Divergent This Doesn't Have A Happy Ending

mbg43 posted on Mar 30, 2012 at 08:04PM
This is not a story for people who like happy endings.

Character Discriptions
Red-light brown shoulder length hair, yellow sun dress, red sandals, blue eyes.

Jake-Short brown hair, blue shirt, jeans, sneakers, green eyes.

Liz-long black hair, black dress, white tites, black flats, piercing blue eyes.
last edited on Apr 10, 2012 at 02:00AM

Divergent 20 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
Anyone?
一年多以前 Aqua_Rose said…
What's it about?
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
A girl named Rosemary Zelpes from Amity chooses Dauntless on the day of the choosing.(This story takes place the year before Tris chooses Dauntless) It's about her short life as a Dauntless
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
Ok firs chapter is probably gonna be the longest of all of them and here it is!

Red's POV
I am Rosemary from the Amity faction. I am sixteen and today is the day of the choosing. My aptitude test was narrowed down to two choices; Dauntless and Abnegation. The way I see it is that I have one real choice; Dauntless. I just think Abnegation is too much like Amity. All peaceful and loving. "Rosemary Zelpes." I hear the guy announce. 
     I quickly walk up and accept my knife. The blade cuts across my hand leaving a bloody trail. I cup my hands and walk towards the flaming coals of Dauntless. My hands shake as I let my blood fall. 
     All around me people gasp and start to mutter. I ignore them and stand with the other Dauntless who cheer for me loudly as I join them. 
     I was the last person to choose my faction. I joined the Dauntless just as they started trampolining down the stairs to the train. I silently curse my mom for making me were a yellow dress. I don't hate dresses, it's surprising what you can hide in one, its just that they make it rather hard to run. 
     Everyone lines up next to the train track as the ground starts to tremble. A train appears in the distance. I run next to one of the open doors and jump sideways. I miss the door and my face slams into the side of the train. A rush of adrenalin courses through my body. I stand up and sprint to the last open door. Someone holds out their arm and I grab it gratefully. A boy with short brown hair and green eyes was the one who pulled me in."Hi, I'm Jake. What's your name and why are you bleeding?"He shouts over the wind. 
     For some reason I don't answer right away. Rosemary doesn't seem like my name any more."Red, my name's Red" I shout back over the wind. "I kinda missed the door on my first try." 
      I felt lightheaded so I sat down and leaned against the wall. Jake sat down next to me just before a gust of wind knocked down almost everybody. For the rest of the ride I sat there, smiling, until a girl from Candor shouted "They're jumping off!"
     "Were seven stories up! Where are the jumping to?" asked Jake. 
     "Looks like a rooftop to me." I shouted back. 
     I was right. They were all leaping on to the rooftop like they did it every day. Then it was our turn to jump over the gap between the train and the building. 
     Jumping off that train was either the bravest or the stupidest thing I have ever done. There was the moment of weightlessness then the hard impact of the ground. I landed badly on my right foot and I swear I heard a snap. Jake landed next to me and stumbled a few feet to regain his balance. He seemed pleased with himself for landing and staying on his feet.  
     I tried standing but did not succeed. 
     "Listen up! My name is Max! I am one of the leaders of your new faction!" shouts a man at the other end of the roof. He is older than the others, with deep creases in his dark skin and gray hair at his temples, and he stands on the ledge like it's a sidewalk. "Several stories below us is the members' entrance to our compound. If you can't muster the will to jump off, you don't belong here. Our initiates have the privilege of going first."[If you look that's the exact words from the book]
     I know there will be times to back down but now it is time to step up. Jake helps me to stand and before I loose my courage I hop over to the ledge, turn around, and fall back. 
For a few moments I am fall ing towards the ground at a deadly speed. Then I hit something hard that gives way underneath me. 
     I almost laugh. It's a net! Then I realize what I just did. I just jumped off a building! Well sort of. I more like fell off a building. 
     I remember that other people are going to jump off soon and I grab someone's hand. He pulls me to the edge of the net and helps me down. "A girl from Amity is the first jumper? What is this world coming to?" Says a voice from behind him. 
     "There's a reason she left them, Lauren" he says "What's your name?"
     "Red" I say. 
     "Make the announcement, Four" says Lauren, grinning. 
     "First jumper-Red" shouts Four. 
     A crowd of unseen people cheer. Now that there is no threat of being faction less, for the moment, I pass out. All the adrenalin leaving my body. Four catches my seemingly lifeless body and lowers it to the ground. 
     Jake's POV
She is one brave person to jump off a ledge seven stories up. I guess it doesn't make sense to kill people that are willing to join or are in the faction. So I run and jump off the ledge, a shout of triumph escapes me. Then I hit the net and groan. I grab an arm that was reached out to me. He pulls me over and I drop onto the platform next to him. 
     Then I see two Dauntless carrying Red away. He sees me looking at her and says"She's okay. Probably just a sprained ankle and a broken nose. What's your name?"
     "Jake" I say still a little worried. 
     "Second jumper-Jake" announces Lauren.

