爱德华·卡伦和雅各布·布莱克 Is it 爱情 或者 is it infatuation?

Jacobs_Chick posted on Jul 30, 2008 at 05:50AM
In preparation for Breaking Dawn, I started re-reading the last three books in the Twilight series and I realized something. I found that I was starting to skip over some of the sections where Bella is just going on and on about the perfection of Edward. Like that scene when they're in the meadow for the first time. To me it seemed like one long chapter of complete infatuation. After a while I think I got kinda bored with both Edward and Bella.
To me it doesn't really seem like love, more of an obsession (mostly on Bella's part now that I think about it)Edward even mentions in Twilight that his looks and his smell makes him the perfect predator, so aren't her feelings toward him generated chiefly by what lures prey to him in the first place? I guess what I'm trying to say is that true love isn't centered on looks and smell (haha) alone. If Edward was human, and wasn't godlike in appearance, but still loved her (I know doesn't make for much of a story but humor me here) would her feelings be the same? What do you think??

爱德华·卡伦和雅各布·布莱克 8 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 twilightadict said…
me and my friend have been debating the way both of them act. we think its both. i think at first it was (for edward) to see what bella was really thinking cuz he couldnt read her mind and that it still is half way why he is still withn her. but bella just cant get away from his "beauty" to really care
一年多以前 Nightly said…
I've thought about this topic aswell, and though it dose seem like infatuation. Bella has become extreamly good friends with Edward, and though love seems like it should come from hearts and flying cupids, it doesn't. In all honestly I think Edward has the same effect on Bella in the way of an over coming beauty, which I think only binds them together more closely.
一年多以前 jacoblove88 said…
Personally I think that it is merely infatuation. She is always talking about how "godlike" he looks or how he looks like "a tribute to some forgotten pagan god of beauty" it seems to me that she never thinks about anything else. And also the way she cant stand to be away from him its as if she is drawn to him because of his beauty and the mythical aura he carries not him himself. Personally I think that Jacob was right when he said that Edward was like a drug for her. I think that what Bella and Edward have is infatuation and what Bella and Jacob have is actual love.
一年多以前 Jacobs_Chick said…
I agree, jacoblove88. Like a drug, Bella allows Edward to cloud her judgement and do incredibly stupid stuff just to be near him. Jacob was like Bella's detox from Edward.
一年多以前 kateliness2 said…
I also agree, even though the series is over :) When Bella goes on it is *so* boring. And Edward's actions are just as predictable. His character is pretty flat to me, one-dimensional. All I think of when I think of Edward is a pretty face. And that's probably all Bella thought of for most of the books as well.
一年多以前 Alinta said…
wink
I agree but love is likke a drug remember!
一年多以前 luvutoo said…
I think Edward and bella were infactuated with one another. Really he was just intrigued by the fact that this was the one girl whose mind he couldnt read and she smelled good. There are so many nmen out there like that, it gets them interested that they have to work. Bella saw a gorgeous guy who wouldnt give anyone else the time of day but her, who wouldnt like that. I believe Jacob truly loved her based on something real, time, friendship, and who she was as a person. If Bella had explored it she could have loved him too.
一年多以前 jammyd97 said…
big smile
JACOBS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!