Critical Analysis of Twilight Inappropriate Twilight Bashing

Cinders posted on Apr 04, 2010 at 09:16PM
I recently came across link in the Harry Potter spot. Now, don't get upset if the link isn't there when you click on it, because I reported it. I don't know what will be done about it, but I thought I should.

Interestingly, it's not the poem that I find inappropriate. It is a little inappropriate, but mostly it's the attitude to which its been received. The poster called Twilight fans "Twazi" (a term that I find diminishes the severety of actual Nazis) and there are other "anti-twilight" sentiments expressed not-so-nicely.

I think this is partly done because people assume that Harry Potter fans can't be Twilight fans, so they feel its "safe" for them to bash it there.

Granted, this forum isn't TERRIBLE. They aren't actively bashing, just laughing at an anti-Edward poem. But for some reason, it's the WAY in which they're going about it that bugs me. It hints at bad things to come, especially when avid Twilight fans see it.

What do you guys think?

Critical Analysis of Twilight 9 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 katiecain said…
It has been removed... But Twazi? That's disgusting, really. I know most people only use that for really extreme fans but comparing them to a Nazi... Wow. I wonder if people who use the term actually know what a Nazi is if they can compare them, even if it is jokey.

And the amount of pointless bashing is getting so boring. I like a good debate as much as the next person but all the stereotyping of fans is a little tiring.
一年多以前 Plenilunio said…
You did the right thing. Some lines should never be crossed.
一年多以前 luvutoo said…
I agree. You did the right thing. I am not a Harry Potter fan at all but i have no problem with those who do and i hope they find enjoyment in the books and the movies. Why cant the same be felt about Twilight fans. I dont understand the animosity.
一年多以前 Cinders said…
For posterity and discussion, the posted poem was:

"He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
His name is Edward Cullen
So get ready to get raped."
一年多以前 rachaelwsz said…
^Wow. I meant the poem.
一年多以前 SimplyLaurel said…
The problem I have with rabid anti-fans is the complete lack of respect. I can disagree with someone without belittling them and trying to humiliate them. Liking or loving Twilight does not make someone stupid, which is what the rabids seem to think.
一年多以前 Plenilunio said…
^ Exactly. And now they're flooding the Harry Potter spot. Whenever I find something pro or anti Twilight in it, I report it.
一年多以前 Frizzhead said…
wow from what cinders has posted that poem is ugh...and the Twazi jibe is so ignorant
一年多以前 XDRoseLuvsHP said…
Twazi? That's too much.
Another one I hate is Twitard.
Seriously? I'm anti-Twilight, but this is too much.
I'm beginning to feel like there are people who just hate a person for saying they like Twilight, which is ridiculous.