Most people see 灰姑娘 as a poor girl who waited for her Prince to come and find her but Walt 迪士尼 himself 说 in 1949, "She believed in dreams, all right, but she also believed in doing something about them. When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him." Which probably explains why she’s always been one of my favorites, she doesn’t just sit around after her Fairy godmother helps her out she goes the rest of the way and falls in love.
灰姑娘 is the 12th classic out of the 50 animated classics and it was released in 1950 13 years after his last princess movie, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It was the first movie to be made after World War II and was not a “package film” like Melody Time and Make Mine Music, this is the movie that would have made 或者 break the 迪士尼 Company. 灰姑娘 cost nearly 3 million dollars and if it had failed they would have gone bankrupt, luckily it was a huge success and 迪士尼 was able to carry on with his work.
灰姑娘 (or the Little Glass Slipper)’s origin is a French Fairytale often attributed to Grimm (Original French Title: Cendrillon, ou La petite Pantoufle de Verre). Disney’s adaption keeps most of the details but some changes made are:
• The beginning is kept 更多 或者 less the same, with her mother dying her father remarrying leaving her in the care of a wicked stepmother since he travels so often.
• The father leaves for a trip and asks his stepdaughters what they want, which is fine luxuries, 灰姑娘 asks for the first twig that knocks his hat off.
• He brings the stepdaughters dresses and pearls, and 灰姑娘 gets a hazel twig which she plants over her mother’s grave. Over the years she weeps over it and it grows. Under it she would pray three times a 日 and a bird would come and grant her wishes.
• Instead of one ball to celebrate the Prince’s return, there are three. On the night of the first the Stepmother throws lentils into the fireplace’s ashes and she can attend if she can finish it in less than an hour, so the bird come and pick them out so the Stepmother throws in twice as much the bird pick them again but the Stepmother still refuses to let her come.
• She goes to the Hazel 树 and the bird gives her a silver 袍, 礼服 and shoes. The 下一个 night the same thing happens except her 袍, 礼服 is even better and on the third night she’s adorned in gold. On the first two nights she runs off before midnight leaving the Prince head over heels for her. The third night she runs off leaving her slipper behind.
• The Prince goes to her house and tries the shoe on the eldest stepsister who cuts off her heel to get it to fit, the bird tells the Prince who rejects her. The 下一个 stepsister cuts off her toe and again the bird tells him. He then tries it on Cinderella, it fits and they’re married. At the end of the wedding doves strike the stepsisters blind as punishment.
Jacqueline “Ilene” Woods was the voice of Cinderella, she beat out over 300 other women to get the role. And she had this to say about it at the premier "Seeing it [the film] in its new form was breathtaking for me. It's so beautiful. The color is magnificent, it just took my breath away, it was so wonderful. I sort of forget when I'm watching the movie that I had anything to do with it. Yet, it brings back so many beautiful memories of working with the wonderful artists and working with Walt mostly. It brings back wonderful, wonderful memories." She was 21 when she did the voice and died in 2010 at age 81.
The 音乐 of 灰姑娘 was what made the movie such a hit, Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo was the most 流行的 song and was a hit single four times.
1. Cinderella – Main Title
2. A Dream is a Wish Your 心 Makes
3. Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale
4. The Work Song
6. So This is Love
Deleted songs include 灰姑娘 Worksong also called I’m In the Middle of a Muddle, Dancing on a 云, 云计算 which was replaced 由 So This is Love, and Beautiful. All three are available on the special edition 2005 Soundtrack.
There are also some deleted scenes from the movie including the Prince ‘hunting’ a deer who is actually a friend, another with the Duke discovering that she’s a maid and the Prince is surprised but he’s not bothered 由 it, and one where the Fairy Godmother reappear at the end and restores her ball gown. For the I’m in the Middle of a Muddle song 灰姑娘 was going to imagine she was an army of maids to finish her work. There was another one where she would have eavesdropped on the stepsisters but Walt thought it would make her look spiteful.
All in all 灰姑娘 was notable one of Walt’s 最喜爱的 电影院 his 最喜爱的 transformation was of her ripped outfit into her ball gown. And this was the movie that made him famous all over again.