Hoped you liked it! :D
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
My eye won't stop twitching!!! Is annoying the heck out of me.

I felt like sharing that with everyone. I don't know why

Well it's like 11:30 here so G'night to all!
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
sad
No comments?
一年多以前 Aqua_Rose said…
Did Red die? :O

That was good! I enjoyed reading it although I did think that it was perhaps slightly too similar to Tris' experiences in Divergent- it would have been interesting to hear more about Red's life as an Amity girl, and what kind of things influenced her to make her decision to join the Dauntless. But still, that is only the first chapter, so yeah, it's great!

Maybe once you've finished you could post it as an article?

(Don't worry about other people not answering- this spot isn't very busy, though I've been trying to liven it up a bit and make it more interesting)
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
mischievous
Ok I shall do that. And sorry for not posting is been a busy Easter weekend I will post probably later today or around this time tomarrow.
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
mischievous
Told ya I would post. And it's only like 10:00!!! Here is the second capter. When I add a new character I put their discription at the top of the page.

Red's POV
I woke up to find Jake sitting in a chair next to the bed I am laying in. He notices I am awake and says "Four told me it was a good idea to wait for you to wake up so I could give you a tour of where things are. That is if you feel up to it."
     I nod and get up, remembering at the last moment that my ankle is sprained. I would have fallen over if it wasn't for Jake. He helped me get to my bed and by that time my head was starting to throb. I collapsed on by bed and watched Jake climb into the bunk above me. I say good night to the world for the second time that day. 
     Jake's POV
She collapsed onto her bed and almost instantly she was asleep. For some reason people just look cuter and less deadly when they're asleep. As I fall asleep, I wonder if I should be crying like almost all the rest of them. Drifting in to the dark abyss of sleep, I control my thoughts no longer and let dreams find me. 
     I dreamed I was a bird and I was flying over Erudite, my old faction. Then there's a gunshot and I fall to the ground. I am going to die, here, lying on the ground with no one around to help me. I think as my life as a bird ends. 
     Red's POV
I dreamt that I was in the Erudite faction and I shot a bird, that was flying, with prefect aim. After I shot it I felt bad, but then remembered that it was a dream and I didn't really kill a bird. 
     I didn't notice until now but I wasn't wearing the yellow dress I had on yesterday. I am now wearing black pants and a black T-Shirt. There were a pair of black sneakers next to my bed. 
     My head and ankle still throbbing slightly. 
     Liz's POV
I was Elizabeth from the Candor faction. Now I am Liz in the Dauntless faction. 
     I surprised myself that day. I jumped off the ledge and didn't  scream all the way down. Only a little sound of surprise when I hit the net. 
     At dinner I sat with a boy named Jake and with the instructor guy, Four. I don't think they even noticed me. They were talking about a girl named Red who, I think, was in the infirmary. 
     There were exactly enough beds for all the transfers. Ten of us. One from Amity. None from Abnegation. Five from Erudite. And four from Candor. Most of us are boys but not all. 
     I hope I stand a chance to get into Dauntless. I would kill myself before living faction less. 
     Thinking about my day made me feel tiered and a little lonely. I claimed a bed close to the door and fell asleep. No dreams came to me. Just hours of blackness. Time to think and wonder what would happen if I chose Candor.It is to late to regret my choice. I am not honest. I am brave.
     Jake's POV
I woke up, dressed in my new black cloths, then prodded Red awake. "What time is it?" she said sleepily. 
     "About 7:30. Training starts at 8:00 and breakfast is now." I told her. 
     Red climbed out of bed and pulled on one shoe. Her left ankle had almost doubled in size over night. To me it looked like a throbbing purpleish red thing. "Leave your shoes here. I'll just cary you to breakfast then we'll ask Four about your ankle."
     Red nodded looking a bit shocked. She climbed onto my back and wrapped her arms around my neck and we set off for the dining hall.

