基督教 Help me forum!

thetacoman posted on May 15, 2011 at 10:49PM
I really need help at the Atheist club. Im trying to answer their questions, but Im gonna need backup.
PLEEASE be respectufl!

基督教 16 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 thetacoman said…
link Just look for the ask a Christian forum
一年多以前 Ninja-Kitten said…
hmmm
Excuse me? If you can't defend your opinions on your own, you've got a couple problems.

It's not that hard, PLEASE just explain why you think the way you do! No one else can explain YOUR positions.

i.e. women's rights arguments for pro-choice are crap. I really really want to hear more about that.

Getting more Christians involved in the Atheism spot would be nice, but PLEASE don't come as a big missionary parade of converters!
一年多以前 misanthrope86 said…
To be fair, you should have asked your fellow Christians about all this first. Before I made the Ask An Atheist forum in the Atheist spot, I asked the members of the spot if they thought it was a good idea. I think it would have been beneficial for you to ask people in this spot if an Ask A Christian forum was a good idea and if people liked it, then you could have created the forum in THIS spot, and invited people from all faiths/belief systems to ask you some questions. Unfortunately, you took it upon yourself to set up that forum in the Atheism spot. And you did so after poking the Atheist bear (ie telling us what we believe and how awesome Christianity is).

You have now invited people into our spot who may not understand the orgin of your forum. Christians are more than welcome to visit us as often as they want. They are more than welcome to join the spot. But I strongly suggest that you work on improving your forum so that people know the boundaries. So far, your comments have not gone down to well over in the Atheism spot, so inviting your fellow christians to join in isn't going to make things any better. You need to set ground rules within that forum, and you need to respect ours as well. It is for that reason that you are struggling with us at the moment.
last edited 一年多以前
一年多以前 thetacoman said…
But of course, when I send for help answering your questions, I am met with hostility. Unnessacary, unpointed hate.
一年多以前 thetacoman said…
And why should I need the base's approval for an independent study.
一年多以前 thetacoman said…
Fine, ninjakitten.
I beleive using womens rights as an excuse is bad because it is taking a good cause and making it an excuse for what I consider murder.
一年多以前 KateKicksAss said…
Look, I don't know you, so I wouldn't hate you just for coming onto the Atheism spot. Knowing the types of people on that spot, they wouldn't hate you either, unless you did something to deserve it.
一年多以前 Ninja-Kitten said…
You send for help because you can't back up your own thoughts. THAT'S what pisses me off.

You came to our spot with good intentions but all you've managed to do is spew a fountain of insulting beliefs without proving anything.

You don't NEED our approval for a "study" as you so politely describe what you're doing, but if you want to actually LEARN, you have to have our approval.

What you've seen of us is what happens when a rude, missionary-type, uneducated person walks into a room full of peaceful, minding-their-own-business atheists and proceeds to tell them that Christianity is good, God is real, abortion is murder, and homosexuality is wrong. All without giving REASONS.

For example, what DEARHEART might have seen is a group of people respectfully welcoming her and asking polite questions in order to better understand something they'd like to know more about. This is because she was polite and respectful first, causing us to return with the same feelings.

You were rude and snarky. I was infuriated and retaliated in a similar way.

BE NICE AND WE SHALL BE NICE TOO.
一年多以前 KateKicksAss said…
Also-tacoman...Womens Rights IS an "excuse". I mean, it's a free country, right? That would be like, say you grew a cancerous tumor, and you weren't allowed to have it removed, just because it might be beneficial to Science or something if you didn't. Shouldn't YOU have the right to decide what happens to YOUR body?
一年多以前 Ninja-Kitten said…
rant CONT'D

You also set up everything you did with a defensive manner, as though you were assuming we would hate you just because you were Christian. You attempted to post things from an Atheist's point of view. NEWSFLASH: YOU ARE NOT AN ATHEIST. Therefore, without research and input from Atheists, you should not be writing from our point of view.

What you did was write your lovely "Turnoffs of Christianity" article from what you thought was an Atheistic point of view. As you may have noticed, from the comments that followed, you wrote from a Christian point of view. Completely fine, seeing as you're a Christian.

But you buried yourself with this:

"I'm trying to show you why many arguments against faith are wrong."

That is borderline conversion.

"I'm telling you why there's nothing wrong with my faith!"

But after that, you gave us multiple opinions (abortion is murder, homosexuality is wrong, women's rights arguments for pro-choice are CRAP) without backing them up. You kept arguing your points with proof from the BIBLE which we do not believe in.

You're telling us why your faith is correct without any proof that we can use, and you're not listening to us.

That's a missionary. Right there. Shame on you.

You keep saying you're not trying to convert us, but it sure FEELS like you are, and actions speak more than words. You act like you have no respect for our beliefs and I don't see why we have to respect yours.

Especially because YOU'RE the stranger on the Atheism spot. YOU'RE the different one. Just like I'm the stranger on this spot.

You've noticed that I'm a lot more subdued when I'm here. That is correct. That's because I know this isn't MY spot and I don't feel like I belong here. I'm a guest who's trying to be nice to her hosts. You're the rude house guest who barged in and rearranged all the furniture with a flippant, "You'll thank me later!"

See? Put the furniture back please.
一年多以前 Ninja-Kitten said…
Goodness gracious that was a long rant. I'm really passionate about this.
一年多以前 thetacoman said…
@ninja-kitten I am sorry.
You are right, I approached evrything defensively, but really had no reason, and any hatred that I received stems from the hatred I so readily gave out, and blatantly refused to explain my answers. Please forgive me. I promise to try to do more to EARN respect.
一年多以前 Ninja-Kitten said…
hmmm
Am I sensing sarcasm or sincerity? It's so hard to tell sometimes.
一年多以前 thetacoman said…
Sincerity. I do not want to continue fighting
一年多以前 thetacoman said…
But I would like to say that I was NOT trying to write "The Turnoffs of Christianity" from an Atheist's point of veiw.
I, from a Christian veiwpoint, tried to analyze basic arguments against Christianity that would make sense.
一年多以前 Ninja-Kitten said…
You should have said that when Missy first confronted you about it. It would have saved a whole lot of trouble.