隆世神通:最后的气宗 The creators of 阿凡达 说 Azula isn't really evil in Sozin's Comet Book Interview

shyu posted on Apr 21, 2010 at 12:30AM
Mike DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, the creators of Avatar answered a question about Azula in Sozin's Comet : The Final Battle book
exclusive interview on page 63.This is what they said about her :

"Is Azula really as evil as she seems? Or is there more to her?

Mike: As all the Avatar characters, even Azula has a softer side, though it's buried very
deep. As " The Beach" and " Sozin's Comet" showed, she has a lot of unresolved issues with
her mother. She really feels that her mother didn't love her as much as Zuko, and this
drives her crazy, literally.

Bryan: There are obviously some truly evil people in the world, but in the case of Azula, her
repressed emotions and jealousies corroded her spirit and made her become that way. It is
possible that she could turned out better in a healthier environment, but growing up in a
royal family of a nation seeking world domination proved to exacerbate her problems. But
Zuko and Katara spared her life, and who knows she might have a chance to heal."

隆世神通:最后的气宗 8 回复

Click here to write a response...
一年多以前 SergeantJz said…
i knew it!
it was her jealousy.
she is just the same as my sister to me.
一年多以前 zanhar1 said…
i read that
一年多以前 SergeantJz said…
err.. i mean, i already think about it before i read it
一年多以前 Bravesfan13 said…
Personaly I still think Azula is evil because for any avarage person no amount of jealousy would make you become a psycopath
一年多以前 shyu said…
Mike and Bryan made it clear that Azula is not completely evil.
一年多以前 zanhar1 said…
i dont really find her evil, just misunderstood and raised incorrectly.
一年多以前 Bravesfan13 said…
One could say the same about Charles Manson.(look him up if you havent heard about him)
一年多以前 icequeen2217 said…
meh
I felt so sorry for her towards the end. Her environment really was unhealthy, and it's all the fault of her family.