppl, they do it so... unlike real!! So I guess I understand what you mean and you right it's very annoying!!
一年多以前 LoopyLuna96 said…
Yes! It's so annoying!
一年多以前 X-Squirt-X said…
rainy
D; Hate it, when I see it I'm like 'Hey! We're nothing like that!'
一年多以前 Shepard14 said…
I don't think that it is intentional! It's hard for some Americans to make an English Accent! trust me, I am very bad at it!
一年多以前 X-Squirt-X said…
england doesn't have one accent, so you can't really say "i can/can't do an english accent'. the english accents you probably do is the kind of 'queeny' way X)
True true. 一年多以前
一年多以前 ContentIrony said…
There's no really any point in England complaining about that when England take the piss out of America, and always stero-typing them.
一年多以前 pandawinx said…
smile
Now be fair you guys, im not american myself, but i do know that in english proggrames we take the mic of americans, not because we dont like them, because we are in a friendly state with each other, but because the makers are just ignorant and half of these big show makers havent even left there home state/country if your english.

I think we should all just face it: We're both stereotyping each other, so why dont we just admit we're both wrong and be mates, after all england and America arent that different. :)
I have noticed that 哈哈 but I don't mind it. 一年多以前
一年多以前 britishgal8 said…
smile
Anyone forgetting some people do bad Scottish accents to? That's annoying, especially since they portray them as being hot-heads with ginger hair who play bagpipes, eat haggis and wear tartan all the time! Like I do have ginger hair but, I'm not that hot headed. And I hate haggis, ever since that day in Primary school! Also, I can't play the bagpipes and tartan is not the cheapest thing (well the real clan tartans anyways) to buy.

Just wanted others to know Americans just don't stereotype England, this is the Great Britain fan spot and I think Scotland should at least get involved to!
一年多以前 CherylDavies-xx said…
Yeah, and it is annoying because people dont talk like that, we dont go round with bags of fish and chips in our hands, wearing suits and wearing 'specs', in fact its nothing like that! But everyone has interpritations and stereotypes, everyone associates americans with fast food and cowboy accents, so you cant blame them if im honest...
一年多以前 Tigerest12 said…
smile
Well I think that there is no difference between British and American people because we are all the same but unique. i am British, but i am on no-ones side here. Really, Britain ans America are friends because of the 1st and 2nd world war when the Americans helped us and were on our side. Also I agree that it is mainly stereotype that makes people think that people in Britain are all posh, because of the Victorian times with gentlemen and all that nonsense....
一年多以前 Blaze1213IsBack said…
cloudy
Like a lot people mentioned, yes everyone stereotypes everyone not just American and as a Hispanic I can see why that annoy's you since a lot people make offensive jokes of Mexicans and I get tired of people not knowing the differences between real Mexican food and Americanized food but we just got to deal with it cause nothing we can do. *sigh* ...but I do know a bit about British culture so I know the whole posh stereotype not true and other stereotypes.