There it is. I hope you liked it
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
sad
One comment is all I ask.
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
     Red's POV
I was carried by Jake to the dining hall. He let me down next to a girl with long black hair and went to find Four. The girl asked"What happened to your foot?"
     "I landed badly on the roof" I said. 
     "Can I see it?"
     I looked at her suspiciously then nodded. She prodded my ankle with her fingers. "Does that hurt?" she asked. 
     "On a scale of one to ten that would be about a four and a half." I said. 
     "Okay, I think you cracked a bone but I'm not sure. It could just be very badly bruised. Did you hear a snap when it happened?"
     "Yeah, I did. Or I think I did."
     Jake arrived with Four at his side. "What's she doing?" he questioned. 
     Before I got to answer Liz answered"I was trying to tell her that her ankle is either very badly bruised or slightly fractured."
     "Well I don't know much about medical stuff but I do know where the infirmary is. I can carry you there. You two," Four said pointing at Liz and Jake,"should eat. Training starts in five minutes." he bent over and picked me up[the way he picked Tris up after Peter tried to kill her] and carried me to the infirmary. 
     When we got there a nurse came over and took x-rays of my ankle. She said there was a hairline fracture and would be fully healed in a month. I winced as the nurse wrapped my ankle, to hold it in place while it healed, and gave me a pair of crutches. 
     "You'll have to use these for a few weeks" said the nurse. "Come here if it swells up again."
Jake's POV
Lauren led us to a room with a table covered in guns and targets at the end of the room. She grabbed a gun off the table and said"Okay, listen up. This is the only shooting demonstration your going to get so I suggest you pay attention."Lauren showed us how to stand and how to hold the gun for the best accuracy. "Okay, grab a gun and get started."
     The weight of the gun in my hand made me feel strong and in control. I stood in front of a target and stood the way Lauren did. I aimed the gun at the bottom ring of the target, knowing the the gun would kick in my hands. Slowly I squeezed the trigger. The gun bucked and almost hit my face. I looked at the target, not expecting to see a mark, but there was! Not even near where I aimed but I hit it on the first try! Lauren, who was standing behind me, said"Lucky shot. I bet you didn't even aim there." I was going to say something back but she had moved on to other people. 
     About a half hour latter Red walked in followed by Four. She was on crutches and her foot was wrapped in cloth. Four and Red both grabbed a gun off the table and went to an open target. Four was carrying a folded blanket that he set down on the ground. He told Red to put her left knee on it(the injured leg). He kneeled down next to her and taught her how to shoot. 
Red's POV
It felt good to have a gun in her hand again. At school she had a friend, Emily, who was a Dauntless. She said she was impressed with my bravery. I got dared to jump off a seven foot ledge blindfolded. I did it and managed to not get in trouble or break anything. She said she would teach me how to shoot if I told no one about it. 
   I kept my promise and so did she. [End of flashback]
     My first shot hit the target dead center. I was not surprised at the kick of the gun or that the shot was a bull's eye but everyone else was.

There is the post of the week
一年多以前 Aqua_Rose said…
wink
I liked how you started Liz's POV, and how you developed the characters further. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter!
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
I'm officially on vacation so don't expect another chapter for a few days.
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
Red's POV

As I made my way to lunch, I went up to Liz and asked "How did you know my ankle has a hairline fracture?"
"A few years ago I wanted to be a doctor. Then I was picked on by some boys and I stopped studying it." she responded.
Jake, who was walking in front of us, slowed down so he was in line with us, putting me in the middle. "Where'd you learn to shoot like that?" he questioned.
"I think we'd all like to know the answer to that," said Four from behind us.
"I won a bet," I lied. That is the reason I didn't pick Candor, I lie a bit to much.
Liz's POV
After lunch Four showed us the basic kicks and punches. Then he watched us like a hawk watches it's prey. That night I went to bed feeling muscles I didn't know I had.

