权力游戏 And Now My Rewatch Begins: Post-Series Rewatch Commentary

DarkSarcasm posted on May 21, 2019 at 12:28AM
Anyone doing a post-series rewatch?

I am and I kinda wanted a place to ramble about it, sooo welcome to the rewatch forum. =P

Feel free to join in with your own rewatch thoughts, progress updates, or cool things you notice this time around!
 Anyone doing a post-series rewatch? I am and I kinda wanted a place to ramble about it, sooo wel
last edited on May 25, 2019 at 07:01PM

权力游戏 271 回复

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 271

一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Dammit. I think I like Davos this time around.
 Dammit. I think I like Davos this time around.
simrananime commented…
Finally someone 说 it. He was one of my favorite. I think he was as witty and reasonable as Tyrion. 一年多以前
DarkSarcasm commented…
I thought he was sooo boring in the books, and I nothinged him in the 显示 for ages, but I think his time with Jon won me over. 一年多以前
Ranty-cat commented…
I like him :D 一年多以前
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
3x02. "He's a monster."
 3x02. "He's a monster."
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"Everything that's happened since then all this horror that's come to my family it's all because I couldn't love a motherless child." Being aware of your bitchiness doesn't make you suck less, Cat. *hugs Jon*
 "Everything that's happened since then all this horror that's come to my family it's all because I co
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Coulda picked Joffrey. Or Tywin. Or Cersei. Gendry makes a very valid point about the Names, Arya.
 Coulda picked Joffrey. 或者 Tywin. 或者 Cersei. Gendry makes a very valid point about the Names, Arya.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
3x03. I guess Tyrion's waste-of-time chair-moving scene in the finale was a throwback to the waste-of-time chair-moving scene in S3. Which I did not remember.

I think I rewatched Ygritte's scenes at some point, but I'm fairly certain I've never done a full S3 rewatch. My first watch was done on a computer, and I remember having a solitaire game up to cover the video during the Dreadfort scenes. So no matter what else happens during S3, no matter how great the other parts are, I will never be able to love it. Same with 4&5. The Reek Era is physically painful to watch, and I eagerly await The Escape in S6. Because, as we all know, it's all rainbows and butterflies after that.
last edited 一年多以前
 3x03. I guess Tyrion's waste-of-time chair-moving scene in the finale was a throwback to the waste-of
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"Have you ever seen a war where innocents didn't die by the thousands? I was in King's Landing after the sack, khaleesi. You know what I saw? Butchery. Babies, children, old men. More women raped than you can count. There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand. But the Unsullied are not men. They do not rape. They do not put cities to the sword unless they're ordered to do so. If you buy them, the only men they'll kill are those you want dead." *stares into camera*
 "Have 你 ever seen a war where innocents didn't die 由 the thousands? I was in King's Landing after
Bibi69 commented…
Problem is, she wanted everyone dead. So they did kill children, women and innocents. *sighs* 一年多以前
DarkSarcasm commented…
Which supports my theory that Daenerys and Grey Worm planned the attack, rather than it being a sudden decision like the showrunners claimed. 一年多以前
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
3x04. This is a gorgeous shot. And an awesome scene. "Surprise, bitch. You're fucked."

It is also worth noting that the number "8,000" has been mentioned multiple times in regard to the Unsullied she acquired. Grey Worm said they lost half at the Battle of Ice & Fire. I'll be listening for any more mentions of losses along the way. 'Cause I still take issue with the amount of Unsullied with her at the end.
 3x04. This is a gorgeous shot. And an awesome scene. "Surprise, bitch. You're fucked." It is al
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Arya to Gendry, 3x05: I can be your family.
Arya to Gendry, 8x04: lol no thx
last edited 一年多以前
 Arya to Gendry, 3x05: I can be your family. Arya to Gendry, 8x04: 哈哈 no thx
Ranty-cat commented…
Lmfao 一年多以前
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Sooo this sounds vaguely familiar, for some reason...

"The Mad King was obsessed with fire. He loved to watch people burn, the way their skin blackened and blistered and melted off their bones. He burned lords he didn't like. He burned Hands who disobeyed him. He burned anyone who was against him. Before long, half the country was against him.

Aerys saw traitors everywhere. So he had his pyromancer place caches of wildfire all over the city-- beneath the Sept of Baelor and the slums of Flea Bottom. Under houses, stables, taverns. Even beneath the Red Keep itself.

Finally, the day of reckoning came. Robert Baratheon marched on the capital after his victory at the Trident. But my father arrived first with the whole Lannister army at his back, promising to defend the city against the rebels. I knew my father better than that. He's never been one to pick the losing side. I told the Mad King as much. I urged him to surrender peacefully. But the king didn't listen to me. He didn't listen to Varys who tried to warn him. But he did listen to Grand Maester Pycelle, that grey, sunken cunt.

