EgoMouse Me viene al pelo

EgoMouse posted on Nov 27, 2010 at 10:34AM
That’s just what I needed!

Huh? I just had an idea. See, on Facebook there's some kind of application that shows a new Spanish phrase everyday. So, I'll make a forum post and post new Spanish phrases everyday if I can remember. Cool, right? Eh...so, I want to learn Spanish ^^ If I know how to count in English and Chinese, why not Spanish?

EgoMouse 8 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 EgoMouse said…
¡Que patoso eres!
You’re so clumsy
一年多以前 EgoMouse said…
Estas en tu salsa
You’re in your element
一年多以前 EgoMouse said…
¡No tengas jeta!
Don’t be so cheeky

Alguien como tú es difícil de encontrar, fácil de querer e imposible de olvidar.
Someone like you is difficult to find, easy to love, and impossible to forget.
一年多以前 EgoMouse said…
Hay cuatro gatos
There is hardly anyone here

Cuatro is also used to denote a small amount of rain: Ha llovido cuatro gotas - literally, it has rained four drops. (Submitted by srising)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 EgoMouse said…
En el país de los ciegos, el tuerto es el rey
If you know a bit more about something than someone else, you are an expert

The literal meaning of this phrase is: In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.(Submitted by srising)
一年多以前 EgoMouse said…
Es un cantamañanas
He’s irresponsible/deceitful

Cantamañanas (literally Singmornings?!) is used for people who don’t keep their promises or brag a lot without substance. (Submitted by Jose Miguel)

Quisiera ser gato para pasar 7 vidas a tu lado.---
I wish I were a cat, so I could spend 7 lives by your side.---
一年多以前 EgoMouse said…
Me tienes frito
I’m exhausted by you

Frito means fried. You’d use this for an exhausting boyfriend or a pestering child, when you’ve had enough! (Submitted by Valenciason)

Parece que tu corazón me está hablando y tus ojos me están cantando. ---It seems that your heart talks to me and your eyes sing to me.-
一年多以前 EgoMouse said…
Me muero de hambre
I’m starving!

Literally, I’m dying of hunger. (Submitted by ron)

Si cada vez que pienso en ti, una estrella se apagara... no habría en el cielo una estrella que brillara.---
If every time I think of you a star disappeared... there wouldn't be any stars left shining in the sky.---