There was a nervous aura at breakfast. As for me I was exited.
Red's POV
"You don't have to fight if you don't want to" Four said before he wrote in the names of who was competing against who.
"No" I had said not wanting to be a cowered. I now regret my choice just a bit.
I had to fight the biggest girl of all four of us, Olivia. I didn't feel like breaking a limb so I pretended to be knocked out long enough for Eric to declare Olivia the winner. That either makes me a cowered or a smart person.
Before me Jake faced a guy named Zack in the first fight. It was over rather quickly. Jake bowed to Zack then looked at him expectantly. A confused Zack bowed back and was kicked in a place no one should be kicked. Then was kicked in the face and the match was over.
The door creaked open and Liz stood in the doorway. She was wearing a black dress with knee high boots. "You should rely get that fixed," she said then came to stand by me.
"You know your fighting Tyler, the biggest kid I have ever seen, today right?" I asked. She just laughed and watched the end of the current fight.
"I'm up. Wish me luck," Liz said then walked to the ring. She must be crazy I thought.
Jake's POV
I watched as Liz and Tyler circled each other. Tyler lunged and Liz gracefully spun out of his way and tripped him, sending him sprawling onto the floor. This happened a few more times before Eric shouted "Quit playing around and fight already."
"You heard him," Liz said. "Take your best shot." She put her hands on her hips to emphasize her point. Tyler looked at her with pure hatred. Her swung his fist at her face. Suddenly Liz was behind Tyler. She hit him, not very hard, on the base of his skull. He fell to the ground.
Everyone in the room stood starring at Liz. "What did you do to him?" asked Eric.
"I knocked him out. I hit him on what's called a pressure point. He'll wake up I a few minutes." Liz explained."I'm hungry. I wonder what's for dinner." Then she walked out the door leaving behind a room of confused and surprised people.

5. Zack's POV
"You know how I said I used to want to be a doctor?" Liz was saying."Well some Dauntless picked on me for it. That's about the time when I learned how to pressure point people. I knocked them out the next time they talked to me. To bad I lost interest in being a doctor, the skills might be useful here."
I was going over all the things that had happened since I let my blood fall into the lit coals of Dauntless. Almost missing the train. Nearly falling to my death getting off the train. Whacking myself in the face the first time I shot the gun. Being defeated by a Erudite. Life is hard but all good things come with a price.
一年多以前 AuthorForPooh said…
Keep going, keep going!!! I love how it keeps the suspense of all the different characters throughout the story. Don't stop writing! :)
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
this is the first time I've been on fanpop in five months but I guess i'll continue to post
一年多以前 CarolineG said…
smile
YES!!! Continue, It's really good!
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
I will continue it if you read the chapters
一年多以前 CarolineG said…
smile
We will!! At least, I will... :)
一年多以前 mbg43 said…
I know this is short but it seemed nicer to have less of a cliffhanger.

No one's POV
"So, who's going to tell her about the cake?" Zack said as the three of them stared at the fallen piece of cake.
"Not it!" Red announced as she touched her nose.
Zack looked up from the fallen cake confused.
"Not it!" Jake said mimicking Red.
"You're it!" Red declared pointing at Zack.
"Do over! I wasn't ready!" He said frantically.
"No" Red and Jake said together in a monotone voice.
"Aw man" Zack whined, "She's gonna kill me."
"Who'd want to kill you?" Liz questioned as she re-arrived at the table. Zack froze, an expression of pure fear visible on his face, as he slowly turned to face Liz.
"You," Red interjected before Zack could respond, "Especially after he tells you what happened." Zack's head whipped around now to look at Red.
"Tell what happened to what?" Liz questioned, turning to face Zack. That was when she caught a glimpse of where her cake had been. "Zack," Liz said, anger barely concealed, "Care to tell me what happened to my cake?"
"Not really, no" Zack muttered. He seemed to be trying to inch his way to the door. Poor guy Jake thought To have to suffer the wrath of a woman on his own. Maybe I should help him…nah, he'll live.
"Guys, kill each other later. We're gonna be late if we don't leave now." Red said frantically, glancing between the clock and her friends.
"She's right," Jake said "And it takes more time than we have to walk to the training room."

And so the group of four ran along the shortest rout to the training room they knew. Zack leading the way with an angry Liz not far behind and Jake carrying Red a small distance after her. All running for the same but different reasons. This was the day a new band of friends was created.