"You can trust the Lannisters," he said. "The Lannisters have always been true friends of the crown." So we opened the gates and my father sacked the city. Once again, I came to the king, begging him to surrender. He told me to bring him my father's head. Then he turned to his pyromancer. "Burn them all," he said. "Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds."

Tell me, if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then?

First, I killed the pyromancer. And then when the king turned to flee, I drove my sword into his back. "Burn them all," he kept saying. "Burn them all." I don't think he expected to die. He-- he meant to burn with the rest of us and rise again, reborn as a dragon to turn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn't happen. That's where Ned Stark found me."

(I have screencap and script tabs open while I watch, I'm not typing all this out. Just for the record. XD)

Kinda makes me wish Jaime had killed Cersei. She also set the city ablaze once, and refused to surrender int he end. Let him carry the title of Queenslayer, too. ;)

So do you think the wildfire that lit during Daenerys' attack was planted by Cersei, or leftover from The Mad King?
last edited 一年多以前
 Sooo this sounds vaguely familiar, for some reason... "The Mad King was obsessed with fire. He lo
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
3x06. "You're both very good at skinning rabbits."
I'd forgotten all about the Reeds. (Such fascinating and important characters they turned out to be.) But I quite enjoyed Meera & Osha's rabbit exchange. XD
 3x06. "You're both very good at skinning rabbits." I'd forgotten all about the Reeds. (Such fascinat
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
I don't remember what happens to this guy but I remember that I liked his face.
 I don't remember what happens to this guy but I remember that I liked his face.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me - brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you'll shut forever."

*flails angrily about unfulfilled prophecies*
 "I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me - brown eyes, blue eyes, gree
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Ah, The Climb. Been looking forward to this since I started this dull and depressing season. #SavedByWildlings
 Ah, The Climb. Been looking 前锋, 期待 to this since I started this dull and depressing season. #SavedB
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
3x07. Margaery seems so sweet and genuine and it is both admirable and highly suspicious.
 3x07. Margaery seems so sweet and genuine and it is both admirable and highly suspicious.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"If we die, we die. But first, we'll live."
The Jon/Daenerys relationship seems almost laughable after seeing these two together again.
 "If we die, we die. But first, we'll live." The Jon/Daenerys relationship seems almost laughable aft
Ranty-cat commented…
Chemistry 100 😍 一年多以前
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Arya to The Hound, 3x09: "Some day, I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull."
The Hound to The Mountain, 8x05:
 Arya to The Hound, 3x09: "Some day, I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of 你
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
I care about Bran so much, I forgot that he could warg into humans. I will now be blaming all S8 out-of-character actions on Bran. Which makes that "I've never slept with a knight before" scene even more awkward. XD
 I care about Bran so much, I forgot that he could warg into humans. I will now be blaming all S8 out
Ranty-cat commented…
XD 一年多以前
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
How freakin' creepy is the bedding ceremony?
 How freakin' creepy is the bedding ceremony?
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
I remained unaffected by the Red Wedding until Arya had to watch Grey Wind die.
 I remained unaffected 由 the Red Wedding until Arya had to watch Grey Wind die.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
3x10. Tyrion to Happy Joffrey: "Killed a few puppies today?"

I looove how Tywin sends the king to bed. What a BAMF. XD
last edited 一年多以前
 3x10. Tyrion to Happy Joffrey: "Killed a few 小狗 today?" I looove how Tywin sends the king to
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"I'm going to find my little brother, and I'm going to bring him home."
MY QUEEN.
last edited 一年多以前
 "I'm going to find my little brother, and I'm going to bring him home." MY QUEEN.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
I looove the Stabby Arya scene.
 I looove the Stabby Arya scene.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
*CRIES*
 *CRIES*
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Ah, the good ol' days, when Daenerys was someone worth rooting for.
 Ah, the good ol' days, when Daenerys was someone worth rooting for.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x01. Yay, fun people!
 4x01. Yay, fun people!
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"Thenns. I fucking hate Thenns."
 "Thenns. I fucking hate Thenns."
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"Ser Jaime Lannister. Someone forgot to write down all your great deeds."
"There's still time."
"Is there? For a 40-year-old knight with one hand?"
The next King's Landing scene is Jaime talking to Brienne about protecting the Stark girls
 "Ser Jaime Lannister. Someone forgot to write down all your great deeds." "There's still time." "I
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x02. "You'll never marry her." "And neither will you." +500 points to Loras. XD
 4x02. "You'll never marry her." "And neither will you." +500 points to Loras. XD
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Heeey ho, the little bitch is deeeead.
 Heeey ho, the little 婊子, 子 is deeeead.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x03. Saved by The Creeper.
 4x03. Saved 由 The Creeper.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x04. "I will answer injustice with justice."
Was this the first clue to Dany's twisted sense of justice, or was this one necessary?

