基督教 One for the Catholics.

bri-marie posted on Jan 23, 2013 at 01:25AM
*This is mostly aimed at Catholics, since that's the denomination my parents were/are in, but anyone can answer.

Basically: If someone was baptized, made Holy Communion, and Confirmation, will they always be considered Catholic?

基督教 3 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 bri-marie said…
Here's some background, if it helps:
I was baptized when I was a baby, made Communion in second grade (under threat of not going on to 3rd grade). About a month ago, my mother, father, and I were chatting about my wedding. I said I was going to have a Pagan wedding, since I am Pagan. My mother and father were instantly up in arms, saying that I was going to have a Christian wedding, since I was a Christian.

I politely informed them (again, but that's completely beside the point) that, no, I was not, and it didn't make sense for me to have a Christian wedding. My mother said "yes, you are. You were baptized. You're a Christian."

It made me curious if other Catholic/Christians felt the same way.
一年多以前 Bladewarrior said…
no i don't really think so but i'm not too sure on it because if you have a different belief and you're of a different religion then no
一年多以前 livetobefree said…
You are what you believe. You can say all you want a rock is a tree but its not. Some people just can't accept it when someone in their family, especially a child of theirs, has a different faith than them. Ultimately it's your wedding and you should do what you want :)