Also, according to my calculations, I am halfway done with my rewatch. (Which will end before S8.) Yaaay.
last edited 一年多以前
 4x04. "I will answer injustice with justice." Was this the first clue to Dany's twisted sense of jus
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
I had to look up why this ugly sucker was at The Wall. Thought I'd missed an episode. But he was there looking for Bran & Rickon on the orders of Bolton. There we go, mystery solved.
Locke. Slynt. Thorne. Is it time for all these dicks to die yet?
 I had to look up why this ugly sucker was at The Wall. Thought I'd missed an episode. But he was ther
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"It's the duty of the Lord Commander to fill those pages. And there's still room left on mine."
 "It's the duty of the Lord Commander to fill those pages. And there's still room left on mine."
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x05. Sansa's finally all safe, here in The Vale with her sweet Aunt Lysa.
 4x05. Sansa's finally all safe, here in The Vale with her sweet Aunt Lysa.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"Yes, beautiful wife, I love you so very much, I am not at all repulsed by your very gross existence."
 "Yes, beautiful wife, I 爱情 你 so very much, I am not at all repulsed 由 your very gross existence.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x06. "I'm here for Theon Greyjoy." As am I, My Queen.

I didn't see how scarred his body was the first time around, because I refused to watch those scenes. I eagerly await Sansa's Revenge.
last edited 一年多以前
 4x06. "I'm here for Theon Greyjoy." As am I, My Queen. I didn't see how scarred his body was the f
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"You said the histories would never mention me, but you would not forget." I don't know where the original conversation happened, but Varys totally called Tyrion being left out of the book at the end. XD
 "You 说 the histories would never mention me, but 你 would not forget." I don't know where the 或者
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x07.
"They can live in my new world, or they can die in their old one."
last edited 一年多以前
 4x07. "They can live in my new world, 或者 they can die in their old one."
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"Oh, my sweet wife. My sweet, silly wife. I have only loved one woman, only one, my entire life. Bye, bitch."

I loved the snowy scene where Sansa built Winterfell. It was nice for her to have a peaceful minute to herself before Robin came and wrecked her castle. And then the other awkward thing. But it was pretty!
last edited 一年多以前
 "Oh, my sweet wife. My sweet, silly wife. I have only loved one woman, only one, my entire life. Bye,
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x08. Adios, hateful hookers. Thanks for sparing Gilly, Ygritte.
 4x08. Adios, hateful hookers. Thanks for sparing Gilly, Ygritte.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
GUUURL this little interrogation was incredible.
 GUUURL this little interrogation was incredible.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Did you miss the part where he changed his mind and saved your life, you monster? HOW CAN YOU BANISH THAT FACE.
 Did 你 miss the part where he changed his mind and saved your life, 你 monster? HOW CAN 你 BANISH
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
also me @ The Mountain and The Viper
(RIP Ellaria too I guess?)
 also me @ The Mountain and The 毒蛇 (RIP Ellaria too I guess?)
Ranty-cat commented…
I felt awful :( 一年多以前
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x09. "I know you never fucked a bear. You know you never fucked a bear. Right now I don't want to think about the bear you never fucked."
 4x09. "I know 你 never fucked a bear. 你 know 你 never fucked a bear. Right now I don't want to t
Ranty-cat commented…
哈哈 一年多以前
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Things I Didn't Remember about The Battle of Castle Black:
-that it took up an entire episode
-that Tormund is the one who took town Alliser Thorne (edit: dammit he's not dead yet)
-that Pyp & Grenn died so soon
-lol this mofo
last edited 一年多以前
 Things I Didn't Remember about The Battle of 城堡 Black: -that it took up an entire episode -that
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
me @ these damn crows: STOP POKING HOLES IN MY TORMUND
 me @ these damn crows: STOP POKING HOLES IN MY TORMUND
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
4x10. There weren't a whole lot of pleasant surprises in GOT, but the arrival of the Baratheon army was definitely one of them.
 4x10. There weren't a whole lot of pleasant surprises in GOT, but the arrival of the Baratheon army
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
"She belongs in the North. The real North. You understand me?"
 "She belongs in the North. The real North. 你 understand me?"
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
Damn, what a fight.
 Damn, what a fight.
一年多以前 DarkSarcasm said…
And off Arya sails, to the most boring place in the 'verse.
 And off Arya sails, to the most boring place in the 'verse.